PDA

View Full Version : Spurs notebook: Williams dresses

Bruno
11-21-2006, 11:12 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA112106.04D.BKNspurs.notebook.37cc195.html

Web Posted: 11/21/2006 12:46 AM CST
Johnny Ludden
Express-News Staff Writer

Williams dresses: Eric Williams was in uniform for the first time this season. To make room, the Spurs placed Jacque Vaughn on the inactive list.

Coach Gregg Popovich said he understands it's difficult for a veteran like Williams to work after practice each day when he doesn't get a chance to play. As a result, Popovich may continue to rotate players onto the active roster.

Bruno
11-21-2006, 11:16 AM
I've posted this because it raised a lot of questions :

- Will Pop rotate only Williams and Vaughn, or will we see some Butler and White ?
- Are Spurs showcasing Williams ? Don't forget that Spurs will still likely do a trade to go under the Tax.
- Do Spurs still think that Williams can help them for the playoffs ?
- Spurs will soon play against Mavs. Have Pop activated Williams to see if he can do a decent job on Dirk before deciding what to do with him ?
- Is Eric Williams in a good enough shape nad has he still enough left in the tank to help Spurs ?

TDMVPDPOY
11-21-2006, 11:22 AM
I've posted this because it raised a lot of questions :

- Will Pop rotate only Williams and Vaughn, or will we see some Butler and White ?
- Are Spurs showcasing Williams ? Don't forget that Spurs will still likely do a trade to go under the Tax.
- Do Spurs still think that Williams can help them for the playoffs ?
- Spurs will soon play against Mavs. Have Pop activated Williams to see if he can do a decent job on Dirk before deciding what to do with him ?
- Is Eric Williams in a good enough shape nad has he still enough left in the tank to help Spurs ?

you do know there are fuckn scrubs on the bench that i would like to rotate atm
and give some to the new fellas or guys comin of the bench being consistent contributing....

wildbill2u
11-21-2006, 12:46 PM
With the more liberal IR rules, the coaches can get these players some playing time.

That's a good thing.

Mr. Body
11-21-2006, 12:47 PM
I'm not sure Williams has anything to offer teams beyond an expiring contract, so I'm not really sure he's there to be 'showcased'.

SKINNYPIMP210
11-21-2006, 01:03 PM
I Don't Want "nobody" To Get Hurt, But These Guys Need To Realize That If Somebody Does Then They Can Get Their Shot To Play. Or If Beno Starts To Play Like Shit, I Think Pop Will Bench Him And Put Someone Else In. I Like Beno But I Think That He Still Gets Nervous A Little. Hopefully He Can Get Some Confidence And Play Like The Player He Is.

spursfaninla
11-21-2006, 01:06 PM
Is there some kind of coded message going in your post? Why capitalize the first letter of each word? Is this some kind of very long title?

rayray2k8
11-21-2006, 01:19 PM
I was wondering why Williams was playing in the end of the 4th and who got switched..
Strange I guess.
And it does raise the question if pop will play butler or maybe J.W.

ChumpDumper
11-21-2006, 02:53 PM
Some incentive (reward?) for getting into shape.

whottt
11-21-2006, 02:55 PM
I've heard Williams is a really good defender...

I honestly can't ever remember seeing him play before, and he's been playing for like 10 years...