PDA

View Full Version : Is Parker's an Allstar this year?

Spursfury
11-18-2006, 09:34 PM
Does anyone out there agree with me by saying Parker is going to be on the allstar team this year again. I think Parker is grown in to one of the best point guards in the league, every season he has improved in some area of his game. I think he is better than any other point out there right now any day, does Nash have two rings? I think any player in the league will say they rather have a championship trophy than a MVP trophy and Parker has two already this early in his career, but everyone always looks at Nash as best point in the west. If I was scouting, and had to pick I'd pick Parker over anyone as my point. Parker gets my vote...

Leetonidas
11-18-2006, 09:38 PM
If he's not an All-Star this year, something is really wrong with the coaches.

1Parker1
11-18-2006, 10:00 PM
If Baron Davis stays healthy he has a legit chance of making it. As does Bibby who has yet to make the AS game. Also factor in Chris Paul will most likely be stealing Parker's spot, IMO. The competition has gotten a lot stiffer this season. I hope he makes it, but who knows?

RC's Boss
11-18-2006, 10:25 PM
All coaches still say they look at a teams winning % as well which is what i think will keep Tony there. The question of this thread should be WILL MANU RETURN TO THAT FORM AGAIN?

Slinkyman
11-18-2006, 10:39 PM
i think right now you have 4 guys and only 3 will make it those being: Nash, Parker, Davis and Paul. Baron Davis always gets hurt so he may eliminate himself but if not TP may be the odd man out. Bibby has no chance he sucks.

Pistons < Spurs
11-18-2006, 10:48 PM
Chris Paul 17 & 9
Steve Nash 18 & 11
Baron Davis 22 & 9
Derron Williams 18 & 8
Tony Parker 21 & 5

spursparker9
11-18-2006, 11:26 PM
i think if spurs continue to lead the western conference, then parker will be an allstar

Zunni
11-18-2006, 11:35 PM
Baron Davis won't make it unless he's voted a starter. The alternative is to be a coaches pick, and none of the coaches he's ever had have liked him or his attitude. That kind of shit gets around the coaches grapevine.

Pistons < Spurs
11-18-2006, 11:55 PM
i think if spurs continue to lead the western conference, then parker will be an allstar

You do realize that the Spurs don't lead the West right?

The Jazz are 9-1, and I think that will help propel Deron to make an AS appearance over Parker.

ducks
11-18-2006, 11:57 PM
it is not like the jazz are so far ahead of the spurs right now
spurs could easily catch the jazz by then

Sense
11-19-2006, 12:24 AM
Anyone forget about Mike Bibby?

The guy's been great... I think he's going to be one this year.. he's carrying the team.

SequSpur
11-19-2006, 12:58 AM
Tony Parker is the MVP this year.

midgetonadonkey
11-19-2006, 01:48 AM
Tony Parker is the MVP this year.

:lmao

jmard5
11-19-2006, 02:31 AM
I think Parker has a big chance to be an all-star again. I will still go with Parker over Jazz's Deron Williams.

ALVAREZ6
11-19-2006, 06:56 PM
Chris Paul 17 & 9
Steve Nash 18 & 11
Baron Davis 22 & 9
Derron Williams 18 & 8
Tony Parker 21 & 5
ouch.

Clearly better numbers from the other guys.

spurs_in_7
11-19-2006, 07:15 PM
seems there will not be allstar this year for the ballhog

JamStone
11-19-2006, 07:42 PM
Chris Paul should start the all-star game, unless NBA fans continue to deify Steve Nash. Maybe the NBA shouldn't allow internet votes from Canada. Chris Paul is the best point guard in the Western Conference, maybe the League.

And, with the Suns struggling out of the box, Parker still has a good chance to be one of the reserve all star guards.

dg7md
11-19-2006, 07:43 PM
He should be an all-star, but I think Chris Paul will get ahead of him. Maybe Parker could slide in as the third PG, Baron Davis has been amazing this year but who knows if he can keep it up or not get injured?

samikeyp
11-19-2006, 10:23 PM
Yes.

ducks
11-19-2006, 11:50 PM
other players may have more assist but coaches also take in account of the spurs o system
it is not friendly for the point guard to get alot of assist
coaches voted tp in before

anonymous coward
11-20-2006, 12:21 AM
other players may have more assist but coaches also take in account of the spurs o system
:wtf :dizzy

can you argument that?

Nero
11-20-2006, 12:28 AM
Chris Paul should start the all-star game, unless NBA fans continue to deify Steve Nash. Maybe the NBA shouldn't allow internet votes from Canada. Chris Paul is the best point guard in the Western Conference, maybe the League.

And, with the Suns struggling out of the box, Parker still has a good chance to be one of the reserve all star guards.

Not really.
Deron Williams is averaging 19/9 and leading the best team in the L. Plus he's the best defensive PG in the West, maybe the league -- something that none of the others mentioned bother to do, except for Parkers somewhat.

It will be tough for Tony with Nash, Baron Davis, Deron, Chris Paul, and actually they just vote 2 any type of guards right? So there's also Kobe (auto), Tmac, Ray Allen, and Kevin Martin.

It will be especially hard because a lot of those players come from a team with no other allstar candidate, which makes them more likely to be picked by the coach and voted by their fans. Davis, Paul, Ray, Martin for example.

JamStone
11-20-2006, 12:57 AM
Deron doesn't "lead" the best team in the L. Kirilenko and Boozer are the main guys on that team, not Deron. Deron has nice numbers, but there's no question who leads the Hornets.

And besides, Chris Paul is also putting up 19/9, and he shoulders most of the weight of his team. Deron Williams shares the weight of responsibility of his team.

And, while Kevin Martin has been a beast this year, I don't see him making the all star team, even as a reserve. In fact, if the coaches were fair, T-Mac probably doesn't deserve an all star invitation.

The Truth #6
11-20-2006, 01:21 AM
I don't care how good of a season Deron Williams has this season, he won't be making the All Star team. There are too many veterans/household names ahead of him. Most people don't like Utah as a state, a basketball team, or even as an idea.

SpursIndonesia
11-20-2006, 01:40 AM
If Hornets can get into playoff contention up till the all star break, and Chris Paul can sustain his current stats, he COULD supplant Tony as the PG off the bench for western conf. AS team IMHO.

Ofcourse, Tony can make a good case if the Spurs lead the league in winning % with serious potential for a 65+ winning season -ala Detroit last year, while also maintains a respectable stats as TD MAIN sidekick.

smeagol
11-20-2006, 07:40 AM

ducks , what is you background? Where did you learn how to speak english?

If TP keeps up what he did the first six games, he should be in. The last two games, hough, he has cooled off.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
11-20-2006, 07:50 AM
I don't care how good of a season Deron Williams has this season, he won't be making the All Star team. There are too many veterans/household names ahead of him. Most people don't like Utah as a state, a basketball team, or even as an idea.
:lol I take it you're not from Utah?

AFBlue
11-20-2006, 08:01 AM
Does anyone realize that we're barely into double-digit games so far this season? That's why those numbers previously stated don't mean much.

I expect Baron Davis to cool off and start jacking up a million threes.

I expect Bibby to produce the same as he always has, and that hasn't gotten him an All-Star appearance.

I expect Chris Paul to get in on noteriety, but I'm sure he deserves it.

I expect Deron Williams and the Jazz to level off because they have essentially the same team.

I expect Tony to continue playing the role of #2 scorer, while Manu struggles, and put up similar numbers to last year...if not improved #'s. He'll be in with ease.

smeagol
11-20-2006, 08:27 AM
Most people don't like Utah as a state, a basketball team, or even as an idea.

We got a new idiot poster.

nkdlunch
11-20-2006, 11:40 AM
Yes he will make AS. think about it, Spurs are on a killing spree and we deserve at least 2 players in the ASG.

my question is, is Pop gonna coach ASG?

pad300
11-20-2006, 04:21 PM
Yes he will make AS. think about it, Spurs are on a killing spree and we deserve at least 2 players in the ASG.

my question is, is Pop gonna coach ASG?

Prediction - Popovich coaches and Parker is not an Allstar.

Why? Coaches pick non-voted players. CIA Pop will pick Jason Terry or Deron Williams and play him 48 minutes, hoping for an injury... CIA Pop will then use the allstar "snub" to fire up Parker for the playoffs...

CIA Pop - :cooldevil :p:

JamStone
11-20-2006, 04:31 PM
Coaches pick non-voted players, but it's not ONLY the coach of the all star game. ALL coaches in each conference vote for the reserves, and the coaches cannot vote for their own players.

Mavs<Spurs
11-20-2006, 06:14 PM
He is borderline to me. He doesn't look quite as dominant this year. Of course, Timmy is healthy so that is probably a large part of why.

Still Tony doesn't seem to be driving to the hoop as much. Seems to settle too often. I am comfortable with his jumpshot and he is shooting a high percentage still. He also is averaging 22 points a game or so.

But I think that what made him so dangerous before was his ability to get into the paint, inside the heart of the defense.

If that returns, then he is an all star.
If not, then maybe, maybe not.

Dartherus
11-21-2006, 12:01 AM
Parker's playing style will olways make him suited for ASG, cause in regular season no High Basketball IQ is needed for scoring, just athleticism, speed and shooting a lot.

In playoffs, the contribution of these kind of players will always be lower (molstly because one-dimensional play is less efective against strong D), cause in Playoffs, D is quite harder, and a lot of basketball IQ is needed to overcome pressure, that's when players like Tim, Manu or Horry are better suited for action.

Walton Buys Off Me
11-21-2006, 12:30 AM
God No!