PDA

View Full Version : Ludden: Barry's play has Spurs smiling

Kori Ellis
11-26-2006, 12:58 AM
Barry's play has Spurs smiling

Web Posted: 11/25/2006 10:38 PM CST

Johnny Ludden
Express-News Staff Writer

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA112606.01C.BKNspurs.barry.3078835.html

The Arco Arena infirmary already had begun to resemble a grocery-store deli counter by the time Brent Barry walked through the door last week. Take a number. Get in line.

Sacramento forward Kenny Thomas was having his split lip stitched. Ronnie Price stood nearby with a deep cut on his chin that also needed to be closed.

Barry arrived holding a towel over his head. Underneath was a 2-inch gash just above his left temple, the result of a collision with Price that left both players sprawled on the court.

As Barry awaited his turn to be sewn up, one of the attending doctors tested him for a concussion. Having watched the Spurs guard already hit three 3-pointers, the Kings' medical staff wasn't exactly rushing to get him back on the floor.

"I'm going to give you a series of words, and I want you to repeat them back to me after I'm done," the doctor said. "Red. Car. Tree. Apple."

Barry stared blankly. "I drove my red car," he said, "into a tree while eating an apple."

"Well," said the doctor, smiling, "you appear to be just fine."

The Spurs would have to agree. Barry returns to Seattle tonight feeling more comfortable than ever in a black-and-white uniform. He has found his shot, his confidence and maybe even a role.

Barry began Saturday ranked third in the NBA in 3-point shooting, having made 58.1 percent of his attempts while averaging 9.3 points in 20.1 minutes. No reserve has been more productive for the Spurs this season. No player may be having more fun.

During Friday's loss to Dallas, he buried a 3-pointer to bring the Spurs within two, spun on his heels, sliced the air with an uppercut and screamed to the crowd. Two minutes earlier, he had leaped high to deflect a pass from Dirk Nowitzki before diving into the Spurs' bench to save the ball — earning him an enthusiastic swat on the rear from coach Gregg Popovich.

"I'm just trying to relax," Barry said, "and enjoy playing."

That wasn't always easy during Barry's first two seasons with the Spurs. After signing a four-year, $19 million contract with the team, he endured a lengthy shooting slump that robbed him of some of his confidence. His minutes became inconsistent, as well as his play.

Barry credits a lot of his turnaround to what he calls "that fateful day." On the morning of Feb. 23 — hours from last season's trade deadline — Popovich called to tell him he was being sent to New Orleans for J.R. Smith. Barry's heart sank.

"I wish there had been a local bar that was open," he said at the time, "but it was 10 in the morning."

Four hours later, Barry received another call from Popovich: With the Spurs and Hornets unable to find another team with salary-cap room to facilitate the deal, the trade had collapsed. Barry had an hour to join the Spurs at the airport for their trip to Memphis.

"There are so many things I'm capable of doing on the court and haven't had a consistent showing of it, whether that was because of minutes or the way I was approaching games," Barry said. "It certainly wasn't for lack of work. But maybe, mentally, my mindset wasn't where it was supposed to be.

"Ever since that fateful day, I've just tried to relax and say, 'I don't want to have this opportunity and let it slip by.' I want to enjoy it and contribute to the team."

Popovich sympathized with Barry. He was rejoining a team he knew had tried to trade him. But Popovich also gave him an order: Be aggressive and stop fretting over missed shots.

"He's never been super confident in that kind of a philosophy," Popovich said. "He's always beaten himself up if he misses things or makes a turnover.

"I just tried to tell him, 'Beat yourself up if you don't react defensively the way I want you to react.' That other stuff, just kiss it off. And next time you touch (the ball), let it fly again."

Barry played well the second half of the season. In the second game of the playoffs, he hit a late 3-pointer to force overtime against Sacramento — a shot that helped the Spurs advance to the conference semifinals.

Though aware the Spurs were still looking for a younger perimeter player, Barry worried about only one thing this summer: finding big-enough waves to surf near his home in Southern California. Nor did he complain when Popovich didn't play him in the season opener against Dallas.

Two games later in Toronto, Popovich called on Barry in the first quarter with the Spurs down 11. He made all five of his 3-pointers. The next night in New York, he made five more.

Barry has hit at least three 3-pointers in five of the nine games he has played more than 12 minutes. He's also shooting 91.7 percent from the foul line.

"I think the whole key with him is he's just playing free in his mind," Tony Parker said. "He looks like he's not thinking."

Popovich initially gave Michael Finley the majority of minutes at the backup wing positions to help get him on track. But as Barry has continued to play well, his role has expanded. He runs the floor well, is one of the team's best passers, and, on most nights, has provided a jolt of energy.

"The more aggressive he is, the better player he is because he creates for everybody," Popovich said. "He's a hell of a basketball talent, but the mental side has gotten in his way from time to time because he gets down on himself.

"That hasn't happened so far this year because he knows there's kind of an ax hanging there: Be aggressive or sit."

"Maybe it's just time," Barry said, "to say, 'Message received.'"

Notable: Manu Ginobili, who has a bruised lower back, accompanied the team to Seattle but is questionable to play tonight.

T Park
11-26-2006, 01:05 AM
Yeah Im sure Finley will start, and Barry comes off the bench.

Hopefully Finley finds his shot, and Barry keeps shooting.

ChumpDumper
11-26-2006, 04:04 AM
WHERE ARE THE BARRY HATERS NOW????

whottt
11-26-2006, 04:18 AM
Don't even try to claim board because Pop couldn't figure out how to get the most out of Barry....

Let me show you something you conveniently overlooked:

There are so many things I'm capable of doing on the court and haven't had a consistent showing of it, whether that was because of minutes

He should have added...that people(like Pop and Chump) don't see...

Who was the one saying Pop was handling him wrong? Scoreboard.

Meanwhile...now that Barry's playing well Pop's having to dig really deep to find completely offensively inept lineups to put on the court....luckily for you and him, he's a genius at offensive suck and managed to pull out one of the shittiest offensive lineups in team history from one of the best benches in team history. Props to Pop and his nutswinger for that one. Hope you enjoyed the loss as much as Pop did.

You and Pop sure taught...er ahh...someone, a lesson with that lineup.

timvp
11-26-2006, 04:30 AM
Popovich called to tell him he was being sent to New Orleans for J.R. Smith.

Where are those saying timvp was crazy for wanting JR Smith? I might have to do some thread bumping.

For those not in the know, JR Smith is averaging 17.5 points on 46% shooting from the field and 38.8% from three. And he's only 21.

What a great trade that would have been :pctoss

whottt
11-26-2006, 04:38 AM
James White>>>>JR Smith

timvp
11-26-2006, 04:42 AM
James White>>>>JR Smith

JR Smith on the Spurs would be an All-Star within three years. James White might be in the NBA in three years.

whottt
11-26-2006, 04:43 AM
Kiki Vandeweghe(or whoever)>>>>>RC

timvp
11-26-2006, 04:52 AM
Kiki Vandeweghe(or whoever)>>>>>RC

:lol

I'll give it to you that you were on board with the JR Smith trade.

ChumpDumper
11-26-2006, 05:01 AM
Let me show you something you conveniently overlooked:Fuck you.

You overlooked the whole quote.

"There are so many things I'm capable of doing on the court and haven't had a consistent showing of it, whether that was because of minutes or the way I was approaching games," Barry said. "It certainly wasn't for lack of work. But maybe, mentally, my mindset wasn't where it was supposed to be.

"Ever since that fateful day, I've just tried to relax and say, 'I don't want to have this opportunity and let it slip by.' I want to enjoy it and contribute to the team."

Again. Fuck you. Barry is better than you thought he was.

whottt
11-26-2006, 05:02 AM
Truthfully...I didn't think JR Smith would be playing this good this quickly. I definitely thought he was a 2-3 year project.

timvp
11-26-2006, 05:04 AM
Fuck you.

Brent Barry admits to sucking for his first 1.5 years as a Spur. He was playing scared and he knows it. I don't get how whottt can pretend Barry was always playing well his whole time as a Spur.

Since the "scare", he's played rather well ... in the regular season.

whottt
11-26-2006, 05:07 AM
Fuck you.

And big fuck you to you as well since....

A. Barry was contributing even when he was struggling, sometimes even with his shooting. And...

B. He's not going to keep shooting 90% from 3 for the entire season. IF that's what he has to do to get court time...fuck you.

Yawn...we can find the same type quote from 2 years ago when we won the championship....supposedly the corner had been turned before. And the fact remains Barry was contributing even when his shot wasn't falling...this is entirely about his shot falling, and it will happen again, and like every other year of his Spurs career...Barry still doesn't get doubled off of.

Again I'll point out that Barry is a bigger part of the offense and as has always been the case, when that happens Barry plays well...you won't hear that in the media because Barry isn't a whiner and mentioning that would definitely be considered whining...don't use stupidity to defend stupidity Chump...that's what gets you on my badside.

ChumpDumper
11-26-2006, 05:09 AM
Again, I'll point out that Barry is owning you by saying he wasn't all that great before the near trade.

whottt
11-26-2006, 05:09 AM
Brent Barry admits to sucking for his first 1.5 years as a Spur. He was playing scared and he knows it. I don't get how whottt can pretend Barry was always playing well his whole time as a Spur.

Since the "scare", he's played rather well ... in the regular season.

I never said he played well the entire time...only that our offense was better with him in the game even when his shot was not falling....

But you guys obviously would rather enjoy the current Finley shooting extravaganza than see beyond the stats. By all means...enjoy it.

whottt
11-26-2006, 05:11 AM
Again, I'll point out that Barry is owning you by saying he wasn't all that great before the near trade.

And I'll point out that Barry is owning you when he mentions minutes....

DO you honestly expect Barry to criticize Pop in the paper?

Don't defend stupidity with stupidity Chump...selective denseness is not a debate skill.

ChumpDumper
11-26-2006, 05:13 AM
selective denseness is not a debate skill.And selective quoting is, right bitch?

Barry is better than you thought he was and it kills you inside.

whottt
11-26-2006, 05:16 AM
And selective quoting is, right bitch?

What can I say...I learned from the master on that.

Barry is better than you thought he was and it kills you inside.

Tool, I was arguing for more minutes and a bigger role, even without the shooting 90%...I got scoreboard when we won a title with his shot not falling...and Devin practicing Golf.

IF you think he is going to keep shooting at this current rate you are stupider............well you know the drill.

It's ludicrous that you admire someone stinking it up all over the place like Finley and dragging them team down with him in the process, over someone who can still be effective when his shot isn't falling.

Then again...you barely register a complaint when a Horry, Vaughn Oberto, Bowen and Finley lineup is used to start the fourth against a highpowered offense....

ChumpDumper
11-26-2006, 05:23 AM
I don't give a shit about the hot shooting this season. I've been praising Barry's play since the near trade. It's fine for you to jack off to his subpar play before that, but I held him to a higher standard.

Barry says fuck you, he knows he was better than that.

whottt
11-26-2006, 05:24 AM
And yet Barry hurt the team far more in last years post season run(jn fewer minutes) than he did in the previous year.....let's call it the Pop effect...and by all means praise away.

whottt
11-26-2006, 05:25 AM
I wonder what made Oberto stop sucking....his coach getting smarter?

Amazing....I didn't think that was possible with Pop.

ChumpDumper
11-26-2006, 05:25 AM
:lmao

So now he's not good?

Make up your mind.

Barry still says fuck you.

timvp
11-26-2006, 05:26 AM
And yet Barry hurt the team far more in last years post season run(jn fewer minutes) than he did in the previous year.....let's call it the Pop effect...and by all means praise away.

:lol You didn't believe that when I was saying it the other day.

whottt
11-26-2006, 05:28 AM

So now he's not good?

Saying he's only as good as his shooting now is a truer statement than it was in 05....when it wasn't true, at all.

Still...he's getting to do more than just play spot up shooter so we'll see if he gets back to where he was in 05 as an all around offensive player.

Make up your mind.

Barry still says fuck you.

Yawn...so stupid and yet...so stupid.

whottt
11-26-2006, 05:29 AM
:lol You didn't believe that when I was saying it the other day.

Um...I ripped Barry in the Mavs series....he'd been popified..

Finley doesn't need to be Popified, he's that way naturally.

ChumpDumper
11-26-2006, 05:30 AM

Hootie is championing "Barry is awesome" and "Barry sucks" at the same time.

Nice try.

whottt
11-26-2006, 05:39 AM
Whottt argued for more minutes in 05...Barry got them(by default, not because Pop or Chump or anyone saw his contributions)...we won a title.

While Devin the Golden Boy contributed exactly jack shit and is no longer even playing in the NBA.

This owns you guys on so many levels that you will never recover from it.

Whottt was not a real big champion of the Barry change last season...Barry was not as effective, despite what his shooting PCT says, our offense no longer got greased by him coming into the game as it did in 05, and Finley filled the role of shot chucking motherfucker that Spurs fan so admire better than Barry....I welcomed it because everyone finally shut the fuck up about Barry not because I thought the team was better.

And it could be argued he actually cost us a game in Dallas series due to his game and role being severely limited by Pop during the season and then all of a sudden being asked to do more without warning.

Someday you'll get on my level and understand there's more to the game than shooting PCT....and that jacking up shots like an MVP is not akin to winning the Medal of Honor so much as it is bad non-thinking basketball.

This year it appears Pop has finally come around to knowing his value(although no one knows for sure if Pop won't get stupid again) and letting him play in the offense as more than a shooter......I'm not near as impressed with his shooting as you guys are and I can't tell how much his all around game has returned.

But Barry, like me, knows he has it, and that's quote you tards need to be noticing.

ChumpDumper
11-26-2006, 05:41 AM

So he's not good now.

You're a Barry hater.

Barry says fuck you.

whottt
11-26-2006, 05:52 AM

So he's not good now.

I don't know yet....Finley's sucking so bad it's not even debateable who the better option is....it's not even worth debating at this point. Although something tells me Pop will give us a reason to debate it in the next few days.

I'm not sure Barry impacts the teams offense as positively as he did in 05...

#1. It's still too early in the season.

#2. And he is the no brainer choice off the bench...because Finley sucks not because of any noticable offensive improvement.

But I will say this...I don't remember us losing any games in 05 when Barry played as well statistically as he did in the Mavs game...I am sure we did, but we usually scored over 100 when that happened.

You're a Barry hater.

I reserve the right to remain the most insightful and highest basketball IQ'ed poster on the forum...if that means I have to be critical of Barry when his shooting PCT says otherwise...so be it.

I wasn't blindly jocking Barry in 05...I just liked winning more than the Devin show.

Barry says fuck you.

And Pop's says his nuts need scratching...since I've generously dispensed your morning ownning..best for you to run along now like a good CHUMP and get to work...Pop's calling.

ChumpDumper
11-26-2006, 05:53 AM
I reserve the right to flip-flop whenever I can, preferably in the same thread.

whottt
11-26-2006, 05:54 AM
I reserve the right to remain stupid

ChumpDumper
11-26-2006, 05:57 AM
I reserve the right to be a douche ripping off timvp's third person self-referrals.I've had enough of your Barry hating. It's disgusting.

whottt
11-26-2006, 06:01 AM
I truly believe Pop can turn any player into Stephen Jackson, I'm stupid like that.

ChumpDumper
11-26-2006, 06:03 AM
Nah, Pop's just a coach. Barry's just a player. You're just a hater.

If you need the last word, go ahead and have it, hater. I'm done with you.

whottt
11-26-2006, 06:05 AM
Thank you.

In closing I'd just like to say that 3rd person referrals are probably last on the list of things TimVP is upset about me ripping off right about now ;)

And you're a douchebag.

ducks
11-26-2006, 10:14 AM
jr smith put up 36 against the bulls when has barry done that
I like barry but can he put up 36 ?

1Parker1
11-26-2006, 10:29 AM
"That hasn't happened so far this year because he knows there's kind of an ax hanging there: Be aggressive or sit."

What I don't get is why that philosophy doesn't apply to Michael Finley. I know Finley is going to eventually come out of his mini-shooting slump and be normal, but how come he's still often the first guy off the bench and still gets minutes almost every night. When Barry was sucking like that in the begining of last season, his ass was on the bench.

Against Dallas the last game, Finley was not only missing his shots, but he wasn't even playing aggressively or giving much. Yet he was right there to start the 4th quarter :wtf

Zunni
11-26-2006, 11:17 AM
Lost in the shuffle: JR Smith is a FA in '08. Denver is totally cap-bound with big man contracts, so if JR can play a lick of defense, I'm thinking he might be on our shopping list. Then again, he might be Denver-fied by then, and beyond salvaging.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-26-2006, 11:58 AM
God damnit a classic whottt/dumper thread and i missed all the action.

RACK

smeagol
11-26-2006, 06:20 PM
WHERE ARE THE BARRY HATERS NOW????

Yes, where the fuck are they?

Your "I said he could play better" line is as idiotic as trying to pass whottt as a Barry hater.

You have kicked your own ass on this debate, the same way you kicked it on the Manu vs Hedo debate.

The problem is you simply cannot get yourself to admit it.

ChumpDumper
11-26-2006, 07:05 PM
Barry is playing better like I said he could. He was playing like a pussy and I had seen him not play like a pussy before. I wanted him to not play like a pussy anymore, and now he's not playing like a pussy. How is that owning myself?

You were fine with his playing like a pussy. You thought his pussy play was perfect and worth every penny of his contract. Barry is owning you and whottt by not playing like a pussy anymore, just like I said he could.

And if you can find a post of mine from the summer of 04 pleading to keep Hedo over Manu, bring it on. LJ would remember something like that.

whottt
11-26-2006, 07:32 PM
Good job of laying the samckdown on chumps azz...smeag

Chump knows the Hedo>Manu thread is no longer in the archives because it wasn't moved from FullSportPress(and believe me, I've looked).

Plus if you actually go look up one of Chump's previous selfasskickings(of which there are many) he not only doesn't admit error when blatantly pwnt...he then busts into no life smack with his 18k posts.

Just pat yourself on the back for knowing a Chump when you argue with one...don't expect the Chump to stop being the Chump.

Chump, TimVP has his own recent ownings to deal with and I seriously doubt he bothered to mentally archive past Chumpings...stop crying for help.

IIRC TimVP was not a major participant in Manu>Hedo anyway, was never a particularly big fan of Hedo's, at that time he was more caught up in being annoyed with Rasho and patting himself on the back for the 10-10 start and Mercer/Heal benching/waivings than anything else.

ChumpDumper
11-26-2006, 07:34 PM
Shut up, Barry hater.

whottt
11-26-2006, 07:36 PM
Wow...I think you hit a chump nerve(cherve?) smeag....whatever you are doing...keep on keepin' on ;). Quite enjoyable.

ChumpDumper
11-26-2006, 07:37 PM
Keep pining for the pussy Barry of old, Neo-Barry hater.

whottt
11-26-2006, 07:39 PM
Awww Chump is getting in touch with his innerchile...

smeagol
11-26-2006, 07:41 PM
And if you can find a post of mine from the summer of 04 pleading to keep Hedo over Manu, bring it on. LJ would remember something like that.

Not sure the thread was in the summer of 04 or not. But that thread existed and you looked like a fool in it.

But don't worry, many other credible ( and not so credible) posters looked like fools back then when theycritized Manu. I found some of the Walton pearls I was looking for, if anybody is interested :lol

ChumpDumper
11-26-2006, 07:41 PM
Aw, whottt is getting in touch with his nether regions at the thought of Barry's playing like a pussy again.

A man can dream.

ChumpDumper
11-26-2006, 07:43 PM
Not sure the thread was in the summer of 04 or not. But that thread existed and you looked like a fool in it.

But don't worry, many other credible ( and not so credible) posters looked like fools back then when theycritized Manu. I found some of the Walton pearls I was looking for, if anybody is interested :lmao

Manu is not above criticism. No one is. Get that through your head.

whottt
11-26-2006, 07:44 PM
Smeagol>>>>Chump

whottt
11-26-2006, 07:45 PM
Stop laughing at smeag because he's got you pegged as a chokerlover. The healing doesn't begin until you admit you have a problem.

ChumpDumper
11-26-2006, 07:46 PM
Aw, now hootie's getting mad. Tough shit.

whottt
11-26-2006, 07:47 PM
I'm not getting mad...I'm thoroughly enjoying watching you try to squirm out of past stupidity when you know your azz is nailed.

ChumpDumper
11-26-2006, 07:50 PM
Haven't been nailed at all.

I criticized Manu and I criticized Barry. For some reason you twerps can't stand that and have to suck each other's cocks because of it.

whottt
11-26-2006, 07:50 PM
Keep on squirmin' chump....

squirm, squirm, squirm, squirm, squirm, like the squirming chump you are.

squirm bitch squirm

ChumpDumper
11-26-2006, 07:52 PM
Keep on sucking hootie.

suck, suck, suck, suck, suck, suck like the sucking twerp you are.

ShoogarBear
11-26-2006, 07:53 PM
This is not where I parked my car.

ChumpDumper
11-26-2006, 07:53 PM

whottt
11-26-2006, 07:54 PM
*squirm*

ChumpDumper
11-26-2006, 07:54 PM
*slurp*

whottt
11-26-2006, 07:58 PM
a squirmin bitch i am, a squirmin bitch i am, hi-ho the dairy-o a squirmin bitch i am

ChumpDumper
11-26-2006, 08:00 PM
[can't talk with my mouth full]

whottt
11-26-2006, 08:01 PM
squirmamundooooooo

ChumpDumper
11-26-2006, 08:02 PM
*gag*

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-26-2006, 08:02 PM
This MUST go in the classic forum.

greens
11-26-2006, 08:03 PM
I think Barry has been amazing so far this season. He's a lot more confident. He's a great 3 point shooter and a great passer...And now when he actually plays, I don't get nervous...lol.

Last two seasons, in my opinion, he wasn't good. Definitely not in critical times. If you read the article carefully, you'll see that Barry himself admits that he hasn't been playing with confidence last two seasons...It's a mental thing, not a talent thing. And Pop had wanted to trade him for a very good reason. Even as you look at the 05 champinship Game 7 vs the Pistons, Barry made a number of critical errors in the fourth quarter, right when it mattered the most. So I don't blame Pop for trying to trade him...

However, judging by how he's been playing this season so far, I'm glad that the trade never worked out. Teammates can actually truly count on Barry now. When Barry shoots the ball, there is more confidence in him, in Pop, and in his teammates. So I'm glad that he's still a Spur who thus far has been getting only better this season. He's playing smarter, also. So he adds a lot this season. Plus we need him even more with Finley's shocking decline...

whottt
11-26-2006, 08:04 PM
but i can squirm with my mouth full, it's my everyday existence as a squirmin chokerlovin bitch

ShoogarBear
11-26-2006, 08:04 PM
Nah, they've done better.

WTF, greenleo? :madrun

ChumpDumper
11-26-2006, 08:05 PM
Much better, this is pretty lame.

whottt
11-26-2006, 08:05 PM
This MUST go in the classic forum.

There's nothing classic about a chump squirmfest...happens just about every time chump doesn't have a vague opinion on something.

ChumpDumper
11-26-2006, 08:06 PM
How dare greenleo not hate Barry now that he's playing well.

greens
11-26-2006, 08:07 PM

what's the problem? LOL...I didn't insult Barry or anything...and as much as I like Finley, no one can argue the fact that he is just not playing that well this season...don't know why. But it's the truth...

whottt

We're rusty...it still November and chump is hesitant to share his stupid opinion on anything this season.

ShoogarBear
One night, when they're both mods, there's going to be one of those matter/anti-matter things and nothing will be left of them but a few scattered glowing electrons.

ChumpDumper
11-26-2006, 08:08 PM
With any luck.

ShoogarBear
11-26-2006, 08:08 PM
what's the problem? LOL...I didn't insult Barry or anything...and as much as I like Finley, no one can argue the fact that he is just not playing that well this season...don't know why. But it's the truth...Dude, once whottt and Chump are locked in, it's bad form to revert to actual basketball.

greens
11-26-2006, 08:09 PM
How dare greenleo not hate Barry now that he's playing well.

I NEVER said that I ever hated Barry or any other Spurs player. But to be honest, the way Barry had played the last two seasons have made me very nervous...I just didn't believe IN him...but that's only because I don't even think Barry truly believed in himself at that time. Now, he has a lot of confidence...You know, better late than ever!

ChumpDumper
11-26-2006, 08:19 PM
I NEVER said that I ever hated Barry or any other Spurs player. But to be honest, the way Barry had played the last two seasons have made me very nervous...I just didn't believe IN him...but that's only because I don't even think Barry truly believed in himself at that time. Now, he has a lot of confidence...You know, better late than ever!Sorry, you aren't allowed to like his play now if you didn't like his playing like a pussy for almost two years. You must recognize that passing up open shots and handling the ball better than Beno Udrih is the pinnacle of basketball performance and nothing else is necessary for your enshrinement in the Hall of Fame. When Barry started playing better than that, he became a worse player. It makes perfect sense.

whottt
11-26-2006, 08:22 PM
Passing is nothing and jacking up shots(regardless of whether or not you are making them) is everything.

If you aren't jacking up a shot every time the ball hits your fucking hands, and trying to set the NBA record for FGA per minute played, you are fucking pussy in my stupid fucking book. So squirmeth chump, so squirmeth ye all

ChumpDumper
11-26-2006, 08:28 PM
[not done with smeagol yet, jaw getting sore, thinking about using my hand]

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-26-2006, 08:28 PM

smeagol
11-26-2006, 09:27 PM

Manu is not above criticism. No one is. Get that through your head.

Did I say otherwise?

I was trying to find the thread where you made an ass of yourself but couldn't, and found this one instead:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2590 (http://)

There's a couple of pearls of wisdom in it.

By the way, no one is right all the time. Get that through your head.

ChumpDumper
11-26-2006, 09:28 PM
Invalid URL.

I'm not always right.

greens
11-26-2006, 09:30 PM
Sorry, you aren't allowed to like his play now if you didn't like his playing like a pussy for almost two years. You must recognize that passing up open shots and handling the ball better than Beno Udrih is the pinnacle of basketball performance and nothing else is necessary for your enshrinement in the Hall of Fame. When Barry started playing better than that, he became a worse player. It makes perfect sense.

LOL...what a ridiculous post...Okay, just gonna ignore it...

whottt
11-26-2006, 09:49 PM
Invalid URL.

I'm hardly ever right.

Fixed

smeagol
11-26-2006, 10:33 PM
Invalid URL.

I'm not always right.

I suck at sticking links. :depressed

It's called "Ginobili: Yes or No". It was started by LJ on 07/06/2004 and you can find it in the middle of page 7 of the Classic Threads.

Nikos comes out pretty well (this is before Manu's contract and he pinpoints it within a range of $4MM. He also guesses what Tony got as a contract one year before it happened).

Many others, including Kori herself, thought paying $50MM to Manu was overpaying.

Walton, who is so high on Manu now, says tings such as "Tell him to go back to wiping his ass with newspaper" as an answer to the question "Would you pay Manu a $60MM contract?".

He also says "Why not match the offer then turn around and trade his mediocre ass to Seattle for Ray Allen?".

But again, it is not the Hedo vs Manu thread.

ChumpDumper
11-26-2006, 10:38 PM
So no calls by me to sign Hedo instead.

Understood.

smeagol
11-27-2006, 08:03 AM
So no calls by me to sign Hedo instead.

I said this is not the Hedo vs Manu thread.

Understood.

You clearly don't.