PDA

View Full Version : Quick question:

conqueso
11-22-2006, 04:46 PM
I know this doesn't deserve it's own thread, but oh well.

So I was playing spades on yahoo, and I sit at this table and one of my opponents goes by the handle "mavsfanforlife." I wished everyone good luck, then threw in a "go spurs go" to kinda stir up the pot a little. Long story short, a big fight ensues, and this guy has about as much tact as dirk4mvp and spouts off the same old tired line about the Spurs being floppers and whiners and dirty players, etc. To be fair, I prodded him on after he called the Spurs "pussies" by constructing a logical proof that choking in the finals up 2.75 games to 0 is by definition "pussy." Anyway, the argument turned to the recent scandal involving Bowen, and this guy said:

"It's dirty when you do that shit intentionally. Bowen even admitted it in an interview that he sticks his feet under the guy he's defending as he's coming down in order to get in his head and gain a psychological advantage."

I of course reminded him that such an allegation thrust the burden of proof on him and I asked him to send me a link to that interview, but of course he refused.

Now I've followed this whole Bruce = dirty? thing pretty closely, and I don't remember any admission from Bowen that he stuck his feet under other players on purpose, whether in an interview or otherwise.

Am I wrong about that? Did Bruce say that he uses that strategy as a defensive tactic? If so, I take back every nice thing I've ever said about him. If not, what kind of bullshit propaganda is getting spewed around the metroplex by the ticket and fucking Galloway?

ChumpDumper
11-22-2006, 04:49 PM
Never happened.

conqueso
11-22-2006, 04:53 PM
By the way, my partner and I won the game, and then I was promptly booted from the room by "mavsfanforlife," who was the table host. The game was close, and I think I brought the booting on myself by writing "Even Dallas CARD players choke when it matters most."

Go Spurs Go!

flipcritic
11-22-2006, 09:39 PM
Get used to it. Whiners whine. Winners win.