PDA

View Full Version : Cheesy Don Harris

pooh
11-03-2004, 05:34 PM
Trying to make it like he had Pres Bush on...very low. It's official Don...YOU SUCK!

totalspurshomer
11-03-2004, 05:41 PM
What happened? I heard him tease it earlier in the show, but missed the segment. Was it some stupid stunt of his or what?

pooh
11-03-2004, 05:45 PM
yes...it was, I knew was fake when the "phony" Bush started talking. Then when he said he was up watching the election then flipping to Benny Hill, that gave it away. Geez, how does Don keep a job?

Clandestino
11-03-2004, 06:37 PM
Don is terrible.. SPAZ the monkey is a better sports picker than he is!

Solid D
11-03-2004, 06:49 PM
He had nationally recognized impressionist, Frank Caliendo, on there and it was hilarious!!! I couldn't stop laughing. He sounded very much like President Bush! He also did a 3-way conversation with "W", John Madden and Jim Rome. I don't see how he can slide from character to character without messing up.

Pooh, what's the matter with you? That was funny, dude!

pooh
11-03-2004, 06:57 PM
No it's dumb on his part to set it up like that and everything. He's just reaching for stuff now. Just come up front and say "the fake" President....it's like his "Tom Foolery" thing. I still say the "George from" Laredo is a plant in the station as well.

samikeyp
11-03-2004, 07:01 PM
dude....you didn't actually believe the real Bush would be on there did you? Frank Caliendo is hilarious. I heard him do that on Hardcore Sports a few weeks back....it was crazy!

pooh
11-03-2004, 07:09 PM
Well he sold it that his Dad was friends with Karen Hughes who works on Bush's staff, so it sound all legit. But once I heard the voice and how Harris was acting, that did it for me...what an idiot.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-03-2004, 10:38 PM
Van Earl & Siciliano had him on yesterday morning.

Kori Ellis
11-04-2004, 02:04 AM
I didn't think anyone would actually believe that the day after getting re-elected, the President would be on STSA. Of course it was going to be a fake.

Taco
11-04-2004, 08:25 AM
Trying to make it like he had Pres Bush on...very low. It's official Don...YOU SUCK!

:nope

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-04-2004, 08:53 AM
I didn't think anyone would actually believe that the day after getting re-elected, the President would be on STSA. Of course it was going to be a fake.

Kori, you think we can secure Vladimir Putin for a SpursZone column?

Blood Dong
11-04-2004, 09:27 AM
No it's dumb on his part to set it up like that and everything. He's just reaching for stuff now. Just come up front and say "the fake" President....it's like his "Tom Foolery" thing. I still say the "George from" Laredo is a plant in the station as well.

Perhaps you've heard me call in as the "Anti-Laredo George" as my name is George too. Laredo George is too much of an ass whip to be in cahoots with the station. He's got the biggest bag of nothing I've ever seen. I hope they realize they need to screen their callers better. Tom Foolery=Greatness If he did his Tom Foolery the same way he does it for the Ticket in Dallas, people here would love it. He just does it all the time here, and it's lost it's appeal. I don't understand why he doesn't have any of the guys from Dallas call in and do their characters, like he does for them. We would be laughing our asses off if he did. Oh yeah, one more thing...............VEX SUX BALLS!!!!! :elephant

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-04-2004, 09:49 AM
VEX SUX BALLS!!!!! :elephant

Vex is one of the only redeeming qualities of STSA. Vex is good.

AlamoSpursFan
11-04-2004, 09:53 AM

Come on, Kori...this is Pooh we're talking about here.

:lol

Blood Dong
11-04-2004, 10:12 AM
Vex is one of the only redeeming qualities of STSA. Vex is good.

Sir!! Put the pipe down!! He is way over the top, and it is forced chemistry between he and Walter. He needs to lighten up, and not be so hardcore sportstalk guy. For instance, yesterday at the beginning of the show, "Ok todays topic, Who is the Spurs biggest rival?" Thats the platform for the ENTIRE show?? Are you freakin kidding me!!!??? Plan out your segments buddy, I don't need 3 hours of the same topic. "hello ticket 760 who are your rivals?" over and over and over!!!I emailed him once and told him that he is the typical sports guy wiht typical topics. I asked him if your gonna be that way, why not discuss Emmitt vs. Barry, Should Pete Rose be in the Hall of Fame?, and national league baseball vs. american league baseball. And he actually came back with, "I think those would be great topics to discuss on the air" SWEET JESUS are you kidding!!! shit, just discuss the infield fly rule while your at it!! I'm waiting for him to throw out lines like, "Let me hear from you, this is your show, your the straw that stirs the sports drink!!" "Your the captain I'm your ship, steer me!!" I'm so annoyed now...........no funeral

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-04-2004, 10:23 AM
Hardcore sports talk guy? Right, that's why I had to hear about gaffes in election coverage from him, Don and Walt-rah halfway on my drive to Austin yesterday.

Vex isn't the problem on chemistry with Walter, it's Walter.

Don Harris seems to just drain the show anytime I hear him.

And about the whole Spurs thing yesterday, it WAS just the Spurs season opener now.

His sister station is the broadcast flagship of the Spurs, too.

Blood Dong
11-04-2004, 10:34 AM
ok we're even, sorta...
spurs opener=big deal, but don't give me a topic and make that the basis for the WHOLE show!!

election stuff= well it WAS history

don harris= small doses now. I think you'll live

chemistry=I hear Vex throw out his knee jerk reactions on things, and Walter just knocks'em out of the park. Vex is too over the top, and his explanations are rediculous, and last not but not least...........he's got Little Man's Disease!!!!!

what sister station?

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-04-2004, 10:41 AM
what sister station?

http://cctvimedia.clearchannel.com/woai/woai200.gif

Blood Dong
11-04-2004, 10:47 AM
oh yeah........

pooh
11-04-2004, 10:09 PM
Vex isn't bad as some have mentioned it's Walter. I think he still assumes that it's him and Don, who knows? When Don does come on, the show grinds down to a halt. You can only handle so much of his "What up boys?" and "Wow" over and over...like an annoying Merv Griffin.

Another thing they need to do is limit Merrymans' input into the show. Everytime I heard him, I keep waiting for someone to call him "Roz" from Frazier.

Tommy Lee
11-04-2004, 11:05 PM
Don Harris is the biggest damn jackass you'll find on any free radio out there, right up there with Al Franken from the "Dead" Air America network.

Harris you suck
:flipoff

samikeyp
11-05-2004, 12:27 AM
so if Spaz misbehaves....does Don have to spank his monkey?

pooh
11-05-2004, 01:41 AM
Wonder how Spaz would taste over open coals? With Bullseye BBQ sauce. :)

Blood Dong
11-05-2004, 09:52 AM
Vex isn't bad as some have mentioned it's Walter. I think he still assumes that it's him and Don, who knows? When Don does come on, the show grinds down to a halt. You can only handle so much of his "What up boys?" and "Wow" over and over...like an annoying Merv Griffin.

Another thing they need to do is limit Merrymans' input into the show. Everytime I heard him, I keep waiting for someone to call him "Roz" from Frazier.

OK Pooh, here's your chance. What is soooooo great about Vex?
Merriman needs to pick and choose his moments a little better, but overall, his attitude shows he wants to have a good time and not be so serious all the time, which brings me back to Vex, and him needing to tap on the brakes, and callm the freak down!!
Vex= Winner of the "Silver Patella Award" for his knee jerk reactions

mouse
11-05-2004, 10:20 AM
Pooh if you want the real Bush see SpursWoman :lmao

mouse
11-05-2004, 10:34 AM
Sir!! Put the pipe down!!
^RACK^ :lmao

"Ok today's topic, Who is the Spurs biggest rival?" That's the platform for the ENTIRE show??
My point as well, Jeff Vexler let me down also, It seems like Walter can trim his beard and Jeff will say "hey how many spurs players will look good in a beard"? call in folks with your top 4 bearded sports players.

man talk about topic radio going soft? heck there are better topics at this website than that radio show ever came up with, I am sorry but I am so glad i stopped tuning in Sept,

Are you freakin kidding me!!!???

Unfortunately Jeff is serious about his show I wish it was all a big joke but there show is no better than me and Joe Chalupa talking at a bar,

Plan out your segments buddy,

That would make to much seance, The sad part is I think he does plan those shows,, I can just see him sitting on the toilet saying hey I have an idea, What top 4 players read when they are taking a crap, I will have callers calling on there top 4 reading material while on the toilet,

I don't need 3 hours of the same topic.

This is a good point, even the most cheesiest radio shows change the subject every hour.

"hello ticket 760 who are your rivals?" over and over and over!!!I emailed him once and told him that he is the typical sports guy wiht typical topics. I asked him if your gonna be that way, why not discuss Emmitt vs. Barry, Should Pete Rose be in the Hall of Fame?, and national league baseball vs. american league baseball. And he actually came back with, "I think those would be great topics to discuss on the air" SWEET JESUS are you kidding!!!

Pssssst ! not to burst your bubble or DE motivate you or anything but......They really don't give a rats ass about what you or i want, just a heads up brah i have been there done that already,

shit, just discuss the infield fly rule while your at it!! I'm waiting for him to throw out lines like, "Let me hear from you, this is your show, your the straw that stirs the sports drink!!" "Your the captain I'm your ship, steer me!!" I'm so annoyed now...........no funeral

That show was Monday you missed it.. :lmao

Blood Dong
11-05-2004, 12:35 PM
I emailed my sentiments to Nate Lundy yesterday, and brought up the fact that KTCK, THe Ticket in Dallas, is a blueprint for success, and he knows it, and I was met with, "Don't compare Dallas to San Antonio its a top 10 radio market, and they have a big budget for staffing and marketing." I told him I wasn't comparing the two, but rather pointing out that the things they do on the air just WORKS!! And you don't need a big budget to be creative!! And by the way, ALL radio officianados in Dallas Ft. Worth said an all day local sports radio station would fail miserbly, and it is now 11 or 12 years later. I bet they didnt have a big budget when they started. He said he respects my opinion, but he says he gets lots of emails saying Vex is great. Well buddy, let's see'em!!! And I told him that if he didn't work for Clear Channel, he would have a very different opnion of the product they are throwin out there. I know they have to back their guys, what else are they going to say? I know they aren't going to please every listener, but they need to LISTEN to us!! I asked him why they arent doing any remotes at any locations for STSA, I mean it's their "featured" show. I asked him to hire me, I can get remotes set up for them!! He said STSA is not their "feature" show. I said thats BS I've live here a little over a year, and I knew when I moved here, that was the show they promote the most. Agree? THey have the opportunity to make this great, too bad they tripped straight out of the gate.

maxpower
11-05-2004, 01:37 PM
I totally agree with your view on the Dallas Ticket. To add to it..that station actually has competition. There are 3 sports stations in Dallas. ESPN Radio, Fox Radio and The Ticket. The Ticket(last I read) was the ratings leader. They have a nice mixture of personalities. The old stalwart Norm Hitzges, who has been in radio for 30 years. They have one of the newspaper writers from the Dallas Morning News(Dale Hanson) with two hours a week during lunch mondays and fridays. I like how they hand off one show to another...the hosts interact for a few minutes on hot topics. They constantly ride each other...it's just something you have to listen to.

Carnie
11-05-2004, 02:13 PM
you e mailed Nate? I had no idea ,I take back what I said you will see things get done now, :lmao

gophergeorge
11-05-2004, 02:30 PM
Kori, you think we can secure Vladimir Putin for a SpursZone column?

If Vlad can't make it, I can.

Regards,

Yassir Arafat

mouse
11-05-2004, 02:45 PM
If Vlad can't make it, I can.

Regards,

Yassir Arafat

^RACK^ :lmao

Blood Dong
11-05-2004, 03:58 PM
you e mailed Nate? I had no idea ,I take back what I said you will see things get done now, :lmao

yeah I know. I could smell the frustration, when I opened his email!!

mouse
11-05-2004, 04:02 PM
yeah I know. I could smell the frustration, when I opened his email!!
wait till you find out is was not him but an intern that e mailed you back :lmao

Blood Dong
11-05-2004, 05:02 PM
sweet, and btw, I am so glad I finally got someone to agree wiht me on this forum. I wasn't exactly met with open arms.
Mouse=genius

PeterBurns
11-05-2004, 05:16 PM
That's It!

I've sat idle long enough.
I made some phone calls, and talked Nate into.
Back by popular demand.....

http://www.teddwebb.com/showcase/where_are_they_now/nanci_donellan.jpg

samikeyp
11-05-2004, 05:19 PM
:hang

never more have I missed the vomit emoticon than right now!

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-05-2004, 05:20 PM
That's It!

http://www.stupidness.net/archives/images/simgoggles.jpg

Blood Dong
11-05-2004, 05:56 PM
That's It!

I listend to her in Lubbock, cuz it's all I had. She dresses out at about 280lbs. she is one nasty and boring bitch!!