11-25-2006, 10:56 PM
B. Wallace 19 0-2 0-0 0-0 0 0 1 0 0 0 2 0

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-25-2006, 11:02 PM
His presence was felt though.

T Park
11-25-2006, 11:05 PM
Thanks alot Ben.

Skiles will be fired any day now you gotta think.

E20
11-25-2006, 11:12 PM
I don't know, but I'm begining to think that Ben Wallace is overrated.

It even sounds like a a pipedream a 6'9" Center who guards people who are at least 5-6 inches taller than him.

ducks
11-25-2006, 11:14 PM
I think they will trade their young guns for a proven superstar
(kg or odom are 2 possibilities)

Pistons < Spurs
11-26-2006, 12:07 AM
I already posted this in the Piston section, but for those who don't regularly visit there:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...ack=1&cset=true

Skiles, Wallace butt heads in win
Headband issue overshadows win

By K.C. Johnson
Tribune staff reporter
Published November 25, 2006, 10:25 PM CST

NEW YORK -- Red is a bold color, which made Ben Wallace's decision all the more glaring.

Blatantly defying coach Scott Skiles' team rule prohibiting headbands, Wallace broke one out to match the Bulls' road uniforms Saturday night at Madison Square Garden.

A much-needed 106-95 victory over the Knicks that snapped the Bulls' six-game losing streak now will serve only as a partial tonic to a much more flammable situation. Thirteen games into a four-year contract that will pay him $60 million, Wallace and Skiles appear to be at odds.

One night after Wallace played a season-low 19 minutes 38 seconds, Skiles removed Wallace just 2:02 after tipoff for breaking the team rule.

The Bulls had a team meeting for 25 minutes after the game.

"That's an inside team matter," Skiles said.

Is Skiles' worried Wallace's insubordination will become an issue?

"No," he said. "I don't know why. I'm just not."

Skiles wouldn't comment on why the rule is in effect. Wallace wouldn't comment on if he agreed with the rule.

"I don't care about nothing," Wallace said. "All I know is we got the win."

Asked if he understood why he was benched, Wallace mumbled.

"Coach makes the decisions," he said. "I just play."

After he was taken out, assistant Ron Adams went to talk to Wallace. Fellow assistant Pete Myers, Wallace's closest confidant, subsequently followed suit. Finally, assistant Jim Boylan, Skiles' right-hand man, visited him. And still the headband remained.

When Wallace finally removed it, during a dead-ball situation with 2:41 left in the first quarter, Skiles called for Wallace to re-enter. He did so with 1:45 left in the first quarter and played 14:36 in the first half, grabbing four rebounds.

But the trouble didn't end there. Wallace slipped the headband back on just before second-half play was set to start. Skiles immediately sent Malik Allen to the scorer's table before play started.

When Wallace again removed the headband during a timeout with 5:46 left in the third, he re-entered just 81 seconds later.

At this point, Boylan had taken over as coach after official Tim Donaghy ejected Skiles with two quick technical fouls 56 seconds into the third.

In all, Wallace played 29 minutes, finishing with five points and seven rebounds.

Given that the incident came on the heels of a game in which Skiles benched Wallace for the final 17:44, questions about Wallace's happiness are legitimate. Asked before the game why Wallace hasn't played like, well, Wallace thus far, Skiles painted a positive picture.

"He has some games, but I think he would have to answer that," Skiles said. "We're not in any way unhappy with him."

Showing energy early and at both ends of the floor, the Bulls built a 24-point first-half lead in a game they had to win to avoid another winless extended November trip.

The Bulls forced 15 first-half turnovers in taking a 56-34 halftime lead. Luol Deng scored 16 of his 24 points before halftime, and Allen added 11 of his 15. Both Allen and seldom-used P.J. Brown contributed mightily in Wallace's absence.

Kirk Hinrich added 21 points and eight assists for the Bulls.

The Knicks ripped off a 21-11 run to open the fourth and halve their deficit and then pulled to within 98-93 on an Eddy Curry dunk with 1:46 remaining. But Andres Nocioni hit two free throws with 1:23 left and then took a charge from David Lee to right the ship.

Beyond Wallace's apparent insubordination, Skiles' ejection and the six-game losing streak, the Bulls needed this victory to restore their confidence. Nocioni, who contributed 19 points and seven rebounds, made a startling admission before the game.

"Defense is a mentality, and I think we have lost complete confidence," he said.

Skiles listed six specific problems when asked what ailed the Bulls' defense.

"There's many more, but I thought I was boring you," Skiles said, smiling.

The Wallace situation is no laughing matter.

alamo50
11-26-2006, 04:27 AM
..........and with all the controversy against Bruce, Zo will win Defensive Player of the YEar.