PDA

View Full Version : Another 20-20 night for Dwight Howard

flipcritic
11-18-2006, 10:57 PM
Man, I'm becoming a serious fan. Yes he's had games in single points and rebounds this year, but anyone who has seen those games knows the constant double teaming he gets (he's still commits way too many turnovers. Still has to learn how to pass out of em). Tonight they must have thought they could let Okafor (who in all fairness had a very good game, but pretty much no help) guard him one-on-one all night. What a low post monster.

Kingz23
11-19-2006, 12:36 AM
and he got those stats in only 29 min...might have had 30/30 if he played in the 4th

good to see Darko have a good game
25min 7-12fgs 14pts 8rbds 3assts 2stls 4blks

those two are going to terrorize the league if they develop as everyone expects them to

flipcritic
11-19-2006, 12:42 AM
^^^ Holy crap. I didn't know he didn't play the 4th. Frightening.

Vinnie_Johnson
11-19-2006, 12:51 AM
and he got those stats in only 29 min...might have had 30/30 if he played in the 4th

good to see Darko have a good game
25min 7-12fgs 14pts 8rbds 3assts 2stls 4blks

those two are going to terrorize the league if they develop as everyone expects them to

Darko is looking for a 60 million max deal I don't think the magic are going to keep him.

Kingz23
11-19-2006, 12:58 AM
Darko is looking for a 60 million max deal I don't think the magic are going to keep him.

If Darko continues to play like he has, he will get his 60 mill

You dont pass up on an athletic 21 year old(unless you're Dummars), who can block shots like crazy, has good post moves, decent jumper, great passing skills.

He is just going to continue to improve and show that he deserves the money

If a washed up Ben Wallace can get the type of money he got, or Samuel Dalembert, Nene etc...I'm pretty sure Darko can get 50-60 mill from the Magic

You just dont pass up on the potential Darko and Dwight could bring to that team....

Vinnie_Johnson
11-19-2006, 01:06 AM
If Darko continues to play like he has, he will get his 60 mill

You dont pass up on an athletic 21 year old(unless you're Dummars), who can block shots like crazy, has good post moves, decent jumper, great passing skills.

He is just going to continue to improve and show that he deserves the money

If a washed up Ben Wallace can get the type of money he got, or Samuel Dalembert, Nene etc...I'm pretty sure Darko can get 50-60 mill from the Magic

You just dont pass up on the potential Darko and Dwight could bring to that team....

If you give Darko 60mill what are you going to give Howard? if you max them both you are in cap hell.

TDMVPDPOY
11-19-2006, 06:23 AM
If you give Darko 60mill what are you going to give Howard? if you max them both you are in cap hell.

there goes there new arena :D

TDMVPDPOY
11-19-2006, 08:35 AM
It's called the expiring contract of Grant Hill. They don't want to max out Darko though. They need room for a player like Carter.

they can sign carter, and then give darko the extention since the magic still hold the draft rights...

KFRebel
11-19-2006, 08:45 AM
Man, I'm becoming a serious fan. Yes he's had games in single points and rebounds this year, but anyone who has seen those games knows the constant double teaming he gets (he's still commits way too many turnovers. Still has to learn how to pass out of em). Tonight they must have thought they could let Okafor (who in all fairness had a very good game, but pretty much no help) guard him one-on-one all night. What a low post monster.

Amen to that. The dude's half monster.

boutons_
11-19-2006, 09:42 AM
Another monster, who we should be happy isn't playing anymore next to LBJ, is Carlos Boozer.

Boozer had a double-double at haltftime last night vs Suns, and is in an elite group of players for averaging a (big) double-double of 20 and 13 with 55% FG. He's a huge reason Jazz are 9-1 and now worth his big contract. He's making the Jazz look very tough.

Remember last year when Boozer was hurt, there was talk of him being black-balled or dropped by the Jazz ownership?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-19-2006, 07:00 PM
Yeah, Dwight Howard is the next great big man. has to learn to cut down on the TOs (make n=better decisions), and add a couple more low post moves, but other than that he's set.

And I drafted he and Okafor in the 2nd and 3rd round for my fantasy team. That has worked out pretty well. :D

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-20-2006, 09:57 PM
he is going to have another one tonight

Pistons < Spurs
11-20-2006, 10:05 PM
20 points 21 rebounds ... over 5 minutes left in the game

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-20-2006, 10:07 PM
Dwight is going to do something KG couldnt, take his team to a championship (one day) :lol

I say KG coz thats the comparison people seem to always make

Pistons < Spurs
11-20-2006, 10:23 PM
hmmm I've always heard him compared to Duncan and not KG.

but unless he gets some more help, he's not taking anyone to the 'ship.

HeyIt'sMe
11-20-2006, 10:41 PM
Dwight is the best rebounder I have ever seen... seriously.

TDMVPDPOY
11-20-2006, 10:45 PM
fuck dwight

check out okafor stats for today, dude fuckn destroyed it on defense another 22pt 13reb 8block game

HeyIt'sMe
11-20-2006, 10:48 PM
fuck dwight

check out okafor stats for today, dude fuckn destroyed it on defense another 22pt 13reb 8block game

Okafor's also 3 1/2 years older and plays on a crap team. The attention Howard gets from opposing teams is far more than Okafor.

TDMVPDPOY
11-20-2006, 11:01 PM
Okafor's also 3 1/2 years older and plays on a crap team. The attention Howard gets from opposing teams is far more than Okafor.

its not his fault an expansion team drafted him...

HeyIt'sMe
11-20-2006, 11:16 PM
its not his fault an expansion team drafted him...

Charlotte has talent. Gerald Wallace (despite his play so far this season), Raymond Felton, etc. are far from scrubs. In fact, I'd say talent wise, Charlotte is on par with Orlando.

TDMVPDPOY
11-20-2006, 11:37 PM
OO50 = DPOY :(

tim duncan fuckn looms

JamStone
11-20-2006, 11:54 PM

Darko is not really looking for a 60 million dollar deal. It's called the art of negotiation. Both Darko and his representation know he's not worth that. But, they overvalue him in order to get at least reasonably close to his bottomline number. And, he'll get pretty close to that 60 million anyway. A 7-footer with that much skill and potential and still really, really young will have other suitors, that will pay decently. Orlando will probably keep him probably closer to 9-10 million a year. And, he might be worth it.

Spurologist
11-21-2006, 12:45 AM
Moses Malone v2

flipcritic
11-21-2006, 12:55 AM

Okafor is a bull no doubt. His body reminds me of another "Oak" Charles Oakley, but he's got waaaaay more athleticism.

However, Okafor doesn't draw the same amount of double teams that Howard does. Okafor gets his points on hustle plays and his decent jumpers. Howard is all down low (he's got a much wider array of low post moves than Okafor). Howard seems to have a lot more room to grow in all areas of the game, as Howard looks to have pretty much maxed out what he's capable of (I could be wrong). Only time will tell.

As for now, what we can only rely on their head-to-head matchups, where Howard wins.

TDMVPDPOY
11-21-2006, 02:34 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3fl8ZqZxj0E

check out his house, wheres that fuckn drob or td poster he had, i think he pulled it down

flipcritic
11-21-2006, 03:44 AM

You see more Magic games than I do (I think). Do you think Dwight is falling too much in love with rebounds? He could be a tremendous shot blocker, but when you go for blocks, you give up rebounding position.

Obstructed_View
11-21-2006, 03:46 AM
You must not be very old. :) Rodman averaged almost 20 boards a game when he was with the Pistons. I saw a game at the Alamodome where he got 20 rebounds in the first half against the Mavericks. He and Barkley were the best I ever saw.

Now, having said that, someone even older than me will point out that Bill Russell never averaged less than 20 boards per game during the playoffs in his entire career. He did that well before I was born, however. :)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-21-2006, 05:25 AM
He's a BEAST!

He'll be the premier NBA big man in a year or three... all depends on how Timmy ages.

Beautiful in fantasy - he basically gives you the rebounds cat every week he plays. When you've got Okafor too, you're untouchable in blocks and boards (until one of them gets injured :oops ). :D

HeyIt'sMe
11-21-2006, 10:02 AM
You must not be very old. :) Rodman averaged almost 20 boards a game when he was with the Pistons. I saw a game at the Alamodome where he got 20 rebounds in the first half against the Mavericks. He and Barkley were the best I ever saw.

Now, having said that, someone even older than me will point out that Bill Russell never averaged less than 20 boards per game during the playoffs in his entire career. He did that well before I was born, however. :)

There's more to it than numbers. Bill Russell, who I have TREMENDOUS respect for, would not average 20 boards a game in this day and age. Howard goes after the ball with such tenacity, such aggression, and to top it off, he's scary athletic and has an incredible second jump.

Dennis Rodman is up there, but Howard more than holds his own. I think the most important stat, though, is that he's still only 20. How many boards is he going to average when he's 26 and in the prime of his career? It's a scary thought.

HeyIt'sMe
11-21-2006, 10:21 AM
You see more Magic games than I do (I think). Do you think Dwight is falling too much in love with rebounds? He could be a tremendous shot blocker, but when you go for blocks, you give up rebounding position.

Howard's defense has improved this season over the last two, which is all I can ask. Plus, 1.9 blocks isn't too shabby. He isn't the shotblocker Emeka Okafor, or even Darko Milicic are, and probably never will be (doesn't have the instincts), but I'd still take Howard over Okafor 10 out of 10 times.

Okafor's a tremendous shot blocker, but in terms of man-to-man defense, he's barely better than Howard, and Dwight's a lot younger.