PDA

View Full Version : Anyone buy a Wii like me?

veronicamae
11-20-2006, 02:52 PM
I got up early on Sunday and stood in line to buy a Nintendo Wii, and got one!

Did anyone else buy one? If so, what games, and what is your story of acquiring it?

I bought Madden 07 last week online, and it arrives today. I'm very excited about it.

BUT, I'm really annoyed that there is no NBA game seemingly planned for the system for the next year. :(

Duff McCartney
11-20-2006, 03:09 PM
I might buy one later on after The Twilight Princess comes out. Zelda is the only game I'm waiting for on the Wii.

MannyIsGod
11-20-2006, 03:13 PM
I thought the Zelda game was available now?

The Wii looks cool to me. I'd like to play it to make sure I'd like it before I get one though.

Fillmoe
11-20-2006, 03:47 PM
i did

dirk4mvp
11-20-2006, 04:36 PM
I thought the Zelda game was available now?

The Wii looks cool to me. I'd like to play it to make sure I'd like it before I get one though.

It is out now. It's the Gamecube version that comes out on Dec 11.

btw, Zelda on the Wii got a 9.5/10 from IGN. It's supposedly better than Zelda:Ocarina of Time

baseline bum
11-20-2006, 09:54 PM
It is out now. It's the Gamecube version that comes out on Dec 11.

btw, Zelda on the Wii got a 9.5/10 from IGN. It's supposedly better than Zelda:Ocarina of Time

Ocarina of Time got a 10/10 from IGN.

http://ign64.ign.com/articles/150/150437p1.html

leemajors
11-20-2006, 10:00 PM
wind waker got a 9.6

dirk4mvp
11-20-2006, 10:06 PM
No Zelda game will be what Ocarina of time was.

leemajors
11-20-2006, 10:09 PM
i liked OOT, but i preferred wind waker.

TDMVPDPOY
11-20-2006, 10:42 PM
IGn.com has better ratings than gamespot.com, but dont always rely on ratings, go out there and test the game yourself cause some sites can be a bit bias towards other systems and games....trust me, fuck gamespot.

MI21
11-20-2006, 10:48 PM
Ocarina of Time owned everything ever.

dirk4mvp
11-20-2006, 10:51 PM
Ocarina of Time owned everything ever.

:tu I used to play that game all the time.

E20
11-20-2006, 11:49 PM
I saw a commerical for Call of Duty 3 on the Wii, and it looked nice how you can control the gun's movements.

The controller looks pretty good. If I was playing a basketball game or something, that would be pretty sweet.

veronicamae
11-21-2006, 12:23 PM
Last night I was playing Madden 07 on it. It's complicated, but it's pretty cool how you act out throwing and catching and stiff arming and hiking. You can even wave your arms around to psyche up or quiet down the fans.

I really realy hope they release an NBA game for it in the next season. I have NBA Live 06 for Gamecube, but of course I have to re-work all the rosters and all the rookies are missing and it's a pain to add them all. :(

Right now, tennis is my favorite game to play on it, because it gets me moving around more so than even madden, which can easily be played sitting down.

davi78239
11-21-2006, 12:26 PM
The one thing that pisses me off about nintendo is that they always have all the "sissy" games and playstation seems to be for the more "hip" crowd and has all the cool games like every sporting game, and all these other bad ass games with superb graphics. Obviously each system is meant to target a different crowd.

leemajors
11-21-2006, 12:29 PM
The one thing that pisses me off about nintendo is that they always have all the "sissy" games and playstation seems to be for the more "hip" crowd and has all the cool games like every sporting game, and all these other bad ass games with superb graphics. Obviously each system is meant to target a different crowd.

any more cliches?

davi78239
11-21-2006, 12:55 PM
any more cliches?

Na, I'm done for now I guess.

veronicamae
11-21-2006, 01:33 PM

You will find that the Wii is capable of playing the same games as the other systems now as well. Graphics aren't as good of course, because it's not as powerful, but I really don't care if I can see the sweat on an Shaq's arm trickle down or not. The innovative controllers are what I like, not realistic graphics.

Mr Dio
11-21-2006, 01:53 PM
I'm not a gamer at all but I do like to see clips of the games where you can control a movement & firing action of a weapon by pointing @ the screen as if you're aiming @ the screen to fire & pull a trigger or use a quick action button to fire.
Not really into the control pad/knob & button thing.

I do though, like the old school games like Galaxians/Galaga/Star Castle/Tempest/Pac Man/Tank Battle/Space Invaders/Asteroids.

What would you all say the best system(s) & games for my preferences?

Brutalis
11-21-2006, 02:27 PM
Can someone tell me if it's worth buying? I might pick one up for my gf.

Is it like the second version of Gamecube? Yuck.

Does it have specs similar to xbox or ps3?

dirk4mvp
11-21-2006, 05:08 PM
ocarina of time????? :lol :lol :lol

ninendo zelda 1, super nintendo zelda and gameboy zelda 1 own that piece of fruity crap

OOT>Those shits you named.

OOT of time was fucking incredible.