PDA

View Full Version : Celtics Want a Trade For Gasol? And Are Willing To Trade ANYONE?

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-26-2006, 01:47 PM
CONTINUED
Peter Vecsey
New York Post
Not that The Futile Lord isn't fully cognizant his construction job is fabulously faulty. How offensively deficient are the Celtics in the low docks? Let's put it this way, Ben Wallace and Tyson Chandler would be an improvement over Al Jefferson and Kendrick Perkins.

No wonder, an enlightened source revealed to Hoop du Jour, Ainge has offered anybody and everybody for Pau Gasol and anyone else the Grizzlies want to discard in the deal to make it happen.

The 6-11 Spaniard, whose country captured the World Championship last summer despite his absence in the final against Greece (fractured ankle that required surgery), is running sprints by himself, a good sign he may be closing in on activation within the next few weeks.

Obviously, 3-9 Memphis is suffering dreadfully without Gasol's scoring. rebounding and a presence that demands strict defensive attention from two or three opponents.

In the final year of his contract and guaranteed not to be re-hired - if for no other reason, the "incoming" owners can't afford him - Mike Fratello isn't quite as good a coach without Gasol; funny how that works.

Yet, the thrice one-round-and-done playoff team isn't a big draw in Memphis. Who knows, maybe the franchise has no other choice but to trade him for a squadron of undeveloped, minimum-wage hustlers, the business blueprint (unearthed last week by the Commercial Appeal) of the under-funded group headed by Brian Davis and Christian Laettner.

While that may, indeed, be something that could go down once Michael Heisley's 70 percent is sold, nothing is about to happen at this time. By all accounts, VP Jerry West is forbidden to make a trade no matter how insignificant (or change coaches) until the new group is either approved or disapproved in mid-December, maybe later.

Again, until then, the Celtics, probably the Grizzlies, too, are on their own, while Rivers and Fratello coach from weakness. Should Ainge start to warm up in the bullpen (a la Gregg Popovich replacing Bob Hill when Tim Duncan joined forces with David Robinson), I suspect Boston may be on the brink of acquiring Gasol.

New York and Chicago complete the home-and-home Tuesday in Chicago, where Oprah is the even-money favorite in the event of a coaching change.

A Maryland robbery defendant stood up in court and a bag of pot fell out of his pocket. His defense attorney ... was his mother. I might be wrong, but I'm guessing the "since justice is blind, I was treating it with medical marijuana" excuse didn't cut it.

This just in: Michael Richards apologized for the term Black Friday.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11262006/sports/all_that_jazz_sports_peter_vecsey.htm?page=2

TDMVPDPOY
11-26-2006, 09:54 PM
if i were the memphis the only pieces would be pierce + wally

everyone else on that team are scrubs and busts.

Supergirl
11-27-2006, 10:25 AM
The author doesn't actually watch the C's games, clearly. Kendrick Perkins has been their only consistent rebounder so far, and Al Jefferson just came back from having an appendectomy, but has shown signs of playing great ball since coming back.

They ought to trade Telfair and Wally for anyone - I'd love to see them get Ricky Davis or Antoine Walker back, for example.

TDMVPDPOY
11-27-2006, 10:37 AM
They ought to trade Telfair and Wally for anyone - I'd love to see them get Ricky Davis or Antoine Walker back, for example.

walker is still with the heat

himat
11-29-2006, 07:37 PM
Paul>Pau