PDA

View Full Version : First Daughter Barbara Robbed in Argentina

MaNuMaNiAc
11-21-2006, 06:46 PM
http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2006/11/first_daughter_.html

First Daughter Barbara Bush had her purse and cell phone stolen as she had dinner in a restaurant in Buenos Aires, Argentina, even though she was being guarded by a detail of Secret Service agents, according to law enforcement reports made available to ABC News. It was not the only mishap on the two-week trip to Argentina by Barbara (right) and her twin sister Jenna (left).

A Secret Service agent on the advance detail got into an "altercation" with someone after a night out and was badly beaten, according to the law enforcement reports. The Secret Service said today the incident was an attempted mugging that occurred while the agent was on his own time. The agent is doing fine.

The purse snatching took place on Barbara's first night in town while she was dining in the picturesque San Telmo neighborhood. According to the reports, the Secret Service agents failed to notice the incident.

The Secret Service would not comment on the purse snatching, and the First Lady’s office said they would not comment on any personal trip made by the daughters. There have been recent reports, however, that Jenna Bush has been living and working in Panama as an intern for UNICEF.

Two weeks over here and she and one of her bodyguards get mugged?? :lmao She must be doing something wrong http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

ALVAREZ6
11-21-2006, 06:47 PM
:lmao

Bob Lanier
11-21-2006, 06:51 PM
A Secret Service agent on the advance detail got into an "altercation" with someone after a night out and was badly beaten
= got plastered and got into a barfight?

:lol

nkdlunch
11-21-2006, 06:56 PM
I am guessing the ss agent got his ass kicked by bouncers at a club, those are the most dangerous mofos in that city

JoeChalupa
11-21-2006, 07:12 PM
damn

SpursWoman
11-21-2006, 08:57 PM
So it's funny that Barbara got mugged because y'all don't like her father? That's weak.

nkdlunch
11-21-2006, 09:28 PM
I think most are laughing at the irony that even the daugher of the US president(the most powerful man in the world) gets mugged in Buenos Aires.

ShoogarBear
11-21-2006, 09:42 PM
Great.

Now we'll get Condoleeza pointing to pictures of possible WMDs in Argentina.

Trainwreck2100
11-21-2006, 09:44 PM
Demonspawn getting mugged is funny

Bandit2981
11-21-2006, 09:46 PM
So it's funny that Barbara got mugged because y'all don't like her father? That's weak.
Barbara didn't get mugged, her purse was taken while she was dining.

ShoogarBear
11-21-2006, 09:50 PM
Barbara didn't get mugged, her purse was taken while she was dining.Almost the exact same thing happened to me the other night!

I went to Legal Sea Foods for dinner, and when I left, my wallet didn't have any cash in it!

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-21-2006, 09:51 PM
Almost the exact same thing happened to me the other night!

Your purse got stolen?

MaNuMaNiAc
11-21-2006, 10:04 PM
So it's funny that Barbara got mugged because y'all don't like her father? That's weak.what does her father have to do with this? don't start making this shit political. All I'm saying is she's been here two weeks and already someone has mugged her and her bodyguard. So much for secret service protection.

Spam
11-21-2006, 10:18 PM
She was Bush wacked and that sucks ass.

ShoogarBear
11-21-2006, 10:27 PM
Your purse got stolen?And it had all my embroidery in it.

Good 'N Plenty
11-22-2006, 11:23 AM
She's hot.

T Park
11-22-2006, 11:26 AM
All I'm saying is she's been here two weeks and already someone has mugged her and her bodyguard. So much for secret service protection

Doesn't say much about your country either.

samikeyp
11-22-2006, 11:33 AM
and in unrelated news.....the US Atlantic fleet is headed towards South America....when asked, a pentagon official would only say that it was for "training purposes that were named 'Operation Purse Snatch'"

Jimcs50
11-22-2006, 12:00 PM
Doesn't say much about your country either.

TPark, as if our country has no purse snatchers.

:rolleyes

Hell, in our country, someone would steal her purse and then fuck the damn thing.

TheThinkingMan
11-22-2006, 12:48 PM
Does TPark ever think before he posts?

MaNuMaNiAc
11-22-2006, 02:39 PM
Does TPark ever think before he posts?no he doesn't, its well known fact http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

On a sidenote, I really do hope the douchbag that had the horrible luck of robbing the First Daughter of the US gets caught. I don't imagine it will take that long, governments don't like bad press like this, and I'm sure they'll make an example out of him.

ATX Spur
11-22-2006, 02:50 PM
Did this happen last night? I had dinner in San Telmo last night too. I didn´t know they were here...now I´m gonna be on the look-out for them.¨ :fro

MaNuMaNiAc
11-22-2006, 02:55 PM
Did this happen last night? I had dinner in San Telmo last night too. I didn´t know they were here...now I´m gonna be on the look-out for them.¨ :froI think it happened three days ago

ATX Spur
11-22-2006, 02:56 PM
Not to hijack the thread, but Manumania, where in the city are you?

MaNuMaNiAc
11-22-2006, 02:57 PM
Not to hijack the thread, but Manumania, where in the city are you?Palermo viejo

ATX Spur
11-22-2006, 03:04 PM
I´m in Palermo also for the moment. Staying in San Telmo though. Have you heard anything if ESPN will pick up the Heat game tonight or the Dallas game on Friday?

MaNuMaNiAc
11-22-2006, 03:13 PM
I´m in Palermo also for the moment. Staying in San Telmo though. Have you heard anything if ESPN will pick up the Heat game tonight or the Dallas game on Friday?
Haven't really heard anything about it over here, but NBA.com has the game being braodcasted on ESPN, and we usually get every ESPN game. However, you never know over here, there just might be a tennis match going on or a fucking rerun of a game between Quilmes vs Chacarita http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif In the past, there have delayed transmission of a Spurs games and started transmitting on the 2 minute mark of the second quarter.

Nothing is really certain, but I'd say there is a good chance they'll show the game tonight

ATX Spur
11-22-2006, 03:16 PM
Yes, sadly I know how it goes. :lol With my luck I´ll get to watch the game and the Spurs will lose!

Hopefully, not though.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-22-2006, 03:52 PM
http://us.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/11/22/bush.purse.reut/index.html

Bush daughter purse-snatching is talk of Argentina
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (Reuters) -- Reports that an agile Argentine thief snatched the purse of one of the twin daughters of President Bush while U.S. Secret Service agents were nearby had local media in a buzz Wednesday.

"Bush's bodyguards couldn't handle San Telmo purse-snatcher," read a headline on the Web site of official news agency Telam.

Telam said a government source, who asked not to be named, confirmed reports regarding the robbery. Different local reports said the incident happened on Sunday or Monday.

A law enforcement source briefed on the incident told CNN that Barbara Bush's purse was stolen while she was in Argentina with her twin sister, Jenna. But the source said that "at no point were the protectees out of visual contact and at no point was there any risk of harm."

Barbara Bush, 24, who has the same name as her grandmother, the former first lady, was in a restaurant in the San Telmo neighborhood when her purse was taken, Telam reported.

It was not clear whether she was wearing her purse at the time of the theft or whether she was in an open-air restaurant or indoors.

Radio and television reporters flocked to the main square in the historic neighborhood -- known for its outdoor restaurants and tango performances -- trying in vain to find out in which restaurant the purse had disappeared.

All they came up with were a couple shopkeepers who said they were just discovering that a young woman who had been in their shop in recent days may have been the first daughter.

The U.S. Embassy in Argentina and the White House declined to comment on the reports, and Argentine police said no report had been filed with them.

Officials at Argentina's interior ministry did not respond to repeated requests for comment.

It was not known how long Bush's daughter had been in Argentina or why she was visiting. Some reports said she had been in neighboring Paraguay earlier, in an activity related with UNICEF.

Bush daughter purse-snatching is talk of Argentina??

Give me a break! they say it as if it was front page news. Muggings happen every day, and over here nobody even knows who Bush's daughters are, let alone really care. The story didn't even make front page news in most newspapers. Besides, its not like someone roughed her up and stole her purse. Someone grabbed it where she had left it and run off with it, period. No violence, no one really got hurt. Its a fairy tale ending compared to all the other fucked up scenarios that situationg could have ended in.

Its a non-story

Right now, they're reviewing video tapes to find out who did it, and they'll find him soon enough. The dude that stole the purse must be banging his head against a wall somewhere saying

"la hija de BUSH???? LA HIJA DE BUSH?? DE TODAS LAS RICACHONAS QUE PASAN POR ACA, LE TUVE QUE ROBAR A LA HIJA DE BUSH!!?? http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smibang.gif"

Marhq
11-22-2006, 04:27 PM

24 de Nov.
NBA Friday Viernes de N.B.A.
Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs AT&T Center San Antonio, TX USA
10:00 PM - 12:30 AM
Link (http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/sports/tvlistings/deportes/scheduleWeek?date=20061122&sport=BK&tz=America/Buenos_Aires) :toast

Saludos.

ShoogarBear
11-22-2006, 04:28 PM
ATX Spur in Argentina, and Bush purse gets stolen?

Coincidence?

ALVAREZ6
11-22-2006, 06:26 PM
Besides, its not like someone roughed her up and stole her purse. Someone grabbed it where she had left it and run off with it, period. No violence, no one really got hurt. Its a fairy tale ending compared to all the other fucked up scenarios that situationg could have ended in.

But that would never happen in the United States, never. No way, I mean you can just taste the brotherly love in the air over here.

[/tpark]