PDA

View Full Version : McNabb out for season

goliath
11-19-2006, 04:48 PM
Jeremy Green on the ESPN gamecast chat just said that McNabb has a torn ACL and is out for the season.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-19-2006, 04:49 PM
Jeremy Green on the ESPN gamescast chat just said that McNabb has a torn ACL and is out for the season.

Ooh. I knew when I wrote the Eagles were done, they were done, but I didn't want it to be like this.

JMarkJohns
11-19-2006, 04:53 PM
I'm sad. I really, truly am. And if I'm not careful the fantasy football gods will exact a bit of fantasy karma on me because, truth be told, this injury helps me in both my Leagues (currently second in both) as both those in first had McNabb as their QB.

I've already suffered a bit of karma as Colston went down. Still, my backup TE in that League went for 8 points today.

It sucks for McNabb, the Eagles and the NFL, but damn does it do me a huge favor.

Hope he tears the league up next year. Always liked McNabb.

Fillmoe
11-19-2006, 05:04 PM
that sucks....

bye bye playoffs

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-19-2006, 05:05 PM
that sucks....

bye bye playoffs

They weren't making the playoffs with Donovan.

JMarkJohns
11-19-2006, 05:05 PM
McNabb done for the year with ACL tear

Associated Press
Posted: 2 minutes ago

PHILADELPHIA (AP) - Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb will miss the rest of the year because of a torn ligament in his right knee, ending his season early for the third time in five years.
McNabb was carted off the field early in the second quarter of Philadelphia's 24-13 loss to the Tennessee Titans on Sunday.
The Eagles said McNabb tore his ACL.

"That's normally an eight month to a year injury, so he's done for the year," Eagles coach Andy Reid said.

McNabb was rolling to his right near the Tennessee sideline and tumbled out of bounds after throwing an incomplete pass. He grabbed his leg and was immediately tended to by trainers. He was replaced in the lineup by Jeff Garcia.

McNabb, a five-time Pro Bowler, came into the game tied with Peyton Manning for the league lead with 18 touchdown passes and was second in the league with 2,569 yards passing.

McNabb had surgery for a sports hernia and missed the final seven games last season when the Eagles finished 6-10 a year after going to the Super Bowl. McNabb also sat out the final six regular-season games of the 2002 season with a broken ankle before returning for the playoffs.

The Eagles were 2-5 with Mike McMahon filling in for McNabb last year and went 5-1 with Koy Detmer and A.J. Feeley starting the last six games in '02.

McNabb was 6-for-13 for 78 yards and threw an interception in the end zone before leaving the game.

MannyIsGod
11-19-2006, 05:12 PM
I'm in first in both of my leagues. I have Donovan in both. I hope Trent Green blows up.

Fillmoe
11-19-2006, 05:24 PM

true but they would have alot better chance with donovan

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-19-2006, 06:05 PM
Looks like the Christmas game just lost its value.

ALVAREZ6
11-19-2006, 06:49 PM
Fuck fuck fuck fuck.

This is why I'm thankful I drafted McNabb AND Vick.

Bye bye Donavan for the season. Fuck. He was really sucking today vs Tennessee...he threw the worst pick ever that was an easy TD, and he could have thrown a few more but the Titans couldn't catch them all due to butter hands.

PixelPusher
11-19-2006, 07:30 PM
RIP to my fantasy breadwinner this season. Here's hoping Romo is as good as all you Cowboy fans say he is.

Sense
11-19-2006, 07:31 PM
GG Philly.

1Parker1
11-19-2006, 09:28 PM
Damn it! :pctoss

samikeyp
11-19-2006, 11:03 PM
I could give a rats ass about Philly but I am a fan of McNabb.....sucks for him and Philly fan.

dirk4mvp
11-19-2006, 11:05 PM
Damn, I hate to hear it.

But it should be a steamroll next week :smokin

slayermin
11-20-2006, 12:10 AM
It looks like Lamont Jordan is also out for the year. I knew I should have drafted Stephen Jackson. Oh well. Live and learn.

Mr Dio
11-24-2006, 03:27 PM

True.

McNabb sure put on some act.