PDA

View Full Version : Spurs vs Dallas BIG GAME

STEVEYCU
11-22-2006, 09:14 PM
Man the Spurs are lookin great but Dallas is comin on strong pretty quietly I didnt realize they had won 7 in a row.... That bein said fridays game is lookin pretty important, how big dose everyone think this game is and who needs it more

KFFL
11-22-2006, 09:20 PM
I read last week in this forum the Mavs won't even make the playoffs, Now all of a sudden they are a team to worry about? :lmao

STEVEYCU
11-22-2006, 09:35 PM
Hey I hate the Mavs as much as any Spurs fan but you still gotta know that they are gonna be in the hunt come the end of the season... Thats why I think it is very important for the Spurs to win every game aginst Dallas

Dre_7
11-22-2006, 09:36 PM
I read last week in this forum the Mavs won't even make the playoffs, Now all of a sudden they are a team to worry about? :lmao

Whoever said they werent makin the playoffs were either A) Just messin around with Mav fans, or B) Just plain stupid. Dallas is one of the top teams in the league despite the slow start. I think you are just salty from the Kings gettin beatin by the Spurs.

smeagol
11-22-2006, 10:15 PM
I hope it's a better game than today's game.

MAVSFANBITCH
11-22-2006, 10:20 PM
we are gonna win hoot hoot hoot hoot hoot hoot hoot

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
11-22-2006, 10:21 PM
I hope it's a better game than today's game.
This game was like practice for the Spurs starters. The big three played under 24 minutes.

I like how Manu's FG ' s were 6-9 looks like things are clicking for him in efficiency. Hope he keeps it up :tu

Sam
11-22-2006, 10:24 PM
Man the Spurs are lookin great but Dallas is comin on strong pretty quietly I didnt realize they had won 7 in a row.... That bein said fridays game is lookin pretty important, how big dose everyone think this game is and who needs it more
Anyone want to interpret this for me?

Spursfury
11-22-2006, 10:35 PM
Spurs aren't concerned about their win streak. When they come to the AT&T Center the spurs will handle their unfinished business. Don't get me wrong this will really be a game you must see, but the results will end with, everyone talking about a winning streak, the Spurs 5 game winning streak. Dallas will be crying all the way back home. Fuck all Dallas fans...GO SPURS GO...

samikeyp
11-22-2006, 11:00 PM
Pretty big for a November game...but still November.

I would just like to see the Spurs get a big home win.

PhotoShop
11-22-2006, 11:06 PM
Whoever said they werent makin the playoffs

Do you really want folks to dig up 90% of the topics when the Mavs lost 4 straight? Everyone and their mothers were saying The Mavs should just tank the season.

ducks
11-22-2006, 11:11 PM
no most posters here said mavs would be fine

samikeyp
11-22-2006, 11:12 PM
no most posters here said mavs would be fine

the smart ones, anyway.

dirk4mvp.
11-22-2006, 11:23 PM
the smart ones, anyway.

That's the 2% :lmao

ducks
11-22-2006, 11:31 PM
of mav fans

TDMVPDPOY
11-23-2006, 12:33 AM
easy win, next!

T-Pain
11-23-2006, 12:35 AM
yeah we got the Mavs

phyzik
11-23-2006, 01:58 AM

you know.... Im getting sick of the Mavs fans coming here and expecting the Spurs fans to bow down like as if the mavs are the undisputed team to beat.... grow the fuck up, you won the WCF..... THE WCF... not the campionship, which by the way was NOT decided by the refs.... Mavs just fucking suck too much to man up and play the game.

And its not like they are playing like champs anyway.... They have had an extremely easy schedule aside from the Spurs and the Suns, lets see how they do against a true test before you mav fans start circle jerking eachother and swallowing your own man-soup.

I will admit there are quite a few Spurs fans here that crap on the Mavs but you have to admit its mostly because you jackoff mav fans have been stinking this place up like week-old douche bags.

Its early in the season, Mavs suck so far....

DEAL WITH IT

milkyway21
11-23-2006, 02:30 AM
We've solved the Houston problem. Now I'm more worried about Jazz not particularly the Mavericks.

:wow Sloan's team is now on a 10-1 start And 4-0 w/o AK. One even mentioned Jazz are laying waste to foes(got it's building's new name, EnergySolutions Arena). I hope they won't lay their waste on the Spurs when they meet later this week:D.

Well all I can say is it's fantastic.

ponky
11-23-2006, 02:32 AM
Its early in the season, Mavs suck so far....

I can understand all the bitching you just did about how you don't like the smacktalk going on between Mavs and Spurs fans although I disagree with your assessment, I think the smack is just part of the fun as long as you don't start getting all hostile. What I don't understand is how you arrived at the assessment you made above, that the Mavs suck so far THIS SEASON. You can make fun and ridicule all you want about whatever happened in the past but it has nothing to do with the Mavericks THIS SEASON. So please explain, how is it that the Mavericks suck this season? We are 6-1 WITHOUT JHO and while we probably won't have him back in time for the Spurs game, whatever the outcome we can be do alright without him even if it's not ideal. We have the longest winning streak in the NBA right now and during that time you've lost to Cleveland at home...not to mention Charlotte. Don't give me the BTB excuse because we just won 4 games on two separate BTBs within the space of five days.

dbreiden83080
11-23-2006, 02:51 AM
This will be a very good game indeed but the Spurs are going to take it. Mavs come in hot but with Manu getting himself going again and with TD and Tony playing like they are Spurs will win again. A healthy TD trumps any version of Dirk, Dallas has ever put out there and then some, GO SPURS GO!!

dbreiden83080
11-23-2006, 02:57 AM
not the campionship, which by the way was NOT decided by the refs.... Mavs just fucking suck too much to man up and play the game.

DEAL WITH IT

Yeah i always loved that shit the Mavs got every close call in the book against the Spurs in that 7 game series. In the finals though oh a couple of questionable calls go against them and their team losing is totally not the fault of the Mavs give me a break.

ponky
11-23-2006, 03:09 AM
Yeah i always loved that shit the Mavs got every close call in the book against the Spurs in that 7 game series. In the finals though oh a couple of questionable calls go against them and their team losing is totally not the fault of the Mavs give me a break.

i keep a running record of duncan/dirk/wade FTAs...wade does come out number one, but know who comes out number two? it's not the german guy

you're saying the mavs fans whine about calls and then say that "the mavs got every close call in the book against the spurs in that 7 game series." <-- WTF IS THIS IF NOT WHINING?

ponky
11-23-2006, 03:12 AM
This will be a very good game indeed but the Spurs are going to take it. Mavs come in hot but with Manu getting himself going again and with TD and Tony playing like they are Spurs will win again. A healthy TD trumps any version of Dirk, Dallas has ever put out there and then some, GO SPURS GO!!

they look about the same to me

Duncan:
2006-07 Statistics
PPG 23.0
RPG 11.4
APG 3.3
SPG .55
BPG 1.73
FG% .566
FT% .598
3P% .000
MPG 35.4

Dirk:
2006-07 Statistics
PPG 26.0
RPG 10.5
APG 3.3
SPG .45
BPG 1.00
FG% .500
FT% .906
3P% .367
MPG 38.6

As long as Duncan and Dirk are consistent and play their usual game it's really about the other players.

StylisticS
11-23-2006, 03:16 AM
We've solved the Houston problem. Now I'm more worried about Jazz not particularly the Mavericks.

:.

You will worry more about an experienced veteran made team making a run towards the playoffs and in the playoffs moreso than a majority inexperienced young team that will be overwhelmed when it comes to that same time.

SpursWillOwn
11-23-2006, 09:47 AM
who is ponky?

dirk4mvp
11-23-2006, 09:55 AM
Folks gettin hostile in this joint!

samikeyp
11-23-2006, 10:22 AM
you're saying the mavs fans whine about calls and then say that "the mavs got every close call in the book against the spurs in that 7 game series." <-- WTF IS THIS IF NOT WHINING?

both teams have a bunch of fans who whine way too much. The Spurs fans who whined did so during the WCSF then handed off their whining scripts to the Mavs fans who took over in the Finals.

My question to Mavs fans which I have asked since the finals still refuses to get answered. Why did you call out Spurs fans for whining...then did the exact same thing (almost verbaitum) in the finals...but though that was legit?

BUMP
11-23-2006, 10:36 AM
My question to Mavs fans which I have asked since the finals still refuses to get answered. Why did you call out Spurs fans for whining...then did the exact same thing (almost verbaitum) in the finals...but though that was legit?

because nobody whined. not me anyway.

BOTH series were fair, Tim Duncan shot more free throws than the whole Mavs team in that series but yet some of the Spurs fans say that we got all the calls.

i dont understand at all

dirk4mvp
11-23-2006, 10:38 AM
What's done is done. Dirk pwned the Spurs. Wade pwned the Mavs.

dallasmavsnfuego214
11-23-2006, 10:40 AM
back on topic lol

i think this game is almost equally important, but means a little more to dallas cause we already lost the opener, and we're behind in the standings

samikeyp
11-23-2006, 10:43 AM
because nobody whined. not me anyway.

BOTH series were fair, Tim Duncan shot more free throws than the whole Mavs team in that series but yet some of the Spurs fans say that we got all the calls.

i dont understand at all

You probably didn't whine. I didn't whine either but to say nobody who is a Mavs fan whined is wrong. You can pull threads here from the finals and see it.

I agree that both series were fair. In the WCSF, the Mavs were the better team and in the Finals the Heat were.

Dirk is right though...its in the past and has no bearing on the current season at hand.

samikeyp
11-23-2006, 10:44 AM
back on topic lol

i think this game is almost equally important, but means a little more to dallas cause we already lost the opener, and we're behind in the standings

I agree....you beat me to the post! :)

Still even if Dallas loses, they still have plenty of time to make up ground.

SequSpur
11-23-2006, 10:46 AM
We need to worry about the next Bobcat game.

samikeyp
11-23-2006, 10:52 AM
:lmao

No shit!

Texas_Ranger
11-23-2006, 10:54 AM
It will be a great game. Duncan vs. Dirk, that will be just superb. Two almost even match players playing one on one. And Parker vs. Terry, Manu vs. Stack will be just great to see who is better. I'm hoping that Spurs will win Dallas but they will need to play strong defense. If Bowen could stop Howard and help Duncan a little bit to stop Dirk than we are on a white horse. I know that Dirk can not be 100% stopped but if they will defend him tough, he will not come to easy shots. I'm barely am waiting to watch the game.
GO SPURS GO!

dirk4mvp
11-23-2006, 11:00 AM
My mom is even watching the game tommorrow and she don't get excited about nba until the playoffs usually.

btw, I got a $10 bet with my grandpa on this game.

Go Mavs Go

YoMamaIsCallin
11-23-2006, 11:10 AM
Two topics here:

1) What is the status of Josh Howard? Not having him is a big deal to the Mavs chances of success.

2) I'm personally sick and tired of fans ranting about who got what calls. The refs do the best they can and it evens out in the long run. They are simply another factor in the game that the players and coaches must deal with.

I do see a big difference between the Spurs and the Mavs organizations here. The Spurs, as an organization, generally, don't make excuses or whine about the refs to any great extent. The Mavs, on the other hand, seem to make this a HUGE part of their team identity. Mark Cuban is certainly setting the tone for the team here, and Avery Johnson has turned out to be a BIG-time complainer.

My theory is that the Mavs organization thinks that this is a way to build fan loyalty and interest, by making it an "us vs. them" kind of thing. This is EXACTLY the way Mark Cuban thinks, and he's been really successful selling the Mavs in Dallas, so who's to argue with them. You Mavs fans who have jumped on this "the Refs are against us!" bandwagon are, frankly, being used by the Mavs organization.

The downside is that it actually hurts the team's success. If you get a reputation as a complainer about the refs, you might get some calls turned your way, but you'll probably get more calls turned the other way, and certainly more fines and technical fouls.

sribb43
11-23-2006, 11:30 AM

And the Spurs got down by 20 on their home court in a game 7, take the game to overtime with all the momentum going their way and still somehow lose the game. Stop blaming the refs, the mavs didnt lose the finals bc of the refs, they just got beat, just like the spurs did

samikeyp
11-23-2006, 11:33 AM
Stop blaming the refs, the mavs didnt lose the finals bc of the refs, they just got beat, just like the spurs did

well said.

MAVSFANBITCH
11-23-2006, 12:15 PM
well like i said i love to honey.
im back and i see this

bdictjames
11-23-2006, 12:43 PM
Hope it's Elson who's gonna guard Dirk.. guy's fast and tall

lefty
11-23-2006, 01:10 PM

As Shaq said : I'm not concerned about the Sacramento Queeeens...

lefty
11-23-2006, 01:13 PM
I hope Josh Howard plays ; beating a short-handed team doesn't mean anything to me
Besides , he might call an ill-advised time out..

Sam
11-23-2006, 01:16 PM
Not sure that this is a big game. It's November guys. Let's not get too excited.

duncanchick21
11-23-2006, 03:02 PM
ponky is a mavs fan who is simply in denial spurs are going to own the mavs!!! GO SPURS GO!!! TIM DUNCAN WILL DOMINATE DIRK!!!!

methionine
11-23-2006, 03:05 PM
i keep a running record of duncan/dirk/wade FTAs...wade does come out number one, but know who comes out number two? it's not the german guy

I would think the biggest reason behind this discrepency would be that Duncan plays with his back to the basket in the low post where he seems to draw the attention of all 5 defensive players with swiping hands while "the german guy" settles for a heck of a lot more jumpshots. Just a theory here.

dallaskd
11-23-2006, 03:05 PM
Mavs have won 7 straight, but Howard and George are hurt, intresting to see what happens.

TurkishTimDuncan
11-23-2006, 04:01 PM
this is really big match for dallas. Becouse rival is very hard and wha has three champions

lefty
11-23-2006, 04:08 PM
Mavs have won 7 straight, but Howard and George are hurt, intresting to see what happens.

Well, Howard is important, but George??

bdictjames
11-23-2006, 06:21 PM
Is Howard gonna play?

Doug Collins
11-23-2006, 07:45 PM
It's definitely only November, but as a Spurs fan I love it anytime we beat the Mavs just as any Mavs fan loves it when they beat the Spurs. It gives us a good excuse to talk shit to each other in an otherwise meaningless month of November. And as far as whining goes Spurs fans can whine all they want on this board cause it's a Spurs message board, so all you Mavs fans who complain about us whining too much just remember what site you're on.

lefty
11-23-2006, 09:04 PM
It's definitely only November, but as a Spurs fan I love it anytime we beat the Mavs just as any Mavs fan loves it when they beat the Spurs. It gives us a good excuse to talk shit to each other in an otherwise meaningless month of November. And as far as whining goes Spurs fans can whine all they want on this board cause it's a Spurs message board, so all you Mavs fans who complain about us whining too much just remember what site you're on.

:clap :clap :clap

baseline bum
11-23-2006, 09:16 PM
It would be nice for tiebreaker purposes to win the game tomorrow, but statement games don't start until at least March. Still, it's hard not to get hyped up for a matchup between title contenders #1 and #1A.

Mavs<Spurs
11-23-2006, 10:23 PM
If y'all hadn't been complete jerks and trolls, then you wouldn't find such hostility here. We all understand that you want to support your team and will have a tendency towards thinking your team is the best, just like we want to support our team and will have a pronounced tendency towards thinking our team is the best.

We both will put on our rose colored glasses. That doesn't bother us, at least most of us. What does bother us is when you are rude, throw our team under the bus, are completely unreasonable and act like trolls.

You want to find a little less hostility, be reasonable and try to be fair in your comments (honest about your weaknesses and about our strengths), take reasonable positions.

For example, if I said that Parker was better than Dirk, that would not be a reasonable position. Dirk is the better player and the stats among other things bear that out. So, if I wrote that or said that, I would be saying something demonstrably untrue and just be acting like a punk.

Reasonable positions include

Spurs fans' view Mavs fans' view
Duncan > Dirk Dirk > Duncan
Ginobili > Howard Howard > Ginobili
Parker > Jet Jet = Parker
Our bench > Your bench Your bench > Our bench
Elson+Oberto > Damp + Diop Damp+Diop>Elson+Oberto

About the game:
Mavs have some momentum, but beating the Grizzlies (among others) a couple of times in a row is not quite as impressive. Howard has been out and Mavs are winning and did blow out the Wizards, so they must be playing pretty well lately.
On the other hand, even Riles said that we're playing some of the best ball in the last four or five years. Spurs look to be clearly the best team in the league, so far. Most analysts don't expect Utah and Boozer to continue on this pace. They're a very good team, but not the top dogs at this point.
The comeback wins on the road, even on back to back is impressive.

Spurs right now look like the much better team. That impression will gain a lot of strength if the Spurs win tomorrow night. I don't expect a blow out.
If it is a blow out, then it's the Spurs who will blow the Mavs out, in all probability.

Keys: Intensity should not be a problem. Spurs well rested and are motivated. Dallas can play us close, even at Att center, so venue isn't a big deal.

Can Elson guard Dirk and make him work for his points? Can Parker get into the lane? Can we keep Elson and Tim out on the floor together most of the game? Can we keep Devin out of the paint and make him hit jumpshots? Can we make JET a shooter (he is a very good shooter, but still better that than the alternative)? Will Damp and Diop come to play? What will Stackhouse do?
Is Howard healthy?

Who will make their outside shots? Who will get to the free throw line? Will we convert on the free throw line?

I expect a pretty close game, but look for the Spurs to pull it out. However, it is more than possible for the Mavs to win this game.

Right now, I like our offense a lot better than the Mavs and our defense seems to be significantly better as well.

milkyway21
11-24-2006, 12:00 AM
You will worry more about an experienced veteran made team making a run towards the playoffs and in the playoffs moreso than a majority inexperienced young team that will be overwhelmed when it comes to that same time.
-you mean i shld worry more on a team we just got beaten on opening night and possibly will play against us w/o their other scorer Howard, than a team who is making a name this season making 10-1 and even w/o their prized defender and scorer?

-you think it will be easy for you to beat those guys who won against Houston who kicked your asses and, Golden State who embarrassed you on your raise the WC Champions banner's Day? :D

BTW, why are you talking about the playoffs here?

The Thread says..

I thought this thread refers to the next important games for the Spurs... :rolleyes

why am I thinking some Maverick fans are so sensitive, they need assurance their team is good?
Your team is good but they're not the best team right now. :ihit Not good enough to scare us. So let's just :toast which team wins the next bout opps, round, okay?

phyzik
11-24-2006, 12:07 AM
I can understand all the bitching you just did about how you don't like the smacktalk going on between Mavs and Spurs fans although I disagree with your assessment, I think the smack is just part of the fun as long as you don't start getting all hostile. What I don't understand is how you arrived at the assessment you made above, that the Mavs suck so far THIS SEASON. You can make fun and ridicule all you want about whatever happened in the past but it has nothing to do with the Mavericks THIS SEASON. So please explain, how is it that the Mavericks suck this season? We are 6-1 WITHOUT JHO and while we probably won't have him back in time for the Spurs game, whatever the outcome we can be do alright without him even if it's not ideal. We have the longest winning streak in the NBA right now and during that time you've lost to Cleveland at home...not to mention Charlotte. Don't give me the BTB excuse because we just won 4 games on two separate BTBs within the space of five days.

When I posted that I was referring to this season.... The season where you started off losing 4 straight.... The season where, yes you have 7 game win streak, but against who???

xamila rey
11-24-2006, 12:12 AM
i dont think Mavs can win tomorrow.
Manu and Tim are playing great and much better than last seasson.
reassons? we all know, Tim is healthy, and Manu wont foul Dirk this time.

milkyway21
11-24-2006, 12:13 AM
When I posted that I was referring to this season.... The season where you started off losing 4 straight.... The season where, yes you have 7 game win streak, but against who???2 of them were against Memphis without Pau Gasol and one of the games they were trailing until the last minutes of the 4th qtr. :D

no offense Dallas...cheers :toast

milkyway21
11-24-2006, 12:23 AM
i dont think Mavs can win tomorrow.
Manu and Tim are playing great and much better than last seasson.
reassons? we all know, Tim is healthy, and Manu wont foul Dirk this time.they will play better than the 1st face-off (opening night), because they are HUNGRY for the recognition that they are better than the San Antonio Spurs and that they deserve their WC title. They want RESPECT!

xamila rey
11-24-2006, 01:32 AM
they will play better than the 1st face-off (opening night), because they are HUNGRY for the recognition that they are better than the San Antonio Spurs and that they deserve their WC title. They want RESPECT!

true both team are hungry for different reassons.
it is gonna be a fun game to watch.

phyzik
11-24-2006, 01:42 AM
true both team are hungry for different reassons.
it is gonna be a fun game to watch.

More fun for the Spurs fans, Not as much fun for Dallas fans :flag: :D

ponky
11-24-2006, 01:48 AM
When I posted that I was referring to this season.... The season where you started off losing 4 straight.... The season where, yes you have 7 game win streak, but against who???

I agree, the schedule hasn't been entirely difficult to get those wins but lots of those teams are the same guys the Spurs have won and when I hear people say the Spurs look impressive this season, you have to temper that with the teams they've played as well. Look at how many teams you beat that were under 0.500 and yet one of the few good teams, Cleveland, the Spurs lost against. I think it's too early to tell whether one team is better than the other which is why it's stupid to say that the Mavs suck and tomorrow probably won't decide anything other than who's going to talk smack.

THE SIXTH MAN
11-24-2006, 02:00 AM
I agree, the schedule hasn't been entirely difficult to get those wins but lots of those teams are the same guys the Spurs have won and when I hear people say the Spurs look impressive this season, you have to temper that with the teams they've played as well. Look at how many teams you beat that were under 0.500 and yet one of the few good teams, Cleveland, the Spurs lost against. I think it's too early to tell whether one team is better than the other which is why it's stupid to say that the Mavs suck and tomorrow probably won't decide anything other than who's going to talk smack.
There you go again editing your post. :santahat

ehz33satx
11-24-2006, 03:38 AM
Before this 7 game win streak, the Mavs had an 8 game losing streak going back to the Finals. Tell me, when was the last time the Spurs had an 8 game losing streak?

milkyway21
11-24-2006, 03:48 AM
Before this 7 game win streak, the Mavs had an 8 game losing streak going back to the Finals. Tell me, when was the last time the Spurs had an 8 game losing streak?i only count the Spurs' WINNING streak. and that is, IF they win against Seattle on their next road game they will tie NBA's record of the Pacers' longest winning streak on road games... :dizzy

and the Spurs are usually or once(?) good on home games too! So they're actually lethal this season. Hopefully!