PDA

View Full Version : Kerry admits "Country is too divided"

2pac
11-03-2004, 11:36 AM
Thanks Kerry - you just spent a year and a half doing your best to divide America, now you can just hand over the responsibility for cleaning up your freakin mess. Congrats.

dcole50
11-03-2004, 11:58 AM
yeah, how dare the democratic party field a candidate in an election year.

;)

49% of the country did not want bush to win. this can't be blamed on kerry. bush is a polarizing figure. people love him or hate him. there's not a huge grey area.

Marcus Bryant
11-03-2004, 12:01 PM
I wouldn't blame Kerry but the level of vitriol from some parts of the Democrat base over the last couple of years was a bit much. But that's a discussion in another thread, I suppose.

dcole50
11-03-2004, 12:03 PM
the michale moore's of america carry a majority of the blame. i agree with you there.

spurster
11-03-2004, 12:04 PM
:lol The Dems are just trying to match Rush and his clones. There is plenty of divisiveness from both parties.

Spurminator
11-03-2004, 12:08 PM
The difference, I think, is that Rush and Co. are pretty widely accepted as the lunatic fringe of the Republican Party. A good portion of their audience understands that their value lies mostly in entertainment. It's true that they are very popular, but you didn't really see them "leading the charge" for Bush like you saw with Kerry.

With the Far Left Democrats, it's much more mainstream. They have movies, they have celebrities, they have popular music... they have thousands of people blocking busy intersections to show their catchy phrases on cardboard. More moderates are exposed to those voices than Rush Limbaugh or Ann Coulter. And we find them very, very annoying.

FromWayDowntown
11-03-2004, 12:09 PM
Yeah, I don't think this is exactly a one-sided affair in dividing the country. Bush was elected in 2000 on a "Uniter" set of promises, but his administration has done very little to reach out to those who disagree on many issues. The Democrats have certainly done their share of attacking, but many conservatives and the mouthpieces on right-wing radio cast anyone who's not with Bush as an out-of-the-mainstream, unpatriotic wacko. Somehow, I don't find that to be a terribly unifying effort.

Duff McCartney
11-03-2004, 12:12 PM
Ann Coulter...man for someone who is pretty hot...she's a fucking whacko.

T Park
11-03-2004, 01:37 PM
same goes for Kirsten Dunst and cameron diaz.

BTW Cameron,

are you locking your doors now that Bush won, supposedly "rape" will be legalized??

Clueless whacko twit.

Marcus Bryant
11-03-2004, 01:40 PM
Bush was elected in 2000 on a "Uniter" set of promises, but his administration has done very little to reach out to those who disagree on many issues.

From what I've observed, if Bush didn't adopt the other side's position then he was being "divisive." Given hiss approach to social spending thusfar in his first term I'd say he's been reaching out to the other side a bit too much.

2pac
11-03-2004, 01:58 PM
Bush has been reaching through SS, education, etc.

Yonivore
11-03-2004, 01:59 PM
Ann Coulter...man for someone who is pretty hot...she's a fucking whacko.
Yeah, but she's a major babe...

2pac
11-03-2004, 02:01 PM

I'd let her have my babies.

NeoConIV
11-03-2004, 02:16 PM
The military is NOT divided, and I am MOST relieved for them. I can only imagine what it must feel like to be in Iraq and KNOW that everything you've been toiling for for over a year will most likely begin to unravel under Kerry defeatist/retreatist policies. That would make me sick to my stomach. Now our boys know we're going finish the job.

Hook Dem
11-03-2004, 02:20 PM
The military is NOT divided, and I am MOST relieved for them. I can only imagine what it must feel like to be in Iraq and KNOW that everything you've been toiling for for over a year will most likely begin to unravel under Kerry defeatist/retreatist policies. That would make me sick to my stomach. Now our boys know we're going finish the job.
And they said so in live interviews this morning.

gophergeorge
11-03-2004, 02:29 PM

YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!

I can retire now in three years!!!

Hook Dem
11-03-2004, 02:31 PM
YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!

I can retire now in three years!!!
You deserve it GG. Hang in there man and let me know if you need anything. :elephant

2pac
11-03-2004, 02:39 PM
yeah, how dare the democratic party field a candidate in an election year.

;)

49% of the country did not want bush to win. this can't be blamed on kerry. bush is a polarizing figure. people love him or hate him. there's not a huge grey area.

You can run for President and not divide the country. I dont think that Clinton/Dole divided the country any more than it already way. It probably brought us together more.

Same with Reagan/Carter, Reagan/Mondale.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-03-2004, 02:43 PM
GG,

Enjoy it, you deserve it.

I'm hoping I can get into intel (Navy or AF) and do my part.

Yonivore
11-03-2004, 02:51 PM
"Country is too divided."
Yeah, by a sea of red!
http://images.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/elections2004/_images/2004countymap.gif

2004 (SO FAR)
http://images.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/elections2004/_images/2000countymap.gif

JoeChalupa
11-03-2004, 03:20 PM

Damnit, did you have to make me hurl today? :oops

JoeChalupa
11-03-2004, 03:21 PM
I still say 55 million votes ain't bad..not enough to win..but not bad at all.

Yonivore
11-03-2004, 03:24 PM
I still say 55 million votes ain't bad..not enough to win..but not bad at all.
Yeah, especially when on ly 50 million actually stepped up and pulled the lever for you. (Just kidding! :elephant)

FromWayDowntown
11-03-2004, 05:13 PM
From what I've observed, if Bush didn't adopt the other side's position then he was being "divisive."

I disagree, but you must admit that similar allegations go both ways -- Democratic failure to drink the Bush Kool-Aid is "divisive" and the surest ticket to being labeled an unpatriotic left-wing wacko.

Just an observation. . . .

xrayzebra
11-03-2004, 05:14 PM
Thanks Kerry - you just spent a year and a half doing your best to divide America, now you can just hand over the responsibility for cleaning up your freakin mess. Congrats.

Ah-erh, he spent the last 20 plus years trying to divide America, even when
we had our servicemen in their prisons. And called the rest of them baby
killers. Damn good riddance! May he and the ketchup queen live in peace.
:elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

Yonivore
11-03-2004, 08:51 PM
I disagree, but you must admit that similar allegations go both ways -- Democratic failure to drink the Bush Kool-Aid is "divisive" and the surest ticket to being labeled an unpatriotic left-wing wacko.

Just an observation. . . .
No, Dashle-led obstruction of judicial nominees is divisive...

Bush lied, people died is divisive...

scott
11-03-2004, 09:17 PM
America is divided because Bush is a terrible President. The Democrats had the opportunity to unite the country by nominating a half-decent candidata, but instead they chose to fight ignorance with ignorance.

We are all united in the fact we are victims of mediocre at best candidates.

Yonivore
11-03-2004, 09:44 PM
America is divided because Bush is a terrible President. The Democrats had the opportunity to unite the country by nominating a half-decent candidata, but instead they chose to fight ignorance with ignorance.

We are all united in the fact we are victims of mediocre at best candidates.
You're full of shit, scott.

LandShark
11-03-2004, 09:45 PM
You're full of shit, scott.
Indeed.

scott
11-03-2004, 10:13 PM
Well if Land Shark agrees with you, Yoni- you must be right.

Yonivore
11-03-2004, 10:33 PM
Well if Land Shark agrees with you, Yoni- you must be right.
Hey, even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then.