PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Defense, or lack thereof

phxspurfan
11-25-2006, 02:22 AM
I'm sorry, but I have my doubts and have had them for awhile. Does this team just not have the personnel anymore to play consistent (<45FG%) defense? I just don't see it anymore.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-25-2006, 03:05 AM
...which seems pitiful

I understand it's still early in the season, but WTF

It seems like teams are cutting through the lane at will out there and while our rebounding has improved, we still allow teams to shoot nearly 45% FG for the game on average (a measly 13th in the leage on Opponent FG%), and our 3 point defense % is horrendous as well (though I remember it being especially horrendous during the 2005 season as well)

So, while I'm not really trying to bitch, as I made a concentrated effort to cut down on the pessimissm this year, I just am tryin to grasp where we're going wrong.

I understand Rasho was a better a defender than both Oberto and especially Elson, but it just seems like a whole, we're not exactly the defensive juggernaut we used to be in season's past, which is also a big reason as to why we seem to be down in a lot of games this season and try to force our way back up in the second half.

I know it's only november and we will most likely work out the kinks, and we're still #2 in the west (though dallas may overtake us soon if we don't watch it) but it's still somewhat frustrating to see our own Spurs having problems getting stops.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-25-2006, 03:06 AM
oops! sorry Kori! I didn't see this thread

Kori Ellis
11-25-2006, 03:07 AM
That's okay. It's merged now.