PDA

View Full Version : Dubya's Half-Billion Dollar Legacy

Nbadan
11-27-2006, 04:41 PM
He may be a certified lame duck now, but President Bush and his truest believers are about to launch their final campaign - an eye-popping, half-billion-dollar drive for the Bush presidential library.

Eager to begin refurbishing his tattered legacy, the President hopes to raise $500 million to build his library and a think tank at Southern Methodist University in Dallas. Bush lived in Dallas until he was elected governor of Texas in 1995.

Bush sources with direct knowledge of library plans told the Daily News that SMU and Bush fund-raisers hope to get half of the half billion from what they call "megadonations" of $10 million to $20 million a pop.

Bush loyalists have already identified wealthy heiresses, Arab nations and captains of industry as potential "mega" donors and are pressing for a formal site announcement - now expected early in the new year.

The legacy-polishing centerpiece is an institute, which several Bush insiders called the Institute for Democracy. Patterned after Stanford University's Hoover Institution, Bush's institute will hire conservative scholars and "give them money to write papers and books favorable to the President's policies," one Bush insider said.

NY Daily News (http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/475052p-399492c.html)

The Institute for Democracy.... :lol More like the George Walker Bush Center for Revisionist History. You can't make this stuff up!

Ocotillo
11-27-2006, 05:17 PM
At first Bush thought a think tank was that thing on the back of the porcelain throne where he does most of his thinking.

xrayzebra
11-27-2006, 05:25 PM
[url=http:// You can't make this stuff up!

You do a pretty good job of doing it most of the
time. :lol

clambake
11-27-2006, 06:39 PM
Where will they hang that lovely portrait of him under the banner on that boat?

Will the library be in the shape of a "daisy cutter"? Will it be "ticking"?

PixelPusher
11-27-2006, 08:00 PM
The legacy-polishing centerpiece is an institute, which several Bush insiders called the Institute for Democracy. Patterned after Stanford University's Hoover Institution, Bush's institute will hire conservative scholars and "give them money to write papers and books favorable to the President's policies," one Bush insider said.

:greedy sign me up for that piece of cake paycheck...just as soon as I can figure out how to extinguish my conscience and lobotimize the part of my brain that governs reason and accountability

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-27-2006, 09:22 PM
Most thinktanks are just PR whores for whichever side they support.

boutons_
11-27-2006, 09:25 PM
"dubya" "think tank" "Presidential papers" all on the same page? GMAFB

dubya is a failed person and failed president. But don't bother dubya suckers with facts, dubya has protected and enriched dubya suckers beyond belief. They own each other.

exstatic
11-27-2006, 11:40 PM
Rome falls. It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic that a functional illiterate gets a presidential library. Will the books have words, or just pictures?

clambake
11-28-2006, 01:14 AM
I think it's prophetic, to plant his legacy in the land where football died.

xrayzebra
11-28-2006, 10:47 AM
Rome falls. It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic that a functional illiterate gets a presidential library. Will the books have words, or just pictures?

I don't know, did you ask Clinton?

Bob Lanier
11-28-2006, 11:54 AM
Oh, snap.

Ya Vez
11-28-2006, 01:09 PM
I thought the clinton library was a adult bookstore...

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-28-2006, 01:35 PM
"dubya" "think tank" "Presidential papers" all on the same page? GMAFB

dubya is a failed person and failed president. But don't bother dubya suckers with facts, dubya has protected and enriched dubya suckers beyond belief. They own each other.

:lmao Presidents on both sides of the aisle do it. It cracks me up how you get your panties in such a bunch over anything W. does.

I love the boutonian 'logic': If Bush does it, it sucks, it's dirty, it's illegal, it's deceitful. But if it's a democrat, that's okay.

:lol Classic.

boutons_
11-28-2006, 01:42 PM
"Classic."

... and true, but dubya suckers like yourself keep the "faith" that there is anything positive about dubya and his two terms.

I'm totally immune to your stalking and your shit remains as watery and weak as ever.

Bob Lanier
11-28-2006, 01:49 PM
Presidents on both sides of the aisle do it.
Care to be more specific?

Because if you're saying what I think you're saying, you're quite simply wrong - nobody on either side of the aisle in recent memory has made his presidential library into a think tank dedicated to revisionist history.

Why is it that "Fair and balanced" almost always means "disingenuous equivocating"? This seems to be your go-to tactic when confronted with your team's misdeeds: concoct an elaborate conspiracy theory that everyone else has done something equally bad and hence either

a) nobody's really done anything bad at all or
b) by mentioning the particular misdeeds of your team without simultaneuously addressing the infinite number of equally Bad Things everyone else is responsible for, the other guy demonstrates his intractable, hate-driven, blinding bias.

It's entertaining every now and then - not least because it seems you actually believe your own bullshit - but the logical holes are a mile wide. I prefer xrayzebra's conspiracy theories; they don't blatantly deny the existence of objective facts as yours do, but rather distort key aspects of them. Trying to figure out which pattern the distortion follows is like a sudoku puzzle, and is a much more interesting linguistic exercise.

xrayzebra
11-28-2006, 03:46 PM
I thought the clinton library was a adult bookstore...

No, it also has massage palors and rooms to rent by the hours. But no
blue dresses are allowed. But room service serves big macs and pizza/

ChumpDumper
11-28-2006, 03:49 PM
I think it sould be called a decider tank.

exstatic
11-28-2006, 07:48 PM
I don't know, did you ask Clinton?
???? Are you really this stupid, Ray? Clinton was a Rhodes scholar who couldn't keep his pants zipped. Dubyah is an idiot who can hardly string together a coherent sentence.

boutons_
11-28-2006, 08:11 PM
I'm sure if dickhead has his druthers, the dubya library will contain nothing of real interest, everything of real interest to be classified under execessive cloaking of Executive privilege and phony NatSec requirements.

dickhead has already re-classsified tons of stuff that had been in the public domain a long time, "just because he can".

Of course, all the stuff incriminating the Repugs for derelection of NatSec duty between Jan and 9/11 2001 will NEVER see the light of day.

ChumpDumper
11-28-2006, 08:20 PM
Half a billion is nothing.

We burn through that in a couple of days in Iraq.