PDA

View Full Version : Winning a championship

Spursfury
11-22-2006, 08:25 PM
I was just wondering, if you wore playing in the NBA would you be satisfied to be on a championship winning team? The only catch is all you do is sit on the bench on the inactive list the whole season, or would you be bitter about never actually getting any playing time, being able to help in achieving the ultimate goal in the NBA of winning a championship. Or would you just be happy to have a ring, now really think about it there are alot of player's in the league who have given many years of their lives trying, and have never got a ring. Then there are some who have rings, but never had to play a single game in the whole season to get to their ultimate goal of winning a championship ring. If it was me, I wouldn't even want the ring if I didn't do anything to get it. Think about trying to tell your children one day, I have won a NBA championship, but all I did was sit on the bench, and my teammates did all the winning for me. What if your kid's ask, Dad how many games did it take for ya'll to win? And you have to tell them, I never actually got to play in a game. But I still have my ring.

G-Money
11-22-2006, 08:57 PM
I would threaten the coach untill he let me play. Then I would get triple triples everygame.

Marklar MM
11-22-2006, 10:03 PM
Darko made roughly 3.6 million dollars to play 159 minutes. I wouldn't mind that at all.

samikeyp
11-22-2006, 10:59 PM
The ring is the thing.

Besides...those players don't get into games much but they are valuable in practice and in the preparation for those games.

cornbread
11-23-2006, 01:28 AM
^^^ :clap

I totally agree.

THE Dr. Evil
11-23-2006, 07:44 AM
I wouldn't want to be on a championship team unless I was playing and contributing.

samikeyp
11-23-2006, 10:30 AM
Lets tweak this a little.

If you had a chance at a huge contract on a mediocre or worse team or taking a paycut to go to a contender....which would you do?

I go for the ring personally.....most of players and fans nowadays though feel money is more important.

Texas_Ranger
11-23-2006, 10:38 AM
You can play 48 minutes per game, averaging 30+pts., 10+ reb., but if you don't have a ring, that means nothing.