PDA

View Full Version : Getting Garnett?

ducks
11-24-2006, 10:11 AM
Knicks notebook
Thursday, November 23, 2006

KG at 30

Kevin Garnett is 30 now, as hard as that may be to believe, and he is on the record saying he doesn't want to endure another rebuilding program. With the Timberwolves losers of six of seven games before Wednesday's vs. the Knicks, KG watchers don't wonder if but when he asks out of Minnesota.

He didn't do that Wednesday, nor address the often-asked possibility of reuniting in New York with Stephon Marbury. All he said about his former teammate was, "Our chemistry was great," and he no longer wonders what might have happened if the two had stayed together in Minnesota.

Whether it's the grumpiness that can come with turning 30 or the sight of New York-area reporters, Garnett basically spoke in generalities Wednesday, particularly when asked what he thought about the chemistry of the Marbury-Steve Francis backcourt.

Getting Garnett?

If the Knicks were to pursue a trade for Garnett (who's making $21 million this season and is due $46 million the following two, but can opt out after next season), it would almost certainly require dealing Francis ($15.1 million), Channing Frye ($2.3 million) and at least one other salary in the range of Quentin Richardson's $6.9 million or Jamal Crawford's $7.2 million.

And if the T-Wolves did decide to move KG, it's likely they would demand that the Knicks (or any other team) take on the long-term commitments to players such as Marko Jaric (five years, $33 million), Troy Hudson (four years, $23.5 million) or Trenton Hassell (four years, $17.2 million) in a larger deal.

Minnesota heat wave

Marbury has always said that one of the main reasons he left Minnesota had nothing to do with Garnett, rather it was the cold weather.

For the record, at 1 p.m. local time (2 p.m. Eastern time) Wednesday, according to the Weather Channel Web site, the temperature in Minneapolis was 47 degrees. In Central Park, it was 45.

"Crazy, right?" he said.

-- Steve Adamek
http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcnk3ZjczN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXkxMjcmZmdi ZWw3Zjd2cWVlRUV5eTcwMjQ3MzcmeXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZU VFeXk2

TDMVPDPOY
11-24-2006, 11:31 AM
i hope he doesnt win a ring, seriously!

JMarkJohns
11-24-2006, 12:56 PM
i hope he doesnt win a ring, seriously!

So then you hope he is traded to the Knicks :lol

No Knicks team is winning a Title as long as Thomas is the GM and coach.

E20
11-24-2006, 05:30 PM
How cold is Minneosta.

Spurs16212
11-24-2006, 05:52 PM
Can you imagine if Isiah was actually able to pull off that trade which I doubt.... Why would KG want to go to a horrible situation that is developing in New York.

An interesting trade could send KG to LA for Lamar Odom and another solid contract. I am not a Kobe fan at all but it would be a solid tandem.....

Or KG can stay miserable in Minnesota and ponder on what could have been....

Fabbs
11-24-2006, 06:11 PM
If MN was gonna take on crap deals like Francis and Q Richardson it would have to be their contacts are expiring soon. Are they?

As for the Flamers, yeah I'm sure LA would be delighted to get Garnett for Odom and a contract. :rolleyes

If and when this Garnett talk ever comes about, MN should hold out for the best deal possible.

TDMVPDPOY
11-24-2006, 11:28 PM
that dude doesnt deserve to win a ring, wtf is he complainin now? tell him to go eat a dik for signin that huge contract in teh first place, had he known where his heart was and focus on team needs instead of individual needs....then his team wouldve been able to build around him with the cap flexibility