PDA

View Full Version : Tony and Travelling

Fabbs
11-27-2006, 01:57 PM
vs Mavs we still had a chance to overcome Pops lineup foolishness by the last 5 minutes, esp under two minutes.

At 4:20 when we pulled to 85-81 with ball Tony turnover travelled.

Parker then made two jumpers and had a kickass drive for the layup sandwiched in between three straight possessions.
Brought Spurs to 91-87 with the ball at about 1:30.
Tony then tried to force a fast break and travelled before he and Harris collided. Whether or not Harris fouled him is moot, he did travel before the contact.

Tony is gonna have to adjust to this years stricter enforcement of travelling.
Anyone else think these were a couple key plays and that Tony needs to adjust?

bdictjames
11-27-2006, 03:57 PM
And Duncan should lessen his turnovers too

Trainwreck2100
11-27-2006, 04:00 PM
Duncan should also try not to get dunked on and/or blocked every game

Duncanoypi
11-27-2006, 04:03 PM
If all spurs can avoid to miss their shots....all is well...

nkdlunch
11-27-2006, 04:05 PM
Pop needs to coach to win every game vs. Dallas

Trainwreck2100
11-27-2006, 04:06 PM
If Tony Parker learned to fly he wouldn't travel

Obstructed_View
11-27-2006, 04:17 PM
Tony then tried to force a fast break and travelled before he and Harris collided. Whether or not Harris fouled him is moot, he did travel before the contact.

Maybe I'm thinking of a different play, but it wasn't mathematically possible for it to be travelling before the contact. No matter. If Tony didn't learn in the first game that one step is somehow travelling when Devin Harris is standing in front of him maybe he'll understand it now.

LilMissSPURfect
11-27-2006, 04:43 PM
Maybe I'm thinking of a different play, but it wasn't mathematically possible for it to be travelling before the contact. No matter. If Tony didn't learn in the first game that one step is somehow travelling when Devin Harris is standing in front of him maybe he'll understand it now.

its the way i saw it... :greedy

Obstructed_View
11-27-2006, 05:15 PM
its the way i saw it... :greedy
Yeah. I remember Hubie saying Parker "was definitely travelling before the contact" but he didn't take enough steps between picking up the dribble and losing the dribble to travel. It's a combo call: both bull and chicken shit. :lol

Fabbs
11-27-2006, 05:48 PM
I remember Hubie saying that. However Hubie is on crack. Anyone save recording of the gamne? I might not have recorded over yet.....

SPURS vs NBA media
11-27-2006, 06:03 PM
vs Mavs we still had a chance to overcome Pops lineup foolishness by the last 5 minutes, esp under two minutes.

At 4:20 when we pulled to 85-81 with ball Tony turnover travelled.

Parker then made two jumpers and had a kickass drive for the layup sandwiched in between three straight possessions.
Brought Spurs to 91-87 with the ball at about 1:30.

Tony is gonna have to adjust to this years stricter enforcement of travelling.
Anyone else think these were a couple key plays and that Tony needs to adjust?

Tony needs to ask Kobe and Lebron to learn how to travel an get away with it

LilMissSPURfect
11-27-2006, 06:16 PM

another one of those things we SPURS fans MUSN"T talk about...just let it go and deal with the SHIT the NBA deals.... :greedy :greedy

1Parker1
11-27-2006, 08:07 PM

:lmao :tu

Especially Dwayne Wade....

Spurologist
11-27-2006, 08:56 PM
:lmao :tu

Especially Dwayne Wade....

Add Timmay to that list.

He travels like a motherfucker. Don't excuse my french because I am part french.

Obstructed_View
11-27-2006, 09:01 PM
I don't see Wade travel much, but he carries the ball virtually every time he brings it up.

TDMVPDPOY
11-27-2006, 11:46 PM
he also likes to carry the ball, something he should dial AI for advice how he gets away with it....

Obstructed_View
11-29-2006, 12:24 PM
In addition to that, he carries the ball.

gilmor
11-29-2006, 06:37 PM
I just don't understand why Tony is so hated in this forum.

He improves every year, he is more durable than Manu (being less injured, etc). He shoots better now than ever which gives him another arsenal as a point guard. He practically carries the team to 63 wins last season when both Tim and Manu weren't playing that well..

He has proven that he can play in the play-offs, even though he is not as 'clutch' as Manu.. the reason could be traced to his young age.

I just hope that people can lay off him abit and give him some credit when he is due.

I am not saying that Tony>Manu.. I just think the criticisms laid on Tony have been most of the time unfair.