PDA

View Full Version : Hey Parker

Walton Buys Off Me
11-21-2006, 11:13 AM
Take your 5 for 15, useless in the clutch, ball hogging, tunnel vision, all-star-in-your own-mind ass and;

Move aside
and let the man go through
Let the man go through

If I stole
Somebody else's wave
To fly up

If I rose
Up with the avenue
Behind me

Some kind of verb
Some kind of moving thing
Something unseen
Some hand is motioning
to rise, to rise, to rise

Too fat, fat you must cut lean
You got to take the elevator to the mezzanine
Chump, change, and it's on, super bon bon
Super bon bon, Super bon bon

And by
The phone
I live
In fear
Sheer Chance
Will draw
You in
To here

Manu did last night what Tony Parker could only dream of. Completely took over a game on both ends of the floor in the fourth quarter and sent 15,000 imbeciles, Zach Randolph and Nate McMillan home wondering why their asses were so sore. By the way, he's the same guy that won the 2005 Title with a fourth quarter performance that will forever be immortalized.

The Man. Period.

http://www.bballone.com/manug/spurs/images/spurs14_resize.jpg

TDMVPDPOY
11-21-2006, 11:20 AM
i really wanna leave a comment, everyone knows i hate this douchebag

but

you say it best when you say nothing at all.......

ducks
11-21-2006, 11:33 AM
tp is to good for the spurs fans

Obstructed_View
11-21-2006, 11:51 AM
You are a knee-jerk douchebag. It's not even like your posts are entertaining anymore.

pjjrfan
11-21-2006, 12:53 PM
Tony didn't have a good game, but even though he took some ill-advised shots and wasn't hitting, Tony played a great 4th qtr. He stayed out of Tim's and Manu's way, he moved the ball around, something he didnt' do in the ealier part of the game and more importantly Pop is still coaching him on how to play his positon something Pop didnt' do a lot of last year, keeping pretty quiet whenever Tony and Van Exel messed up. That is not happening this year. These last two games Pop had a very short fuse when it came to Tony forcing shots and not looking for the open man.

T Park
11-21-2006, 02:05 PM
all-star-in-your own-mind ass

So that All Star game he was in last year was a dream?

More genius posting from the village idiot.

jman3000
11-21-2006, 02:13 PM
i'd prefer that the 2nd scoring option was manu and #1 be tim duncan... but when tony is hitting his jump shot... it's pretty hard to argue against him. he does have these games where he doesnt shoot particularly well, but as of lately manu appears to be having more off games then on.

Kori Ellis
11-21-2006, 02:15 PM
Manu finally has a good game in game 11 of the season and now Parker is a scrub. :)

I think Tony sucked last night. But I don't get the point of discounting everything he does for this team just because Manu stepped up and had a great game.

polandprzem
11-21-2006, 02:22 PM
I've got a question - do you think that Tony is rushing some thing on the floor?
Trying to do too much? Driving, and forceing teardrops?

Kori Ellis
11-21-2006, 02:27 PM
I think he just has had a bad 3-4 games. Everyone goes through stretches.

spurschick
11-21-2006, 02:30 PM
Manu finally has a good game in game 11 of the season and now Parker is a scrub. :)

I think Tony sucked last night. But I don't get the point of discounting everything he does for this team just because Manu stepped up and had a great game.

I can't recall a game where all three of them had monster nights. It seems that it's usually two out of the three that score big and the other makes other contributions or just has an off night.

polandprzem
11-21-2006, 02:32 PM
I think he just has had a bad 3-4 games. Everyone goes through stretches.

I mean all season.
I'm not talkin about some games.
I saw only 3 spurs games this year but I saw enough.
Parker is not making the right decisions yet this year. he can't find a balance between shooting, playmaking and driving to the basket.

I just wonder if he can clam down and do his stuff, and find what is the best for a team.

Ps. damn I ate too many nuts :dizzy

Jimcs50
11-21-2006, 02:35 PM
Ps. damn I ate too many nuts :dizzy

:p:

z0sa
11-21-2006, 02:36 PM
although walton sometimes says some questionable things, I really agree with this one. Manu is the man and Parker is just a smaller, much worse shooting version of him. If Manu plays like this in the playoffs we are going for another championship. I think manu was the reason we lost to Dallas, he never had the energy or fire that he had in 2005.

T Park
11-21-2006, 02:38 PM
although walton sometimes says some questionable things, I really agree with this one. Manu is the man and Parker is just a smaller, much worse shooting version of him. If Manu plays like this in the playoffs we are going for another championship. I think manu was the reason we lost to Dallas, he never had the energy or fire that he had in 2005

How about acknowledging Parker was the only reason they had ashot in that series.

WIth 2 bum legs and messed up muscles...

smeagol
11-21-2006, 02:43 PM
Take your 5 for 15, useless in the clutch, ball hogging, tunnel vision, all-star-in-your own-mind ass and;

Move aside
and let the man go through
Let the man go through

If I stole
Somebody else's wave
To fly up

If I rose
Up with the avenue
Behind me

Some kind of verb
Some kind of moving thing
Something unseen
Some hand is motioning
to rise, to rise, to rise

Too fat, fat you must cut lean
You got to take the elevator to the mezzanine
Chump, change, and it's on, super bon bon
Super bon bon, Super bon bon

And by
The phone
I live
In fear
Sheer Chance
Will draw
You in
To here

Manu did last night what Tony Parker could only dream of. Completely took over a game on both ends of the floor in the fourth quarter and sent 15,000 imbeciles, Zach Randolph and Nate McMillan home wondering why their asses were so sore. By the way, he's the same guy that won the 2005 Title with a fourth quarter performance that will forever be immortalized.

The Man. Period.
[/IMG]

Damm, I keep searching that three year old thread (Kori, does the search engine go that far back in time?) where you badmouthed Ginobili after he made one of his trademark mistakes.

I remember the words "dirt floor" and "stupid Argentine" being thrown around a number of times.

jn77
11-21-2006, 02:47 PM
Spurschick is right. This is how our big three play. When one is going through a rough patch the other two step up. Parker is not playing well right now. It is early in the season, he will work through it. Manu was a beast last night. Timmy was unstopable the other night, Tony has had a couple of great games, just because he is in a slump is no reason to put him out to pasture! He will be an All Star this year!

ChumpDumper
11-21-2006, 02:52 PM
Bookmark this for the next time Manu fucks up and Walton tries to shit all over him.

Dartherus
11-21-2006, 03:11 PM
Spurschick is right. This is how our big three play. When one is going through a rough patch the other two step up. Parker is not playing well right now. It is early in the season, he will work through it. Manu was a beast last night. Timmy was unstopable the other night, Tony has had a couple of great games, just because he is in a slump is no reason to put him out to pasture! He will be an All Star this year!
I agree, regular season is Tony's time....his one-dimensional play is better suited for regular season (soft D), so let him contribute when it's his time and go to ASG.

For playoff, 2 of the best Basketball IQ of the lague, Tim and Manu (and Horry, if we count fewer minutes) are better suited for the thrill and intense D from the rivals, cause against strong D, a lot of basketball IQ is needed.

In short, let TP contribute during regular season to have a nice record and home court advantage, and be prepared for manu appearing mostly in closed games or against direct ring contenders, and then full-throttle during playoffs.

Mavs<Spurs
11-21-2006, 03:25 PM
I agree, regular season is Tony's time....his one-dimensional play is better suited for regular season (soft D), so let him contribute when it's his time and go to ASG.

For playoff, 2 of the best Basketball IQ of the lague, Tim and Manu (and Horry, if we count fewer minutes) are better suited for the thrill and intense D from the rivals, cause against strong D, a lot of basketball IQ is needed.

In short, let TP contribute during regular season to have a nice record and home court advantage, and be prepared for manu appearing mostly in closed games or against direct ring contenders, and then full-throttle during playoffs.

I agree with this and Spurschick.

milkyway21
11-22-2006, 12:14 AM

The Man. Period.

why can't you just give TP a break? I respect your opinion but this player busted his ass off :ihit when Tim Duncan, the leader of this team was on Plantar Fasciitis last yr and your MAN had to sit through some bruises and injuries too. I'm kind of tired of it. Come on.

BTW, I'm glad Manu gave us his "game" this season. Finally :tu

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
11-22-2006, 12:38 AM
These mentalities are so weird. But uh yeah, didn't Manu say Parker's the reason why we're 9-2?

Amuseddaysleeper
11-22-2006, 12:39 AM
weak thread

though i do enjoy walton's posts

and yes, tony is def. more of a regular season performer than a playoff performer, all depending on his jump shot

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
11-22-2006, 12:43 AM
although walton sometimes says some questionable things, I really agree with this one. Manu is the man and Parker is just a smaller, much worse shooting version of him. If Manu plays like this in the playoffs we are going for another championship. I think manu was the reason we lost to Dallas, he never had the energy or fire that he had in 2005.
I think he was heating up too late. I saw a highlight video from those games he single-handedly won us those close games but was trying too hard ultimately.
I think Manu needs to not save himself and just play. I mean if he could find a balance with his jumpshot development gradually, he'd do some serious damage into the post season, giving him an added dimension. He always goes for the higher percentage drives, but if his create more shots with his jumpers...Then we've got a good thing. I think he DOES NEED TO BE 2nd /1st Alternate option to Tim enough times though. I mean Parker can shoulder the load depending on the opposing team as first option-- but Manu needs to handle the ball enough and take 15 shots to keep his rhythm, no role-player bullshit. Just watch the old Pistons series and see how he maneuvered around their defenses so easily.

E20
11-22-2006, 12:46 AM
As of late Tony Parker has been playing better basketball than Manu Ginobili, except for yesterday.

pppp
11-22-2006, 05:06 AM
:jack Who cares ???

Spurs win....:smokin

diego
11-22-2006, 08:58 AM
Ill be the first to say parker has improved leaps and bounds in the past 3 years. I dont know if that is measured statistically but its plain to see, I scream at the television a lot less now.

on the other hand, I agree that manu has proven he can take over in a way that tony hasnt. i think its a little unfair to both of them to let parker handle everything in the regular season then throw manu behind the wheel in the playoffs. I think they both need to play and get their turn running the offense each game, so they know what they can or cant do. it would be much better for the spurs for them both to avg 18 than for one to do 24 and the other 12.

but yeah why bother having a rational basketball discussion when this clearly is about baiting and flaming between the churches.

1Parker1
11-22-2006, 09:53 AM
Maybe it's just me...but I never understood the arguement that Parker is "just a regular season player" and Manu is the "Playoff performer." Yes, Manu had a great run in the 2005 championship, but how easily does everyone forget Parker's play because of a few bad games in the playoffs? As if Manu didn't have his fair share of bad games as well.

I look at Parker's playoff performance in the Lakers series in 2003 (Game 6), his performance against the Suns are Marbury also in 2003, his 26.7 ppg or whatever it was against the Grizzlies which helped us compeltely sweep them in the first round, his clutch play in OT against the hot Nuggets on the road in the first round in 2005 which helped us win in 5, his performance in Game 6 last year against the Kings that helped us close out that series. Moreover, wasn't Parker leading the team in PPG and/or FG% on the road in the playoffs?

Why is it that people have such selective memory when it comes to Parker's play, but seem to easily forgive and forget Manu's bad games in the playoffs? There's really no comparison to make, they play diff positions and play for the same team!

angel_luv
11-22-2006, 10:17 AM
A friend and I were recently discussing Tony's style of game.

On the one hand, I think it is great that Tony can score big numbers as well as handle the ball as a point guard.

However, Tony tends to make me nervous because I get the feeling he is going to take so many shots regardless of how he is shooting that night or who else might be open.

Granted, that fear is a little hypocritical of me since Timmy always shoots a lot and I never fault him for it.
I guess I sometimes have trouble adjusting to the fact that Tony in not a typical point guard- at least not as I picture one.

ducks
11-22-2006, 10:18 AM
Tony Parker is the only player in league averaging 20-plus points, 5-plus assists, and shooting better than 50 percent. ... T

diego
11-22-2006, 12:14 PM
Maybe it's just me...but I never understood the arguement that Parker is "just a regular season player" and Manu is the "Playoff performer." Yes, Manu had a great run in the 2005 championship, but how easily does everyone forget Parker's play because of a few bad games in the playoffs? As if Manu didn't have his fair share of bad games as well.

I look at Parker's playoff performance in the Lakers series in 2003 (Game 6), his performance against the Suns are Marbury also in 2003, his 26.7 ppg or whatever it was against the Grizzlies which helped us compeltely sweep them in the first round, his clutch play in OT against the hot Nuggets on the road in the first round in 2005 which helped us win in 5, his performance in Game 6 last year against the Kings that helped us close out that series. Moreover, wasn't Parker leading the team in PPG and/or FG% on the road in the playoffs?

Why is it that people have such selective memory when it comes to Parker's play, but seem to easily forgive and forget Manu's bad games in the playoffs? There's really no comparison to make, they play diff positions and play for the same team!

its probably because when parker has played best in the playoffs we havent won a championship. I said it myself, its unfair to parker to expect him to be the 2nd option in the reg. season and then just hand it over to manu in the playoffs. just like its unfair to expect manu to take over that role from one day to the other. they both need their touches and continuity in their roles to help the spurs win.

BeerIsGood!
11-22-2006, 12:32 PM
I can't recall a game where all three of them had monster nights. It seems that it's usually two out of the three that score big and the other makes other contributions or just has an off night.

That's because the game of basketball has the same problem as an All Woman's college - not enough balls to go around :hat

Bob Lanier
11-22-2006, 12:45 PM
Tony Parker is a better basketball player than Magic Johnson.

1Parker1
11-22-2006, 01:20 PM
its probably because when parker has played best in the playoffs we havent won a championship. I said it myself, its unfair to parker to expect him to be the 2nd option in the reg. season and then just hand it over to manu in the playoffs. just like its unfair to expect manu to take over that role from one day to the other. they both need their touches and continuity in their roles to help the spurs win.

:tu

SequSpur
11-22-2006, 02:45 PM
tony parker is the best player in the nba.

z0sa
11-22-2006, 05:24 PM
How about acknowledging Parker was the only reason they had ashot in that series.

WIth 2 bum legs and messed up muscles...

The only reason we even stayed close in that series is one name: Tim Duncan. If hed have hit his shots in the OT of Game 7, we'd have won that series. But when you're the only person doing shit consistently for an entire series on a "bum foot," it makes for tired legs indeed. He just ran out of energy in the tank in that last overtime, proven by the IV's he had to be administered in the locker room afterwards.

drclic
11-23-2006, 04:36 AM
Halalalalala ... okay i don't answer to the first post which is ridiculous but to the other who still underestimated our PG ?

Why ?
Chris Paul ? He has the ball and he allow to make what he wants to ... he really sucked in world championship when he don't have to make all the plays.

Jason kidd ? come on, he can't make a jump shot and has a 20% FG playoff in career ...
Nash : no defense, no championship ... but he's a great guy ...

Tp is fast, accurate (even with his jump shot now), very coachable, and better everyyear.

With Manu fading more and more each year(yeah, I think he struggled with his game since the 2005 championship), TP will have some responsabilities in Playoff and he will see if he can also be a killer when it counts ...
I also want to say that he's a good playoff player (each year his playoffs stats> regular one) but not a killer as Kobe is for example or Manu was ...
His defense is good but it can't be his best asset considering his height/weight.
Manu can make big plays on both end of court.

I hope TP or Manu will hit some winning shot in playoff (or don't foul Dirk as a Junior high-school player who wants to make highlights ... damn you on this one Manu ).

Let Pop decide which one of this guy will have the ball to win a championship.

Drclic.

xamila rey
11-23-2006, 04:47 AM
I love Manu and I am really happy to see him playing like de Manu we all know.
but it would be totally unfair to say that Parker is not playing good, because he just had a bad game (which it wasnt that bad at all, he just didnt score +20 like we all are getting used to see)

14dave
11-23-2006, 07:10 AM

+1 :worthy:

polandprzem
11-23-2006, 07:28 AM
+1 :worthy:

14dave could you do a Tim Duncan Wall for me?

14dave
11-23-2006, 12:08 PM
14dave could you do a Tim Duncan Wall for me?

Did you see all my Tim DUNCAN walls??
Maybe one of them will be good for you.
I will make one with Tim verry soon, but if you have a good picture, it's OK! :spin

Spurologist
11-23-2006, 12:17 PM
There's ONLY ONE player in the league averaging 20+ pts, 5+ assists and shooting 50+% from the field.

hmmmmmmmmm

polandprzem
11-23-2006, 12:24 PM
Did you see all my Tim DUNCAN walls??
Maybe one of them will be good for you.
I will make one with Tim verry soon, but if you have a good picture, it's OK! :spin

Sure I saw many of your walls, and they are superb that's why I asked.

When I will find some good picks I will PM them to you

lefty
11-23-2006, 01:07 PM
Tony didn't have a good game, but even though he took some ill-advised shots and wasn't hitting, Tony played a great 4th qtr. He stayed out of Tim's and Manu's way, he moved the ball around, something he didnt' do in the ealier part of the game and more importantly Pop is still coaching him on how to play his positon something Pop didnt' do a lot of last year, keeping pretty quiet whenever Tony and Van Exel messed up. That is not happening this year. These last two games Pop had a very short fuse when it came to Tony forcing shots and not looking for the open man.

Very true