PDA

View Full Version : Ray Allen Happy About Bruce's Warning

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-27-2006, 01:38 PM
Sonics Notebook | Allen happy to see Bowen get a warning
By Percy Allen

Seattle Times staff reporter

For years, Ray Allen has complained about Bruce Bowen's defensive tactics. So it came as no surprise to him that the San Antonio guard has been warned by the NBA about his habit of sliding under players while they're shooting.

"What he does on the court, he does," Allen said, "and we know, around the league, what everybody does.

"When you do something on the grand stage in New York City, everybody definitely pays attention."

Although several other players, including Allen and New Jersey's Vince Carter, have been harsh critics of Bowen's habit of crowding shooters, it wasn't until Bowen used a similar tactic against New York's Steve Francis that Bowen drew the ire of the league office.

Knicks coach Isiah Thomas verbally blasted Bowen during the game.

Stu Jackson, NBA vice president of operations, chose not to fine Bowen, but gave him a warning.

"I don't know if that will be enough," Allen said. "The one good thing is now he knows that they [the referees] are watching it."

Player of the game: Tony Parker converted 10 of 18 field goals for a team-high 20 points. He also had five assists.
Play of the game: Late in the second quarter, Damien Wilkins drove along the baseline and flushed a reverse dunk over Tim Duncan that cut Seattle's deficit to 40-31.

Turning point: Leading 76-73 midway in the fourth quarter, San Antonio scored 11 consecutive points to take a 14-point lead and secure the victory.

Key statistic: Rashard Lewis attempted just seven shots and made three. He finished with a season-low eight points.

Next: Orlando, Wednesday, 7 p.m., KeyArena.

In Fortson's court

Coach Bob Hill is letting Danny Fortson tell him when he's ready to return after what's becoming a prolonged absence due to a sore right knee.

Fortson hasn't played since Nov. 15 and he's missed the past six games.

When first diagnosed, Fortson was expected to miss a week.

Hill, however, isn't sure when Fortson will be ready and would like to have him available for a practice before putting him in a game.

Notes

• The Sonics announced that any ticket-holders unable to attend the game Sunday because of the inclement weather will be able to redeem their tickets on Wednesday or Dec. 5. Attendance Sunday was announced at 15,483.

• Hill is at a loss to explain the Sonics' 2-5 record at KeyArena. "I'm thinking about it," he said. "I think about it when I'm sleeping. I think about it when I'm eating. I think about it all the time. ... Somewhere in this little thing, they got to accept some responsibility for themselves. I can't go and play for them."

• San Antonio guard Michael Finley started in place of Manu Ginobili, who did not play because of a lower back contusion.

• In three games against the Spurs last season, Rashard Lewis averaged just 13 points.

Copyright © 2006 The Seattle Times Company

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2003449373_soniglance27.html

MannyIsGod
11-27-2006, 01:41 PM
And that is why Ray Allen's finest achievement will always be "He Got Game". Loser.

Fillmoe
11-27-2006, 01:44 PM
Im glad too... bowen is a dirty piece of crap

Duncanoypi
11-27-2006, 01:44 PM
Bowen is happy about a win last night against Allens Boonics...

lefty
11-27-2006, 01:49 PM
Im glad too... bowen is a dirty piece of crap

Of course, Ron Artest is a model

polandprzem
11-27-2006, 01:52 PM
what???!!!!!!!

Tim got postirized again? :wtf

sanman53
11-27-2006, 01:54 PM
Who is Ray Allen?

SAtown
11-27-2006, 02:13 PM
Ray Allen needs to get a life outside of losing and bitching.

whottt
11-27-2006, 02:16 PM
Too bad Allen isn't worried about Danny Fortson's dirty tactics.

What a hypocrite.

whottt
11-27-2006, 02:33 PM
I almost agree with Allen.

Try this (http://www.xtcian.com/vagisil.jpg)

SAtown
11-27-2006, 02:38 PM
Try this (http://www.xtcian.com/vagisil.jpg)

:lmao

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-27-2006, 02:46 PM
I'll put down money that if and when Mr. Shuttlesworth gets hurt he will find a way to blame Bruce. If a defender hurts him somehow it will be because Bowen has gotten away with his dirty tactics for so long that everyone in the league started copying him. If he gets hurt on his own he'll claim that his body has become more injury prone because of Bowen's constant shoves, punches, and elbows. What a douche.

cornbread
11-27-2006, 02:48 PM
Typical loser mentality. You don't see many guys who have won anything complaining about Bruce. It always seems to be losers of the league. Bruce owns Ray Allen on the court so this is the only way that Ray Allen can win, by complaining.

Jimcs50
11-27-2006, 02:57 PM
I think Spurs should trade Bruce to Seattle.

That would be a hoot. Bruce could sprain Ray's ankles every day at practice.

SA210
11-27-2006, 03:06 PM
And that is why Ray Allen's finest achievement will always be "He Got Game".
Although, that is very good movie. :tu

SKINNYPIMP210
11-27-2006, 03:08 PM
WHAT A FUCKING CRY BABY ASS BITCH! NOT ONLY ALLEN BUT THE WRITER TOO! AND THE FUCKING BITCH ASS SONICS!

"Play of the game: Late in the second quarter, Damien Wilkins drove along the baseline and flushed a reverse dunk over Tim Duncan that cut Seattle's deficit to 40-31."

THAT'S YOUR PLAY OF THE GAME......WHEN YOU'RE DOWN BY 9 POINTS??? LMAO!

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-27-2006, 03:09 PM

That would be a hoot. Bruce could sprain Ray's ankles every day at practice.

Can we trade him for Danny Fortson? We'll show Isiah dirty! Or Holt can turn him into a cash cow. Handcuff him and let every player that's he's ever give a cheap shot to pay a few dollars for the right to tee off his pig tailed ass with a bat.

cornbread
11-27-2006, 03:14 PM
I see what's going on here. Take a look at the writer's name.

SKINNYPIMP210
11-27-2006, 03:19 PM
I see what's going on here. Take a look at the writer's name.

LOL! GOOD OBSERVATION!

shelshor
11-27-2006, 03:40 PM

Or the Soniks new owners trade Ray to New York, since he admires The Big Stage; and the New York press bill him as the savior of both the Knickerbocker franchise and Isiah's job(s)........

Isn't Percy Allen the same Seattle writer that stirred a lot of the shit during that Sonics/Spurs playoff series and again last year after the foot to Ray's back incident?

Obstructed_View
11-27-2006, 04:09 PM
Doesn't Ray have a guy named Fortson on his team? Where's the outrage?

nkdlunch
11-27-2006, 04:29 PM
Every vagina has a right to their opinion

dirk4mvp
11-27-2006, 04:33 PM
Who is this Ray Allen character?

LilMissSPURfect
11-27-2006, 04:38 PM
callin' bull on that whiny b*tch! Anyone with dvr can see ALLEN stepping under bruce's foot after taking a jumper (3rd qtr i believe)....bruce slightly rolled his foot & ran back on defense...NOW where's all the HOOPLA...INTENTIONAL bull...IT HAPPENS! RAY ALLEN mudder freakin VAGINA...BOWENED!!!!!!

Fillmoe
11-27-2006, 05:09 PM
Of course, Ron Artest is a model

dennis rodman dressed like a female but what does that have to do with a dirty piece of crap like bruce bowen?

George Gervin's Afro
11-27-2006, 05:18 PM
Did Ray pull his vagina muscle again?

naico
11-27-2006, 05:34 PM
bowen is tough and a real hustler..and besides that a class act..allen should stop whining, maybe he picked that up during shootings with Denzel..

Fillmoe
11-28-2006, 12:40 AM
okay i admit it bowen is not dirty

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/3682/bowenkick2cx7.jpg

oh yah and norcal is black

Fillmoe
11-28-2006, 12:41 AM
and tony parker is not gay

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/403/lead0511234voxo7.jpg

Bob Lanier
11-28-2006, 12:43 AM
It's funny that there is still no substantive response to the criticisms other than ad hominems.

Bowen isn't as dirty as a Danny Fortson or Robert Horry, but he's dirty.

T Park
11-28-2006, 12:43 AM
and the 49ers are above 500!!!

oops

and the Kings have multiple championships

ooops.

leemajors
11-28-2006, 08:32 AM
Although, that is very good movie. :tu

except for the end.