PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Beno

Guru of Nothing
11-03-2004, 11:39 PM
A most pathetic moment when he fell/dove to the floor in the first half and then took the time, while still on the floor, to look at his fresh rasberry near his elbow.

That said, anyone can become tougher. Right?

[had many distractions during tonight's game]

Still, he looked liked he fit in well with the Spurs on the court. He's got the moves and athleticism. Then again, I am not in mid-season form. I struggled watching the Spurs on TV, trying to differentiate between Manu, Barry and Udrih. [Note to self]Must commit uniform #s to memory and observe more closely.[/Note to self]

If the team can toughen him up, he will do well.

TheWriter
11-03-2004, 11:42 PM
He probably got a burn from the friction. Friction burns hurt like a motha.

He didn't cringe or anything, just rubbed it and looked at it. To me it looked like a burn that he was rubbing. Natural instints.

I was impressed with his pose with this being his first real NBA game. And more impressed he held his own against Bibby and Jackson. The Spurs never lost the flow when Parker left and Beno entered.

T Park
11-03-2004, 11:44 PM
Hes a rookie.

Cut the kid some slack.

SequSpur
11-03-2004, 11:49 PM
His second time on the floor, he played well in the transition game. However, he was getting killed on the defensive end, but Bibby and Jackson can usually get shots against anyone.

He looked very nervous shooting the ball, he had a few shots that looked like Wakefield from the Red Sox. Knuckle balls.

TheWriter
11-03-2004, 11:54 PM
Alot of his shots were right on but just too short and hit the rim.

He was most likely trying to hard when shooting seeing how he was going against Bibby and Jackson.

SequSpur
11-03-2004, 11:55 PM
The all white assist to dunk (Beno to Barry) was pretty cool.

White men can jump?

mattyc
11-04-2004, 12:40 AM
He seems to have undisputed talent - just needs to find his feet at the higher level.

T Park
11-04-2004, 12:59 AM
This Udrih can pass the damn ball as well.

Good analysis by Sequ in that, he was pressing too hard on offense, his shot wasnt even close.

Udrih looked OK, BUT, you can tell this kid is special, he ran the offense quite well, and it was a LITTLE reminiscint of a previous small backup with a double digit number.

I think youll see him play alot better friday night, maybe even sunday night.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-04-2004, 01:00 AM
He plays heady out there, cut him some slack - it was his first pro game.

T Park
11-04-2004, 01:06 AM
exactly, You could tell when he first entered the game in the second quarter the nerves were getting to him.

The pregame hoopla and all the fireworks I think got to him, hell hes 22, america, the NBA, hell youd have to be dead not to have a little bit of that effect you.

spurster
11-04-2004, 10:09 AM
I struggled watching the Spurs on TV, trying to differentiate between Manu, Barry and Udrih.It's a problem. All those white guys look the same.

Kori Ellis
11-04-2004, 11:28 AM
I didn't see anything wrong with Beno's game besides the above mentioned falling on the floor and "hurting" his elbow. He plays with an incredible amount of composure and runs the offense extremely well. I don't care if he missed a couple shots -- he has a good shot so that isn't going to be a problem. He didn't play "nervous" and didn't seem to be "trying to hard" or pressing on offense at all. I don't know what you guys were seeing. Almost every player in the locker room, plus Pop, all mentioned how well he ran the team -- particularly in the second half. Defensively, I can't fault him for much because Bibby was scoring at will on Parker and Beno -- but Beno fared well when Bobby Jackson was in.

Slo spurs fan
11-04-2004, 01:23 PM
I'm so happy reading this! Thanks for not blaming him for not scoring a single shoot. He will improve in next games. And how Rasho played? He has 12 rebs and 8 points. Was he agressive enough?

coz
11-04-2004, 01:31 PM
Beno seems as slick as snot with the ball in his hands, be it passing or dribbling. He has a ways to go as far as setting up the offense. His defense was terrible, but, it was Jackson and Bibby. IMO - he'd better get his defense down quickly if he wants minutes.

timvp
11-04-2004, 05:20 PM
I thought Beno played pretty damn well, considering that it was his first NBA regular season game and he was thrown into the fire against the best point guard duo in the league. I was most impressed with his natural point guard abilities. He understands how and when to run a fast break. On pick-and-rolls, he's going to be great. Defense will always be his weakness, but he's willing to stick his nose in there ... and that's half the battle.

He's no doubt a major wuss. Hopefully he grows out of it as he gets stronger. Right now, I think it's just a matter of time before he goes down with another bruise. His elbow was almost it, but I guess it didn't rupture enough capillaries to register on the Paino meter.

T Park
11-04-2004, 07:31 PM
He's no doubt a major wuss

To an extent, but he is fearless to go to the hole and bang, IMO that outweighs the wuss meter.

Once again, any person on this forum, that could play basketball with a bruised knee, Id like to see it.

Kori Ellis
11-04-2004, 07:47 PM
I agree that he's fearless in the lane, but it doesn't explain away why he gets injured so often. He spent the last two seasons injured on and off and now he has gotten a "bruised knee" four times since June. It's not that people are saying he's wimpy for not playing through real injuries -- they are saying that he gets injured too often or has a low sense of what a real injury is.

timvp
11-04-2004, 08:03 PM
Once again, any person on this forum, that could play basketball with a bruised knee, Id like to see it.

:lmao

A bruised knee? Anyone who plays basketball has bruised their knees plenty of times. It's just part of the game. I've never heard of someone bruise their knee four times in five months and miss action each time ... well over than Beno.

Shiii-ii-iit, I played basketball for six months once with a partially dislocated hip. I couldn't move side to side but as long as I could run straight, I just shot it up and played. A bruise is nothing.

Beno is a great talent ... he just needs to acquire some family jewels.

SequSpur
11-04-2004, 09:03 PM
Beno can't shoot.

Kori Ellis
11-04-2004, 09:03 PM
Haha!

Shooting is one of his strengths. He's an awesome mid-range jump shooter. You just haven't seen him enough.

SequSpur
11-04-2004, 09:04 PM
Dude is a knuckleballer.

Kori Ellis
11-04-2004, 09:05 PM
His shot looked ugly last night. But you'll see. His mid-range shot is very good and smooth.

SequSpur
11-04-2004, 09:08 PM
All I know is dude came down on a wicked break and had an all white assist to dunk play.

Smokin!

The whitefolk are back in the NBA!

Kori Ellis
11-04-2004, 09:09 PM
:lol

RobinsontoDuncan
11-04-2004, 10:20 PM
He slovo i think rasho needs to start finishing more aggressivley, i.e. dunk the god damn ball, but yeah the rebounds were nice, and as far as the all white assist,.......
..... yeah, you dont see that very often, is Beno white though, can you apply that to all europeans?

RobinsontoDuncan
11-04-2004, 10:21 PM
i mean i wouldnt call a kenyan black isnt that an american thing?

Guru of Nothing
11-04-2004, 10:37 PM

Looks like Ducks has an alias, ... and a free-ware spellchecker.

Elo
11-05-2004, 06:46 AM
is Beno white though, can you apply that to all europeans?

You're not serious, right?

wildbill2u
11-05-2004, 06:03 PM
The all white assist to dunk (Beno to Barry) was pretty cool.

White men can jump?

You probably just imagined it. :rolleyes