PDA

View Full Version : Spurs look good now but will thay have any juice left for the playoffs?

KFFL
11-22-2006, 05:56 PM
I just got done looking at the spurs vs kings game again, and I can't help to notice they used every bit of energy they had to beat us, I have to wonder if they are peaking to soon, and will they have any juice left if they make it to the playoffs.

Any thoughts on this matter?

td4mvp21
11-22-2006, 05:57 PM
Oh yeah, Duncan's 31 minutes left him tired for days!

KFFL
11-22-2006, 06:09 PM
Oh yeah, Duncan's 31 minutes left him tired for days!

Are you saying Tim Duncan can do that every game and still have juice for the playoffs? Come on, let's keep the topic at some what of an intelligent level.

You guys can wet your panties all season long about Tim Duncan's regular season 31 points till the cows come home. But you will be crying your silver and black ass's off when you see he has no juice left come playoffs,

As A kings fan I rather lose now, and win in the playoffs

td4mvp21
11-22-2006, 06:12 PM
Are you saying Tim Duncan can do that every game and still have juice for the playoffs? Come on, let's keep the topic at some what of an intelligent level.

You guys can wet your panties all season long about Tim Duncan's regular season 31 points till the cows come home. But you will be crying your silver and black ass's off when you see he has no juice left come playoffs,

Ok, he was injured all last season, and he seemed fine to me in the playoffs. Why would he feel worse this season in the playoffs when he's healthy? And Kings fans don't even have a choice, they aren't gonna win in the playoffs.

E20
11-22-2006, 06:14 PM
All our starters sat for 18 minutes or so, in Ginobili's case he sat down for 2 quarters. That's going EASY on the Kings. Same goes for the Blazers and we still managed to win a back-to-back with all our tired players.

Now last year in Detroit's case their starters were averaging close to 40 MPG.

IX_Equilibrium
11-22-2006, 06:14 PM
they used every bit of energy they had to beat us
Any thoughts on this matter?

Every bit of energy?

Bowen played the most minutes for the Spurs at 32:26. Three Kings starters had well over that amount of time played.

M.Bibby 38:34
R.Artest 35:12
S.Abdur-Rahim 43:54

Perhaps you should do a little research before you make a thread.

IX_Equilibrium
11-22-2006, 06:17 PM

Well, according to your (mis)logic, the Kings use every bit of energy and still lose. I guess their only chance in the playoffs is to take it easy.

FvckMavs
11-22-2006, 06:18 PM
You lose now, you have no playoff.

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-22-2006, 06:19 PM
They didn't use every bit of energy they had, they simply played only well enough to win. They did it against the Knicks, Rockets, and Suns. They tried to do it against the Bobcats. Don't let the record fool you, this team is far from playing its best, and even further from burning itself out. Even if they were, this year's season is front loaded with the B2B and four games in five nights situations. From a fatigue standpoint these first few months will be the toughest.

What's the earliest someone's ever had to play the SPAM card around here?

SAtown
11-22-2006, 06:22 PM
I can't believe we're still talking about a regular season game at Arco. Time to move on Kings fan. Putting up a decent fight against SA won't get you into the playoffs.

ALVAREZ6
11-22-2006, 06:22 PM
what a stupid fucking question, nothing could be more moronic. The season just started for christ's sake, how the fuck are you gonna ask if they'll have juice left??? This applies to any team.

nkdlunch
11-22-2006, 06:23 PM
what the fuck is this shit???

Spurs peak in the playoffs. get real this has happened every year for the last 5+. THe only thing that can stop us is inju...es (knock on wood)

SAtown
11-22-2006, 06:24 PM
And define "juice" please.

Smackie Chan
11-22-2006, 06:30 PM
The topic starter is off on many issues, and you must understand he is still bitter from losing again to the Spurs. But he does have a good point, Tim Duncan is no spring chicken and he is getting older and he may run out of energy when you really need him.

lord knows when you face the Dallas Mavericks in the semi finals and Dirk is running circles around him you may wish Tim did not waste all his juice on the regular season.

That's why the Mavs are playing possum, they are saving the good shit for the finals.

SAtown
11-22-2006, 06:31 PM
That's why the Mavs are playing possum, they are saving the good shit for the finals.

You're joking, right? :sleep

bdictjames
11-22-2006, 06:34 PM
Maybe that's what Miami is doing now

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-22-2006, 06:34 PM
He's quite serious about the Mavs playing possum. Pretty soon they'll get squashed trying to cross a busy highway and eaten by some hillbillies.

SAtown
11-22-2006, 06:39 PM
He's quite serious about the Mavs playing possum. Pretty soon they'll get squashed trying to cross a busy highway and eaten by some hillbillies.

:lol :clap :lol

itzsoweezee
11-22-2006, 06:40 PM
The topic starter is off on many issues, and you must understand he is still bitter from losing again to the Spurs. But he does have a good point, Tim Duncan is no spring chicken and he is getting older and he may run out of energy when you really need him.

lord knows when you face the Dallas Mavericks in the semi finals and Dirk is running circles around him you may wish Tim did not waste all his juice on the regular season.

The problem w/ your argument is that you have no argument. duncan is averaging 35 minutes a game. that's hardly anything to worry with regard to any NBA player in general, and it's even less something to worry about with regard to duncan for a couple of reaosns. First, duncan dominated in the playoffs last year averaging about the same minutes during the regular season. Second, duncan is healthier this season and took the summer off. 35 minutes a night should be a piece of cake.

and applying this "losing energy" argument to the rest of the spurs is even more silly. san antonio is possibly the deepest team in the league this year. aside from duncan, no player on the spurs is averaging more than 35 minutes a game. so lack of energy is not going to be problem and never was last year.

KFFL
11-22-2006, 06:43 PM
The last thing I wanted to do was have a forum full of angry pissed off Spur fans, I was just curious how you feel peaking to soon and I was hoping you don't regret it later.
Go ahead and win all the regular season games you want but don't whine later when the young fresh kings knock your spurs out of the playoffs, you can't say you did not see it coming, you have been warned.

Brianna
11-22-2006, 06:46 PM
but don't whine later

When have you ever seen a Spurs fan whine? :lol

smeagol
11-22-2006, 06:47 PM
The last thing I wanted to do was have a forum full of angry pissed off Spur fans, I was just curious how you feel peaking to soon and I was hoping you don't regret it later.
Go ahead and win all the regular season games you want but don't whine later when the young fresh kings knock your spurs out of the playoffs, you can't say you did not see it coming, you have been warned.
Same as last year.

IX_Equilibrium
11-22-2006, 06:49 PM

I use statistical facts to back up my argument. You use blatant homerism. Now you've made an ass out of yourself. :spin

Bruno
11-22-2006, 06:56 PM
Spurs have used "every bit of energy" against Kings and that's why they have lost against Portland hte next day. Old Duncan and old Manu were tired as hell in the second half. :spin

flipcritic
11-22-2006, 09:38 PM
Lame thread

PhotoShop
11-22-2006, 11:00 PM
Lame thread

Not as lame as these.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/search.php?searchid=238720

samikeyp
11-22-2006, 11:03 PM
I think the Spurs will be just fine for the playoffs.

jmard5
11-22-2006, 11:35 PM

Sorry excuse sir. Lame! No wonder you are a Kings fan. :lol

bigfan
11-22-2006, 11:36 PM
Dont these Mavs and Kings fans have anyplace else to go???

Buddy Holly
11-22-2006, 11:38 PM

Who's peaking too soon?

We've lost two games at home, how is that peaking?? The Spurs are a damn good team, our record shows that. We don't peak until SPAM.

Go ahead and win all the regular season games you want but don't whine later when the young fresh kings knock your spurs out of the playoffs,

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Wait, WHY THE FUCK am I arguing with Mouse?

phyzik
11-22-2006, 11:46 PM
Dont these Mavs and Kings fans have anyplace else to go???

no....no they dont..... and it sucks....

They only WISH they could have a message board like the Spurs..... them coming here is just one more indication that they are envious of our team.

Spurstalk has almost reached the level of envy that causes people to go to lakersground.net to stir shit..... except this board is better run by far.

flipcritic
11-22-2006, 11:55 PM
Not as lame as these.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/search.php?searchid=238720

OOOOOO ya got me noob! I'm dyin!

resistanze
11-23-2006, 12:06 AM
http://puffmatic.homestead.com/files/haterade.gif

pjjrfan
11-23-2006, 12:21 AM
You don't want to peak to early, but I think this team is working on it's chemistry, most of these guys have been together for a while now and seeomg the work of both centers has been a pleasant surprise. I just don't think this will hurt the Spurs, I don't see Pop allowing these guys to get away with weak play something he did last year, especially when it came to Van Exel and Tony. I think Tony has done a great job this year but I'm more glad to see that every time Tony misses an opportunity to involve his teammates Pop has been on him, much like he was in 03 and 05. Barring injuries I just don't see this team falling into the Piston's trap of overconfidence where they stopped playing defense, thier bread and butter, I just feel Pop is more committed to bringing these guys home with another trophy.

SpursIndonesia
11-23-2006, 12:59 AM
Man, his own team doesn't even have "the JUICE" to play all 4 quarters tonite, got spanked badly in the 4th, yet he came here with this crap about our team ? :lol

cornbread
11-23-2006, 01:45 AM

Damn! KFFL makes the Heat fans look like honor students!

Seriously, you write some of the most retarded shit I've ever read. Didn't the Kings blow a huge lead tonight, at home? It's a good thing they're not winning any games this early in the season. Wouldn't want to peak too early.

polandprzem
11-23-2006, 02:28 AM
March Spurs < April Spurs < May Spurs < June (100%) Spurs

xamila rey
11-23-2006, 04:29 AM
sorry but i dont really get the purpose of the question.
u just trying to find sth wrong about the Spurs,
when there is nothing wrong in playing good during regular seasson.