PDA

View Full Version : Grades: Spurs vs. Mavs

timvp
11-26-2006, 09:10 PM
Here are the grades for Spurs vs. Mavs. (http://www.fullsportpress.com/grades112406.html)

whottt
11-26-2006, 09:55 PM
Pop started the fourth quarter with a lineup that wasn’t even good enough to win a WNBA game.

Succinct, yet entirely accurate.

Pop couldn’t have coached much worse if he was trying to.

I think the only way he could have coached that bad was that he was trying to...call it a hunch.

TDfan2007
11-26-2006, 11:21 PM
79 overall for Tim seems really rough.

conqueso
11-26-2006, 11:52 PM
79 overall for Tim seems really rough.I agree, especially with Brent effing Barry at NINETY EFFING THREE!

What that means is that somehow Barry was 14 points or whatever better than Tim Duncan. Unless Barry hit 10 threes including a game winner, he should NEVER be a higher ranked player than Duncan, especially not when Timmy goes for 29 on 10 of 16. I don't care that he only got 6 boards; I can live with our PF and C grabbing 17 boards combined, regardless of who gets them.

I also don't agree with all the criticism of Pop, but I'm probably the only Spurs fan in the world who doesn't want his head on a platter after seeing Finley, Bowen, Horry, Vaughn and Oberto on the floor to start the fourth. It raised an eyebrow, but based on the fact that those five were actually playing kinda well together, and the fact that Pop (along with many many many other coaches) ALMOST ALWAYS starts the fourth with the same group that came off the floor at the end of the third, I don't think it was a bad decision.

Certainly didn't cost us the game or whatever some of you are saying.

What cost us the game was hot Mav shooting in the first half, Manu's injury, and Parker's no-show. Take any of those three away, and it's a win from the good guys. And none of those three have ANYTHING to do with Pop or his coaching decisions.

Kori Ellis
11-26-2006, 11:53 PM
I agree, especially with Brent effing Barry at NINETY EFFING THREE!

What that means is that somehow Barry was 14 points or whatever better than Tim Duncan.

The players aren't graded against each other.

conqueso
11-26-2006, 11:55 PM
The players aren't graded against each other.Well, are they graded based on some absolute objective standard, or just based on their own individual potential? It seems as if it MUST be the latter, since if you're using the same criteria for grading each player's performance, Tim's at about 93 and Barry's at about 79.

Kori Ellis
11-26-2006, 11:57 PM
It seems as if it MUST be the latter

Correct.

timvp
11-27-2006, 12:10 AM
If I graded everyone based off Tim Duncan, other players would be lucky to score a 10.

Slo spurs fan
11-27-2006, 03:36 AM
You graded Beno for one fucking minute of playing time?
Let´s see if you will be consistant with one minute judges in the future (for all players).

PS I know why you graded Beno this time, but maybe if given time in 3rd and 4th quarter he could bail himself out?

Kori Ellis
11-27-2006, 03:42 AM
PS I know why you graded Beno this time, but maybe if given time in 3rd and 4th quarter he could bail himself out?

Maybe.

But he screwed up again tonight against the Sonics. So probably not.

whottt
11-27-2006, 04:05 AM
Pop's not that forgiving ingame.

SPURS vs NBA media
11-27-2006, 08:52 AM
Pop can win a WNBA game against the silver stars

conqueso
11-27-2006, 02:57 PM
Pop can win a WNBA game against the silver starsI could win a game against the Silver Stars, single-handedly one-on-five, with just a retarded crippled kid on my baseline to pass the ball in to me. Someone should actually set this up as a promotional event for charity or something...they'd probably get more fans in the seats to watch that than any basketball game involving only girls.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-27-2006, 07:23 PM
I dont understand why every mavs spurs game is destined to end with dirk shooting free throws. The games are not even worth watching anymore.

BTW---people who get to watch the games---WTF is wrong with my homie Parker???

Obstructed_View
11-27-2006, 09:02 PM
I dont understand why every mavs spurs game is destined to end with dirk shooting free throws.
Because the Spurs insist on spotting the Mavericks a 20 point first half lead.