PDA

View Full Version : Kramer goes crazy on stage

Phil Hellmuth
11-20-2006, 01:53 PM
http://www.cnn.com/video/player/player.html?url=/video/showbiz/2006/11/19/b.anderson.nword.cnn

boutons_
11-20-2006, 01:55 PM
November 20, 2006

Richards Has Angry Outburst at Club

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Filed at 1:24 p.m. ET

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Michael Richards stunned a comedy club audience, shouting racial epithets at people who heckled him during a stand-up routine.

The 57-year-old actor-comedian, best known for playing Jerry Seinfeld's eccentric neighbor Kramer on the hit TV show ''Seinfeld,'' was performing at the Laugh Factory in West Hollywood Friday night when he went into the verbal rampage.

A video posted on TMZ.com shows that the tirade apparently began after two black audience members started shouting at him that he wasn't funny.

Richards retorted: ''Shut up! Fifty years ago we'd have you upside down with a f------ fork up your a--.''

He then paced across the stage taunting the men for interrupting his show, peppering his speech with racial slurs and profanities.

''You can talk, you can talk, you're brave now mother------. Throw his a-- out. He's a n-----!'' Richards shouts before repeating the racial epithet over and over again.

While there is some chuckling in the audience throughout the outburst, someone can be heard gasping ''Oh my God'' and various people ''ooh'' after Richard uses the n-word.

Eventually someone says: ''It's not funny. That's why you're a reject, never had no shows, never had no movies. `Seinfeld,' that's it.''

Richards performed the next night at the Laugh Factory without incident.

Calls to Richards' representatives were not returned Monday.

He refused to comment on-camera when reached by CNN, but the network reported that he said off-camera he felt sorry for what had happened and had made amends.

Seinfeld issued a statement saying he was ''sick over this.''

''I'm sure Michael is also sick over this horrible, horrible mistake. It is so extremely offensive. I feel terrible for all the people who have been hurt,'' Seinfeld said.

===========

KKKramer !:lol

lebomb
11-20-2006, 02:08 PM
Kramer should have just gone off comedian style on the hecklers.......there are tons of people that talk schmack during comedy acts......you just have to be witty and go after the hecklers.....Not just get mad and shout racial slurs.

Condemned 2 HelLA
11-20-2006, 02:10 PM
White people would never yell at an icon like that.

*cue O Rly owl*

samikeyp
11-20-2006, 02:59 PM
Kramer the Krazy Kracker. :)

Murphy
11-20-2006, 03:31 PM
amazing how chocolates get mad so easily

Samurai Jane
11-20-2006, 04:41 PM
At the Tempe Improv, they told us not to say anything, no heckling allowed. I guess they were trying to avoid something like this...

ChumpDumper
11-20-2006, 04:44 PM
I think they're going to show the tape on Tucker. Maybe Fox will use it to replace the OJ special.

ChumpDumper
11-20-2006, 05:01 PM
Holy shit. He really did go crazy. That was awful. The only question now is if he blames booze, pills or becomes a radio talk show host.

2centsworth
11-20-2006, 05:18 PM
Paul Rodriguez is a doop. Freedom of speech doesn't have limitations, it just has consequences.

Funny how Attorneys are trying to sue. Lawyers can be so sleezy.

timvp
11-20-2006, 05:29 PM
This needs to get on youtube.

AlamoSpursFan
11-20-2006, 05:33 PM
*cue O Rly owl*

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c155/AlamoSpursFan/orly26se.jpg

ChumpDumper
11-20-2006, 05:35 PM
TMZ comes through with the video:

http://us.video.aol.com/video.index.adp?mode=1&pmmsid=1772645

Burn531
11-20-2006, 05:38 PM
I guess that was uncalled for.

LaMarcus Bryant
11-20-2006, 07:16 PM
ROFLROFLROFL
has anyone heard the audio to this?

Its fucking gold
funniest thing i heard all day

Spurminator
11-20-2006, 08:36 PM
Wow.... That is the most gruesome trainwreck I've ever seen. At first you want to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume it's a bad joke that went sour, but he keeps going. And going.

Adrenaline makes you stupid sometimes.

LaMarcus Bryant
11-20-2006, 08:41 PM
The lawyer dude was saying htat hte black guy told kramer "my friend thinks you are not funny"

gimmie a break
i doubt he said that

it will be funny if kramer admits to alcholism, gets on rehab, makes an appereance at naacp and then everyone forgets he is a bigot

tsb2000
11-20-2006, 08:50 PM
Apparently, the damage control has already started.

Seinfeld to the rescue (http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/the-truth-behind-kramers-meltdown-comedy-clubs-celebrate-hatred/)

ChumpDumper
11-20-2006, 08:53 PM
Apparently Richards tried to apologize via satellite during a Jerry Seinfeld interview on Letterman. Reportedly it didn't go well either. Ah beat me to it.

attyjackiechiles
11-20-2006, 11:04 PM
That's deplorable, unfathomable, improbable! Who told him to go on stage!? Those remarks were totally inappropriate. They were lewd, lascivious, salacious, outrageous!

Clandestino
11-20-2006, 11:04 PM
maybe they will learn to shut the fuck next time! hahaha..

Fillmoe
11-20-2006, 11:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8HfgFJnSCM

taken from the dvd "Jails, Hospitals and Hip Hop"

ShoogarBear
11-20-2006, 11:44 PM
I wonder if Richards would have done anything if this wasn't on tape.

Condemned 2 HelLA
11-21-2006, 12:52 AM
That's deplorable, unfathomable, improbable! Who told him to go on stage!? Those remarks were totally inappropriate. They were lewd, lascivious, salacious, outrageous!

Glad to see that you were able to show up and save the day!

lefty
11-21-2006, 12:58 AM
MIchael Richards apologized live tonight on Letterman (via satellite) ; Seinfeld was Letterman's first guest ; it was really emotional

Leetonidas
11-21-2006, 01:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8HfgFJnSCM

taken from the dvd "Jails, Hospitals and Hip Hop"
That totally was not funny. Danny Hoch was getting ass hurt over nothing.

Leetonidas
11-21-2006, 01:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T7uKvpzVXI

There's the video for it

ZStomp
11-21-2006, 03:30 AM
Here's the video of his apology.

http://vidclick.blogspot.com/2006/11/seinfeld-star-apologizes-for-outburst.html

ChumpDumper
11-21-2006, 05:06 AM
Looks like they edited the shit out of that apology.

Spurminator
11-21-2006, 10:18 AM
Full video of apology:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UG6-t6glZ0&mode=related&search=

It's interesting how the audience doesn't know how to react... It's like they're expecting a joke.

dougp
11-21-2006, 10:31 AM
Supposedly the people who were heckling him were saying racial slurs to him ... if that's the case, I see no problem with how he went off on them. Just because he's white doesn't mean people are allowed to say slurs to him.

If that's not the case, then what he did was absolutely stupid and he deserves to wreck his career for it.

ZStomp
11-21-2006, 10:33 AM
Wreck his career for it? Nah- he messed up but he deserves a 2nd chance. He seemed sincere about his apology.

Spurminator
11-21-2006, 10:34 AM
Supposedly the people who were heckling him were saying racial slurs to him ... if that's the case, I see no problem with how he went off on them. Just because he's white doesn't mean people are allowed to say slurs to him.

If that's not the case, then what he did was absolutely stupid and he deserves to wreck his career for it.

On the video, one guy calls him cracka-ass, but that's long after the hung upside down remark.

Spurminator
11-21-2006, 10:35 AM
Wreck his career for it? Nah- he messed up but he deserves a 2nd chance. He seemed sincere about his apology.

What career? I mean, I loved him as Kramer (and the janitor in UHF), but seriously.... Before this incident when did we ever hear about him?

There's a reason most of the headlines on this story have "Kramer" in the title and not "Michael Richards."

JoeChalupa
11-21-2006, 10:39 AM
I knew about Richards long before Seinfeld. He had a crazy act about being a body builder/exercise nut and he always did the bit with the cigarette and those silly faces.
I think he was trying to improvise and it back fired big time. It sucks because he was gold on Seinfeld.

dougp
11-21-2006, 10:43 AM
On the video, one guy calls him cracka-ass, but that's long after the hung upside down remark.
From the video though we don't see all the heckling that was performed - so we have no idea what really might have set him off.

Yah, he deserves a second chance but his apology was terrible - he tried to improvise it and sounded terrible.

JoeChalupa
11-21-2006, 10:44 AM
Maybe he should've apologized as "Kramer".

IceColdBrewski
11-21-2006, 11:47 AM
That's one heckler who definitely got the point. It was funny that he thought he could interupt Richards' show, but when Richards returned fire, he went from a tough guy heckler to a "that's uncalled for" crybaby. Don't dish it out if ya can't take it.

Leetonidas
11-21-2006, 12:32 PM
WTF, the crowd was laughing and Jerry said "Stop laughing, it's not funny."

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-21-2006, 12:39 PM
Man, that apology was...interesting. Heartfelt for sure, but not well prepared. I guess he didn't want to the usual route with a short, prepared statement since no one really believes those things anyways, but he sounded almost drunk.

Fillmoe
11-21-2006, 12:48 PM
regardless of what anyone was saying to him hes gotta understand that hes a star and he just cant react that way... his career is pretty much done for now! it would have taken him a couple mins to get those folks that were heckling him thrown out but instead he chose a different route and now his career is done........ he can go fuck himself because once you have shown your real side all the apologies in the world arent gonna make a difference

MelGibson
11-21-2006, 12:48 PM
I recommend rehab.

leemajors
11-21-2006, 12:53 PM
I knew about Richards long before Seinfeld. He had a crazy act about being a body builder/exercise nut and he always did the bit with the cigarette and those silly faces.
I think he was trying to improvise and it back fired big time. It sucks because he was gold on Seinfeld.

he was also great in UHF!

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-21-2006, 12:55 PM
he was also great in UHF!

THESE FLOORS ARE DIRTY AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANY MORE!

Jimcs50
11-21-2006, 01:29 PM
Those fuckers had it coming.

If you do not like a show, just leave or STFU and let other people watch the show. I hate hecklers, they are nothing but assholes that just ruin it for everyone else.

Leetonidas
11-21-2006, 01:32 PM
I wonder what mouse would do if he was heckled. :smokin

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-21-2006, 02:06 PM

If you do not like a show, just leave or STFU and let other people watch the show. I hate hecklers, they are nothing but assholes that just ruin it for everyone else.

"You call that a root canal? My grandma fills cavities better! You couldn't deaden the broad side of a barn!"

T Park
11-21-2006, 02:15 PM
very sincere apology.

But Im a little put off by the "Why the rage exists in any of us" and the whole racist Katrina BS.

Leave the politics out of the apologizing Michael, and just apologize.

ChumpDumper
11-21-2006, 02:42 PM
Sure hecklers suck, but that meltdown and tirade was indeed uncalled for. There are things you simply do not do, and he did them. You apologists should be ashamed of yourselves.

Kori Ellis
11-21-2006, 02:49 PM
I can't believe people think that was a sincere apology. That was so staged. Jerry Seinfeld is just trying to do him a favor and helping him out of his mess.

Did anyone else notice that he said, "Afro Americans" :lol

MannyIsGod
11-21-2006, 03:03 PM
Those of you who are justifying his tirade really make me wonder. Its funny because Ice Cold Brewski got really riled up about something a media outlet was doing a few weeks ago, but here he sees no problem with Richards unleashing one of the biggest racial meltdowns we've seen since Fuzzy Zoeller and he has no problem with it.

I don't know some of you, but sometimes your true colors shine right through from what you say on here.

ChumpDumper
11-21-2006, 03:05 PM
Did anyone else notice that he said, "Afro Americans" :lolOne step forward, three steps back.

IX_Equilibrium
11-21-2006, 03:05 PM
He needs a Festivus miracle!

dougp
11-21-2006, 03:08 PM
Those of you who are justifying his tirade really make me wonder. Its funny because Ice Cold Brewski got really riled up about something a media outlet was doing a few weeks ago, but here he sees no problem with Richards unleashing one of the biggest racial meltdowns we've seen since Fuzzy Zoeller and he has no problem with it.

I don't know some of you, but sometimes your true colors shine right through from what you say on here.
Since you don't know the true context of what was said before he blew up, might I question this Manny.

You think it's ok that there was a chance they made racial slurs towards him? Or is it perfectly fine for someone to shout racial comments to a white person, because they are white and should take it like a man?

You really crack me up thought with your comments, and your true colors shine through pretty well. Keep that in mind that you're possibly condoning racism also. But you don't know, hence why I made the statement I did, kkthnxbai.

resistanze
11-21-2006, 03:09 PM

I get it. So the moral of the story is:

If you're black, and you happen to say or do anything that upsets a white man, he has the right to racially abuse you and an entire group of people, when the action that upsetted the white man had NOTHING to do with race (Comedy Club?). On the other hand, if you're a white heckler, you're guaranteed to be attacked based on your character or on your actions.

I can't wait for Steve Nash to start calling black spectators "######s" and invoke memories of American lynching when fans boo him on the free throw line.

I mean seriously, the rationale people use to justify actions such as these just go to show that what Kramer said wasn't a "mistake" at all. This is how people think.

ChumpDumper
11-21-2006, 03:14 PM
You think it's ok that there was a chance they made racial slurs towards him? Or is it perfectly fine for someone to shout racial comments to a white person, because they are white and should take it like a man?As a very white person, I say yes. Why is it necessary for me to lower myself to that level? I'm better than that. If they or you aren't, that's not my problem.

MannyIsGod
11-21-2006, 03:18 PM
Since you don't know the true context of what was said before he blew up, might I question this Manny.

You think it's ok that there was a chance they made racial slurs towards him? Or is it perfectly fine for someone to shout racial comments to a white person, because they are white and should take it like a man?

You really crack me up thought with your comments, and your true colors shine through pretty well. Keep that in mind that you're possibly condoning racism also. But you don't know, hence why I made the statement I did, kkthnxbai.When did I say anything about it being ok for anyone to shout racial slurs because they weren't white? Where did you read me condoning the man calling richards a "cracka-ass"? Where am I condoning any of the behavior exhibited in those videos?

Go ahead and let me know.

While I do think it is much worse to be a paid professional who goes off in a tirade like that, I don't think calling Richards by any racial slurs is acceptable either. If he had said anything racial, Richards should have asked to have the man removed instead of doing his best I'm a huge fucking bigot too! routine.

ChumpDumper
11-21-2006, 03:20 PM
Richards simply needs to learn how to project his racist rage into discussions about Spurs' centers.

MannyIsGod
11-21-2006, 03:20 PM
I get it. So the moral of the story is:

If you're black, and you happen to say or do anything that upsets a white man, he has the right to racially abuse you and an entire group of people, when the action that upsetted the white man had NOTHING to do with race (Comedy Club?). On the other hand, if you're a white heckler, you're guaranteed to be attacked based on your character or on your actions.

I can't wait for Steve Nash to start calling black spectators "######s" and invoke memories of American lynching when fans boo him on the free throw line.

I mean seriously, the rationale people use to justify actions such as these just go to show that what Kramer said wasn't a "mistake" at all. This is how people think.Fucking exactly. Also, its pretty obvious when someone is using shock as an act, and I didn't see it in that video. I saw Richards lose it, launch into a racist tirade, realize what he had done, and tried to backtrack by making it seem like a shock act. I think the "Oh Shit" switch flipped in his head.

dougp
11-21-2006, 03:22 PM
As a very white person, I say yes. Why is it necessary for me to lower myself to that level? I'm better than that. If they or you aren't, that's not my problem.
And this would be why racism still exists today. Because people "take it like a man" and thus those people feel the can continue to do it to any white person they come across.

If someone gives them a taste of their own medicine (see this situation if they did heckle him with racial slurs, please keep this in mind) they cry foul and it's because they're black.

I don't stand for anyone insulting me, and I'm probably as white as you ... there is absolutely no excuse for someone to insult my race, and vice versa unless they decide to try and play a race card towards me. If you keep race out of an arguement with me, I will not bring it up, as it should be.

If you feel that it is lowering yourself to toss back insults to someone insulting your heritage, then so be it ... it's not like you're killing someone or stealing something. You're giving them a taste of their own medicine.

Kids don't learn that something is hot by their parents telling them it is - they touch it and find out, and normally in a bad way. It's human reaction. You'll continue to do it until something negative comes back at you ...

dougp
11-21-2006, 03:25 PM
When did I say anything about it being ok for anyone to shout racial slurs because they weren't white? Where did you read me condoning the man calling richards a "cracka-ass"? Where am I condoning any of the behavior exhibited in those videos?

Go ahead and let me know.

While I do think it is much worse to be a paid professional who goes off in a tirade like that, I don't think calling Richards by any racial slurs is acceptable either. If he had said anything racial, Richards should have asked to have the man removed instead of doing his best I'm a huge fucking bigot too! routine.
You were saying that you couldn't believe that people were trying to condone his actions - I was explaining my viewpoint on the subject since I had heard that they were shouting racial slurs at him before we saw the video. That's the only way I was justifying his reaction.

While asking to have someone removed vs. his actions, I don't know ... I doubt I would have responded like he, but no one should have had to ask to have them removed - the club should have done it before it got as bad as it obviously did.

ChumpDumper
11-21-2006, 03:26 PM
If you feel that it is lowering yourself to toss back insults to someone insulting your heritage, then so be it ... it's not like you're killing someone or stealing something. You're giving them a taste of their own medicine.Nah, I'm killing myself inside if I lower myself that way.
Kids don't learn that something is hot by their parents telling them it is - they touch it and find out, and normally in a bad way. It's human reaction. You'll continue to do it until something negative comes back at you ...And yelling the N word in public over and over again sure taught that black guy not to use (alleged by you) racial slurs anymore? Ha.

IceColdBrewski
11-21-2006, 03:27 PM

:rolleyes

I'm not appologizing for Richards at all. I just mentioned that I thought it was funny how Mr. Heckler went from tough-guy to crybaby whiner within a few seconds. Nothing more, nothing less. Man. Some you people really know how to make something out of nothing. :lol

dougp
11-21-2006, 03:29 PM
:rolleyes

I'm not appologizing for Richards at all. I just mentioned that I thought it was funny how Mr. Heckler went from tough-guy to crybaby whiner within a few seconds. Nothing more, nothing less. Man. Some you people really know how to make something out of nothing. :lol
It's probably cause he's Hispanic :lol

(that was a joke Manny :spin )

MannyIsGod
11-21-2006, 03:29 PM
Racism exists because some people inherently don't like whats different. However, we don't live in an eye for an eye society. Yeah, I'm sure Richard's tirade has made black people all over the place just love white people.

dougp
11-21-2006, 03:33 PM
Nah, I'm killing myself inside if I lower myself that way.And yelling the N word in public over and over again sure taught that black guy not to use (alleged by you) racial slurs anymore? Ha.Like I was saying, there was a rumor going around that they were shouting racial slurs at him before we saw where the video picked up.

He turns around and starts yelling them back at him.

If it did happen this way, then yah ... maybe they'll realize it's not fun to be insulted in that manner. If they don't, then pray they don't run into a particularly racist member of society who wears white garments while burning crosses, because they really won't like persons reaction. I think having the n-word shouted at you over and over will pale in comparison to what that person chooses to do.

ChumpDumper
11-21-2006, 03:36 PM
Like I was saying, there was a rumor going around that they were shouting racial slurs at him before we saw where the video picked up.Link.
If it did happen this way, then yah ... maybe they'll realize it's not fun to be insulted in that manner. If they don't, then pray they don't run into a particularly racist member of society who wears white garments while burning crosses, because they really won't like that members reaction. I think having the n-word shouted at you over and over will pale in comparison to what that person chooses to do.You will approve of that reaction too.

Kori Ellis
11-21-2006, 03:40 PM
Like I was saying, there was a rumor going around that they were shouting racial slurs at him before we saw where the video picked up.

If it did happen this way, then yah ... maybe they'll realize it's not fun to be insulted in that manner. If they don't, then pray they don't run into a particularly racist member of society who wears white garments while burning crosses, because they really won't like persons reaction. I think having the n-word shouted at you over and over will pale in comparison to what that person chooses to do.

I don't get why you are more apt to believe a rumor that you heard (and it doesn't seem anyone else here did) than anything. It's kind of weird.

Not even Richards says it started that way.

ShoogarBear
11-21-2006, 03:43 PM
I have to admit I'm amazed at the lengths to which people will go to try to rationalize this.

No, that's a lie. I'm not amazed at all.

ChumpDumper
11-21-2006, 03:45 PM
Really, if the hecklers were yelling racial slurs, then everyone would have just understood if Richards asked them to leave or had them removed. Why is your answer to racism more racism?

timvp
11-21-2006, 03:50 PM
:lol

Some people in this thread are coming across rather stupid. Standup comics have been heckled as long as there have been standup comics. That's part of the job description. If you can't handle being heckled, you don't belong on stage.

There's nothing the hecklers could have said that should have warranted that reaction. The comic is the guy on stage. If he thought it was that bad, stop the show and get them removed.

And this isn't just because its a black and white thing. If Chris Rock was on stage and a couple of Jewish people starting heckling him and he pulled the Holocaust card, he'd be having to go on Letterman with fake tears in his eyes, too. If Mouse was on stage and a Native American starting heckling him and he pulled out the Jeffrey Amherst smallpox card, he'd probably get deported.

But yeah, go ahead and justify Kramer melting down :tu

dougp
11-21-2006, 03:55 PM
Link.You will approve of that reaction too.
Ever heard of Darwin? While unfortunate, and I do not condone violence ... there's something to be said about natural selection.

I don't get why you are more apt to believe a rumor that you heard (and it doesn't seem anyone else here did) than anything.
Well, there's not a lot of people who are posting in this thread in regards to this issue that might read one of the other websites I frequent.

At this point, all of us arguing anymore would be stupid ... you will not change my view on this particular possible situation, and I will obviously not change yours.

That's what makes us unique ... I believe in an eye for an eye, as lenient consequences do not permanently fix a problem. People need to understand their actions, and the true consequences for them. If someone feels that they can walk around calling people foul names, not even racial slurs and gets shot, beat up, etc. then they have what is coming to them. The law will take care of that person who shot them, etc.

Where you choose to put your stance on this issue doesn't matter to me. Until I see with my own eyes/hear with my own ears exactly what happens here, I float between my two positions.

People have singled out those of us who condone it in a particular situation. Hell, I think hecklers are rude to begin with and are subject to whatever a comedian throws back at them ... you started it, and if a comedian does want to do what "Kramer" did, that's their choice.

And don't get the fact that I condone his response in a particular situation as intelligent ... he should have handled it differently, but we shouldn't be lynching his reputation until we see a full story on what had happened, which many people here want to do it seems.

resistanze
11-21-2006, 03:57 PM
Ever heard of Darwin? While unfortunate, and I do not condone violence ... there's something to be said about natural selection.

Well, there's not a lot of people who are posting in this thread in regards to this issue that might read one of the other websites I frequent.

At this point, all of us arguing anymore would be stupid ... you will not change my view on this particular possible situation, and I will obviously not change yours.

That's what makes us unique ... I believe in an eye for an eye, as lenient consequences do not permanently fix a problem. People need to understand their actions, and the true consequences for them. If someone feels that they can walk around calling people foul names, not even racial slurs and gets shot, beat up, etc. then they have what is coming to them. The law will take care of that person who shot them, etc.

Where you choose to put your stance on this issue doesn't matter to me. Until I see with my own eyes/hear with my own ears exactly what happens here, I float between my two positions.

People have singled out those of us who condone it in a particular situation. Hell, I think hecklers are rude to begin with and are subject to whatever a comedian throws back at them ... you started it, and if a comedian does want to do what "Kramer" did, that's their choice.

And don't get the fact that I condone his response in a particular situation as intelligent ... he should have handled it differently, but we shouldn't be lynchinghis reputation until we see a full story on what had happened, which many people here want to do it seems.

Lynching? Funny you use those words. :lol

timvp
11-21-2006, 03:58 PM
but we shouldn't be lynching his reputation

What should we do with the fork?

dougp

Some people in this thread are coming across rather stupid. Standup comics have been heckled as long as there have been standup comics. That's part of the job description. If you can't handle being heckled, you don't belong on stage.

There's nothing the hecklers could have said that should have warranted that reaction. The comic is the guy on stage. If he thought it was that bad, stop the show and get them removed.

And this isn't just because its a black and white thing. If Chris Rock was on stage and a couple of Jewish people starting heckling him and he pulled the Holocaust card, he'd be having to go on Letterman with fake tears in his eyes, too. If Mouse was on stage and a Native American starting heckling him and he pulled out the Jeffrey Amherst smallpox card, he'd probably get deported.

But yeah, go ahead and justify Kramer melting down :tu
You're right, because we don't share the same opinion, I obviously am wrong.

I love your opinion timvp, but shove it up your :donkey if you're not going to be open to shit.

ShoogarBear
Maybe Kramer started it by calling them a name sometime the previous week when they were fighting over a parking space. Can't say until we know the whole truth.

timvp
11-21-2006, 03:59 PM

I love your opinion timvp, but shove it up your :donkey if you're not going to be open to shit.

:cry

Are you going to eye-for-an-eye me now?

dougp
11-21-2006, 04:00 PM
What should we do with the fork?
Stick it in him, he's obviously done.

(can't find a picture from the episode where he cooks himself with butter)

dougp
11-21-2006, 04:01 PM
:cry

Are you going to eye-for-an-eye me now?
Yes, when's the next GTG? I'll have to make a trip to SA :spin

And you know I'm f'in around, right? I'm trying to point out something that I've heard, and that I don't completely disagree with your stance - he really shouldn't have done what he did because he is a professional, but shit happens.

resistanze
11-21-2006, 04:04 PM

It's not a matter of accepting someone else's opinion, your rationalization just reeks of closet racism.

ChumpDumper
11-21-2006, 04:05 PM
Ever heard of Darwin? While unfortunate, and I do not condone violence ... there's something to be said about natural selection.So you do condone it. Fine. Don't play it both ways.
Well, there's not a lot of people who are posting in this thread in regards to this issue that might read one of the other websites I frequent.Especially if you don't link them.
At this point, all of us arguing anymore would be stupid ... you will not change my view on this particular possible situation, and I will obviously not change yours.No, but I do know a whole lot more about alot of posters here than I did before. That's enough for me.
People have singled out those of us who condone it in a particular situation. Hell, I think hecklers are rude to begin with and are subject to whatever a comedian throws back at them ... you started it, and if a comedian does want to do what "Kramer" did, that's their choice.If they want a career and want to live (according to you), they might want to think about it. It's nice that you just lowered the threshold for when to use that language.
And don't get the fact that I condone his response in a particular situation as intelligent ... he should have handled it differently, but we shouldn't be lynching his reputation until we see a full story on what had happened, which many people here want to do it seems.:lol you say he should have handled it differently but say he was justified to handle it in a way you declare was wrong before knowing the entire story yourself. Ok.

timvp
11-21-2006, 04:06 PM
Yes, when's the next GTG? I'll have to make a trip to SA :spin

And you know I'm f'in around, right? I'm trying to point out something that I've heard, and that I don't completely disagree with your stance - he really shouldn't have done what he did because he is a professional, but shit happens.

If he wasn't on stage and someone hurled racial insults at him and retaliated with racial insults, then I don't think it'd be an issue. It would've just been stooping to a low level.

But because he was on stage, he crossed the line no matter what the hecklers were saying.

MannyIsGod
11-21-2006, 04:08 PM
Dude went on fucking Letterman to apologize and you guys are saying he did nothing wrong. He obviously knows he did something wrong. Its not much a career to kill anyhow.

dougp
11-21-2006, 04:11 PM
It's not a matter of accepting someone else's opinion, your rationalization just reeks of closet racism.
Yes, I'm racist ... oh wait, eh f' it I'm not gonna try and rationalize with you. I've never hid the fact I have people in my family who are racist (the older ones, mind you from a few generations ago) but I'm not, and never will be. I even hate that fact and correct my friends when they jokingly use a term because the sad part is in society one white person can't jokingly refer to another white person as a n-er (they called me this because I go by enigma in games) with out getting dirty looks. Until that happens, we do have to deal with what we say and the context in which we use it. I don't look at peoples skins, and it should be pretty damn evident by the people I've date and my friends (none of which you can see.)

But as a few of my "minority" friends have said, I'm pretty "naive" when it come erradicating racism. I absolutely detest the crap when it comes to thinking that one race is better than another, etc. Say what you want to me, but call me a racist if you want if you think I have lingering feelings of hate towards someone who's not white or of a race I like ... I dislike particular people, and would NEVER use racial slurs towards someone unless I was provoked in a very bad manner and even then I probably wouldn't.

Or I can play the card of, takes a racist to know a racist. But I don't feel like being 12 today, I'm aiming for a little bit more mature.

timvp
11-21-2006, 04:11 PM

Nah, I wouldn't call his view racist. I would call it not well thought out.

I can see where he's coming from if it was two guys on the street arguing. But on stage like that, you have to act in a more professional manner.

MannyIsGod
11-21-2006, 04:12 PM
Yes, I'm racist ... oh wait, eh f' it I'm not gonna try and rationalize with you. I've never hid the fact I have people in my family who are racist (the older ones, mind you from a few generations ago) but I'm not, and never will be. I even hate that fact and correct my friends when they jokingly use a term because the sad part is in society one white person can't jokingly refer to another white person as a n-er (they called me this because I go by enigma in games) with out getting dirty looks. Until that happens, we do have to deal with what we say and the context in which we use it. I don't look at peoples skins, and it should be pretty damn evident by the people I've date and my friends (none of which you can see.)

But as a few of my "minority" friends have said, I'm pretty "naive" when it come erradicating racism. I absolutely detest the crap when it comes to thinking that one race is better than another, etc. Say what you want to me, but call me a racist if you want if you think I have lingering feelings of hate towards someone who's not white or of a race I like ... I dislike particular people, and would NEVER use racial slurs towards someone unless I was provoked in a very bad manner and even then I probably wouldn't.

Or I can play the card of, takes a racist to know a racist. But I don't feel like being 12 today, I'm aiming for a little bit more mature.For the record, I don't think you're racist.

dougp
11-21-2006, 04:14 PM
So you do condone it. Fine. Don't play it both ways.Especially if you don't link them.No, but I do know a whole lot more about alot of posters here than I did before. That's enough for me.[quote[People have singled out those of us who condone it in a particular situation. Hell, I think hecklers are rude to begin with and are subject to whatever a comedian throws back at them ... you started it, and if a comedian does want to do what "Kramer" did, that's their choice.If they want a career and want to live (according to you), they might want to think about it. It's nice that you just lowered the threshold for when to use that language.:lol you say he should have handled it differently but say he was justified to handle it in a way you declare was wrong before knowing the entire story yourself. Ok.[/QUOTE]
I was talking about a particular situation that was a possibility ... never said it's what happened. Why don't you read my original post and quit trying to pick a fuckin fight.

None of your posts have made any fuckin sense ... always think about what you say, PERIOD as it will save you a lot of face. Michael Richards should have thought about what he said, and so should the hecklers.

ChumpDumper
11-21-2006, 04:17 PM
I was talking about a particular situation that was a possibility ... never said it's what happened. Why don't you read my original post and quit trying to pick a fuckin fight.Were I black, would you be justified in using racial slurs since you are angry right now?
None of your posts have made any fuckin sense ... always think about what you say, PERIOD as it will save you a lot of face. Michael Richards should have thought about what he said, and so should the hecklers.It doesn't seem that it's my face that needs saving.

dougp
11-21-2006, 04:23 PM
Nah, I wouldn't call his view racist. I would call it not well thought out.

I can see where he's coming from if it was two guys on the street arguing. But on stage like that, you have to act in a more professional manner.
Everyone has a breakdown at some point - he's washed up, and hasn't really come off the success of Seinfeld very well. Man just needs some help, but I doubt he'll get much of a second chance since the apology sucked terribly.

dougp
11-21-2006, 04:26 PM
Were I black, would you be justified in using racial slurs since you are angry right now?
Have you called me a "cracker" or "gringo?" No ... therefor it is in no way justifiable for me to use racial terms with you. And not that I would anyway if you re-read my post above.

It doesn't seem that it's my face that needs saving.
That comment was in general actually, not about you ... it was about the whole situation. And I don't need to save face for myself.

brb, I need to go make my bid for a spot on Letterman tonight, need to apologize to Chump :elephant

ChumpDumper
11-21-2006, 04:28 PM
So if someone called you a cracker or a gringo, you would feel completely justified in using racial epithets on them if you chose to do so?

dougp
11-21-2006, 04:32 PM
So if someone called you a cracker or a gringo, you would feel completely justified in using racial epithets on them if you chose to do so?
Yup - if I was the type of person to use those comments on a person, I would be justified in my mind. Think of it in terms of self defense. What justifies someone to come up and start harassing me? If I didn't provoke it, nothing justifies it. But if they're provoking me, they need to be prepared for what I might do in return ... if they want to throw racial slurs at me, they need to be prepared for it in return. You give and you take.

Just like if someone comes up and hits me, it'll be on and I'll make sure they regret every last minute of their decision in their mind to hit me.

ChumpDumper
11-21-2006, 04:42 PM
I gotta tell you, it's really tough for me to get riled up over these terms. "Cracker" was a term coined by whites to describe other whites. "Gringo" is derived the Spanish word for Greek and basically means I can't speak Spanish well, which is true. It's just not as big a deal as the other terms, not as historically significant, and not as completely loaded as epithets said by a "majority" member.

Jimcs50
11-21-2006, 04:43 PM
It is ok for African American comedians to call white racial epithets and steriotype them, but when white comics do it, it is not ok. This is the way it goes nowadays on tv and in movies. I find that strange.

I am not justifying Richards, but I think hecklers should be thrown out of shows. People pay good money to see shows and if someone disrupts the show, it is wrong, and they deserve to get crap from the comic and/or get thrown out.

dougp
11-21-2006, 04:45 PM
I gotta tell you, it's really tough for me to get riled up over these terms. "Cracker" was a term coined by whites to describe other whites. "Gringo" is derived the Spanish word for Greek and basically means I can't speak Spanish well, which is true. It's just not as big a deal as the other terms, not as historically significant, and not as completely loaded as epithets said by a "majority" member.
You're right about their origins, and that in that sense they're not as big of a deal. Most people say them though with the intention of them being a negative racial term ... I've never once been referred to as a "cracker" in a positive light, not that there is one.

ShoogarBear
11-21-2006, 04:53 PM
It is ok for African American comedians to call white racial epithets and steriotype them, but when white comics do it, it is not ok. This is the way it goes nowadays on tv and in movies. I find that strange.

I am not justifying Richards, but I think hecklers should be thrown out of shows. People pay good money to see shows and if someone disrupts the show, it is wrong, and they deserve to get crap from the comic and/or get thrown out.1. How does your first paragraph have anything to do with what Richards did?

2. African American comedians who use racial epithets use them a zillion times more on other African Americans than anyone else.

3. White comedians have always been used racial epithets when they want to in the context of their actual comedy act.

4. There isn't a comic in America who hasn't been heckled. I guarantee you Richards has been heckled before. Apparenly just not by a black person.

5. The fucking state of Virginia just almost re-elected a Senator who uses racial epithets and tried to justify it. I find that strange, and much more disturbing and revealing than anything involving an alleged comedian.

MannyIsGod
11-21-2006, 05:16 PM
Richards should just have said he had never heard the word ###### before. He could have gone with the Allen defense.

Pistons < Spurs
11-21-2006, 05:21 PM
if they want to throw racial slurs at me, they need to be prepared for it in return. You give and you take.

I see. So two wrongs do make a right!

There is NO PLACE for ANY racial slurs. You can't find anything else to use against someone except their race? I've been called cracka, saltine, honky, whitebread many a time. My retort wasn't to go dropping N bombs on them.

IMO the only reason someone would use racial names as insults is because they are racist. I can't find any other excuse.

No one goes off like Kramer did if they're not a flat out racist. But if you listen to his apology to all the "Afro Americans" he plainly says he's "not a racist".....pfft

dougp
11-21-2006, 05:28 PM
I see. So two wrongs do make a right!

There is NO PLACE for ANY racial slurs. You can't find anything else to use against someone except their race? I've been called cracka, saltine, honky, whitebread many a time. My retort wasn't to go dropping N bombs on them.

IMO the only reason someone would use racial names as insults is because they are racist. I can't find any other excuse.

No one goes off like Kramer did if they're not a flat out racist. But if you listen to his apology to all the "Afro Americans" he plainly says he's "not a racist".....pfft
What do you suggest a person do, walk away, ignoring the person? Real life doesn't always work like that, hate to break it to you.

ChumpDumper
11-21-2006, 05:28 PM
You're right about their origins, and that in that sense they're not as big of a deal. Most people say them though with the intention of them being a negative racial term ... I've never once been referred to as a "cracker" in a positive light, not that there is one.Sure, it just pales in comparison to the terms used for minorities. I've accepted that there are things I will never truly know about racism because I simply haven't been on the short end of that equation. I've never been called the N word or S word or G word but I know that those words coming out of my mouth have a whole different set of connotations because I belong to that race that historically subjugated, exploited and discriminated against the races those words have been used to put down and keep down. It's nothing I did or am doing; it's just the way it is. Because of that, I simply can't justify using those words in any situation.

In my mind, your retaliating with those words after being called a cracker is akin to launching a nuclear missle after getting hit with a spitball.

nkdlunch
11-21-2006, 05:34 PM
no wonder there were no black ppl in Seinfeld.

ShoogarBear
11-21-2006, 05:36 PM
no wonder there were no black ppl in Seinfeld.They lived in the same part of New York as Friends and Woody Allen movies.

JoeChalupa
11-21-2006, 05:42 PM
Racism will never leave as long as the human race exists.
And yes, people's true colours come out during these kinds of actions.
Mel Gibson can try to explain it all he wants but the fact is, IMO, racial statements come from within and not from booze, drugs, anger or some damn hecklers.

dougp
11-21-2006, 05:42 PM
Sure, it just pales in comparison to the terms used for minorities. I've accepted that there are things I will never truly know about racism because I simply haven't been on the short end of that equation. I've never been called the N word or S word or G word but I know that those words coming out of my mouth have a whole different set of connotations because I belong to that race that historically subjugated, exploited and discriminated against the races those words have been used to put down and keep down. It's nothing I did or am doing; it's just the way it is. Because of that, I simply can't justify using those words in any situation.

In my mind, your retaliating with those words after being called a cracker is akin to launching a nuclear missle after getting hit with a spitball.
Irish, Polish and Germans were enslaved through out most of Texas - did you know that much? Just a thought for you if you want to bring up being exploited and discriminated against ...

ChumpDumper
11-21-2006, 05:47 PM
Enslaved? I'd like to see that link. Especially if they were enslaved by Mexicans and Africans institutionally.

dougp
11-21-2006, 05:48 PM
Enslaved? I'd like to see that link. Especially if they were enslaved by Mexicans and Africans.
Endentured servitude normally resulted in a life long struggle for your freedom - go read your history books, or maybe my grandparents were just lying to me about my family heritage.

JoeChalupa
11-21-2006, 05:49 PM
Experiencing racism is something I wouldn't wish on anyone.

ChumpDumper
11-21-2006, 05:54 PM
Endentured servitude normally resulted in a life long struggle for your freedom - go read your history books, or maybe my grandparents were just lying to me about my family heritage.Indentured servitude is not the same as slavery. That's what my history books told me. Your grandparents didn't give you the whole story.

dougp
11-21-2006, 05:58 PM
Indentured servitude is not the same as slavery. That's what my history books told me. Your grandparents didn't give you the whole story.
Per definition it's not - but what actually happened is different. But if everything's so literal, only minorities can go through racism then?

Funny thing in Texas, being white makes you a minority.

Kori Ellis
11-21-2006, 06:08 PM
Funny thing in Texas, being white makes you a minority.

I'm guessing you don't consider Hispanics white. But even so, do you mean in Texas or in San Antonio?

ChumpDumper
11-21-2006, 06:14 PM
Per definition it's not - but what actually happened is different. But if everything's so literal, only minorities can go through racism then?Depends on your definition. To me, prejudice is possible for or against any race. Racism is the exercise of prejudice in some kind of power or economic structure. Your mileage may vary.
Funny thing in Texas, being white makes you a minority.In numbers only. There is no way whites can call themselves an economic or political power minority.

Jimcs50
11-21-2006, 06:17 PM
1. How does your first paragraph have anything to do with what Richards did?

2. African American comedians who use racial epithets use them a zillion times more on other African Americans than anyone else.

3. White comedians have always been used racial epithets when they want to in the context of their actual comedy act.

4. There isn't a comic in America who hasn't been heckled. I guarantee you Richards has been heckled before. Apparenly just not by a black person.

5. The fucking state of Virginia just almost re-elected a Senator who uses racial epithets and tried to justify it. I find that strange, and much more disturbing and revealing than anything involving an alleged comedian.

I was not relating my first paragraph to what Richards did. I was making a statement based on observations that I have made the last few years.

Just watch movies and tv and see what I mean.

Personally I could care less if they call me a cracker or what not, because I am in the majority, and I do not have thin skin because of it, but it seems odd that it is ok for one race to use them and not another....that is all I am saying.

JoeChalupa
11-21-2006, 06:18 PM
As far a Mel Gibson goes. I've said some pretty crazy shit when I was drunk I think its a pretty good excuse. You guys have never said something while under the influence and been shocked after finding out later.

Sure I have and if I'm honest with myself it was what I really felt and it was ME talking..not the booze. Just like on Seinfeld when they want to open another person's "vault", give them a few drinks and the lips get loose.
Just my opinion. I don't buy the "it was the booze" excuse that is all.
Just like if I were to get drunk and cheat on my wife I'm positive she wouldn't accept the, "But honey, I was drunk", excuse as I wouldn't either.

dougp
11-21-2006, 06:18 PM
I'm guessing you don't consider Hispanics white. But even so, do you mean in Texas or in San Antonio?
If Hispanics were white - why do they check another box when selecting their race outside of Caucasian?

Kori Ellis
11-21-2006, 06:20 PM
Depends on your definition. To me, prejudice is possible for or against any race. Racism is the exercise of prejudice in some kind of power or economic structure. Your mileage may vary.In numbers only. There is no way whites can call themselves an economic or political power minority.

Whites aren't even a numbers minority in Texas, right? (I realize if he means San Antonio it's a different story)

Texas 2004

White persons - 83.3%
Black persons - 11.7%
American Indian/Alaska Native - 0.7%
Asian persons - 3.2%
Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander - 0.1%
Persons reporting two or more races - 1.0%

Breaking down the white people ...

Persons of Hispanic or Latino origin - 34.6%
White persons, not Hispanic - 49.8%

Kori Ellis
11-21-2006, 06:21 PM
If Hispanics were white - why do they check another box when selecting their race outside of Caucasian?

On the census and stuff, it's "Whites of Hispanic/Latino origin" and "Whites of Non-Hispanic origin" as far as I know.

ChumpDumper
11-21-2006, 06:22 PM
I will now call myself a member of the plurality in Texas.

dougp
11-21-2006, 06:25 PM
On the census and stuff, it's "Whites of Hispanic/Latino origin" and "Whites of Non-Hispanic origin" as far as I know.Well, oops, my bad ... and what was with all the shit this past year about whites becoming a minority in Texas? Gotta love MSM in that case.

Count me wrong on one thing.

edit - anyways I'm off to Krav Maga ... I won't be online the rest of the night, so I'll pick up where this left off tomorrow.

ChumpDumper
11-21-2006, 06:28 PM
I think the media made it an issue of whites and nonwhites alone. Makes a better teaser for the 10 o'clock news.

Pistons < Spurs
11-21-2006, 07:13 PM
Irish, Polish and Germans were enslaved through out most of Texas - did you know that much? Just a thought for you if you want to bring up being exploited and discriminated against ...

I get the sense from your posts that you have little understanding or sensitivity for the history of black America.
Making a comparison out of the Polish and German indentured servants to the rape, murder and over 400 years of racial suppression is ludicrous.

I've gone out of my way to ask questions of black people I know, in an attempt to understand the emotions and realities of living in a racist America. I've sought out books other than what our wonderful educational system supplies to get a more true telling of history.

I've tried to educate myself on the African American viewpoint on todays level of racial harmony. I don't get the feeling that you have.

Like I was saying, there was a rumor going around that they were shouting racial slurs at him before we saw where the video picked up.

To truly believe, that even in some situations, it would be OK for a white person to resort to the use N bombs as an insult to black people is amazing to me. I suppose you don't really understand the power of the word and what it means to most African Americans.

Even assuming that he was called every derogatory 'white' name in the book, it still gives him no right to go slinging around the N word all over the place.
Cracka, honky or any other name you can think of do not hold any of the historical ramifications or emotions as the N word does. On any level.

And I haven't even brought up the whole “50 years ago, they’d put a fork up your ass and hang you from a tree,” comment.

There can be no forgiveness for his little rant. He's simply a closet racist. Perhaps counseling would offer him some help. Whatever was left of his dwindling career is officialy over. And good riddance.

LaMarcus Bryant
11-21-2006, 07:14 PM
They lived in the same part of New York as Friends and Woody Allen movies.
RACK!!!

if only the mouse had read this thread

fucking friends and those other shows in superbly urban areas with zero percent black people
i hate that shit

2centsworth
11-21-2006, 07:25 PM
White Guilt is such a beautiful thing.

ChumpDumper
11-21-2006, 07:28 PM
It can be effectively cancelled out by white indifference anytime.

2centsworth
11-21-2006, 07:33 PM
It can be effectively cancelled out by white indifference anytime.
how would you know?

Spurminator
11-21-2006, 07:34 PM
I know I'm a few pages late, but I had no problem with the apology... I'm more likely to trust an unprepared, somewhat rambling apology than one that is read off a sheet of paper or clearly practiced. Of course, I'm not really being addressed in the apology so it doesn't really matter.

I don't buy that he's not a racist, because I don't think you come up with that kind of stuff out of the blue if you don't have some tendency to separate people by their skin color. But at the same time, I don't see any value in labelling people racists or non-racists. (Especially if their only visibility in the last 5 years has been a home video from a comedy club.)

ChumpDumper
11-21-2006, 07:37 PM
how would you know?How wouldn't I?

tlongII
11-21-2006, 07:39 PM
I won the human race.

2centsworth
11-21-2006, 07:40 PM
How wouldn't I?
peter piper picked a pepper.

ShoogarBear
11-21-2006, 07:41 PM
I won the human race.Wheelchair division.

ChumpDumper
11-21-2006, 07:48 PM
I have no answer.

RS189
11-21-2006, 08:06 PM
i wonder if ill think about this while watching seinfeld

Guru of Nothing
11-21-2006, 08:12 PM
Wow! New Yorkers, et al, have always managed to hide their bigotry better than Southern folks. A bad day for subscribers to image, lies and decorum.

nkdlunch
11-21-2006, 08:13 PM
I don't understand the argument. the real Kramer is a fucking racist ass mofo period end of story. will I think about it if I watch Seinfeld? hell yeah, am I still gonna watch and laugh, hell yeah. tons and tons of entertainers are racist. Just look at that dude from it's all in the family, or the Jeffersons, etc, etc.

2centsworth
11-21-2006, 08:15 PM
I'm communicating in your language, say nothing. It's boring and I knew better before responding.

ChumpDumper
11-21-2006, 08:40 PM
:lol I know simply because of what I've seen in this thread. You want a link to it?

How do you think I don't know?

01Snake
11-21-2006, 09:02 PM
http://128.121.115.83/something/kkkramer.jpg

nkdlunch
11-21-2006, 09:16 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao:lmao :lmao :lmao:lmao :lmao :lmao:lmao :lmao :lmao

paparazzi
11-21-2006, 09:25 PM
http://kitchen.apartmenttherapy.com/images/uploads/2006_02_07-BlackWhiteCookie.jpg

nkdlunch
11-21-2006, 09:26 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/nkdlunch/kkkramer2.jpg

Fillmoe
11-21-2006, 11:16 PM
how are you guys actually sticking up for this piece of shit? did you guys see a different clip than the one i saw?

Shaolin-Style
11-22-2006, 02:57 AM
I'd have said "Oh, that's just another comic trying to be wild and pulling the race card because he lacks creativity, just like that Mencia!" up until the 50 year ago comment. That was terrible and even inaccurate, but it was still a desperate attempt to save his act.

Too bad the hype-machine is gonna make the guy out to be a full-blown racist, which he's not.

dg7md
11-22-2006, 06:18 AM
One of the most hilarious things I've watched in weeks!

I don't really think he's racist, but he was very upset, and he found out the guy was black, so when you're mad you try to piss people off or make them impacted by what you say. I loved Seinfeld and I'm not just defending "Kramer", but based on what anybody else might've done, if given those circumstances.

If a white person was heckling someone who was black, or hispanic, things would likely get ugly referring to race, not that they are actually racist, but their intent is to make that person angry and maybe even a little scared, trying to up their momentum as being "on top" of the heckler.

Some people are making him out to be almost criminal level status. What he did was wrong but it's really shameful at how negative this is making him seem, he could have done a lot worse than what did happen. Words are words.

Good 'N Plenty
11-22-2006, 08:48 AM
Just saw Gloria Alred, not sure how you spell that lawyer's name, with the two guys who were the target of Richard's rant and she wants compensation for them? I agree that Richard's was a total asshole and probably does have some racist feeling since it was pretty clear he used the N word in a very hateful way but compensation is ridiculous.
But how anybody can think he's racist is just kidding themselves.

Shaolin-Style
11-22-2006, 01:33 PM
Let me guess, he's getting sued for "Mental anguish." You know what, they probably will get an undisclosed settlement, which is pathetic.

Getting to sue a bitch of a news anchor giving you shit when a son is missing and the interview causes her suicide is fine, getting to sue a comic for saying a couple of words when you're screwing up HIS show and being able to talk shit way better back is another.

DirkAB
11-22-2006, 01:34 PM
Yeah, I'm sure Richard's tirade has made black people all over the place just love white people.

I wasn't aware that white people were any kind of favorite in the black community before the tirade.

MannyIsGod
11-22-2006, 02:17 PM
I wasn't aware that white people were any kind of favorite in the black community before the tirade.Statement taken entirely out of context.

DirkAB
11-22-2006, 05:54 PM
Statement taken entirely out of context.

Well here is the entire post, but I don't see what it changes.

Racism exists because some people inherently don't like whats different. However, we don't live in an eye for an eye society. Yeah, I'm sure Richard's tirade has made black people all over the place just love white people.

Were you being facetious?

Smackie Chan
11-22-2006, 06:22 PM
Until any of you have been on stage after drinking and had someone tell you you suck in front of a huge crowd? Then you may never truly understand what kramer was really feeling when he melted down.

MannyIsGod
11-22-2006, 09:06 PM
Well here is the entire post, but I don't see what it changes.

Were you being facetious?
Yes.

Zombie
11-22-2006, 09:36 PM
I did not read all 6 pages and hope this was not mentioned.

Everyone here has made racial, sexist or other tirades about another person while driving. For instance, you are cut off by a over weight lady, you think or say out loud " you fat bitch". We as humans will say the most hateful things about others in the heat of the moment. I do this on a daily basis, i'm sure others do as well.

Fillmoe
11-22-2006, 09:40 PM
http://captainoftheussinevitable.ytmnd.com/

PakiDan
11-22-2006, 09:42 PM
The fork comment was offensive. He should have gone with a spoon.

PhotoShop
11-22-2006, 10:43 PM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/hail-Kramer2.jpg

PhotoShop
11-22-2006, 10:48 PM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/ss-Kramer-2.jpg

Trainwreck2100
11-22-2006, 10:51 PM
This shuold have started Kramer goes Krazy

Clandestino
11-23-2006, 09:23 AM
being too sensitive. the audience members should sue the hecklers for ruining their show. if they had just shut their fucking mouths there would never have been an issue. and like someone said, it was just words.

DirkAB
11-23-2006, 10:27 AM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/hail-Kramer2.jpg

Jewish Hitler?

SequSpur
11-23-2006, 10:55 AM
When is WET going to be added to the cable lineup? Huh?

ZStomp
11-27-2006, 01:12 AM
http://www.yourdailymedia.com/media/1164551442/KKKramer_Rap

Get this! :lol

Zombie.
11-27-2006, 01:17 AM
That link better not have an NBA player in it. :lmao

ZStomp
11-27-2006, 01:18 AM
:lmao no..

Kramer's Agent
11-27-2006, 01:50 AM
There goes my bread and butter :(

ZStomp
11-27-2006, 01:53 AM
http://www.cantstopthebleeding.com/img/jackie.jpg

I think Kramer is going to have to call Mr. Childs!

Who told you to put the balm on? I didn't tell you to put the balm on!"

jaffies
11-27-2006, 02:39 AM
Bite the curb!!

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/9818/kramerxoa9.jpg

ZStomp
11-27-2006, 02:42 AM
^^^^ :lmao

IceColdBrewski
11-27-2006, 12:53 PM
Regardless of the outcome, I reserve the right to laugh hysterically during Blazing Saddles.

sabar
11-30-2006, 03:38 AM
Shouting racial slurs doesn't make someone racist.
This looks more like a stupid impulsive thing. When you are hurt and desperate, you grab at anything you can, and the color of someone's skin and the history behind their race is a perfect way to strike a deep note when trying to hurt someone.

Like someone said, someone cuts you off and you call them fat, using their weight as offense. Does it mean you hate overweight people? No. It's just something you notice and the way you are brought up, it just ends up being an insult. If I hated fat people why would I talk to them and work with them?

Unfortunately impulsive behavior is very dangerous. You have to think before you act. People insult people on impulse, they murder on impulse, and so forth. And they always regret it because it wasn't really "them" that did it. Same thing here. But of course, the media will blow this up and Richards knows he has no way out because of how quickly people are to label someone with only the smallest shred of evidence.

Declaring Richards a racist based on 3 minutes of random behavior while knowing NOTHING of the situation is just as bigoted as someone being racist themselves.

I reserve my judgement. That's not my job to throw labels on people and make biased assumptions.

Mixability
12-08-2006, 03:16 PM
I guess NOBODY can use it anymore.

http://ww.tmz.com/2006/12/06/wayans-drops-n-bomb-faces-fallout/

Wayans Drops N-Bomb, Faces Fallout
Posted Dec 6th 2006 12:20PM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Wacky and Weird

Damon Wayans became the first famous offender of the Laugh Factory's ban on the use of the n-word, and was fined and banned from the club for three months as a result, Wayans' publicist tells TMZ.

After the Michael Richards incident on November 17, the club decided to ban use of the word and fine comedians $20 for every offense. Wayans took the stage Sunday during a showcase of African-American comedians called "Chocolate Sundaes." Wayans opened his routine with the line, "Give yourselves a big round of applause for coming down and supporting 'N***** Night.'" According to the L.A. Times, Wayans used the word 15 more times during his 20-minute appearance.

That's a $320 contribution to the Laugh Factory's swear jar. Wayans' rep had no further comment other than to confirm the fine and the temporary ban.

Andy Dick drew fire earlier this week for using the n-word during an appearance at the Improv.

kskonn
12-08-2006, 03:44 PM
As a fan of stand up I have seen a lot of hecklers most of them are not funny and usually ruin the show, but never have I seen anything like this, that is crazy. I don't think it makes him a racist though, just insensitive.

Has anyone ever seen Dane Cook handle a heckler? In my opion he is the best active comedian around when it comes to handling hecklers.I think it comes from his many years of doing improv comedy on crank yankers etc... I will try to find a video clip.

kskonn
12-08-2006, 03:50 PM
this is not dane cook but this shit if pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHnQ_C1uy1M