PDA

View Full Version : AHF, Allow Me...

MannyIsGod
11-24-2006, 10:41 PM
Pop is the reason for the loss tonight. Not the no call on Finley, not the bad play by our starting guards, but Pop.

He played Horry for entirely too many minutes and the decision to go to him for the last shot was horrible. His zone defense in the 2nd quarter was a horrible decision as well.

He just seems to outcoach himself against the Mavs. He needs to stick with the same gameplan and stop trying out stupid shit each and every time.

Pop, this one's on you.

E20
11-24-2006, 10:43 PM
SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DOwn by 3 and we get no good look at a 3. The second Tony got the ball after that miss by Horry, he should have shot that shit, he was on, it would have gone in.

FUCK

leemajors
11-24-2006, 10:44 PM
if the spurs knock down more of those open shots this isn't an issue. manu going out really hurt and that was a huge factor.

ChumpDumper
11-24-2006, 10:44 PM
I blame Pop for giving up all those threes.

Manu20
11-24-2006, 10:45 PM
But the lineup of oberto, horry, vaughn, bowen, and finley to start the 4th was brilliant!! :shootme

Texas_Ranger
I'm sorry to say this but: Pop SUCKS big tonight. How in the hell could he play those players on the start of the 4th quarter. That just stinks.

Buddy Holly
the decision to go to him for the last shot was horrible.

The play was not for him. It was for Barry, but he couldn't get open so Horry shot it.

But yeah, he played way to long.

E20
11-24-2006, 10:46 PM
But, you can't say that it was Pop's fault for the horrendus 1st quarter and the 1st half of the 2nd quarter. There was no defense and the Mavs were just nailing their threes like layups.

George Gervin's Afro
11-24-2006, 10:46 PM
I didn't like what the offense looked like when Tim was out of the game.. High pick & rolls with TP..that was it... I actually thoght overall we played a pretty good game but the mavs made one more shot than we did..

Shaolin-Style
11-24-2006, 10:47 PM
The lineup to start the 4th was just plain terrible. He had a group with very limited offense, and they suffered for it. Vaughn after his first wild drive was a bad choice.

And I'm still not sure what was wrong with Elson, but he played so well against the mavs the first game, and having Horry play instead of him for so long was just lame.

Buddy Holly
11-24-2006, 10:47 PM
I agree, I couldn't believe he left those players in to start the fourth.

Spurs Brazil
11-24-2006, 10:48 PM
if the spurs knock down more of those open shots this isn't an issue. manu going out really hurt and that was a huge factor.

I agree, Manu would start the 4th quarter and instead that bad lineup started and give us nothing for 3 minutes

George Gervin's Afro
11-24-2006, 10:48 PM
The lineup to start the 4th was just plain terrible. He had a group with very limited offense, and they suffered for it. Vaughn after his first wild drive was a bad choice.

And I'm still not sure what was wrong with Elson, but he played so well against the mavs the first game, and having Horry play instead of him for so long was just lame.

Actually I think it was more of Oberto playing well then something being wrong with Elson

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
11-24-2006, 10:49 PM
But the lineup of oberto, horry, vaughn, bowen, and finley to start the 4th was brilliant!! :shootme

Pop was awful tonight, he must have a mental block vs. AJ or something

Dre_7
The shot wasnt for Horry.

But if Manu and Tony show up, Spurs win, plain and simple. Parker waited til way too late in the 4th to play aggresive and not turn the ball over. Manu looked good in the first few minutes, but then fell off. SA's backcourt is the main reason for the loss.

ps- It is official, if Dirk fouls in the final seconds of a game they wont call it. :lol

Spurologist

DOwn by 3 and we get no good look at a 3. The second Tony got the ball after that miss by Horry, he should have shot that shit, he was on, it would have gone in.

FUCK

and then what?? The fucking tp haters would be growing by the numbers. "Tony should have passed it to FIN. That fucker"

TDMVPDPOY
this is teh same bs pop pulled on the mavs last season which cost us the series, fuck small ball, play with ur normal rotation, dont try and change ur gameplan adjusting to the opponent, stick to the plan that won you fuckn 60 games!!

and wtf was that bs in the first 4mins of the 4quarter with scrubs playin against the mavs, even though both teams didnt score, but still we should be makin a run....

leemajors
one thing i will fault pop for is his lack of on the fly adjustments - he also left that duncanless group on the floor way too long to end the first and start the second. we also need to start getting something out of finley consistently, fast...

MannyIsGod
11-24-2006, 10:51 PM
Yes, there were other factors, but the fact is that Pop does this when we play the Mavs. His zone in the 2nd quarter absolutely killed the Spurs run. It allowed the Mavs to hit several open 3s. They had just started to do a good job with man to man and they start to run a zone? It makes no sense.

Horry gave you nothing in the first half, yet he got extended floor time in the 2nd at which point he also gave you nothing. Then you have him in on the last shot and with 10 seconds he tosses in a horrible shot. Yeah, I know Horry's history as well as any other NBA fan but he doesn't hit off balance 3s with someone in your face. There was still 10 seconds on the clock and no reason for him to take that shot. Horry has shown absolutely NOTHING this year.

Pop also used bad lineups for extende portions in this game. It was painfully obvious how much trouble these lineups were having and he kept them in.

I don't bitch about Pop much at all, because I feel for the most part he does a really good job. But I don't know if AJ is in his head or what the deal is, but against the Mavericks he makes too many changes that end up doing more harm than good. Whether its a zone defense or small ball, its the same result time after time.

The Spurs were in this game at the end IN SPITE OF Pops coaching, not because of it.

whottt
11-24-2006, 10:52 PM
ps- It is official, if Dirk fouls in the final seconds of a game they wont call it. :lol

Or travels...I wonder what it would take for them to call a travel on him...

Spurologist
Pop is playing Larry Brown style basketball. Play the lottery on the bench to see who gets to play.

When the spurs play Dallas, Elson's minutes must be greater than >>>>>>>>>>>. Horry's minutes. ALWAYS.

TDMVPDPOY

But if Manu and Tony show up, Spurs win, plain and simple. Parker waited til way too late in the 4th to play aggresive and not turn the ball over. Manu looked good in the first few minutes, but then fell off. SA's backcourt is the main reason for the loss.

seriously a guy shootin 27%, i woudnt even pass it to him, i rather have someone else shoot it.

seriously trade horry

leemajors
11-24-2006, 10:53 PM
where was beno btw? not complaining, vaughn did great but i didn't see beno at all. back in the doghouse?

MannyIsGod
11-24-2006, 10:53 PM

ps- It is official, if Dirk fouls in the final seconds of a game they wont call it. :lolA coach's job is to make adjustments that help your team when your best players DON'T show up. If it were as easy as just putting hte best players out on the court every game then wtf do they need coaches for?

E20
11-24-2006, 10:55 PM
I saw the play they ran for Barry, too bad it didn't work. I think they were trying to inbound the ball to Barry, have Barry pass the ball back to the inbounder, back pedal for a 3 while his defender is getting back-picked by Duncan.

Spurologist
11-24-2006, 10:56 PM
where was beno btw? not complaining, vaughn did great but i didn't see beno at all. back in the doghouse?

Because of the severity of Beno's play, his status has been downgraded to the bitch-house.

whottt
11-24-2006, 10:56 PM
I blame Pop for giving up all those threes.

Don't even try that....

Defend Vaughn, Horry, Finley, Oberto and Bowen....

I want to hear you defend that huge lump of shit.

Do it...I dare you.

Dre_7
11-24-2006, 10:57 PM
Or travels...I wonder what it would take for them to call a travel on him...

Also, Dirk will never get the foul called against at the end of a tight game, but Harris will. :lol maybe AJ should have Harris on the bench and use Dirk to defend whoever is takin the final shot for a team. Give a lil foul and game over. :lol

dknights411
I personally don't know about the 4th quarter lineup. If you're gonna roll the dice a little, better do it in November. If it worked, then Pop's a genius. It didn't quite work tonight, so he's an idiot. I personally try to stay away from these types of things. Oh well, at least we stayed competitive. That's all I ask from the Spurs night in and night out (it's how I stomach a loss, anyway :) ).

But still, the Spurs better not dwell on this one too much. We have 3 games in the next 4 days, including a trip to Utah. :dizzy

ChumpDumper
Don't even try that....I did. Pop made his mistakes but he didn't dig the 17 point hole.

E20
How long of the 4th quarter did those 5 play, I wasn't paying attention to the time, but resting Tim and Tony was a must. There was no Manu. I would have liked Barry more than Finley. Elson more than Horry.

MannyIsGod
11-24-2006, 10:58 PM
Don't even try that....

Defend Vaughn, Horry, Finley, Oberto and Bowen....

I want to hear you defend that huge lump of shit.

Do it...I dare you.No shit. I don't think anyone out there can defend some of the decisions that Pop made tonight. They were pretty damn horrible.

MannyIsGod
I did. Pop made his mistakes but he didn't dig the 17 point hole.No, his mistakes just helped keep them in it longer.

dimsah
Whottt. Take that Mav jersey off of your avatar. It's screwing up Fin's mojo.

George Gervin's Afro
11-24-2006, 10:59 PM
Because of the severity of Beno's play, his status has been downgraded to the bitch-house.

And this is putting it nicely

MannyIsGod
11-24-2006, 10:59 PM
How long of the 4th quarter did those 5 play, I wasn't paying attention to the time, but resting Tim and Tony was a must. There was no Manu. I would have liked Barry more than Finley. Elson more than Horry.Oberto did not return untill the 6 minute mark in the fourth. Barry came in a little before.

They played for a good 4 minutes with that lineup. Tim had already been out for a good period of time, he could have brought him in at least 2 - 3 minutes earlier.

jbspurs
11-24-2006, 11:01 PM
All we need is Elson to guard Dirk on closing min. and we'll get the W.

whottt
11-24-2006, 11:01 PM
I personally don't know about the 4th quarter lineup. If you're gonna roll the dice a little, better do it in November. Who knows why, but at least we stayed competitive. That's all I ask from the Spurs night in and night out.

But still, the Spurs better not dwell on this one too much. We have 3 games in the next 4 days, including a trip to Utah.

Pop wasn't rolling the dice with the Bowen, Vaughn, Oberto, Horry and Finley lineup...

He was swan diving off the edge of stupidity...

I mean if you deliberately tried to pick a shittier fitting lineup of players out of our roster you couldn't do it, based on talent type, rustiness, poor shooting at the current moment...and Pop put that fucking lineup in right after we had got back in the game. And then he doesn't even run the offense through the fucking hot guy of that group...he lets Vaugn, a guy whose offense in his prime makes Bruce look like Jordan, make like AI.

Horrible, horrible, there is no defending that lineup. You couldn't pick a worse lineup if you were trying to throw the game.

Manu20
11-24-2006, 11:04 PM
How long of the 4th quarter did those 5 play, I wasn't paying attention to the time, but resting Tim and Tony was a must. There was no Manu. I would have liked Barry more than Finley. Elson more than Horry.

Parker went to the bench with 3 minutes to go in the 3Q. That should have been enough rest for him.

MannyIsGod
11-24-2006, 11:05 PM
I'm waiting for Tpark to come in here and defend him.

TDMVPDPOY
11-24-2006, 11:05 PM

was around 4mins= but both teams didnt score i think, maybe 2 pts each durin that timespan, but still....=lame

TDMVPDPOY
11-24-2006, 11:07 PM

seriously im the biggest parker hater on this board, but these parker trolls wont accept the truth and criticisms about his game, imagine if this was a playoff game :(

E20
11-24-2006, 11:08 PM
When TD rests like the first 3-5 minutes of the 4th, Pop should know that in a game with this kind of caliber and score, he has to play the whole 4th and rest during the ending minutes of the 3rd. Duncan is healthy, so I see no problem in playing him like a dog when we don't have back-to-back to play.

MannyIsGod
11-24-2006, 11:10 PM
When TD rests like the first 3-5 minutes of the 4th, Pop should know that in a game with this kind of caliber and score, he has to play the whole 4th and rest during the ending minutes of the 3rd. Duncan is healthy, so I see no problem in playing him like a dog when we don't have back-to-back to play.FUCKING EXACTLY.

This is not your average November game, and everyone out there knew it. This game is more important than any other game the Spurs will play this month. He needed to pull out the stops.

xamila rey
11-24-2006, 11:11 PM
No shit. I don't think anyone out there can defend some of the decisions that Pop made tonight. They were pretty damn horrible.

I hate that line up too. i just dont get why Pop put those players at the same time.
The only positive thing that i found is that comparing last year, now we got Oberto, that really play awsemone tonight

George Gervin's Afro
11-24-2006, 11:12 PM
seriously im the biggest parker hater on this board, but these parker trolls wont accept the truth and criticisms about his game, imagine if this was a playoff game :(

I'm a big parker hater but overall I think TP played well.

MannyIsGod
11-24-2006, 11:14 PM
Parker came up well late in the game. I also think he should have taken that shot instead of passing it, but I do think he finished the game very strong. I didn't like the travel call against him and I liked it even less when Dirk was allowed to walk just about a minute later.

He could have done things better early, but I'm glad he at least showed up.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-24-2006, 11:15 PM
Pop is playing Larry Brown style basketball. Play the lottery on the bench to see who gets to play.

When the spurs play Dallas, Elson's minutes must be greater than >>>>>>>>>>>. Horry's minutes. ALWAYS.

EVERYONE'S minutes should be greater than Horry's ALWAYS

Dre_7
11-24-2006, 11:16 PM
When TD rests like the first 3-5 minutes of the 4th, Pop should know that in a game with this kind of caliber and score, he has to play the whole 4th and rest during the ending minutes of the 3rd. Duncan is healthy, so I see no problem in playing him like a dog when we don't have back-to-back to play.

I agree. Also, if Pop decides he is gonna rest TD, he at least needs to put someone in the game that can create their own shot (or any kind of offense for that matter :lol). Poor lineup to start the 4th.

TDMVPDPOY
11-24-2006, 11:21 PM

i dont know why pop is tryin to limit duncans mins to 30-35mpgs :(:( probably savin him for the playoffs, but this is one of those games where we gotto make a statement to the top teams in the league that they cant come in our house and expect a win.

braeden0613
11-24-2006, 11:23 PM
I agree. Pop learned absolutely nothing from last year. This game was a carbon copy of the playoffs.

Bruno
11-24-2006, 11:24 PM
Pop has been really bad, especially on how he used Spurs' bigs.

George Gervin's Afro
11-24-2006, 11:26 PM
I agree. Also, if Pop decides he is gonna rest TD, he at least needs to put someone in the game that can create their own shot (or any kind of offense for that matter :lol). Poor lineup to start the 4th.

We do have that player in Manu..unfortunately he was AWOL tonight..

MarkyMark
11-24-2006, 11:31 PM
Parker really hurt us in the 4th. Instead of going to Tim, who was hot, he was taking outside shots. I know he made a couple of them, but it seems he's going more to his jumpshot instead of driving to the basket. And where the heck was Elson tonight? Wasn't he our Mav killer last time around?

bdictjames
11-24-2006, 11:34 PM
Parker really hurt us in the 4th. Instead of going to Tim, who was hot, he was taking outside shots. I know he made a couple of them, but it seems he's going more to his jumpshot instead of driving to the basket. And where the heck was Elson tonight? Wasn't he our Mav killer last time around?
Diop was inside. If it was Dampier Duncan would have no prob taking the short two

Buddy Holly
11-24-2006, 11:34 PM
Spurs are 0-2 when Horry gets big minutes.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-24-2006, 11:35 PM
Diop was inside. If it was Dampier Duncan would have no prob taking the short two

yes, see my Duncan vs Diop thread

RS189
11-24-2006, 11:39 PM
Horry almost drilled that last 3

MannyIsGod
11-24-2006, 11:39 PM
Horry almost drilled that last 3:lmao

TDMVPDPOY
11-24-2006, 11:41 PM

His done that every fuckn game, thats one of the parts to his game i also hate, he thinks his got a good shooting touch with a high % shot every time his free or gone pass a screen, and they you will see a player next to him thats wide open who has a better shot than him with there hands up why didnt he pass the ball on their face. Ask Gino he always gets that treatment.

jbspurs
11-24-2006, 11:43 PM
Correct me if Im wrong. Why is Finley going to shoot a fadeaway on the last possession? Instead of jumping towards Dirk. Ginobli need to teach him how to foul bait!!

SequSpur
11-24-2006, 11:44 PM
Robert Horry sucks.

MannyIsGod
11-24-2006, 11:45 PM
His done that every fuckn game, thats one of the parts to his game i also hate, he thinks his got a good shooting touch with a high % shot every time his free or gone pass a screen, and they you will see a player next to him thats wide open who has a better shot than him with there hands up why didnt he pass the ball on their face. Ask Gino he always gets that treatment.Your post is completely incorrect. Parker finds players all the time. He doesn't always make the right pass, but he's not ever going to be Jason Kidd so stop expecting that from him.

Parker played a solid fourth quarter.

MannyIsGod
Robert Horry sucks.Damn stright. Dude is finished.

SequSpur
Dude, Parker is the best player in the NBA.

T Park
11-24-2006, 11:48 PM
Dude is finished

i disagree.

hes shown in some games that hes still got his shot.

I mean, missing that layup was straight up Rasho esque, but Im not writing Horry off yet.

Thats foolish.

EJFischer
11-24-2006, 11:49 PM
And where the heck was Elson tonight? Wasn't he our Mav killer last time around?

Elson screwed up at least three posessions, and looked lost and confused while he did it. He let what would have been a brilliant feed from Barry just bounce off of him. Taking Elson out was one of the few lineup decisions tonight that really made sense. And after Oberto went back in, he played too well to justify giving Elson another shot.

SequSpur
11-24-2006, 11:49 PM
i disagree.

hes shown in some games that hes still got his shot.

I mean, missing that layup was straight up Rasho esque, but Im not writing Horry off yet.

Thats foolish.

WTF do you know anyway?

T Park
11-24-2006, 11:51 PM
Dude, Parker is the best player in the NBA.

not tonight he wasnt

MannyIsGod
11-25-2006, 12:13 AM
WTF has Horry shown you this year or last year for that matter?

samikeyp
11-25-2006, 12:14 AM
rarely do I call out Pop...but this time, I agree with Manny.

timvp
11-25-2006, 12:21 AM
Pop coached a horrible game. That lineup to end the third and to begin the fourth was like he was trying to lose the game. Not letting Elson guard Dirk even for a minute was a mistake. Not making sure Tim got the ball more in the fourth was a mistake. AJ, just like last playoffs, ran circles around Pop.

I wouldn't say Horry is done just yet. His rebounding and blocked shots numbers are up and he's playing better defense than he has anytime in the last two years. His shot is so off right now though that it's hard to see the stuff he's actually doing well.

T Park
11-25-2006, 12:24 AM
That lineup to end the third and to begin the fourth was like he was trying to lose the game

Unfortunately, I think Ginobili getting hurt fried his brain for a minute.

Yeah, not enough 4 down too.

MannyIsGod
11-25-2006, 12:24 AM
Pop coached a horrible game. That lineup to end the third and to begin the fourth was like he was trying to lose the game. Not letting Elson guard Dirk even for a minute was a mistake. Not making sure Tim got the ball more in the fourth was a mistake. AJ, just like last playoffs, ran circles around Pop.

I wouldn't say Horry is done just yet. His rebounding and blocked shots numbers are up and he's playing better defense than he has anytime in the last two years. His shot is so off right now though that it's hard to see the stuff he's actually doing well.AJ isnt' out coaching him though, Pop is just shooting himself in his damn foot. He keeps trying to make stupid adjustments that aren't needed and he misses the obvious ones. It really just seems like AJ is in his head.

timvp
11-25-2006, 12:33 AM
AJ isnt' out coaching him though, Pop is just shooting himself in his damn foot. He keeps trying to make stupid adjustments that aren't needed and he misses the obvious ones. It really just seems like AJ is in his head.

Well AJ is doing things that are frustrating Pop and Pop is reacting by doing dumb things. AJ had plays specifically for when Beno set foot in the game and those worked to perfection. Pop reacted by going with a third string point guard seeing his first real minutes of the year.

AJ keeps Dirk out of the game while Elson is in and puts Dirk back in right when Oberto goes to check in. Pop in turn never plays Elson again for some unknown reason.

I agree that it's mostly Pop but AJ is pushing all the right buttons to make the Spurs' coaching staff panic.

T Park
11-25-2006, 12:35 AM
AJ had plays specifically for when Beno set foot in the game and those worked to perfection. Pop reacted by going with a third string point guard seeing his first real minutes of the year.

how should pop have handled that?

timvp
11-25-2006, 12:40 AM
how should pop have handled that?

By signing a real point guard last summer. :smokin

But actually, if you are going to go with Beno as your backup PG, you have to know his defense sucks to begin with. Jump on him even more at halftime and pray that he tries harder in the second half. Going with a guy who was inactive the last couple games is just a panic move and was unfair to Vaughn.

MannyIsGod
11-25-2006, 12:41 AM
The zone that pop went to in the 2nd really really really irritated the fuck out of me. The Spurs had been coming back and had it down to 3 or 4, then Pop suddenly switches to a fucking zone. Dallas gets 3 open 3s in a row, and hits 2 of them. It drives me nuts when he does something like that.

At least he didn't revert to small ball, but god damn if he doesn't make really stupid decisions against the Mavs.

angel_luv
11-25-2006, 12:42 AM
By signing a real point guard last summer. :smokin

But actually, if you are going to go with Beno as your backup PG, you have to know his defense sucks to begin with. Jump on him even more at halftime and pray that he tries harder in the second half. Going with a guy who was inactive the last couple games is just a panic move and was unfair to Vaughn.

So was it lack of defense that got Beno pulled from the game? I saw Beno score then next time I was free to watch, he was getting benched. :wtf

Dude- he was only in the game for 1:31!!!!

MannyIsGod
11-25-2006, 12:43 AM
Vaughn played well in the 2nd quarter but I think that he did force some things in the fourth. I think Pop tried to ride the good play of the 2nd.

BTW, no one has brought up the buzzer beater they waived off. How nice would those 2 points have been late in the game?

leemajors
11-25-2006, 12:44 AM
Vaughn played well in the 2nd quarter but I think that he did force some things in the fourth. I think Pop tried to ride the good play of the 2nd.

BTW, no one has brought up the buzzer beater they waived off. How nice would those 2 points have been late in the game?

i think in the NFL that would have been inconclusive - from each angle it looked different.

Kori Ellis
11-25-2006, 12:44 AM

But that was a good call, the shot was late.

MannyIsGod
11-25-2006, 12:45 AM
Yeah, I was wonder where the fuck the angle from the top of the backboard on that play? I know it was super close and I didn't expect us to get the call but I thought it could go either way. Just sucks.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-25-2006, 12:45 AM
Pop is the reason for the loss tonight. Not the no call on Finley, not the bad play by our starting guards, but Pop.

He played Horry for entirely too many minutes and the decision to go to him for the last shot was horrible. His zone defense in the 2nd quarter was a horrible decision as well.

He just seems to outcoach himself against the Mavs. He needs to stick with the same gameplan and stop trying out stupid shit each and every time.

Pop, this one's on you.

Good job Manny, way to pick up the slack for me :lol

In all honesty, I don't think it was all about Horry. We lost this game in the first quarter. It was a two point game, then Pop subbed out Tim, and rapidly followed with several other subs.

Two minutes later, Dallas was running with four of their five starters for the game and had subbed in Howard (who really is their starting SF). We had Tony out there with four bench guys, and the game went from a two point game to a 15 point game, and we were playing catch up the rest of the night.

Stupid ass substitutions. I don't know what the fuck Pop's problem is with AJ, maybe he feels like if he keeps letting AJ undress him in the head to head matchups by doing stupid shit on his own, that when he retires he can convince the Little (Whiny) General to come back and coach here.

At any rate, if Pop is going to go mental against Dallas, they need to put his ass in a padded room if we meet Dallas in the playoffs this year, because I am sick of Pop coaching us out of wins because he feels the need to get creative.

timvp
11-25-2006, 12:46 AM
So was it lack of defense that got Beno pulled from the game? I saw Beno score then next time I was free to watch, he was getting benched. :wtf

Dude- he was only in the game for 1:31!!!!

Beno got burned by the same play twice in a row with a timeout inbetween where Pop went off on him.

Kori Ellis
11-25-2006, 12:46 AM
Yeah, I was wonder where the fuck the angle from the top of the backboard on that play? I know it was super close and I didn't expect us to get the call but I thought it could go either way. Just sucks.

The two calls that should have gone to the Spurs were Dirk's foot shuffle and then obviously the foul on Finley at the end.

But I'm not bitching .. it should have never come to that.

The Spurs need to stop getting down by 15-20 points early.

angel_luv
11-25-2006, 12:47 AM

I was so mad about that!!!

And I had fun taking it out on the Mavs fans.
There was busloads of them at the game tonight. As we left the arena they were chanting "let's go Mavericks" so a whole bunch of us Spurs fans drowned them out with " go home mavericks." :lol

I was super proud of the way Timmy stepped up and hit those final three free shows. I was most sorry for him that we lost.

T Park
11-25-2006, 12:48 AM
Game 7 all over again.

angel_luv
11-25-2006, 12:49 AM
Beno got burned by the same play twice in a row with a timeout inbetween where Pop went off on him.

Ah, I see. Thanks for explaning.

I'm sorry the game didn't allow Beno the chance to redeem himself.
Hopefully everyone does better against Seattle.

Kori Ellis
11-25-2006, 12:50 AM
Ah, I see. Thanks for explaning.

I'm sorry the game didn't allow Beno the chance to redeem himself.
Hopefully everyone does better against Seattle.

In Seattle, he's likely to get destroyed by Earl Watson who is about 20 times stronger than him. So I don't know how much time he'll see.

MannyIsGod
11-25-2006, 12:50 AM
The Dirk travel KILLED me because of the fucking call on Tony just a minute earlier. If you're going to call that travel on Tony, you better fucking call the one on Dirk. There was also a play where Buckner went up and down and they didn't call it.

I don't know how Dirk gets away with those late fouls. But he ran over Finley and they didn't even think to call it. Give me a fucking break.

T Park
11-25-2006, 12:53 AM
The Dirk travel KILLED me because of the fucking call on Tony just a minute earlier

That didn't kill me as much as that BS foul where Barry blocked I think it was Josh Howard, or Stackhouse.

Him and I think Oberto or Horry double teamed him on that block.

That was just horrible.

T Park
11-25-2006, 12:55 AM
In Seattle, he's likely to get destroyed by Earl Watson who is about 20 times stronger than him. So I don't know how much time he'll see

Im hoping Pop is in his right mind and plays Jacque Vaughn.

EJFischer
11-25-2006, 12:56 AM
The lack of a call when Dirk dragged his feet at the end was pretty bad, but at best it would have bought the Spurs two more seconds of clock time. Even with the blindness on the part of the refs, I loved that possession. Duncan had him intimidated enough to travel like that in the first place, and then forced a rare Dirk Nowitzki airball. On that possession, Ducan's defense was impeccable.

ShoogarBear
11-25-2006, 12:57 AM

BTW, no one has brought up the buzzer beater they waived off. How nice would those 2 points have been late in the game?The buzzer beater, Horry's missed dunk, the ball that Duncan tipped in for the Mavs . . .

Kori Ellis
11-25-2006, 01:00 AM
the ball that Duncan tipped in for the Mavs . . .

I think that happened twice tonight.

ShoogarBear
11-25-2006, 01:03 AM
Duncan also tipped in a basket for the Rockets in the T-Mac game. WTF, is he on the take?

MannyIsGod
11-25-2006, 01:06 AM
:lol

T Park
11-25-2006, 01:08 AM
Horry's missed dunk

Wasn't even that.

It was a total Rasho turn around hook off the glass.

I coulda sworn Robert's lips turned blue after that...

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-25-2006, 01:11 AM
BTW, Vaughn played like ass in the second half. Dude shouldn't have been in there.

T Park
11-25-2006, 01:13 AM
it was either Vaughn or the wuss boy.

Vaughn's D was decent enough...

Finley though.

Sigh, that was just, tough to justify...

Spurs16212
11-25-2006, 01:34 AM
I agree with Manny.... Pop played Horry way to many minutes and he was dead weight on the floor.... He was missing out on rebounds and his shot was way off tonight. Come to think about it, he has been off this season thus far. There were several calls which were incorrect calls but there is no excuse for having Horry in the game in the 4th quarter when the game was close and have Duncan on the bench until the 8 minute mark. Duncan, Oberto, Parker, Bowen, and Barry should have played the 4th quarter. They call this "just another game" but you would think that you would want to take the tie breaker.... They handed this game to Dallas tonight.....

On a side note, had they made their free throws, they would not have been in that situation as well. I suggest having the organization start deducting from the players paychecks for missed free throws. He about $500-$1000 per free throw. I think the percentage would go up to 85-90% if this was the case.

pjjrfan
11-25-2006, 01:43 AM

FUCK

I also thought that Tony should have taken the shot. He gave it up, didn't even look for the shot. And he gave it up to Finley who hasn't exactly been tearing it up. But it doesn't matter if he got fouled or not, I thought they let the game slip in the beginning of the 4th, with a lot of MO, I thought for sure Pop would bring Tim back in but he kept him out for like 3 or 4 mins, and the guy was hot. He could've bought him when Dirk came in, but he still waited. Arghhhhhh.

pjjrfan
11-25-2006, 01:46 AM
Im hoping Pop is in his right mind and plays Jacque Vaughn.
I'm not familiar with Vaughn's game, but for Pop to bench Beno and not bring him back, I feel that Beno is going to ride the pine for a while and Vaughn will see more pt, if he is going to replace Beno he will need the work, tonights games showed either how rusty he is or that if this is his best the backup point will be a sore spot for the team. I still think Barry can help out here.

xamila rey
11-25-2006, 02:17 AM
i think Vaugh did a decent job today
it would be unfair to be hard on him,
when today it is first time that he gets real minutes,
and it is against Dallas!

whottt
11-25-2006, 06:48 AM
Vaughn was good the first time he came in the game but he took 2 horrible shots when he was in the second time. Vaughn is not an offensive player or the guy I want taking shots in the 4th quarter of any game. Vaughn should never be in the game at a meaningful juncture without Duncan, Parker or Manu also being on the court.

I know we signed him for his D, and I think he was a good signing, but he's not a playmaker and should never be used as one in the crucnh....this was a clear case of Pop expecting miracles and things that were not possible from a player. Pop is not a good enough coach to turn Vaughn into a scorer...no one is.

Amarelooms
11-25-2006, 07:05 AM
The Dirk travel KILLED me because of the fucking call on Tony just a minute earlier. If you're going to call that travel on Tony, you better fucking call the one on Dirk. There was also a play where Buckner went up and down and they didn't call it.

I don't know how Dirk gets away with those late fouls. But he ran over Finley and they didn't even think to call it. Give me a fucking break.

That's cause Dirk >>> Finley and Parker partner. Stop all your complaining SPurs fans...the Mavs won. You act like the Spurs are suppose to beat the Mavs every game. Note to you homers: THE MAVS ARE JUST AS GOOD AS THE SPURS IF NOT A BETTER TEAM...NOW SUCK IT UP!!!!

ata
11-25-2006, 07:19 AM
That's cause Dirk >>> Finley and Parker partner. Stop all your complaining SPurs fans...the Mavs won. You act like the Spurs are suppose to beat the Mavs every game. Note to you homers: THE MAVS ARE JUST AS GOOD AS THE SPURS IF NOT A BETTER TEAM...NOW SUCK IT UP!!!!
Not that Spurs are suppose to beat Mavs in every game, true Spurs' fan expect win in every game, 82-0 season and 16-0 in post season. Everything else ist not acceptable. :spin

upTD
11-25-2006, 07:36 AM

it's Manu, not Tpark should come in here and defend him.

5TOS , 8P 1 AST IN 24mins, is he the spurs's start sg?

leemajors
11-25-2006, 09:51 AM
it's Manu, not Tpark should come in here and defend him.

5TOS , 8P 1 AST IN 24mins, is he the spurs's start sg?

gnob is still one of out best 4th quarter players. we really missed him in the 4th.

polandprzem
11-25-2006, 09:59 AM
Not that Spurs are suppose to beat Mavs in every game, true Spurs' fan expect win in every game, 82-0 season and 16-0 in post season. Everything else ist not acceptable. :spin

Excactly

Now... suck it up !!!!!!!!!!!!

wildbill2u
11-25-2006, 10:37 AM
I'm not sure how you fix that. Wasn't Beno playing against their starter who's a lot quicker? .And Pop needs to realize there are some matchups in this league that don't favor all the other players, including our starters. As I recall, Parker has some trouble with Terry too

If Beno is good enough to stay on the squad as the backup PG, then you have to have some patience and show him you have confidence in him. Remember how Pop said Beno was 'playing really well" just a week ago.

If he's not the player to backup Parker, then he needs to sit him and go with Vaughn, not just react to two bad plays. I'm not a Beno fan particualarly, but Pop has to give the team some consitstency in his rotations.

1Parker1
11-25-2006, 10:44 AM

:lmao I saw that too. I was like WTF??! That was horrible. Especially considering Spurs ended the 3rd quarter, down only 2 and with all the momentum....if Pop had used a better lineup to start the 4th, at least thrown in any combo of Elson/Duncan/Parker/Barry, they could have managed to taken the lead....

Bruno
11-25-2006, 10:54 AM
I'm not sure how you fix that. Wasn't Beno playing against their starter who's a lot quicker?

He was burned by Anthony Johnson who is one of the slowest PG in the league, Beno let him alone under the basket. It has nothing to do with a lack of quickness.
It's because of a lack of concentration/lack of effort/tactical mistake.
It's easily fixable : a more focused Beno and an analysis at the video (maybe followed by a pratice) should be enough to fix it.

1Parker1
11-25-2006, 10:58 AM
I think one of the things Pop needs to figure out is how to counter the starting backcourt of Harris and Terry. For some reason, that kills the Spurs everytime. Harris is quick enough to defend Parker and stay in front of him and Manu is usually forced to defend Terry on the other side and expand a lot of energy defending him. Harris had another great game last night, doing all the little things to give the Mavs an edge and taking Parker off his game. Yes, Harris made some bone-headed plays last night, but he's young so it's understandable. Overall though, I think Spurs need to figure out how to sustain him. Parker's defense on him was horrible at certain times. Parker is just as quick to stay in front of him, but somehow he managed to let Harris get ahead of him several times.

1Parker1
11-25-2006, 11:03 AM
BTW, since no one has mentioned it yet...the best part of the game (Aside from Duncan hitting 3 clutch FT's in a row :wow) was Bruce Bowen's defense on Stackhouse and Howard, virtually making Stackhouse a non-factor in the game. :tu

Emanuel20
11-25-2006, 11:08 AM
i think that Pop should have let manu play the last 5 minutes of the game....manu was stretching, jumping around, and Pop did not let him play...may be we would have won the game...

Spurminator
11-25-2006, 01:05 PM
I hated some of Pop's lineups last night. I'm all for mixing it up early in the year to see if you find something, but looking for magic in a Vaughn-Finley-Bowen backcourt is like looking for a wife at a Lilith Fair concert.

I will say, though, that I am conforted by the fact that even with Manu and Parker playing poorly and Pop overcoaching himself, we still stayed close and had chances at the end.

And it's almost worth it all just seeing Duncan playing like he is lately. Gorgeous.

td4mvp21
11-25-2006, 01:18 PM

That's not what he's saying. He's saying a travel should be a travel no matter what. If they call it against one team call it against the other.

T Park
11-25-2006, 01:23 PM
By signing a real point guard last summer

Too bad none were available.

Outside of Speedy Claxton and Bobby Jackson who got overpaid like Juan Pierre this winter, good lord, who was out there?

Jannero Pargo IMO, but Kori isn't fond of him obviously :lol

T Park
11-25-2006, 01:30 PM

Nothing to defend. The game was lost in the beginning of the 4th quarter.

I think Ginobili getting hurt made him go numb for a couple minutes.

I agree Elson should've been used more in the 4th if Horry isn't going to make threes.

Barry was obviously playing better than Finley, so that was another point of contention.

Finley is a good come off picks, ad pick and pop shooter.

Barry can create his own shot, and actually after the horrid shooting first half, came up good in the second half...

it was a cumulative loss of poor defense in the first quarter, and bad lineups in the 4th.

ManuTastic
11-25-2006, 01:43 PM
Horry mostly sucked, but he did run Dirk off a few 3s, which kept him from scoring. I'd say he did the best job on Dirk of anyone, and that's why he was in there. I would like to see him hit a shot every now and then though...
And it's nice of the refs, now that it's holiday time, to introduce us to our new diety: St. Dirk of Nowitzki. When Dirk knocks you down, it's not a foul, it's a blessing. I hope Finley didn't wash his jersey; it probably has an image of the Virgin on it by now.