PDA

View Full Version : Silly question about the Admiral's rolled up socks

flipcritic
11-22-2006, 01:46 PM
In my teens I was probably the kid who was getting subscriptions to SI, and so a lot of pics of David Robinson in his rolled up socks (3 pairs, each rolled down to the ankles so that it looked like he was wearing donuts above his shoes). At the time it seemed cool and I tried it out. Pretty soon other guys I played against did the same (for however long that fad lasted). :lol

To my knowledge, he's the only one I've seen wear em that way. Anyone here do the same? :)

sandman
11-22-2006, 02:11 PM
In my teens I was probably the kid who was getting subscriptions to SI, and so a lot of pics of David Robinson in his rolled up socks (3 pairs, each rolled down to the ankles so that it looked like he was wearing donuts above his shoes). At the time it seemed cool and I tried it out. Pretty soon other guys I played against did the same (for however long that fad lasted). :lol

To my knowledge, he's the only one I've seen wear em that way. Anyone here do the same? :)

Dude, did you need to bring up that fashion memory? There were many things about college life that I would rather forget. Doing that with my socks, combined with shorts that were just starting to get longer but not quite long enough, was not a good memory to dredge up.

flipcritic
11-22-2006, 02:37 PM
:lol I'm not alone! :lol

KEDA
11-22-2006, 03:14 PM
Im still waiting for Nike to retro the Air Command Force, that was the first shoe David had.

cornbread
11-22-2006, 03:30 PM

I sported the 3-donut rolled down socks and a Nike FORCE tank top during my younger years. The David Robinson shoes cost too much cash so I never had the priveledge of owning a pair. I only admired them at the Nike store in the San Marcos Outlet Mall.