PDA

View Full Version : Best Center in the NBA?

Spursfan21
11-25-2006, 06:51 PM
I would have to go with Big Ben. His defensive presence makes teams much better. Just look at Detroit this year. They won't be nearly as dominant as in years past. Amare is also up there as a dominant player when healthy. Shaq, though his career is admirable and his leadership is important, is pretty much washed up. He is becoming more of a liability for his team than the dominant player of old. He looks worse each year. Maybe it's time to hang up the shoes and start advertising for Ben Gay.

RS189
11-25-2006, 06:57 PM
Yao very easily

Chris Childs
11-25-2006, 07:02 PM
I would also have to go with Big Ben. His defensive presence makes teams much better. Just look at Detroit this year. They won't be nearly as dominant as in years past. Amare is also up there as a dominant player when healthy. Shaq, though his career is admirable and his leadership is important, is pretty much washed up. He is becoming more of a liability for his team than the dominant player of old. He looks worse each year. Maybe it's time to hang up the shoes and start advertising for Ben Gay.

Like who? The Pistons? Wait a minute he doesn't play for the pistons no more. Where have you been? Don't even tell me he made Chicago better. Them standings don't lie. BENGAY WALLACE IS OVERRATED!!! PERIOD.

BUMP
11-25-2006, 07:21 PM
I would also have to go with Big Ben. His defensive presence makes teams much better. Just look at Detroit this year. They won't be nearly as dominant as in years past. Amare is also up there as a dominant player when healthy. Shaq, though his career is admirable and his leadership is important, is pretty much washed up. He is becoming more of a liability for his team than the dominant player of old. He looks worse each year. Maybe it's time to hang up the shoes and start advertising for Ben Gay.

or you could look at Chicago this year, the team he actually plays for.

give me Dwight Howard all day

JMarkJohns
11-25-2006, 07:34 PM
The center position is dead. Yao is one of the few that play the position with anything resembling greatness. Oden will help, but Wallace, Amare, Jermaine, Duncan, Howard... all those who play the position on occasion, are much more of forwards than centers.

BTW, Ben Wallace isn't anywhere near the best center in the NBA.

If Howard is going to groomed as a center, then he's it. If not, then Yao.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-25-2006, 07:36 PM
Ben Wallace had 0 points and 0 rebounds against the freakin 76ers. That's inexcusable for someone who might be the best center in the NBA.

John_Salley
11-25-2006, 07:53 PM
Alonzo Mourning is a better defensive center than Ben
Wallace could ever hope to be. If Zo didn't go down
with his kidney disease, he would have kept on
winning defensive player of the year.

dave
11-25-2006, 09:41 PM
rasho nesterovic

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-25-2006, 09:45 PM
:lol angel_luv now hates you.

Spursfan21
11-26-2006, 01:02 AM
Like who? The Pistons? Wait a minute he doesn't play for the pistons no more. Where have you been? Don't even tell me he made Chicago better. Them standings don't lie. BENGAY WALLACE IS OVERRATED!!! PERIOD.

He has won the Defensive Player of the Year Award 4 times which have all occured in the last 5 years. He is the only player in NBA history to win the Defensive Player of the Year Award four times in five years. It doesn't matter that he doesn't score that much because his defense makes up for it.

He won all the awards with the Pistons, but I look forward to see the awards coming while he is with the Bulls now.And yes he will make the Bulls better..

P.S - Stop hating and contribute.(Who do you think is the best C in the NBA? And why)

Marklar MM
11-26-2006, 01:04 AM
Yao Ming is probably #1 right now.

Spursfan21
11-26-2006, 01:07 AM
Yao Ming is probably #1 right now.

If it werent for Big Ben,Yao would of probably been my first choice..

Yao was a beast until he messed up his foot. Dwight Howard is also making a huge case for best center in the league. My choice would of come down to these two, with me probably picking D-Howard because he has been a beast on the boards and he has been showing off some impressive low post moves..

dave
11-26-2006, 01:08 AM
i would consider okafor if the bobcats didnt suck so much

Sense
11-26-2006, 01:30 AM
It's between

Howard
Yao
Okafor

Those 3 have been great this season...

phyzik
11-26-2006, 01:55 AM
Elson!! :drunk

FlipMavFan
11-26-2006, 02:05 AM
Dallas' Three headed monster: Damp Diop Mbenga

THE SIXTH MAN
11-26-2006, 03:44 AM
Dallas' Three headed monster: Damp Diop Mbenga
I hope your joking.^^^

I don't think there's a clear cut best, but I do think that Yao Ming, Dwight Howard, and Omeka Okafor should be the three up for debate.

HeatOwnzNba
11-26-2006, 03:48 AM
Alonzo Mourning is a better defensive center than Ben
Wallace could ever hope to be. If Zo didn't go down
with his kidney disease, he would have kept on
winning defensive player of the year.

Finally! A piston fan who isn't 100% retarded.

mavsfan1000
11-26-2006, 03:52 AM
Big Ben has become Big Bust for Chicago. :lol

Texas_Ranger
11-26-2006, 04:09 AM
I would pick Howard. He can make a shot, he can dunk, he can jump, he can block, he is just perfect center.

cherylsteele
11-26-2006, 10:47 AM
Zydrunas Ilgauskas

LakeShow
11-26-2006, 10:52 AM
Yao by a landslide, which doesnt say much for the NBA today!

KFRebel
11-27-2006, 05:18 AM
I would have to go with Big Ben. His defensive presence makes teams much better. Just look at Detroit this year. They won't be nearly as dominant as in years past. Amare is also up there as a dominant player when healthy. Shaq, though his career is admirable and his leadership is important, is pretty much washed up. He is becoming more of a liability for his team than the dominant player of old. He looks worse each year. Maybe it's time to hang up the shoes and start advertising for Ben Gay.

http://www.orlyowl.com/owlmedley.gif

MAVSFANBITCH
11-27-2006, 05:45 PM
yao ming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dave
11-27-2006, 05:57 PM
rafael araujo

angel_luv
11-27-2006, 07:21 PM
rasho nesterovic

:lol angel_luv now hates you.

Au Contraire! Good answer! :)

MrChug
11-27-2006, 08:17 PM
I say since Jermaine O'Neal is playing the 5 next to Granger at the 4, that he has to get some consideration. 18 ppg, 9.3 rpg, and 3 bpg. Not bad. Not bad...

bdubya
11-27-2006, 08:56 PM
The whole thing really depends on how Shaq bounces back from the surgery. The jury is still out on Ben (plenty of time for him to get settled in with the Bulls, but that's a longshot), so at the moment it's Yao, just by default.

theroc5
11-27-2006, 09:36 PM
why be default, he is by far better then shaq right now and jo.

ALVAREZ6
11-27-2006, 11:17 PM
Dwight Howard. No doubt about it.

dirk4mvp
11-27-2006, 11:20 PM
Dwight Howard. No doubt about it.

:tu Dude is beast!

goddamn, I forgot my password to one of my mav's trolls. I was gonna raid this thread with Damp and Diop bullshit. :lol

resistanze
11-27-2006, 11:46 PM
Yao easily, assuming he stays healthy.

lordswing
11-28-2006, 12:29 AM
The best would have to be Dwight. I can't say that Yao would be putting up the same #s he usually does against Dwight, though I am confident in saying that Dwight would put up his usual #s against Yao.

tlongII
11-28-2006, 01:35 PM
Tim Duncan. It's not even close.

z0sa
11-28-2006, 02:49 PM
^ correct ...

but TRUE TRUE centers, not centers masquerading as PFs, I would say Yao.

ShackO
11-28-2006, 04:24 PM
What!!!!!!!!!!!

Miller didn't get a mention.....WTF?????

lol

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nba/sacramento/Bmillersac.jpg

IMO one on one ShaQ is still the biggest force play in and play out...... He certainly is not what he was but his presence still does more to warp an offense then any other C in the NBA........

Prob follwed very close by Wallace and then Yao............

DirkAB
11-28-2006, 05:08 PM
Undoubtedly it is Yao.

V-Murder
11-29-2006, 02:23 AM
I would probably say between Okafor and Howard. However, if Andris Biedrins keeps on playing the way he is playing right now, I might have to go ahead and give him the title of best center in the league. That guy has been a monster so far this season, especially once he became the starter (If you play in a fantasy league, it was be a very good choice to try and pick him up).
If Marcus Camby is healthy, he is pretty badass.

mabber
11-29-2006, 12:53 PM
Yao, with Howard the 2nd best.