PDA

View Full Version : WMD 2: This time, it's for real...or is it?

PixelPusher
11-21-2006, 09:37 PM
Dread Lord Cheney really, really, really, really wants to bomb Iran before his term ends, and he isn't gonna let something as trivial as CIA intelligence reports get in the way, dammit!

White House brushes off CIA draft on Iran: report (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061120/pl_nm/iran_usa_report_dc_3)

Mon Nov 20, 11:56 AM ET

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House dismissed a classified
CIA draft assessment that found no conclusive evidence of a secret Iranian nuclear weapons program, The New Yorker magazine reported.
ADVERTISEMENT

The article by investigative journalist Seymour Hersh said the CIA's analysis was based on technical intelligence collected by satellites and on other evidence like measurements of the radioactivity of water samples.

"The CIA found no conclusive evidence, as yet, of a secret Iranian nuclear weapons program running parallel to the civilian operations that
Iran has declared to the
International Atomic Energy Agency," according to the article.

"A current senior intelligence official confirmed the existence of the CIA analysis, and told me that the White House had been hostile to it," it said.

The United States has accused Iran of pursuing nuclear weapons under the guise of a civilian energy program.

White House spokeswoman Dana Perino did not respond directly to Hersh's assertions, but said the article was another "error-filled piece" in a "series of inaccuracy-riddled articles about the Bush administration."

"The White House is not going to dignify the work of an author who has viciously degraded our troops, and whose articles consistently rely on outright falsehoods to justify his own radical views," she said on Monday.

The article, in the current issue of the magazine, discussed how Vice President
Dick Cheney believed the Bush administration would deal with Iran if the Republicans lost control of Congress -- as they did in the November 7 election.

"If the Democrats won on November 7th, the vice president said, that victory would not stop the administration from pursuing a military option with Iran," Hersh wrote, citing an unidentified source familiar with the discussion.

Phrases like "we can't afford to wait for the smoking gun" and "mushroom cloud" are sure to follow. The only thing worse than a bad movie is the sequel to that bad movie.

clambake
11-21-2006, 11:41 PM
Go Dick Go!!!!!! I'm sick and tired of this shit, too. How do we know if our old nukes work if we don't use them? Why don't we drop'em and claim it's an Iran nuke test gone bad? Orrrrrr, just claim that Christian terrorist ( a new American invention ) carried a stolen nuke into Tehran. Why can't we have our own terrorist network? Is there some kind of patent on terrorism?

clambake
11-22-2006, 01:04 AM
Were Americans happier when shielded from the truth?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-22-2006, 01:24 AM
Go Dick Go!!!!!! I'm sick and tired of this shit, too. How do we know if our old nukes work if we don't use them? Why don't we drop'em and claim it's an Iran nuke test gone bad? Orrrrrr, just claim that Christian terrorist ( a new American invention ) carried a stolen nuke into Tehran. Why can't we have our own terrorist network? Is there some kind of patent on terrorism?

Jeez, I hope you are kidding... although I'm not sure that pre-emptive nuclear terrorism is particularly funny.

BTW, Christian terrorism goes a long way back. Ever heard of the Crusades, the Inquisition, the last 500 years of British history (Catholics v Protestants), the missionaries of the Colonial age (we destroy the heathens in the name of Christ!), Northern Ireland, etc.? Terrorism is a pan-religious beast.

PixelPusher
11-22-2006, 01:33 AM
Jeez, I hope you are kidding... although I'm not sure that pre-emptive nuclear terrorism is particularly funny.

BTW, Christian terrorism goes a long way back. Ever heard of the Crusades, the Inquisition, the last 500 years of British history (Catholics v Protestants), the missionaries of the Colonial age (we destroy the heathens in the name of Christ!), Northern Ireland, etc.? Terrorism is a pan-religious beast.

He was kidding. Sarcasm does not fare well on these here internets.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-22-2006, 01:36 AM
Yeah, you need a wink or a rolleyes or something, or people to know your posting habits, to get sarcasm across.

My bad. :)

Extra Stout
11-22-2006, 09:02 AM
If we just go ahead and neutron bomb the entire rest of the planet, once the radiation fades, all external threats to us will be gone, and besides we get lots of living room to spread out. Sounds like a good final solution to me. We just need to find a leader with the courage to make it happen. Nothing has ever been accomplished without violence!

jochhejaam
11-22-2006, 09:43 AM
If we just go ahead and neutron bomb the entire rest of the planet, once the radiation fades, all external threats to us will be gone, and besides we get lots of living room to spread out. Sounds like a good final solution to me. We just need to find a leader with the courage to make it happen. Nothing has ever been accomplished without violence!
Good solution Stout, with one exception, "us" (sic) will be gone too. <sigh>

Extra Stout
11-22-2006, 10:01 AM
Good solution Stout, with one exception, "us" (sic) will be gone too. <sigh>
But on the bright side, if I'm one of the couple hundred thousand or so that survive, I'm all but guaranteed a good parking spot at the mall!

AFBlue
11-22-2006, 10:29 AM
But on the bright side, if I'm one of the couple hundred thousand or so that survive, I'm all but guaranteed a good parking spot at the mall!

Except for the day after Thanksgiving, that is...

NASCARdad
11-22-2006, 10:30 AM
If the democrats had half the balls Cheney has 9/11 wouldn't have happened. I can't believe how weak on defense you all are.

clambake
11-22-2006, 11:26 AM
I think nascardad is my all time favorite.

boutons_
11-22-2006, 11:33 AM
"If the democrats had half the balls Cheney has 9/11 wouldn't have happened"

dickhead was doing NOTHING between Jan - Sep 01 about al Quaida, and ignored the "planes into buildings"chatter that summer.

I guess he was admiring and playing with his big, fake balls.

I can't believe how fucking stupid and chickenshit you right wing rabble rabble are, still suporting the fuckers who created steaming pile of shit in Iraq.

If you're such a Macho Man, go pull dubya's and dickheads dicks out of Iraq, and then figure out how to reduce the huge threat to the entire world that dubya and dickhead have created in the M/E with their loss of Iraq to the terrorists.

George Gervin's Afro
11-22-2006, 12:05 PM
If the democrats had half the balls Cheney has 9/11 wouldn't have happened. I can't believe how weak on defense you all are.

Which one of Dick's 5 deferrments proved that he had balls? :wakeup

jochhejaam
11-22-2006, 12:41 PM
Ah yes, the proverbial "silver lining". That's the type of thinking that thoroughly separates you men from us boys.