PDA

View Full Version : Wagner accepts Warriors buyout

Pistons < Spurs
11-20-2006, 12:04 AM
Dajuan Wagner has accepted a buyout from the Golden State Warriors and is no longer with the team, a source with knowledge of the negotiations tells SI.com.

The 23-year old Wagner signed a two-year contract with the Warriors in the off-season after missing all of the 2005-06 season recovering from surgery to have his colon removed. Wagner scored four points in one game for Golden State this season.

According to the source, Wagner's conditioning had steadily deteriorated since joining the Warriors and after a stellar training camp where Wagner started all but one preseason game and twice led the team in scoring he quickly fell out of favor with head coach Don Nelson. Wagner was not at the Warriors game against Seattle on Saturday with the team reporting he was "under the weather."

A spokesman for the Warriors would not comment but said the team would have an announcement regarding Wagner on Monday.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/basketball/nba/11/19/dejuan.wagner/index.html

AFBlue
11-20-2006, 07:34 AM
To think they dumped Devin Brown for this chump who has never made an impact in the NBA. And now they dump him?

timvp
11-20-2006, 01:49 PM
Kinda sad, actually. I was hoping he could make a return to the NBA and looked good in preseason. Hopefully it's nothing health related.

But if he can't make it in Nellie's guard friendly system, he can't make it anywhere.

lebomb
11-20-2006, 01:52 PM
I really think Dejuan is ILL.......his health has not been good for years. Even what they said in the article about how his conditioning has deteriorated leads me to believe he has a serious health issue. I feel sorry for him, its not his fault.

PHAT TONY obviously didnt :reading the article above :rolleyes

AFBlue
11-20-2006, 04:39 PM
PHAT TONY obviously didnt :reading the article above :rolleyes

What didn't I read and what about my statements were inaccurate?

Wagner has never lived up to that claim-to-fame 100pt hs game. He has been incessantly injured and out of shape.

Devin Brown, though he struggled in Utah, had clearly found a niche with the Spurs and worked into a rotation spot on a championship calibur team.

Am I wrong?

If you were Coach/GM of a team, would you rather have a 6'5 220 pound GF or an injury-prone, undersized scorer?

Personally, I'm happy with the Spurs roster, but I could understand the call for Devin Brown when he got cut.

AFBlue
11-20-2006, 04:40 PM
But if he can't make it in Nellie's guard friendly system, he can't make it anywhere.

Well Said.

AFBlue
11-20-2006, 04:43 PM
Dajuan Wagner, when healthy, is much better than Devin Brown. Wagner could easily average 15 points a game in this league if he ever got healthy.

First of all, you're premise is unrealistic because he's never been healthy. Secondly, you cannot presume that because he hasn't been able to produce on this level. HS and one year of college production doesn't necessarily translate into NBA production.