PDA

View Full Version : Broncos livid over Nalen's $25K fine (Serves that bastard right)

TheSanityAnnex
11-21-2006, 07:18 PM
Good for the league. That cheap ass bastard deserves a 25,000 dollar fine for diving at Igor's knees after he knew they were spiking the ball. Its about time the Broncos Oline is called out for being dirty. Nalen was voted as one of the dirtiest players in the league by the players, now he'll pay.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6195350

Broncos livid over Nalen's $25K fine

Jay Glazer / FOXSports.com

The Denver Broncos are screaming mad after the NFL weighed in on an altercation between Broncos center Tom Nalen and Chargers DT Igor Olshansky.

FOXSports.com has learned that the league fined Nalen a whopping $25,000 for going down after Olshansky below the knees on a simple spike play in the waning minutes of Sunday night's game. Olshansky, who retaliated with a punch and was ejected from the game, was fined less than half that -- $10,000. Even though Nalen's fine was much more significant than Olshansky's, Nalen's action drew no flag.

Denver officials are furious with the fine and it's expected that Nalen will appeal such a move. After Olshansky was kicked out of the game his head coach Marty Schottenheimer was seen lambasting the young defensive lineman for the infraction.

greenroom
11-21-2006, 07:54 PM
Man thats bushleague that Olshansky's fine is only 10k??? he did not just throw one punch he threw 2????

I agree that Nalen's move was kinda shady, but Olshansky's is just as shady.

TheSanityAnnex
11-21-2006, 08:20 PM
Man thats bushleague that Olshansky's fine is only 10k??? he did not just throw one punch he threw 2????

I agree that Nalen's move was kinda shady, but Olshansky's is just as shady.
How is punching someone shady after they dove at your knees on a called spike play? Take your orange colored shades off for a second and realize he could have ended Olshansky's career right there. Olshansky just came off of a knee surgery last year, and Nalen is lucky he only hit him a couple times. Igor should have ripped his helmet off and beat the fuck out of Nalen.

With the severity of Nalens fine, its obvious the league was not too happy with his actions. I wonder if they'll make some rule changes now about cut-blocks. If so, Denver would be screwed. Denver would have to completely rebuild their line and go bigger. Nalen could have fucked more than his wallet with that nobrainer move.

greenroom
11-21-2006, 08:23 PM
Problem is that he did not even touch the guy. Had he actually got into the legs of the SD player then yes he would deserve the fine and hell a suspension. But he did not even touch him.

katyon6th
11-21-2006, 08:32 PM
I missed this through my tears, I guess. No seriously, I'm sure it happened at about the same time I threw my pillow at the TV and screamed "Fuck you, Plummer!" for the 32nd time that game. After which I resorted to watching Laguna Beach reruns.

But damn, he misses the guy and still gets fined $25,000? $5,000 for the attempt, maybe, but $25,000? C'mon, now. Loosen up your buttons, baby.

TheSanityAnnex
11-21-2006, 08:35 PM
Problem is that he did not even touch the guy. Had he actually got into the legs of the SD player then yes he would deserve the fine and hell a suspension. But he did not even touch him.Problem is he did it on a Nationally televised game, and don't be surprised when your Oline is watched much, much, more closely for illegal blocks and cheapshots. It had nothing to do with whether he actually hit him or not, it was all about his intent, on a dead fucking ball. If they change the blocking rules next year, Nalen single handedly fucked the Broncos for years.

TheSanityAnnex
11-21-2006, 08:37 PM
Tell your sister I have a shoulder to cry on.

I missed this through my tears, I guess.

katyon6th
11-21-2006, 08:40 PM
Hm. I missed that, too, clearly.

Aren't you sweet.

Taco
11-22-2006, 01:50 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4UgEK6_nz28&mode=related&search=

samikeyp
11-22-2006, 02:12 PM
Punching someone on the football field is never good...but I understand why it was done. Messing with someone's knees is serious business.