PDA

View Full Version : Unfair beginning to season?

Mavs<Spurs
11-20-2006, 10:52 AM
Is it just me or does this seem like a pretty unfair beginning to the season?

start off playing Dallas in Dallas, followed by Cleveland.

Four games in your first five nights. Another game and then another back to back.

Then another game, followed by another back to back on the road?

I know this isn't exactly right, but I think it's close and it's pretty ugly?

Lots of room for conspiracy speculation about Stern.

Yet, we still have an 8-2 record and a lot of positives to take from this.

First, although we have already lost two home games, we have an

unblemished record on the road, at 5-0. Second, that comeback against

Houston in Houston when we were down by about twenty points was

amazing. Third, Tim Duncan is playing incredible basketball and is healthy. If

he plays like this and Manu and Tony just have average seasons, that's

enough for us to win it all. And we have the second best record in the NBA.

jman3000
11-20-2006, 10:54 AM
whoever the fuck is thinking about a stern conspiracy is a douche bag of the highest order.

Utah will undoubtable come back to Earth ... so I still reckon we'll come out with the best record in the league.

I see no problem with the b2b's... because that just means that our schedule should be more favorable down the home stretch when it really counts.

z0sa
11-20-2006, 11:06 AM
I see no problem with the b2b's... because that just means that our schedule should be more favorable down the home stretch when it really counts.

:tu

YoMamaIsCallin
11-20-2006, 11:35 AM
Hopefully I've got this list right. There's a total of 18 back-to-backs. As you can see, November is the cruelest month. But it gets a lot better. Personally, I think this is not a bad schedule at all, all things considered.

November
2-3 A-H (W-L)
5-6 A-A (W-W)
14-15 A-H (W-L)
19-20 A-A (W-?)
26-27 A-A

December
10-11 A-A
13-14 H-A
22-23 H-A

January
2-3 A-A
9-10 H-A
21-22 A-A

February
31-1 A-A
13-14 A-A
20-21 H-A

March
2-3 H-A
5-6 A-A
25-26 A-A

April
15-16 A-A

boutons_
11-20-2006, 11:40 AM
I think we had fewer back to backs last season,
and I think Detroit had 21 B2Bs last season.

Somebody look to see if the second games of Spurs B2Bs are against teams also on second of B2B.

Mr. Body
11-20-2006, 11:46 AM
I agree it's best the BtBs happen right away, when the team is fresher. Everyone is healthy and we'll get through a lot of them right away. Having Portland tonight is a fairly easy one.

Going forward, if we win .500 of the second games, I'll be happy. That's not bad at all.

bdictjames
11-20-2006, 01:03 PM
Worst of all, we're beaten by average teams in B2B games. Sure I could take a loss from Dallas, or Phoenix, but Cleveland and CHARLOTTE? Puh-leeze.. now dont tell me we're gonna lose against the JailBlazers and Randolph..

:pctoss :madrun :bang :ihit

JamStone
11-20-2006, 01:09 PM
Maybe if the players were paid $40,000 a year. It's not unfair to be challenged. That's why they are paid so handsomely. Players should want those challenges, even savor those challenges.

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-20-2006, 01:37 PM
Not only is it better to get these stretches while everyone's healthy, but getting challenged this early is an important marker for where the team really is. Better now than to find out in April that this team isn't as tough as it needs to be.