PDA

View Full Version : Why The Spurs Will Beat The T-Wolves

PeterBurns
11-03-2004, 11:08 AM
First of all," Parker said, "I love San Antonio. I love the city, I love the fans and I wanted to stay here. I know here we have a great team and every year we are going to play in the playoffs and every year we have a shot to win the championship. That's most important for me. It's not making $85 million and playing for the Hawks or the Clippers and be sad every day.

"I was ready to take less money and stay in San Antonio and play with a winning team, because every day I can come home and be happy because we are winning games and got playoff excitement."

Holt related that Duncan even offered to pay out of his own pocket the $2 million that separated the two sides, knowing, full well, the NBA would not allow it.

Then

Sprewell, who is in the last year of his contract, added fuel to the fire Sunday when he said the contract the Wolves have offered him is "insulting."

I pretty much told them I don't want what they're talking about," he said. "So if we can't work it out, work something out with somebody else

I don't know, whatever I can," he said. "If they don't want to pay me, why would I want to stay here and risk injury and sit there and be with nothing, no contract? If something happens to me, who is going to look out for Spree then? Nobody

Suck it T-Wolves

sickdsm
11-03-2004, 10:34 PM
Flash forward to playoff time.

Beno bails out the choking parker (deja vu?)

Spee shows the brass why he was worthy of the extension he signed.

Brodels
11-03-2004, 10:36 PM
It's opening night for those teams. It's way too early to tell who has the advantage.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-03-2004, 10:55 PM
Spee shows the brass why he was worthy of the extension he signed.

Yeah, for the eighth seed in the East.

sickdsm
11-03-2004, 10:59 PM
Take it any way you want but the truth be told (thanks TNT)

Spree raises it up a notch when it counts, whether that be 4th quarter or playoffs.

TOrigami Parker folds when they need him.

T Park
11-03-2004, 11:50 PM
Hmm 22 years old 37 years old.

That shouldnt mean anything right Sick??

I dont know, Parker looked pretty good in 2003 against the Lakers and Mavericks when they needed him.

But, lets not let facts get in the way.

BTW, Im wondering when your waiting for Troy Hudson to get hurt so your man Derrick Martin can play instead.

SequSpur
11-03-2004, 11:52 PM
Minnesota won me some money tonight. :)

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
11-04-2004, 12:30 AM
Wait... how many championships has spree won again??

How many coaches has parker choked??