PDA

View Full Version : Free Francisco Elson!!!!!!!!!

whottt
11-28-2006, 03:22 AM
Pop? WTF Dude?

Kori Ellis
11-28-2006, 03:26 AM
Did you see exasperated Duncan explaining something to Elson repeatedly when they were coming back on the court tonight?

I know it's early, but I see far too much of the coaches, Duncan, etc. telling him what he's doing wrong defensively.

(And yes I know pretty much everyone's D sucked tonight.)

whottt
11-28-2006, 03:29 AM
Nah I didn't watch the game....

But I can tell right now that the Biedrins Oberto matchup wasn't a good one for us....

And that doesn't surprise me....I knew it wouldn't be which is why I expected Elson to get PT tonight.

Elson is new.....he needs a learning curve.

ata
11-28-2006, 03:31 AM
Pop? WTF Dude?
Small ball virus strikes again!

TDMVPDPOY
11-28-2006, 03:40 AM
elson shouldve just punch duncan in the face and stfu and play

G-Nob
11-28-2006, 08:56 AM
It would seem to me if we're going to incorporate our centers back into our defense, elson needs to be out there for more minutes. I think not using him against dallas in the 2nd game was a bad idea. I think oberto is fine when we want to play small but there are too many players that get matched up with oberto that just run right by him. I understand the league is going more small, but this basketball team was built on defense and these older guys cannot keep up with the young pups of the nba. If we try to run again in the playoffs, we're going to see a carbon copy of the dallas series where the mavericks were just one step of ahead.

SenorSpur
11-28-2006, 09:24 AM
I seem to remember reading some earlier comments from the coaches and got their impression that Elson was "a quick learner" and was seemingly "picking up the system quickly".

boutons_
11-28-2006, 09:32 AM
"a quick learner"

He may have hit is learning plateau :lol

Fabricio (and Rasho) is obviously the smarter player.

FE is just another athletic tall who isn't a very good bball player.
Just watching his face, I don't see much intensity or intelligence or focus there.

SenorSpur
11-28-2006, 09:38 AM
"a quick learner"

Just watching his face, I don't see much intensity or intelligence or focus there.

There's no question Fab is a smart player and knows the system better. However, that's not the point and has nothing to do with Elson not getting time.

FE lacks aggression? Did you see the season opener versus the Mavs? Dude played D on Dirk very well - probably better than anyone on the team. Dude was aggressive on the boards and accounted for 12 points (8 pts on dunks). Other than TP, no one gets upcourt faster than he does.

Pop needs to optimize his talents and give him some consistent minutes.

itzsoweezee
11-28-2006, 09:38 AM
small ball strikes again.

popovich will never learn

itzsoweezee
11-28-2006, 09:39 AM
"a quick learner"

obviously. b/c you can tell so much by looking at the face of a player.
what idiocy.

boutons_
11-28-2006, 09:42 AM
"you can tell so much by looking at the face of a player."

thank you, but other intelligent observers can read faces, too.

ctpsb
11-28-2006, 09:46 AM
Take this for what it's worth, but I thought the problem last year was that we had no big to match on Dirk and that's why we signed Elson and to a lesser extent, Bonner. I personally don't think they were the answer (I think the league's bias towards Dallas due to Cuban is a BIG factor).

However if you signed them for that reason then why not play them (esp Elson). Play Elson the first time and you beat Dallas on the road -- don't play him the second time and you lose at home. Why sign them if you aren't going to play them?

SenorSpur
11-28-2006, 09:51 AM
Take this for what it's worth, but I thought the problem last year was that we had no big to match on Dirk and that's why we signed Elson and to a lesser extent, Bonner. I personally don't think they were the answer (I think the league's bias towards Dallas due to Cuban is a BIG factor).

However if you signed them for that reason then why not play them (esp Elson). Play Elson the first time and you beat Dallas on the road -- don't play him the second time and you lose at home. Why sign them if you aren't going to play them?

That's why I'm wondering what the puck Pop is doing?

boutons_
11-28-2006, 10:18 AM
I think Pop is bored and entertains himself reading this forum and playing weird fucking lineups just to see what happens.

SenorSpur
11-28-2006, 10:49 AM
I rarely question Pop's judgement, but ever since the Dallas game I'm furious at him for not utilizing Elson more. Meanwhile, he's giving 24-26 BIG minutes to Horry.

dknights411
11-28-2006, 10:58 AM
Maybe Pop has a specific rotation in his mid. He's probably trying to keep Horry loose by giving him minutes now and then. Elson will come back into the regular rotation eventually. It's still early in the season. I'm not gonna question sub patterns now.

LEONARD
11-28-2006, 12:05 PM
Horry >>> Elson

nkdlunch
11-28-2006, 12:19 PM
Pop lost the game on purpose to the mavs thats why. why else would he not play Elson on Dirk at all!????

Rick Von Braun
11-28-2006, 12:34 PM
Nah I didn't watch the game....

But I can tell right now that the Biedrins Oberto matchup wasn't a good one for us....

Dude, you have to watch the games... Biedrins did most of his damage on Duncan and Oberto in that order.

The only one that didn' suck on D was Bowen. Other than him, our D sucked raw eggs against the Warriors.

Elson D was horrid to say the least... he was consistently out of position.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-28-2006, 01:45 PM
If Pop is going to treat the regular season as a mad scientist laboratory, he needs to play Elson.

Sitting him now does us no good in March, April, etc.

dtk
11-29-2006, 08:37 PM
(I think the league's bias towards Dallas due to Cuban is a BIG factor).

I think it is funny that half the people in the world think that the league is biased towards Dallas because of Cuban and the other half think that Cuban's Shenanigans bias officials and the lague against him. :dizzy

exstatic
11-29-2006, 09:05 PM
I rarely question Pop's judgement, but ever since the Dallas game I'm furious at him for not utilizing Elson more. Meanwhile, he's giving 24-26 BIG minutes to Horry.
Horry averages just under 17 minutes.

mikejones99
11-30-2006, 02:10 AM
Elson played great tonight against Utah in his limited minutes.