PDA

View Full Version : As a Spurs fan should I be happy with the way Amare is playing?

The_Game
11-28-2006, 07:33 AM
Really as a Spurs fan it would not be good to see Amare return to dominant form but he has looked good and is funto watch

Amare is getting there and puttinf up 20 and 10 lately and even had 7 blocks Vs the Nets. It is good to see he is doing so well inside as well, most of his points are still coming inside the paint. he is still hitting jumpshots too though.

with Amare playing much better his team is winning as they have won 6 out of their last 7 games.

the league will be that much better with Amare back to his best.

Texas_Ranger
11-28-2006, 08:00 AM
Yes you can be happy for him. The guy was injured 1 year and now he is playing great. I'm glad for him.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-28-2006, 08:25 AM
Yeah, good luck to him. It's terrible to see injury ruin any player.

themvp
11-28-2006, 08:36 AM
As a NBA and Spurs fan I'd like to see Amare of old.

Because it's more exciting and fun to watch his talent. Nba gets better then.

Also I would like to see Duncan (when healthy) and Amare of old in a playoff series again.

Texas_Ranger
11-28-2006, 11:09 AM
Also I would like to see Duncan (when healthy) and Amare of old in a playoff series again.

That would be great to watch. :fro

T-Pain
11-28-2006, 05:06 PM
i like Amare and Im a spurs fan...

nkdlunch
11-28-2006, 05:09 PM
As long as Dallas doesn't go to the finals again I'm happy w/whatever

dirk4mvp
11-28-2006, 05:19 PM
Yes. He's a special talent and it would've been messed up if his career was done over a stupid injury.

Axl Van Dam
11-28-2006, 07:01 PM
:reading As a Spurs fan I have to be realistic. Seeing Amare get back his old form gets me worried because that is a danger sign for us. With him healthy he has the potential to just wreck havoc in the shaded lane. I still remember the way he manhandled the SPURS frontline during 2005 WCF. He just plainly obliterated anyone in his path even Timmy. The 2 reasons why the SUNS lost that series? 1. The Suns can't play defense if their lives depended on it. 2. Only Steve Nash And Amare Stoudemire showed up during that series. Q was firing up bricks and The Matrix got grounded. But as a basketball fan on the other hand i would also be happy to see him bounce back from those two knee surgeries because the kid is just simply talented. It would benefit the league and The Spurs because then we have to toughen up the D on him to shut him down. It would be tragic to see a the 2nd best PF ( next to Timmy )in the game just go to waste because of an injury. :reading

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-28-2006, 07:24 PM
Maybe this is just me, but I wonder how some people can be fans of a team in the sport and not be a fan of the sport.

I just started reading Jack McCallum's new book on the Suns (7 Seconds or Less) and so far it's been a great look into that organization and what is normal in any organization.

There aren't many players I don't like in baseball, basketball or football and I would love to watch a good game any day of the week. I remember coming home from work one night after covering a robbery, a grass fire, a kid being hit by a car and being called a racist by a reader and turning on MLB.TV and watching the final 11 innings of an 18- (or 19-) inning Colorado/Arizona game while getting out of my work clothes and making dinner.

So, basically, I took all that time to tell you that yes, you should be happy that Amare is playing well. And as a Spurs fan, you should always want to beat a team at their best whenever possible - and a healthy Amare gives the Suns their best chance of winning.

Amarelooms
11-28-2006, 11:40 PM
Amare LOOMS...I should know partner

atxrocker
11-28-2006, 11:59 PM
haha... let's dig up all the amare is done threads and see how many people are backpeddling now. certainly not me, who had faith he could continue to play at a high level and regain some of his explosivness. i guess its jump on the bandwagon time for the drones out there... for now.

ponky
11-29-2006, 01:55 AM
you should be happy when any really good nba player is playing well...and as a spurs fan (you, not me), i don't think there's much to worry about when it comes to the suns...maybe if diaw lived up to his contract but IMO, that hasn't happened

Obstructed_View
11-29-2006, 12:15 PM
Maybe this is just me, but I wonder how some people can be fans of a team in the sport and not be a fan of the sport.

I just started reading Jack McCallum's new book on the Suns (7 Seconds or Less) and so far it's been a great look into that organization and what is normal in any organization.

There aren't many players I don't like in baseball, basketball or football and I would love to watch a good game any day of the week. I remember coming home from work one night after covering a robbery, a grass fire, a kid being hit by a car and being called a racist by a reader and turning on MLB.TV and watching the final 11 innings of an 18- (or 19-) inning Colorado/Arizona game while getting out of my work clothes and making dinner.

So, basically, I took all that time to tell you that yes, you should be happy that Amare is playing well. And as a Spurs fan, you should always want to beat a team at their best whenever possible - and a healthy Amare gives the Suns their best chance of winning.
+1. Very well put.

RonMexico
11-29-2006, 08:08 PM
For obvious reasons, I'm glad that Amare is getting better (both mentally and physically) - it seems as if his outside shooting and FT shooting have taken a step back, but hopefully that will get better as he gets more in rhythm.

I've said since the beginning of the season that I would be happy with a rookie season performance out of him (13.5 ppg and 9 boards) in the season, with the hopes that his knee gets better and can contribute even more in the post-season. He seems to be getting better every game and the Suns early schedule of 3 back-to-backs in 2 weeks probably made it difficult for him to be consistent.

I can't tell you how many times I would dig up my roommate's Spurs championship DVDs (he was in Spain over the WCF and finals, so he recorded all games on TiVo and transfered them over to DVD) to watch him rock the shit in the WCF and shed a small tear in hope he can do it again... hahah