2) Michigan
3) Southern California
4) Florida
5) Arkansas
23) Nebraska

BCS - See below

johngateswhiteley
11-19-2006, 04:12 PM
good news for USC as they move up 2 spots in Coaches ahead of Michigan, the only of the two polls factored into the BCS.

SrA Husker
11-19-2006, 04:35 PM
BCS Rankings:
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/6188380

1) Ohio State
2) Michigan
3) USC
4) Florida
5) Notre Dame

Brutalis
11-19-2006, 05:05 PM
What kind of bullshit is this? Fucking incredible glitch after glitch.

Michigan still #2 in BCS is a load. USC is #2, period. I am so fucking sick of this shit.

johngateswhiteley
11-19-2006, 05:06 PM
holy shit. well, that is one close fucking BCS #2 & #3, but it is now simple what USC has to do...

if USC beats notre dame, they are in. its as simple as that...anybody who can't see that is....well, blind. the win over notre dame makes up that 0.007.

Beaverfuzz
11-19-2006, 05:25 PM
holy shit. well, that is one close fucking BCS #2 & #3, but it is now simple what USC has to do...

if USC beats notre dame, they are in. its as simple as that...anybody who can't see that is....well, blind. the win over notre dame makes up that 0.007.

What if USC loses to UCLA?
:dizzy

Brutalis
11-19-2006, 05:28 PM
Ha ha ha.

johngateswhiteley
11-19-2006, 05:28 PM
What if USC loses to UCLA?
:dizzy

shhh! one game at a time. if USC wins they are in, its as simple, and difficult, as that. wins over ND and UCLA easily put the Trojans ahead of that 0.007 margin.

LaMarcus Bryant
11-19-2006, 05:55 PM
roflrofl
college football championships without two sole undefeated teams are completely utterly meaningless

johngateswhiteley
11-19-2006, 05:56 PM
roflrofl
college football championships without two sole undefeated teams are completely utterly meaningless

umm, there aren't any undefeated teams left besides boise state. do you want the broncos against ohio state?

LaMarcus Bryant
11-19-2006, 06:00 PM
I am saying that there will never be a consensus of who is the true national champion unless the two teams playing have the two best records and rankings.

This season is resulting in another clusterfuck, but we've seen worse. It could have been REALLY bad this season, but it'll still end up being a clusterfuck. What I am saying is that what you just said can be implied by many a ncaa fan.

A disupted title is meaningless.

johngateswhiteley
11-19-2006, 06:07 PM
I am saying that there will never be a consensus of who is the true national champion unless the two teams playing have the two best records and rankings.

This season is resulting in another clusterfuck, but we've seen worse. It could have been REALLY bad this season, but it'll still end up being a clusterfuck. What I am saying is that what you just said can be implied by many a ncaa fan.

A disupted title is meaningless.

while i agree this season is a clusterfuck, a disputed title is never meaningless. a team will do all they can...and thats all they can do.

btw, if disputed titles are meaningless then t.u. would have 1 maybe 2, instead of 4. and don't forget if ohio state wins out then there is no dispute, or if USC does win out and beat ohio state there may be dispute, but it would be very little as only, possibly, florida would have a case if they beat Arkansas. otherwise, no team has a case:

1. USC beat Ark
2. Ark might beat florida
3. ohio state beat michigan

...so if USC or Ohio State win the title, there is nothing to dispute, UNLESS, Florida beats Arkansas. you see?

LaMarcus Bryant
11-19-2006, 06:46 PM
Yeah but its the nature of rankings to minimize effect of earlier season losses.

this is why ohio state was actually helped into their bcs bowl by losing to u.t earlier in the season last year. Just as we were being helped by losing to them early until the Kstate debacle. USC beating Ark only helped Ark be a high ranked 1 loss team, and it doesn't really do much for USC other than give them the W.

johngateswhiteley
11-19-2006, 06:50 PM
Yeah but its the nature of rankings to minimize effect of earlier season losses.

this is why ohio state was actually helped into their bcs bowl by losing to u.t earlier in the season last year. Just as we were being helped by losing to them early until the Kstate debacle. USC beating Ark only helped Ark be a high ranked 1 loss team, and it doesn't really do much for USC other than give them the W.

OK, but still. if ohio state wins its legit, if USC wins and Florida loses to Ark then its legit as well.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-19-2006, 07:31 PM
USC is #2, period. I am so fucking sick of this shit.

I'd love to hear your argument on why SC deserves to be #2. They've got a loss, same as Michigan. Why should SC jump Michigan because the Wolverines lost by a FG on the home field of #1?

johngateswhiteley
11-19-2006, 07:48 PM
I'd love to hear your argument on why SC deserves to be #2. They've got a loss, same as Michigan. Why should SC jump Michigan because the Wolverines lost by a FG on the home field of #1?

its a tough one:

1. USC has blown away all ranked opponents they have played

2. Michigan has blown away the two ranked opponents they have played and only lost to the #1 team

(michigan has beaten 1 ranked team to USC's 3, when they matched up. currently, USC has beaten 3 ranked teams to michigan's 2)

but the bottom line is this: if USC runs the table they will be in the title game. wins over notre dame and ucla EASILY gets them ahead of a stagnant Michigan team. if USC does win out there is nothing michigan can do about it except suck it up and go to the rose bowl.

j-6
11-19-2006, 07:53 PM
I think SC is right where they need to be. If the Trojans can beat ND in convincing fashion (not like last year's thriller) and then wallop UCLA, they're in. I think beating the #5 BCS team will make up seven-thousandths of a percentage point.

johngateswhiteley
11-19-2006, 08:20 PM
I think SC is right where they need to be. If the Trojans can beat ND in convincing fashion (not like last year's thriller) and then wallop UCLA, they're in. I think beating the #5 BCS team will make up seven-thousandths of a percentage point.

thing is they don't need to kill nd, they just need to win and then beat ucla by 2-3 TDs.

...we are only talking about 0.007% here. any type of win over nd will do it, and if you think otherwise...you need to retake math.

j-6
11-19-2006, 08:43 PM
thing is they don't need to kill nd, they just need to win and then beat ucla by 2-3 TDs.

...we are only talking about 0.007% here. any type of win over nd will do it, and if you think otherwise...you need to retake math.

I'm gonna disagree with you on this one. I think you have to beat Notre Dame with enough definition to render the impression to the Harris pollers and the coaches that SC deserves to be in Glendale rather than Michigan. However favorable this scenario looks for the Trojans right now, Michigan is still ahead of them with nobody left to fuck up against.

If someone has to shove John David Booty into the end zone with the clock at 0:00 for the W, plenty ballots are going to come back with Michigan in the two spot. After all, the Wolverines beat this same Irish team 47-21. In South Bend.

There's a lot of potential for funny business here. If Lloyd Carr asks to borrow that soapbox Mack Brown used so well this time of year in 2004, consider yourself warned.

johngateswhiteley
11-19-2006, 08:47 PM
I'm gonna disagree with you on this one. I think you have to beat Notre Dame with enough definition to render the impression to the Harris pollers and the coaches that SC deserves to be in Glendale rather than Michigan. However favorable this scenario looks for the Trojans right now, Michigan is still ahead of them with nobody left to fuck up against.

If someone has to shove John David Booty into the end zone with the clock at 0:00 for the W, plenty ballots are going to come back with Michigan in the two spot. After all, the Wolverines beat this same Irish team 47-21. In South Bend.

There's a lot of potential for funny business here. If Lloyd Carr asks to borrow that soapbox Mack Brown used so well this time of year in 2004, consider yourself warned.

USC is already #2 in the Harris and Coaches, they are only behind Michigan in the computer poll. therefore as long as they beat notre dame they ARE in, period.

...lest we forget, notre dame vs. USC is a rivalry game. any win should be enough, not to mention notre dame might be playing better now than earlier in the season.

what say you?

LaMarcus Bryant
11-19-2006, 08:48 PM
It's all moot anyways, who here except JGW really thinks USC has a chance against OSU anyways?

johngateswhiteley
11-19-2006, 08:55 PM
It's all moot anyways, who here except JGW really thinks USC has a chance against OSU anyways?

well thats a good point, but i'd rather be there than not. its all about the greatness of USC, you know that. :spin

...i do, honestly, believe USC can beat ohio state. IF Booty is having a good day and our defense plays like it has, we can beat the buckeye. thing is Booty has missed a lot of open receivers this year...so that is definitely an if. one thing i know for sure, ohio state is not putting up 42 points on USC's defense...not the way they are playing right now.

j-6
11-19-2006, 09:02 PM
USC is already #2 in the Harris and Coaches, they are only behind Michigan in the computer poll. therefore as long as they beat notre dame they ARE in, period.

...lest we forget, notre dame vs. USC is a rivalry game. any win should be enough, not to mention notre dame might be playing better now than earlier in the season.

what say you?

Michigan - Notre Dame is a rivalry game as well. A three point or so win isn't gonna cut it if the voters (by the way, a partial list of Harris pollers is on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harris_Interactive_College_Football_Poll)) keep thinking about Henne and Manningham hooking up three times for TD's against Notre Dame and the Michigan D harassing Quinn into interception after interception.

A B game or a C game just might cut it, but why take that chance? Go hang fifty on them like the Trojans did against Arkansas and announce your right to be in the BCS title game. Michigan almost did it, why can't SC?

johngateswhiteley
11-19-2006, 09:10 PM
Michigan - Notre Dame is a rivalry game as well. A three point or so win isn't gonna cut it if the voters (by the way, a partial list of Harris pollers is on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harris_Interactive_College_Football_Poll)) keep thinking about Henne and Manningham hooking up three times for TD's against Notre Dame and the Michigan D harassing Quinn into interception after interception.

A B game or a C game just might cut it, but why take that chance? Go hang fifty on them like the Trojans did against Arkansas and announce your right to be in the BCS title game. Michigan almost did it, why can't SC?

i am not saying SC cannot. but USC vs. notre dame is a HUGE rivalry, much bigger than anything between them and michigan. i think winning by 10+ is plenty.

btw, do you think notre dame has gotten better since they lost to Michigan?

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-19-2006, 09:16 PM
Stagnant Michigan team? :lmao Whatever you say man, put down the crack pipe.

That's a lot of assumptions. What about UCLA? They lose, they're out. They don't win convincingly, they're out. And you're also assuming the Coaches poll and Harris keep them at #2, which is no guarantee.

johngateswhiteley
11-19-2006, 09:21 PM
Stagnant Michigan team? :lmao Whatever you say man, put down the crack pipe.

That's a lot of assumptions. What about UCLA? They lose, they're out. They don't win convincingly, they're out. And you're also assuming the Coaches poll and Harris keep them at #2, which is no guarantee.

apparently, you are not familiar with the English language. stagnant=inactive. Michigan's season is over...whats so hard to understand about that?

if USC beats notre dame, they are not going to lose to ucla...not to mention they OWN ucla. you're an Aggie fan, so i'll try not to flog you.

jochhejaam
11-19-2006, 09:43 PM
Michigan still #2 in the BCS. Get ready for OSU-Mich II.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/BCSStandings

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2668566

Horry For 3!
11-19-2006, 10:49 PM
What kind of bullshit is this? Fucking incredible glitch after glitch.

Michigan still #2 in BCS is a load. USC is #2, period. I am so fucking sick of this shit.
USC lost to Oregon State who isn't even ranked. Michigan lost to the best team in the country who is ranked #1. Michigan = #2.