PDA

View Full Version : Early Bird @ Best Buy tomorrow..

Brutalis
11-23-2006, 02:01 PM
Well. I decided I will get up early and be at Best Buy @ 5am to get a computer and a monitor on sale.

I expect a line in front of the store, so for you folks that have been there and done that how early should I get there to be one of the first?

missmyzte
11-23-2006, 02:13 PM
I don't know where you are, but I just drove past my local BBY and there is already a line forming. Hope you have a sleeping bag :)

Brutalis
11-23-2006, 02:26 PM
little rock.

we're not as bad as big cities i know but blah..

baseline bum
11-23-2006, 03:09 PM
What's on sale and what deal can be so good to wake up and get in a line @ 5AM?

MannyIsGod
11-23-2006, 03:33 PM
The deal on the TV I just got is pretty sweet. 999 for a great Panasonic plasma. I think they had some cheap laptops and desktops too. Nothing worth camping out for though, IMO.

MannyIsGod
11-23-2006, 03:36 PM
BTW, because management at Best Buy was able to piss me off (again) yesterday, I'll pimp Circuit City here. I ended up purchasing my TV at Best Buy only because they it went down as a loss for the store. JohnnyBlaze was with me and witnessed some of the worst customer service I've ever gotten at a retail store.

Most of Circuit City's sales are available online today. You can order it online today, and just do instore pickup for tomorrow and avoid the camping out and mad rush early in the morning.

baseline bum
11-23-2006, 08:58 PM
Damn... that 42" Panasonic 720p plasma for $999 is tempting.

Mr. Peabody
11-23-2006, 09:51 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking about going to BB as well, but I sure as hell don't want to camp out. I might try to get there at 4am, but that's the earliest I am going. I live not more than 5 minutes from the Best Buy by the airport and people were already standing around out front as of 1 hour ago.

mrsmaalox
11-23-2006, 10:19 PM
The BB by me had about 100 people in line at about 8pm tonight. And last year, I was there at 5am and the line went around the building; then I found out that you needed a coupon for the REALLY HOT deals and that the coupons were given out Thursday at 4pm! I don't know if that's how it works every where, but it didn't matter what time you got there--no coupon, no deal!

MannyIsGod
11-23-2006, 10:21 PM
If you're sitting at home reading this thread, you're probably not going to get that TV.

You can order it from CC for 1199 which is still a hell of a deal.

baseline bum
11-23-2006, 10:31 PM
:lol

Waiting for two PS3s so I can make $4G profit selling them online is one thing, but wasting a day off waiting to save $200 is ridiculous.

MannyIsGod
11-23-2006, 10:33 PM
Exactly. None of the deals came even close to flooring me enough to sit out there overnight for.

johngateswhiteley
11-23-2006, 11:10 PM
The deal on the TV I just got is pretty sweet. 999 for a great Panasonic plasma. I think they had some cheap laptops and desktops too. Nothing worth camping out for though, IMO.

...good choice, i love panasonic; that is my plasma as well. which one did you get for $999? i want to get a second one in about 6 months or so. anyway, i think panasonic easily has the best picture for the money...i think you'll like it.

fraga
11-23-2006, 11:27 PM
Damn... that 42" Panasonic 720p plasma for $999 is tempting.
If I didn't need a TV...THAT would be the one...great deal...but yeah...if you can read this..you're screwed...when I passed by CC and BB at around 5:30...there were at least 10 people in line in front of both on the ones on 410 near Ingram...

SequSpur
11-23-2006, 11:48 PM
BTW, because management at Best Buy was able to piss me off (again) yesterday, I'll pimp Circuit City here. I ended up purchasing my TV at Best Buy only because they it went down as a loss for the store. JohnnyBlaze was with me and witnessed some of the worst customer service I've ever gotten at a retail store.

Most of Circuit City's sales are available online today. You can order it online today, and just do instore pickup for tomorrow and avoid the camping out and mad rush early in the morning.

What Best Buy did you go to? I don't understand. How can anyone have a hard time at a Best Buy? Fuck, if you don't like it then go somewhere else. When I go to the store, I go to the place where I can get out, go to point A and B and get home and set my shit up. Where did you fall off the route?

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-24-2006, 12:08 AM
What Best Buy did you go to? I don't understand. How can anyone have a hard time at a Best Buy? Fuck, if you don't like it then go somewhere else. When I go to the store, I go to the place where I can get out, go to point A and B and get home and set my shit up. Where did you fall off the route?

Well, first off, it took them literally an hour after the transaction was completed before we walked out of there with the TV.

They gave us some crap story about not being able to go out of the store to load the TV (when I was parked with my gate down outside the door right in front of the exit - and the LP and Inventory guy from the store we were at last weekend loaded the TV in my truck).

BTW, this was 201 (North Star) yesterday and we went to the new store at 1604/281/Gold Canyon last week.

And while I said a few times to just go to Circuit City, Manny had a good point in that BB was taking a loss (don't know exactly how much, but it needed multiple approvals for that big of a price match) and we might as well make BB unhappy in that sense if they're going to give us that much of a hard time.

SequSpur
11-24-2006, 12:16 AM
I've bought a TV and refrigerator at the Best Buy at Ingram and they helped me load both of them. In fact, they didn't help me, they did it. I've bought a TV at Lacantera also and they loaded it.

I guess I never will.

MannyIsGod
11-24-2006, 12:17 AM
What Best Buy did you go to? I don't understand. How can anyone have a hard time at a Best Buy? Fuck, if you don't like it then go somewhere else. When I go to the store, I go to the place where I can get out, go to point A and B and get home and set my shit up. Where did you fall off the route?I went to retun the TV I bought last week. I was going to return it and pay the difference on the new one. I'd called to make sure they had them in stock and to make sure I could do this. Rep told me over the phone this was a no brainer, just bring it in and we'll take care of you. Asked what I needed to bring in for the price match and rep says nothing. Ok, sweet.

I get there, CS tells me they'll have to credit my card and I'll have to pay the price full. Fine, whatever, but that wasn't what I was told when I had just called. No big deal though, I just want my damn TV. (BTW, refund still isn't showing in my account but I got an email confirming the return so I"m assuming thats only because of the holiday and my bank processing everything slowly). I had gotten a free DVD recorder when I made the initial purchase, and I didn't want to lose that because I was still buying a TV over 999 which was the requirement for the free DVD recorder. Well, CS says to go back there and if I have any problems to tell them to notify the CS rep because she knows whats up.

OK.

Go to the back, takes a while to get service. Whatever, no problem Joe and I walk around look at the other TVs. Well, I finally tell the guy what I want, and which TV I want, and I tell him about the price match. No problem right?

Manger comes up to do the price match, takes forever verifying it even though 2 of his reps tell him they've done it earlier this week. Looks it up online and its verified. He says I can't do the free DVD recorder because it was last weeks promo, but if its been extended or if there is another promo he could do it. Well, turns out there was another promo. Pull up the site and it says any TV over 999 gets a free under the counter Phillips DVD player. Ok, ring that bitch up per the mangers orders.

New rep takes a while getting everything together but that wasn't a problem. Dude was new, seemed like a nice guy and was personable. Joe and I shot the shit with him. Well, here comes Gary fucking Romel to rain on my parade. First dude won't do the price match until he confirms it. GARY YOUR BOSS JUST DID THAT. Takes more time confirming it. Then he won't do the free DVD player because I'm getting a price match. Says I either take the TV at 1799 without the price match and whats probably an 80 dollar item or I take the price match. I ask him whats to stop me from purchasing this TV online for full price with the free item then doing the price match with their 30 day policy AND pocketing 10% of the difference. He says that I won't be able to do that. (which is WRONG. I found this out later when I reviewed the price matchign policy online. They would deduct the value of the product and then price match from there, but I WOULD be able to price match)

I asked him for a copy of his price matching policy and he directs me to the blue board on the wall in the front of the store. Well, the blue board doesn't have the fucking pirce match policy on there, and it directs you to a copy of the policy which is what I asked for. At this point, I've resigned to forgo getting an item I was just going to sell on eBay so I could get my TV. I would have taken my business to Circuit City at that point, but Gary Romel and the previous manager had mentioned that they were taking a loss on the TV so at this point I wanted to buy the TV here so that it could show up as a loss on their daily numbers. They didn't give a shit if I was a satisfied customer becuase they would prefer I wasn't a customer at all. Both Joe and their rep commented to that effect, and it makes perfect sense. They did their best to get me to leave without selling me the TV.

Anyhow, I pay for the TV and we go to the front of the store. I talk to another manger there who kinda interupted me and interjected himself in my conversation. He gives me the same incorrect information about buying something online with a free item and price matching. Whatever, just bring me my TV so I can get that shit home.

Of course, we stand in the front of the store for about 30 fucking minutes because it takes them forever to get it. I don't get it, I walk into places like Circuit City and get better customer service in regards to questions about products being answered, speed, and price. I don't get why Best Buy does things this way. I didn't even bother asking for credit for my 10 dollar coupon that I used on the initial purchase, because I knew it was hopeless.

MannyIsGod
11-24-2006, 12:19 AM
I've bought a TV and refrigerator at the Best Buy at Ingram and they helped me load both of them. In fact, they didn't help me, they did it. I've bought a TV at Lacantera also and they loaded it.

I guess I never will.Well, they probably didn't think you could handle it. :lol

Nah, the fucker told me they weren't allowed to go into the parking lot. WTF? The truck is on the curb. I can't remember if they loaded it at the Best Buy at 1604 when we went and got the first TV, but these fuckers didn't want to give me SHIT for service.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-24-2006, 12:20 AM
So you did get screwed on the PS3 debacle after all? :lmao

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-24-2006, 12:21 AM
Well, they probably didn't think you could handle it. :lol

Nah, the fucker told me they weren't allowed to go into the parking lot. WTF? The truck is on the curb. I can't remember if they loaded it at the Best Buy at 1604 when we went and got the first TV, but these fuckers didn't want to give me SHIT for service.

The LP guy and the inventory guy walked out to my truck and helped up settle it in the truck (because that's when the inventory guy commented on the two guys sitting outside for the PS3).

MannyIsGod
11-24-2006, 12:22 AM
Thats right.

MannyIsGod
11-24-2006, 12:23 AM
So you did get screwed on the PS3 debacle after all? :lmaoNot to mention that if they had just made me pay the difference, I would have had the money in my account to buy a PS3 there too! Best Buy has reemed me hard over the past 2 weeks.

SequSpur
11-24-2006, 12:24 AM
dude, you should've stayed on the Southside.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-24-2006, 12:26 AM
dude, you should've stayed on the Southside.

We told them we would fight them at the HEB on Zarzamora, but they were too scared to accept.

MannyIsGod
11-24-2006, 12:27 AM
:lol

Joe wanted to go to one on the Southside. But the other one was closer. I fucked up. Well, I have no reason to buy something at Best Buy any longer. I bought the original TV there because they were the only ones that carried it in the area. I bought this one there because I wanted to return the other one and pay the difference and when that didn't work out I wanted them to take a loss.

No more.

MannyIsGod
11-24-2006, 12:27 AM
Joe, lets go fuck with the campers. We can drive by and try to sell them Tacos.

SequSpur
11-24-2006, 12:29 AM
Did you buy an HDMI cable also?

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-24-2006, 12:29 AM
Joe, lets go fuck with the campers. We can drive by and try to sell them Tacos.

Only if we can rape their wallets on the extras like salsa, salt, pepper, napkins, service plans if their taco fails to digest correctly, etc.

MannyIsGod
11-24-2006, 12:30 AM
"Would you like the extended warranty on your Taco for 75 cents?"

MannyIsGod
11-24-2006, 12:31 AM
Did you buy an HDMI cable also?Time Warner gave me one. The only HDMI device I have is the cable box. My DVD player is just a progressive scan, it isn't upconverting so I have it hooked up via component.

SequSpur
11-24-2006, 12:31 AM
the best thing is to buy a case of beer and then go sell it for $2 a bottle.

SequSpur
11-24-2006, 12:32 AM
Time Warner gave me one. The only HDMI device I have is the cable box. My DVD player is just a progressive scan, it isn't upconverting so I have it hooked up via component.

i am using the s video for now... those cables are expensive.

MannyIsGod
I promise you I'd make more with a TACO truck there than a beer tub. Those motherfuckers would love some breakfast tacos right now.

Johnny_Blaze_47
the best thing is to buy a case of beer and then go sell it for $2 a bottle.

Interesting...

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-24-2006, 12:33 AM
I promise you I'd make more with a TACO truck there than a beer tub. Those motherfuckers would love some breakfast tacos right now.

Why not both?

MannyIsGod
i am using the s video for now... those cables are expensive.You should use component video at least. Svideo sucks.

MannyIsGod
Why not both?Fine, but I'm not price matching the Taco if you get a free beer.

Johnny_Blaze_47
You know, if we had a harem of women, we could sell them to the people at Brutalis' Best Buy as "their sisters."

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-24-2006, 12:34 AM
Fine, but I'm not price matching the Taco if you get a free beer.

Fuck you. I'm writing a letter.

MannyIsGod
11-24-2006, 12:34 AM
BTW, with the new CC price on my TV, I think I'm going to go price match that bitch on Saturday. Same store too. I might even say hi to Gary.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-24-2006, 12:36 AM
BTW, with the new CC price on my TV, I think I'm going to go price match that bitch on Saturday. Same store too. I might even say hi to Gary.

Ask him what it's like to be demoted from District Manager to sub-GM (speaking of which, AHF may know him, too).

Also, Manny...Google "Best Buy" and "Gary Romel." Hilarity will ensue.

MannyIsGod
11-24-2006, 12:42 AM
:lmao

MannyIsGod
11-24-2006, 12:46 AM
Any thread with the words "Best Buy" in it is sure to have some pissed off posts by Manny.LOL

Man, thats why I was hesitant to post anything. But seriously, Joe was there. They were all kinds of fucked up.

KEDA
11-24-2006, 04:50 AM
which store was this?

North Star or 281/1604??

baseline bum
11-24-2006, 12:18 PM
I'm shocked... they advertised a 250GB PATA hard drive for $60, and said there would be 10 in stock minimum on the web site. I figured I'd check it out since I needed to buy a USB cable for my PSP. I just went (9:00AM Pacific), and they must have had at least 20 of those 250GB drives on display. I'm shocked they actually would have an advertised special that good in stock 4 hours after opening on Black Friday. $20 cheaper than the best deal on newegg.com for a 250GB PATA hard drive with a 16MB cache. And the girl dropped it after only one request for my to sign up for some Best Buy Rewards crap when I told her I'm not interested in any of that stuff on top of that. I don't think I've bought gum at Best Buy without getting at least 2 requests for that crap whenever I've gone before.

Useruser666
11-24-2006, 12:20 PM
On a side note, I purchased BF2142 from the BB at the forum. When I opened the game it had a card in it that stated something like:

"When you install this game we are going to put info gathering and ad software on your computer. If you don't want that then don't install the game."

Well, I installed the game anyway, and it sucked for several reasons. (not graphics related) So I wanted to take the game back. Yes, I know that you can't take opened software back to BB, but I went anyway.

Well, I explained to the CS guy about the card and how it says nothing about the ad/info gathering software on the outside of the box. He went behind the magic curtain and explained that since it was opened, I couldn't return it. I politely asked, "I don't want to cause a hassle, but can I talk the manager?" He called the manager without a fuss. After about 4 minutes, the manager came up and I explained what had happened. It went straight over his head. I also asked him if I could simply exchange the game for another title. He agreed and told me to just pick out another one.

I ended up picking a copy of F.E.A.R., which is a truly an awesome game in every since. I also got $15 back on the deal. Not too bad an exchange IMO.

midgetonadonkey
11-24-2006, 01:31 PM
I waited at the new one across from South Park Mall and got the $379 hp laptop. I got number 12 out of 12. I got out there at 6:45pm and got home at 6am this morning.