PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the Mavs

Mavs<Spurs
11-24-2006, 11:02 PM
Congratulations.

Good win, Mavs.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-24-2006, 11:04 PM
Congrats as well. I'm very dissappointed with the Spurs and their (as usual) free throws.

George Gervin's Afro
11-24-2006, 11:05 PM
Yes one team seemed to want it more than the other for the first 12 minutes of the game. The Mavs played well enough to win (captain obvious)

dknights411
11-24-2006, 11:08 PM
Why the Mavs and the Spurs aren't playing each other on December 25th, I don't know.

E20
11-24-2006, 11:09 PM
Good Game Mavs.

Texas_Ranger
11-24-2006, 11:09 PM
Congratulations.
Nice win.

pking
11-24-2006, 11:10 PM
Horrid third quarter for the Mavs but overall, I thought the team played well. I was stunned by our first quarter--especially against San Antonio.

Dirk didn't seem to be having some great game (good first quarter) though most of the game, but he still ended up with 31/10. He's really been playing great.

Jet with 10 assists...that's a shock.

Mavs shoot 50% against San Antonio...impressive. Not surprising is that the Mavs still allowed over 49% shooting. :rolleyes Gah, they gotta improve that.

samikeyp
Why the Mavs and the Spurs aren't playing each other on December 25th, I don't know.

Agreed. You would think the NBA would recognize this.

Dre_7

Three words, Shaq and Kobe. You know good players trump good teams 10 times out of 10 in the NBA tv schedule. :lol

sandeepgm
11-24-2006, 11:14 PM
Good game by the spurs. Felt like a playoff game. Grudgingly yes but got lots of respect for your team.

mavsfan1000
11-24-2006, 11:14 PM
Thanks. It was one hell of a game.

Dirk Nowitzki
11-24-2006, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the credit. Maybe now you guys will realize that you arent the best team in the state anymore. Shit happens and the times have changed. That stadium the spurs play in needs to be changed to the American Airlines AT&T Center! :lol Maybe when pigs fly you wont need a come from behind effort to beat us! :rolleyes Welcome back to reality Spurs fans.

dirk4mvp
11-24-2006, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the credit. Maybe now you guys will realize that you arent the best team in the state anymore. Shit happens and the times have changed. That stadium the spurs play in needs to be changed to the American Airlines AT&T Center! :lol Maybe when pigs fly you wont need a come from behind effort to beat us! :rolleyes Welcome back to reality Spurs fans.

You're needed in this thread
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54521

dknights411
11-24-2006, 11:17 PM
Three words, Shaq and Kobe. You know good players trump good teams 10 times out of 10 in the NBA tv schedule. :lol

You mean the injured Shaq and a "Team-first" Kobe? That's not gonna have the same effect, you know. ;)

Seriously, I'd take Dirk/Duncan over Shaq/Kobe anyday.

George Gervin's Afro
11-24-2006, 11:17 PM

:lol

dknights411
11-24-2006, 11:18 PM

What TOOK you so long?!? Some of us were getting worried!!! :spin

BTW, it's still November, and we DID spoil you're home opener. Get back to us in May, then we'll talk.

Suns Fan
You guys are taking this well. There must be some strong weed in San Antonio :lmao

lurker
Should've just left it at "Thanks for the credit."

pking
Should've just left it at "Thanks for the credit."
^
What I was thinking.

Is he kidding?

samikeyp
11-24-2006, 11:19 PM
There must be some strong weed in San Antonio

actually I am in Lansing now....but yes...the weed is good. :smokin

ShoogarBear
11-24-2006, 11:19 PM
It's funny to hear the ESPN begrudingly admit that Spurs-Mavs is the best rivalry.

Like they have to keep throwing in qualifiers.

dav4463
11-24-2006, 11:21 PM
Dirk is scary! I hold my breath every time he has the ball because I expect him to score. Mavs are a good team, but I will still take the Spurs this year in a 7 game series.

Big 1st quarter for Mavs did it. Injury to Ginobli didn't help, and a crap non-call at the end of the game...but Fin would have probably missed one of the free throws anyway!

George Gervin's Afro
actually I am in Lansing now....but yes...the weed is good. :smokin

I am out to the back yard in a moment to smoke number 9 today..vacation and free time is always nice..

Mr.Bottomtooth
You obviously have no class and should not have the priviledge of being a Mavs fan. You are a disgrace. Go to hell, douchebag.

pking
they say 'arguably' every time but I've never heard any other mention of who else is possibly be the best rivalry.

ShoogarBear
11-24-2006, 11:22 PM
Big 1st quarter for Mavs did it. Injury to Ginobli didn't help, and a crap non-call at the end of the game...but Fin would have probably missed one of the free throws anyway!Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too. After Duncan made three, no way would Finley do the same.

dknights411
11-24-2006, 11:23 PM
You guys are taking this well. There must be some strong weed in San Antonio :lmao

It's always a great day in Margaritaville! :fro

Sorry, I had to say that

ShoogarBear
11-24-2006, 11:23 PM
they say 'arguably' every time but I've never heard any other mention of who else is possibly be the best rivalry.Cavs-Lakers, of course.

samikeyp
11-24-2006, 11:27 PM
It's always a great day in Margaritaville!

that is just a given! :)

Brianna
11-24-2006, 11:30 PM
It's always a great day in Margaritaville! :fro

Sorry, I had to say that

Fuck the Margaritas, where is the grape kool-aid? :drunk

angryllama
11-24-2006, 11:35 PM
Cavs-Lakers, of course.

That sounds like a horrible and boring matchup without any significant repurcussions, but you are correct. The NBA markets the same few players and the same few teams. San Antonio and Dallas are appreciated by the purists.

Spurs/Mavs is easily the best rivalry in the NBA. There is no other competition. There havent been games this intense, closely matched, and heated between the same team battling each other over the span of a few years in a long time.

Kori Ellis
11-25-2006, 12:07 AM
Good game by the Mavs.

The Spurs did a great job fighting to get back in and if a couple things went their way they could have won. But the Mavs did what they needed to do.

I like this rivalry and I'm looking forward to more matchups.

Too bad Manu got hurt.

samikeyp
11-25-2006, 12:08 AM
Cavs-Lakers, of course.

Stern's favorite....but he is missing the boat with Dallas-San Antonio.

Dirk Nowitzki
11-25-2006, 04:07 AM
You obviously have no class and should not have the priviledge of being a Mavs fan. You are a disgrace. Go to hell, douchebag.

:depressed :depressed :cry The truth hurt doesnt it motherfucker? The Spurs are no longer the Mavs big brother and your defense is fucking soft like the tissue I wipe my ass with. Dirk has a fucking comfort level on your D that now lacks physical toughness. I am realistic and it fucking kills you inside that I am right. As I said many many times WELCOME BACK TO REALITY! Anyways get the American Airlines AT&T Center cleaned up the next time the Mavs visit their home away from home Jan 5th :)

mavsfan1000
11-25-2006, 04:11 AM
:depressed :depressed :cry The truth hurt doesnt it motherfucker? The Spurs are no longer the Mavs big brother and your defense is fucking soft like the tissue I wipe my ass with. Dirk has a fucking comfort level on your D that now lacks physical toughness. I am realistic and it fucking kills you inside that I am right. As I said many many times WELCOME BACK TO REALITY! Anyways get the American Airlines AT&T Center cleaned up the next time the Mavs visit their home away from home Jan 5th :)
I usually don't pick the spurs side but you are wrong. The mavs struggled to score against the spurs in the second half. Be a gracious winner. Especially since this is a spurs site. One game hasn't decided reality.

Duncanoypi
11-25-2006, 09:41 AM
^give him a bike and he will be as tamed as a lion....

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-25-2006, 10:04 AM
:lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-25-2006, 10:28 AM
If the defense was soft, don't you think you would have won by more than 3 stupid? :rolleyes Reality is that the series is tied 1-1 both on the road, not 4-0 all on Mavs home-court. You are the stupidest person I have ever argued with. You obviously do not know anything (Chris Webber? :lol) and you enjoy another person's anguish, and when you stoop down to that level, you should not be allowed to be a fan.

dirk4mvp
11-25-2006, 10:30 AM
If the defense was soft, don't you think you would have won by more than 3 stupid? :rolleyes Reality is that the series is tied 1-1 both on the road, not 4-0 all on Mavs home-court. You are the stupidest person I have ever argued with. You obviously do not know anything (Chris Webber? :lol) and you enjoy another person's anguish, and when you stoop down to that level, you should not be allowed to be a fan.

You do realize he's a troll don't you?

BUMP
11-25-2006, 10:39 AM
good game but the war hasnt started yet. these regular season games just further proves that these two teams are neck and neck and probly the two best teams in the league

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-25-2006, 10:46 AM
You do realize he's a troll don't you?
Yea. I don't know why I bother with him.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-25-2006, 10:46 AM
good game but the war hasnt started yet. these regular season games just further proves that these two teams are neck and neck and are the two best teams in the league
Fixed. :)

SpurYank
11-25-2006, 10:48 AM
While our Spurs and Dallas' Mavericks are being seen as the only two teams in the league, the rest of us who have our eyes open see a lot of other great teams that we will have to contend with. Don't be so myopic and parochial. There are at least three other teams in the West who can kick our butts on any given day.

However, man for man, coach for coach, I like our team's chances. As Pat Riley said the other day, the Mavericks were one lucky team during the last two minutes of regulation play in that seventh game last year. It's time Maverick fans admitted it.

aexchange
11-25-2006, 11:34 AM

wow you are a total piece of trolling trash.

dknights411
11-25-2006, 12:04 PM
wow you are a total piece of trolling trash.

Wow, a Mavs fan calling out another Mavs fan for trolling. Does this mean that the days of the Mavs trolls are almost over? Damn, I'm gonna miss them.
:depressed

NOT!!!
:smokin

RC's Boss
11-25-2006, 12:18 PM
I'm going to tell your moms she needs to wash your mouth out w/ soap so you can clean that potty mouth of yours little boy :rolleyes

Gin N Juice
11-25-2006, 12:30 PM

Maybe because the center position isn't quite up to par yet and they aren't playing as well as they are capable of and still winning. By mid season if they lose a game like this there will be more complaints.

td4mvp21
11-25-2006, 01:16 PM
This was by far the best game of the season. It was so exciting, even if we lost.

cornbread
11-25-2006, 01:29 PM
That stadium the spurs play in needs to be changed to the American Airlines AT&T Center!

Dirk,
I think you're on to something but I have one concern. If they change the name of the AT&T Center then what would happen to all of the championship banners and trophies? It wouldn't make sense to have anything of the sort in there if the name is changed to the AA Center.

I guess we could leave you 1 division title banner and 1 conference title banner to make it feel more like home for you.

Oh, I also have one more suggestion. Instructions for the heimlich manuever will need to be posted in your new locker room just in case somebody chokes again. Scratch that idea. You guys probably drill that in practice in everyday.

BUMP
11-25-2006, 02:23 PM
While our Spurs and Dallas' Mavericks are being seen as the only two teams in the league, the rest of us who have our eyes open see a lot of other great teams that we will have to contend with. Don't be so myopic and parochial. There are at least three other teams in the West who can kick our butts on any given day.

However, man for man, coach for coach, I like our team's chances. As Pat Riley said the other day, the Mavericks were one lucky team during the last two minutes of regulation play in that seventh game last year. It's time Maverick fans admitted it.

NO

while i realize that Utah and LA are off to hot starts, these two teams are heads and shoulders above everyone in the West. Utah has one tons of close games, and LA has played almost every game at home. maybe they might catch dallas or san antonio off guard in a back to back, but in a 7-game series, and 4 quarters a game, nobody in the West can go toe to toe with these two teams and beat them in a series

Dirk Nowitzki
11-25-2006, 09:00 PM

You call me a classless douche bag but what about the fucking spurs fans who slashed my tires and keyed my vehicle at the game I went to last March? I had a sticker on the back of my truck that said "GO MAVS GO" and it got ripped off and some bitch ass haters forced me to call a fucking tow truck company. :madrun Or the time back in Nov 04 when I went to a game, one fan unintentionally spilled coke all over my white dirk t-shirt. The shittalking is one thing but the fact that those people who are called fans had to take it to that level is very fucked up. Before you start throw the class card around you might want to think of your own fans. :rolleyes Anyways this past time at the American Airlines AT&T Center it was fun seeing fans facing the harsh reality that this is the Mavs new home away from home!! :elephant :elephant

Dirk Nowitzki
11-25-2006, 09:02 PM
The Spurs also dont have James Posey or Haslem on their team. In terms of physical ball they are no where near the Heats level which killed us in the Finals. The Spurs arent a team who gives hard fouls which makes Dirk owning them that much better. :)

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-25-2006, 09:09 PM
You call me a classless douche bag but what about the fucking spurs fans who slashed my tires and keyed my vehicle at the game I went to last March? I had a sticker on the back of my truck that said "GO MAVS GO" and it got ripped off and some bitch ass haters forced me to call a fucking tow truck company. :madrun Or the time back in Nov 04 when I went to a game, one fan unintentionally spilled coke all over my white dirk t-shirt. The shittalking is one thing but the fact that those people who are called fans had to take it to that level is very fucked up. Before you start throw the class card around you might want to think of your own fans. :rolleyes Anyways this past time at the American Airlines AT&T Center it was fun seeing fans facing the harsh reality that this is the Mavs new home away from home!! :elephant :elephant
You're a loser with bad luck! :lol And when I say you don't have class I mean YOU, not all Mav fans. I don't represent the entire population of Spurs fans. I represent me, and I have class. I ,every once in a while, talk trash to another Mav fan besides you(but you're a troll so it doesn't matter) but I would never take it to that level unless you were seriously fuckin bothering me out of my mind and I had to do something. And you said someone unintentionally spilled soda on you. You know that you just said it was an accident right?

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-25-2006, 09:11 PM
The Spurs also dont have James Posey or Haslem on their team. In terms of physical ball they are no where near the Heats level which killed us in the Finals. The Spurs arent a team who gives hard fouls which makes Dirk owning them that much better. :)
Dirk owns us because we play fair? :dizzy

Dirk Nowitzki
11-25-2006, 09:12 PM
You're a loser with bad luck! :lol And when I say you don't have class I mean YOU, not all Mav fans. I don't represent the entire population of Spurs fans. I represent me, and I have class. I ,every once in a while, talk trash to another Mav fan besides you(but you're a troll so it doesn't matter) but I would never take it to that level unless you were seriously fuckin bothering me out of my mind and I had to do something. And you said someone unintentionally spilled soda on you. You know that you just said it was an accident right?

No I didnt. the son of a bitch didnt even say he was sorry and he knew that he did that shit. Either way it was fun seeing people upset and frusterated last night. I LOVE how things have changed and now we are the team standing in the Spurs way and not the other way around! :fro

Dirk Nowitzki
11-25-2006, 09:15 PM
BTW here is an update that wont make you feel any better, the Mavs are beating the shit out of the Hornets and have won their 9th game in a row!! :elephant :elephant The best in the west has a chip on their shoulders again!! Oh-oh!!!!!

Dirk Nowitzki
11-25-2006, 09:17 PM
Dirk owns us because we play fair? :dizzy

Play fair? Nah you play "physical" ball that is not very physical.
:lol :lol You dont have the balls or toughness to give us hard fouls anymore. Changes....... :spin

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-25-2006, 09:18 PM
How do you go on a 9 game win streak and then get a chip on your shoulder?

ShoogarBear
11-25-2006, 10:19 PM
You call me a classless douche bag but what about the fucking spurs fans who slashed my tires and keyed my vehicle at the game I went to last March? I had a sticker on the back of my truck that said "GO MAVS GO" and it got ripped off and some bitch ass haters forced me to call a fucking tow truck company. :madrun Or the time back in Nov 04 when I went to a game, one fan unintentionally spilled coke all over my white dirk t-shirt. The shittalking is one thing but the fact that those people who are called fans had to take it to that level is very fucked up. Before you start throw the class card around you might want to think of your own fans. :rolleyes Anyways this past time at the American Airlines AT&T Center it was fun seeing fans facing the harsh reality that this is the Mavs new home away from home!! :elephant :elephantYou just have a life problem, dude.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-25-2006, 10:22 PM
:lmao

LA24
11-25-2006, 10:56 PM
The best in the west has a chip on their shoulders again!! Oh-oh!!!!!

:lol But unfortunately, the best team in the west only has a WCF banner to show for !! :lol Oooo...how intimidating !!! :loser

For all your yapping, you are still ringless. Inferiority complex sucks doesn't it ?

Trifecta
11-25-2006, 11:27 PM
The Mavs won 9 in a row and are STILL looking up a first place in the division!

Trifecta
11-25-2006, 11:30 PM
I do congratulate the mavs on a good win last night though!

Looking forward to more battles ahead this season -- boyth teams will be there in the end!!!

Seems like Utah is making some noise as we speak this year!

Plenty weapons and scorers!

I am looking ahead to that game to see how the Spurs deal with them!

cornbread
11-26-2006, 12:21 AM
Or the time back in Nov 04 when I went to a game, one fan unintentionally spilled coke all over my white dirk t-shirt. The shittalking is one thing but the fact that those people who are called fans had to take it to that level is very fucked up. Before you start throw the class card around you might want to think of your own fans. :rolleyes

I saw many Mavs fan at the game on Friday, including my buddy who attended the game with me. I did not see one incident where a Mavs fan was harassed or assaulted in any way. Judging from your attitude on this board I would guess that you probably provoked somebody. I could be wrong though. Maybe the anonymity that this board provides brings out the loudmouth tough guy in you that would never come out while in the actual presence of other people.

I did witness one Mavs fan being removed by police in the 2nd quarter. Dude was shouting endless profanities while 3 small children sat behind him.

Viva Las Espuelas
11-26-2006, 02:19 AM
BTW here is an update that wont make you feel any better, the Mavs are beating the shit out of the Hornets and have won their 9th game in a row!! :elephant :elephant The best in the west has a chip on their shoulders again!! Oh-oh!!!!!don't worry. you'll get a ps3 as soon as one is available.

mavsfan1000
11-26-2006, 03:28 AM
don't worry. you'll get a ps3 as soon as one is available.
:lol or maybe he's not quite there yet. GI Joe might be more appropiate. :lmao

LA24
11-26-2006, 07:31 AM
:lol or maybe he's not quite there yet. GI Joe might be more appropiate. :lmao

Um, how about "Barbie" and "My Little Pony." :spin

cherylsteele
11-26-2006, 11:09 AM
You call me a classless douche bag but what about the fucking spurs fans who slashed my tires and keyed my vehicle at the game I went to last March?
Did you ever stop to think that it was possibly another Mavs that happened to be at the game and did it because you were acting stupid and making other Mavs fans look bad?

That stadium the spurs play in needs to be changed to the American Airlines AT&T Center!
That still won't change the names on the Championship banners from say San Antonio Spurs. You can change the name of the arena all you want....it still doesn't change the fact the Mavs have not won any titles.

Dirk Nowitzki
11-26-2006, 02:54 PM
Did you ever stop to think that it was possibly another Mavs that happened to be at the game and did it because you were acting stupid and making other Mavs fans look bad?

That still won't change the names on the Championship banners from say San Antonio Spurs. You can change the name of the arena all you want....it still doesn't change the fact the Mavs have not won any titles.

You are right we dont have any titles.....yet. The fact is the Mavs OWN the Spurs in their own house now. We continue to bitchslap you bitches in your own house and I have to admit, it is alot of fun seeing that. :) I guess celts have bragging rights over the Spurs cuz they have 16 titles. Use the title card all you want. You have titles and congrats. That still doesnt change the fact that the Spurs dont know how to beat an AJ Coached Mavs team. The Mavs are the Spurs cryptonite. The fact you have to play from behind in every meeting is an obvious sign of why we are better then you. Maybe on Xbox 360 the Spurs will beat an AJ Coached team. You can always dream. :)

ChumpDumper
11-26-2006, 02:58 PM
Until you beat us by 150 points in a game, you aren't doing shit!

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-26-2006, 02:58 PM
You are right we dont have any titles.....yet. The fact is the Mavs OWN the Spurs in their own house now. We continue to bitchslap you bitches in your own house and I have to admit, it is alot of fun seeing that. :) I guess celts have bragging rights over the Spurs cuz they have 16 titles. Use the title card all you want. You have titles and congrats. That still doesnt change the fact that the Spurs dont know how to beat an AJ Coached Mavs team. The Mavs are the Spurs cryptonite. The fact you have to play from behind in every meeting is an obvious sign of why we are better then you. Maybe on Xbox 360 the Spurs will beat an AJ Coached team. You can always dream. :)
If one win proves you own someone, then we've owned the Mavs in their house ever since the beginning of the season! :spin And for a tip, try NBA Live 07. You can probably own us there with the fakeass freestyles.

Dirk Nowitzki
11-26-2006, 05:10 PM
If one win proves you own someone, then we've owned the Mavs in their house ever since the beginning of the season! :spin And for a tip, try NBA Live 07. You can probably own us there with the fakeass freestyles.

Why try to own you in a video game when we can/will own you in real life? :) AJ>>>>>>>>>>>Pop.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-26-2006, 05:12 PM
You can but you don't. :nutkick:

Dirk Nowitzki
11-27-2006, 02:03 PM
You can but you don't. :nutkick:

Dating back to last year I strongly disagree. Unless you stop having to play from behind all the time (which still has yet to fucking change) you guys are fucked. If your best bet to beat the Mavs is a come from behind victory/mavs fucking up, then your chances dont look good at all. I know that shit concerns you. If I was a spurs fan I would be pen pointing that shit 24/7. :fro

sandman
11-27-2006, 02:45 PM
You are right we dont have any titles.....yet. The fact is the Mavs OWN the Spurs in their own house now. We continue to bitchslap you bitches in your own house and I have to admit, it is alot of fun seeing that. I guess celts have bragging rights over the Spurs cuz they have 16 titles. Use the title card all you want. You have titles and congrats. That still doesnt change the fact that the Spurs dont know how to beat an AJ Coached Mavs team. The Mavs are the Spurs cryptonite. The fact you have to play from behind in every meeting is an obvious sign of why we are better then you. Maybe on Xbox 360 the Spurs will beat an AJ Coached team. You can always dream.

AJ took over as coach on 3/19/05.

Spurs record in regular season games with AJ as coach:

4/7/05 @ Dallas = Loss
11/5/05 @ Dallas = Loss
12/1/05 @ Dallas = Win
3/2/05 @ SA = Win
4/7/05 @ SA = Loss
11/2/06 @ Dallas = Win
11/24/06 @ SA = Loss

Spurs Home Record = 1-2
Spurs Road Record = 2-2
Spurs Overall Record = 3-4

Spurs record in playoff games with AJ as coach:

5/7/06 @ SA = Win
5/9/06 @ SA = Loss
5/13/06 @ Dallas = Loss
5/15/06 @ Dallas = Loss
5/17/06 @ SA = Win
5/19/06 @ Dallas = Win
5/22/06 @ SA = Loss

Spurs Home Playoff Record = 2-2
Spurs Road Playoff Record = 1-2
Spurs Overall Playoff Record = 3-4

So where the hell is the ownage??

Since Avery has taken over as coach, the Mavs have won 4 times in SA and the Spurs have won 3 times in Dallas. Not ownage material.

Since Avery has taken over as coach, the overall record including playoffs is 8-6 in favor of the Mavs. Not ownage material.

Since Avery has taken over as coach, the Spurs have won more regular season games and two division titles over the Mavs. Not ownage material.

Since Avery has taken over as coach, the Mavs won the only playoff matchup in Game 7 overtime in a series where three of the games were decided by 2 points or less. Not ownage material. Classic? Hell yeah. But there was much luck as there was ownage in that series.

Since Avery has taken over as coach, the Spurs have won a title and the Mavs have not. Not ownage material.

If you want Spurs fans to recognize that the Mavs represent the biggest challenge to getting a title and that the rivalry is the fiercest in the L right now, you have that already. But ownage? That is simply your pubescent smack talk running amok in the fields of flowering WGAF's.

Dirk Nowitzki
11-27-2006, 06:13 PM
AJ took over as coach on 3/19/05.

Spurs record in regular season games with AJ as coach:

4/7/05 @ Dallas = Loss
11/5/05 @ Dallas = Loss
12/1/05 @ Dallas = Win
3/2/05 @ SA = Win
4/7/05 @ SA = Loss
11/2/06 @ Dallas = Win
11/24/06 @ SA = Loss

Spurs Home Record = 1-2
Spurs Road Record = 2-2
Spurs Overall Record = 3-4

Spurs record in playoff games with AJ as coach:

5/7/06 @ SA = Win
5/9/06 @ SA = Loss
5/13/06 @ Dallas = Loss
5/15/06 @ Dallas = Loss
5/17/06 @ SA = Win
5/19/06 @ Dallas = Win
5/22/06 @ SA = Loss

Spurs Home Playoff Record = 2-2
Spurs Road Playoff Record = 1-2
Spurs Overall Playoff Record = 3-4

So where the hell is the ownage??

Since Avery has taken over as coach, the Mavs have won 4 times in SA and the Spurs have won 3 times in Dallas. Not ownage material.

Since Avery has taken over as coach, the overall record including playoffs is 8-6 in favor of the Mavs. Not ownage material.

Since Avery has taken over as coach, the Spurs have won more regular season games and two division titles over the Mavs. Not ownage material.

Since Avery has taken over as coach, the Mavs won the only playoff matchup in Game 7 overtime in a series where three of the games were decided by 2 points or less. Not ownage material. Classic? Hell yeah. But there was much luck as there was ownage in that series.

Since Avery has taken over as coach, the Spurs have won a title and the Mavs have not. Not ownage material.

If you want Spurs fans to recognize that the Mavs represent the biggest challenge to getting a title and that the rivalry is the fiercest in the L right now, you have that already. But ownage? That is simply your pubescent smack talk running amok in the fields of flowering WGAF's.

Yet you cant control the games like we do and you need last second screwups for us to lose. When was the last time the Spurs controlled a game from the start against these mavs? The fact that you ALWAYS have to come from behind to beat us says more then enough on why the Mavs are better.

sandman
11-27-2006, 06:28 PM
Yet you cant control the games like we do and you need last second screwups for us to lose. When was the last time the Spurs controlled a game from the start against these mavs? The fact that you ALWAYS have to come from behind to beat us says more then enough on why the Mavs are better.

Interesting. So we are now playing with CBA rules where you earn points for winning each quarter? Last time I checked, the final score was all that mattered.

You know what separates a Mavs fan and a Spurs fan? A Mav's fan argues about how they are better than the Spurs. A Spurs fan argues about which Spurs championship team was better than the others.

shayne mccrackhead
11-27-2006, 06:38 PM
Congratulations.

Good win, Mavs.

ya, now u should change ur name to mavs>spurs

dknights411
11-27-2006, 07:04 PM
You know, this was funny the first time, but now it's getting just downright sad. I REALLY have no patience with stubborn idiots (doesn't matter which team they root for), so I'm just gonna vent a little.

Dirk, I know you're having a grand ole time lately, but now its just old. You're making youself look REALLY retarded lately with your "Mavs own the Spurs" bs. The Mavs/Spurs matchups now are just WAY to close for anyone to own anybody (and you do NOT get brownie "ownage" point by controlling PART of a game. Just ask the New York Giants). If you want to talk smack, that's fine. But at least have the guts to back up the replys (and posting the exact same thing doesn't count).

ONE 3 point win or ONE 3 point loss does not mean a goddamn thing. Got it? Games can go either way at the end in this case, meaning that it could have easily been YOUR team down 3 at the final buzzer. So be thankful that you got the W, and move on to the next game. Did you understand all that? If not, then you're NOT a real fan (I doubt that you are one anyway).

Dirk Nowitzki
11-28-2006, 05:13 PM
I am just saying how the fuck can you have confidence against the Mavs if you have to come from behind EVERY game to win? That shit catches up to you and it will not win you a series against them. If the mavs had that problem with the Spurs I would be saying the exact same shit. That is an issue you guys MUST address yet you act like it is nothing. :lol

DubMcDub
11-28-2006, 09:07 PM
I'm a few days late but I just wanted to drop in and say good game to all you Spurs fans.

Obviously a potential playoff series between the teams is bound to happen, and will yet again come down to the wire (though I do find it a bit unfortunate that some Spurs fans are still clutching to the pre-2005 notion that the Spurs will simply "turn it on" and dominate the Mavs come playoff time).

Good luck to you all until we meet again in January.

DallasFan
11-29-2006, 12:12 AM
I am just saying how the fuck can you have confidence against the Mavs if you have to come from behind EVERY game to win? That shit catches up to you and it will not win you a series against them. If the mavs had that problem with the Spurs I would be saying the exact same shit. That is an issue you guys MUST address yet you act like it is nothing. :lol

Dude, you sound like an idiot...

If you wanna talk about teams that have to play catch-up to win games, look at the Suns. Virtually EVERY team that plays them is playing catch-up the whole game...it's just their style. They eventually wear themselves out for the most part, and lose. THE FINAL SCORE IS WHAT MATTERS.

Okay, I'm done...no more feeding the Trolls... :dramaquee

DallasFan
11-29-2006, 12:14 AM

Probably because of the Cowboys/Eagles game that day...ratings would be too bad? Of course McNabb is out and they will be anyway...