PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday makes me blue

angel_luv
11-24-2006, 05:05 AM
I have to report in at the mall this morning at 4:45 am. Thanks Shoppers! :toast :rolleyes

I dedicate the following to all the early ( cough- dodo) birds who made this necessary.

My Least Favorite Things

Cash registers ringing, receipts being given
Sales on scarves and warm woolen mittens
Early bird specials and the shoppers they bring
These are a few of my least favorite things

Cream colored cars with the keys locked inside them
People describing their kid to me cause they can't find him
Endless lines from my desk to the door,
These are the things that I find a bore!

People asking for endless directions
That they don't listen to bringing them back again.
Packages left behind, drinks on the floor.
So aggrivating- can't take it any more!

When black Friday comes
Makes me so sad. Really I could cry
Why come to the mall at five in the morning
Those tacky sweaters you crave so bad,
Will still be there at nine.

ShoogarBear
11-24-2006, 02:49 PM
:lol Did you write this?

angel_luv
11-24-2006, 03:13 PM
Yes I did. :)

clambake
11-24-2006, 03:30 PM
I don't know how you do it. The constant refolding of clothing. Good luck. I promise not to bother you today.

angel_luv
11-24-2006, 03:38 PM
I don't know how you do it. The constant refolding of clothing. Good luck. I promise not to bother you today.

Actually I sell gift cards in the mall info center, but I do fold all the envelopes they go in. :)

I feel bad for people who work in clothing stores. I know it would drive me nuts to constantly have the clothes I folded messed up.

Melmart1
11-24-2006, 03:39 PM
That's awesome, Angel! Very creative!

angel_luv
11-24-2006, 03:40 PM
Thanks Mel. :)

Carie
11-25-2006, 03:08 AM
Hope you made it through the day okay!

dallaskd
11-25-2006, 03:17 AM
black friday? rasicist... i dont go to the early bird sales, to lazy and you dont save enough to make your time useful.

angel_luv
11-25-2006, 02:31 PM
I think it is called black Friday because many a retailer has been known to black out from exhaustion after working all that day. :lol

Carie- The day was not so bad as I expected. I was getting off just as the crowds were their most crazy. :)

1Parker1
11-25-2006, 06:01 PM
:lol I LOVED Black Friday...though I didn't find as many good deals this season as in years past. I was up at 5am and my friends and I hit TWO malls ?(of course we treated ourselves to a big breakfast at IHOP afterwards :) )
I got some good deals at Macy's, Express, and New York & Co. Weirdest thing I found was that Bath & Body works was trying to sell me their new MP3 player, which looked really nice, btw, for only $25 bucks with about 100 songs already preloaded on it. I thought it was a little weird...

Anyone else find anything good?

1Parker1
11-25-2006, 06:02 PM
PS Sorry about your horrible Black Friday experiences, Angel_luv. I've been there, done that back in the day when I worked in retail too. It sucks big time...I live right near a Best Buy and people were camped out there the night before. And people shopping in the morning on Black Friday do tend to be rude...especially those parents looking to buy the "coolest" $200 toy for their kid :rolleyes

angel_luv
11-25-2006, 07:15 PM
Well if I had cool people like you to sell to I would be all excited about Black Friday. I am glad you had fun. Thanks for whatever great gift you bought me. :)

1Parker1
11-25-2006, 07:40 PM
Well if I had cool people like you to sell to I would be all excited about Black Friday. I am glad you had fun. Thanks for whatever great gift you bought me. :)

:lol A plane ticket to Toronto cannot be bought at the mall. Neither can Rasho...:angel

angel_luv
11-25-2006, 08:28 PM
:lol A plane ticket to Toronto cannot be bought at the mall. Neither can Rasho...:angel

But a fantistic new do and killer dress- the one that will knock the Shos-sters socks off can. :)

midgetonadonkey
11-25-2006, 08:38 PM
I was cold. I waited out in front of Best Buy and forgot a blanket.

1Parker1
11-25-2006, 08:41 PM
I was cold. I waited out in front of Best Buy and forgot a blanket.

I can't believe you waited in line at Best Buy!! How long did you stand there for?

angel_luv
11-25-2006, 08:43 PM
The only time I ever stood in line at Best Buy, in the pouring rain no less, was 2005 when Robert was there at midnight signing championship dvds. Good times. :)

midgetonadonkey
11-25-2006, 08:44 PM
I can't believe you waited in line at Best Buy!! How long did you stand there for?

I got there at 630 Thursday night and got my laptop at around 530 am. They only had 12 and I got number 12. I'm still trying to figure out if it was worth it.

angel_luv
11-25-2006, 08:55 PM
How good of a deal did you get? I didn't bother looking at ads since I had to work.

ZStomp
11-25-2006, 11:09 PM
I got there at 630 Thursday night and got my laptop at around 530 am. They only had 12 and I got number 12. I'm still trying to figure out if it was worth it.

What laptop?

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-25-2006, 11:15 PM
I have to report in at the mall this morning at 4:45 am. Thanks Shoppers! :toast :rolleyes

I dedicate the following to all the early ( cough- dodo) birds who made this necessary.

My Least Favorite Things

Cash registers ringing, receipts being given
Sales on scarves and warm woolen mittens
Early bird specials and the shoppers they bring
These are a few of my least favorite things

Cream colored cars with the keys locked inside them
People describing their kid to me cause they can't find him
Endless lines from my desk to the door,
These are the things that I find a bore!

People asking for endless directions
That they don't listen to bringing them back again.
Packages left behind, drinks on the floor.
So aggrivating- can't take it any more!

When black Friday comes
Makes me so sad. Really I could cry
Why come to the mall at five in the morning
Those tacky sweaters you crave so bad,
Will still be there at nine.
My dad was working in his station at the HEB gas station and this lady went crazy and started trying tear down the station because she wanted milk at the gas station and didn't wanna go inside. :wtf

1Parker1
11-26-2006, 10:39 AM

:wow You camped out there the night before??? I saw a dozen or so people do that at the Best Buy near my house (in Philly...) and I thought to myself, "what kind of crazy person would do that....?"

Now I know.

:) :lol

1Parker1
11-26-2006, 10:39 AM
BTW, What kind of laptop was it, and what deal did you get? I can't believe they only had 12....