PDA

View Full Version : Should Beno demand to be traded?

Kibic
11-27-2006, 09:34 AM
I think it would be realy good for him. Pop is just not good for his development.

zero signal
11-27-2006, 09:43 AM
Oh, come on, I thought this was an article. I would pay to hear Beno literally demand a trade.

PM5K
11-27-2006, 09:48 AM
Pop isn't good for him?

Pop did the same thing to Tony, and now he's an All-Star, Beno is just a fucking pussy....

Emanuel20
11-27-2006, 09:50 AM
pop just likes tony better...may be he likes french people

Extra Stout
11-27-2006, 09:56 AM
So what we're saying is that Slovenians are wimpier than the French?

TDMVPDPOY
11-27-2006, 10:08 AM
So what we're saying is that Slovenians are wimpier than the French?

im pretty sure a majority of the europeans will laugh at ur comment, who were the fags that sided with the german nazis.....

anyway pop never gave beno that shit that he gave tp to play freely when he was a rookie as sopho. bENO rookie season played good, second season a clown name NVE took his job and destroyed his mentality, now on whatever possession he does wrong he gets sub straight away, maybe pop is not patient with benos progress but currently his all the next best thing that slovenia has to offer besides the teddy bear in toronto playin from the bench. Seriously Beno only had one fuckn bad playoff series in his rookie year, and that was against the defendin champions pistons teams, any backup rookie pg wouldve had trouble bring the ball up. i remember he nearly made steve nash his biatch once, where he defended the pick n roll nicely to perfection making steals and shit.

recap:
rookie season = played well all year and first 3 series in the playoffs, but had problems bringin the ball up in the piston series.
sopho = demoted behind NVE :( and still criticize for turn overs, and somewhat out of shape.

Kibic
11-27-2006, 10:10 AM
Pop isn't good for him?

Pop did the same thing to Tony, and now he's an All-Star, Beno is just a fucking pussy....
Yes that is what I am saying. Pop is good for Tony's development.

Extra Stout
11-27-2006, 10:18 AM
Is Beno crying into his man-purse again?

TDMVPDPOY
11-27-2006, 10:25 AM
i expected him to play hard as it was a contract season, then spurs picked up his option his started to crawl back into that doghouse :(:(

Texas_Ranger
11-27-2006, 10:30 AM
Trade Beno for Nash. :lol

TDMVPDPOY
11-27-2006, 10:39 AM
that barbosa would come in handy now :(:( wtf did we give away those picks for during that summer for fuckn kidd or watever FA we targeted....

K-State Spur
11-27-2006, 11:47 AM
I think it would be realy good for him. Pop is just not good for his development.

Pop's the best thing in the world for his development. If he doesn't get it through his skull that playing defense** and being in good condition are necessary to being a solid NBA PG, he's never going to be effective in this league.

** unless his coach is flip saunders or don nelson

Ariel
11-27-2006, 11:52 AM
This thread title is misleading, as it's merely suggesting a trade rather than reporting him demanding one.

You mean it ironically, but I remember people jumping all over me some time ago on a thread at another Spurs' board, because I laughed at the idea of Beno having Nash-like potential, like some thought... ugh...

bdictjames
11-27-2006, 12:08 PM
That would make the Suns and D'Antoni too happy

ChumpDumper
11-27-2006, 12:13 PM
Remember when Bernie Bickerstaff said this is his deepest team? What happened? He effectively plays a seven-man rotation, suggesting just the opposite. I agree with him that several of these guys haven’t distinguished themselves, so what happens next? The Walter Herrmann experiment isn’t working, and the Bobcats need a third point guard. Time to make a move.

http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_the_nba/2006/11/stray_thoughts_.html

Hmmm....

Ariel
11-27-2006, 12:19 PM
The Walter Herrmann experiment isn’t working, and the Bobcats need a third point guard. Time to make a move.
You'd think people would have figured by now that the transition from the FIBA game to the NBA takes a bit more than a month and a half... guess not.

Kibic
11-27-2006, 12:57 PM
You'd think people would have figured by now that the transition from the FIBA game to the NBA takes a bit more than a month and a half... guess not.
And from NBA to FIBA even more. Specialy if you look how good players were at WC this summer...

Kibic
11-27-2006, 12:59 PM
I do think that he should demand for a trade. I didn't mean to ask if he should be traded. It is a completly diferent question. Give me back the right title!!!!!!!

Thanks!!!

Ariel
11-27-2006, 01:05 PM
I do think that he should demand for a trade. I didn't mean to ask if he should be traded. It is a completly diferent question. Give me back the right title!!!!!!!
The original title of "Beno demanding a trade?" was wrong to begin with, as it certainly doesn't convey the meaning you intended it too. It implies he is demanding a trade rather than asking whether he should ask for one. In any case, it should have been "Should Beno demand a trade?" instead.

zeleni
11-27-2006, 01:14 PM
Beno had a great rookie year. He was the 6th best defense point guard by the 82games.com that year. He had great shooting and all-in-all a great season. In post-season he got kicked by Hunter. That's it.

Next year he got his punishment. In fact both Slovenes got it. NVE was a guy who got most of the minutes. Nazr was the guy, who got all the love. Rasho got thru it, Beno never found his way back to the court. When he got his chance, he was mostly a monster. Postseason: No minutes-never.

Third year is the year Barry/Beno connection can be even bigger. He gets his ???teen minutes and most of the time he responds well. He hasn't been given the same exposure than TP, but who got that kind of treatment... I believe only cp3. Pop can be very good.

Bruno
11-27-2006, 01:20 PM
You overreacts.

Beno isn't benched because he is in Pop's doghouse or because Pop doesn't like him.
He is benched when he makes too much mistake. If you play well, you get playtime but if you don't play well, you are benched : it's logical.

Pop has given so far a fair oportunity to Beno to show what he is worth : he has given him the backup PG spot despite that he has missed the whole training camp and has given him back the backup PG spot again after his poor game against Dallas. If Beno doesn't play good enough to be a backup PG with Spurs, it's his fault, not Pop's one. A trade won't help him, playing better is the answer.

nkdlunch
11-27-2006, 01:21 PM
Beno can demand whatever, but right now even his man purse has higher trade value than him.

MannyIsGod
11-27-2006, 01:25 PM
Holy shit.

This is such a funny thread. I feel I should demand a trade as well. I probably have as much marketability through the NBA as Beno does. He can demand all he wants.

MannyIsGod
11-27-2006, 01:25 PM
Beno can demand whatever, but right now even his man purse has higher trade value than him.

Bruno
11-27-2006, 01:29 PM
Remember when Bernie Bickerstaff said this is his deepest team? What happened? He effectively plays a seven-man rotation, suggesting just the opposite. I agree with him that several of these guys haven’t distinguished themselves, so what happens next? The Walter Herrmann experiment isn’t working, and the Bobcats need a third point guard. Time to make a move.

http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_the_nba/2006/11/stray_thoughts_.html

Hmmm....

They have too waived Alan anderson today to clear a roster spot.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/16108402.htm

"We did it to clip a roster spot,'' coach-general manager Bernie Bickerstaff told the Observer. "There's not a trade involved, but at some point we will replace the roster spot with a veteran player.''

ashbeeigh
11-27-2006, 01:32 PM
dumbest thread ever. And I agree with Manny. The world is going to end, preferably before midnight.

T Park
11-27-2006, 01:56 PM
Yeah that pop doesn't devlop players for shit.

Stephen Jackson, Udonis Haslem, Tony Parker.........

Kibic
11-27-2006, 02:27 PM
Who?

T Park
11-27-2006, 02:34 PM
Stephen Jackson

guy who was one of hte main reasons the Spurs won the ring in 2003.

Udonis Haslem, star forward for the Heat, Spurs summer league and training camps

Tony parker, top 6 point guard in the league, all star...

timvp
11-27-2006, 02:38 PM
If the Spurs waived Beno right now, I don't think another team touches him. He's playing horrible defense, isn't getting assists and is shooting bad.

Beno's best chance is if he puts in the extra work in practice, drops 10-15 pounds and concentrates on defense when he enters the game. He used to be a pretty decent defender. Now he's even worse than Nick Van Exel ever was.

I'm rooting for Beno to get better. I don't want to see Vaughn as the primary backup.

nkdlunch
11-27-2006, 02:40 PM
u must be on crack if you think SJax was one of the main reasons we won that year. And Haslem is a scrub. I would not mention Sjax or Haslem as well-developed players.

picnroll
11-27-2006, 02:41 PM
Haslem showed up for the Spurs' summer league team?

angel_luv
11-27-2006, 02:48 PM
Beno just needs to put his cute little nose to the grindstone and practice and play like the talented point guard he is.

I feel like this is a critical time for Beno and his career. The last thing he needs is to act the victim.

The good thing about Pop is it's not impossible to please him, even if it is hard.
Beno will be fine as long as he commits to being super foucused and tough every minute he is on the court.

When it comes to Beno's situation with the team, I'm way passed being interested in excuses; to Beno's credit though, I haven't heard him making any.

ata
11-27-2006, 04:07 PM
You overreacts.

Beno isn't benched because he is in Pop's doghouse or because Pop doesn't like him.
He is benched when he makes too much mistake. If you play well, you get playtime but if you don't play well, you are benched : it's logical.

Pop has given so far a fair oportunity to Beno to show what he is worth : he has given him the backup PG spot despite that he has missed the whole training camp and has given him back the backup PG spot again after his poor game against Dallas. If Beno doesn't play good enough to be a backup PG with Spurs, it's his fault, not Pop's one. A trade won't help him, playing better is the answer.
However, bolded part doesn't apply for NVE, Finley... Ask Barry.

Obstructed_View
11-27-2006, 04:07 PM
If Beno had the fucking balls to demand a trade he'd be too valuable to the team to trade.

ShoogarBear
11-27-2006, 05:08 PM
Beno just needs to put his cute little nose to the grindstone and practice and play like the talented point guard he is.
I'm sorry, angel, but no other post of yours has ever come closer to making me barf.

Bruno
11-27-2006, 05:11 PM
However, bolded part doesn't apply for NVE, Finley... Ask Barry.

Finley's case is quite different : the main concern about him is that his jumpshot is off. Pop won't bench a player only because he is in a bad shooting streak.
He hasn't benched Beno this year even if his FG% was weak, he has only benched him when he has done defensive mistakes against Dallas and Seattle.
If Beno is more focused and play harder in defense, he won't be benched evn if he doesn't hit his outside shots.

ShoogarBear
11-27-2006, 05:11 PM
That would make the Suns and D'Antoni too happyThis post made me think of Morris Day:

http://sportsmed.starwave.com/i/magazine/new/morris_day.jpg

"Your lips would make a lollipop too happy!"

PM5K
11-27-2006, 05:13 PM
If Beno had the fucking balls to demand a trade he'd be too valuable to the team to trade.

LOL

angel_luv
11-27-2006, 05:15 PM
I'm sorry, angel, but no other post of yours has ever come closer to making me barf.

Well I have been sick as a dog all weekend- misery loves company. Pull up a chair. :lol

Obstructed_View
11-27-2006, 05:22 PM
u must be on crack if you think SJax was one of the main reasons we won that year.
OMFG. If you can say that with a straight face, you:

a.) weren't a Spurs fan then,

b.) didn't actually watch the games, or

c.) suffered a severe blow to the head since that time.

T Park
11-27-2006, 05:31 PM
u must be on crack if you think SJax was one of the main reasons we won that year.

Yeah the Suns series where he averaged about 18 a game, the Mavericks series, lets see, who made some threes to bring em back.

Kerr gets all the glory in that game, but a big reason the game came back to the Spurs was Stephen Jackson.

The Nets series he was up and down, but who won the game with Duncan, in game 6, with 4 threes.

Oh yeah,

all of that,

Stephen Jackson.

You should be smacked for your disrespect of his efforts.

cornbread
11-27-2006, 05:38 PM

SJax had some big-time performances in the 2003 playoffs. Give the guy some love.

spurschick
11-27-2006, 08:10 PM
Now he's even worse than Nick Van Exel ever was.

And that's saying something.

Bob Lanier
11-27-2006, 08:15 PM
Beno's demand: Please, sir, may I have some more?
http://www.zkst-zalec.si/sport/Slike/galerija/najsport05/images/22%20Iz%20San%20Antonia%20-%20Beno%20Udrih.jpg

angel_luv
11-27-2006, 08:21 PM
where is that pic from?

Bob Lanier
11-27-2006, 08:23 PM
The Google.

This post made me think of Morris Day:

http://sportsmed.starwave.com/i/magazine/new/morris_day.jpg

"Your lips would make a lollipop too happy!"

:lmao

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
11-27-2006, 08:29 PM
Stephen Jackson

guy who was one of hte main reasons the Spurs won the ring in 2003.

Udonis Haslem, star forward for the Heat, Spurs summer league and training camps

Tony parker, top 6 point guard in the league, all star...

You can't give Pop credit for guys who develop after they leave the Spurs