PDA

View Full Version : do you think ShaQ can still rebound from the Knee Surgery?

milkyway21
11-29-2006, 03:01 AM
Maybe.

But not good enough to defend their title. Wade made it possible for Miami to win over Dallas winning their title last yr. But, ShaQ provided experience and post dominance to create open space and looks for Wade. Zo too! But Zo is not 100% with his kidney condition and ShaQ is one yr older and this surgery might take longer to heal. His toes took him weeks this might too :lol

And we know how much drama Shaq wants to do every after injury just to stay away from fingers who might want to point at him after losing a game or two. He like to exaggerates at times( acc to his best friend Kobe).

:wakeup

MIAMI -- First, Shaq sat. To take a load off his surgically repaired left knee, he settled into a chair outside the Miami Heat locker room Tuesday.

Then he spoke barely above a whisper into a cluster of microphones in front of his face. For those straining to hear, the message was nonetheless clear: Shaquille O'Neal latest injury should not be interpreted as a sign that he's in decline.

"They've been saying that the last 10 years," said O'Neal, speaking publicly for the first time since his surgery on Nov. 19. "I'm going to stick to my formula. I know what I've been doing, and nobody does it better, even at the tender age of 34." :D

O'Neal has been sidelined since Nov. 12, when he tore knee cartilage against Houston, and he's expected to be out until at least Dec. 23.

A year ago, when O'Neal sprained his ankle in Miami's home opener and missed 18 games, there was talk his body was breaking down. He recovered, sat out only five more games and led the Heat to the National Basketball Association title for his fourth championship ring.

Now that he's in the middle of another layoff, rumblings about slippage in his productivity have resurfaced. He dismisses detractors.

"I don't say anything to people that could never do the stuff that I can do," he said.

Miami's sub-.500 record in O'Neal's absence suggests his value remains high. The Heat went 10-13 without him a year ago, and they're 4-6 without him this month.

"My brothers are out there struggling right now, and I should be out there with them," he said. "It's very, very difficult to watch."

He's expected to remain on the bench for a while. The injury originally was diagnosed as a hyperextended knee, and O'Neal said he was surprised when an MRI exam revealed the need for surgery.

His layoff is projected to be four to six weeks following the operation, and O'Neal has yet to resume running.

"It's like starting over," he said. "A couple of days before I got the second diagnosis, I made the comment that my leg was dead. Usually when you have a knee injury, your quads and everything just shut down. That's what was happening. Now I just have to rebuild all that back up."

O'Neal has missed 185 games during his 15-year NBA career, but this is the first time he needed rehabilitation therapy following an operation.

"I hope his thought process is that he tries to almost reinvent himself physically," coach Pat Riley said. "He has to come back a lot lighter, a lot leaner. Those kinds of things are really important now."

No problem, O'Neal said.

"I'll be in shape good enough to help the team out and help win games and further what we're trying to do," he said.

AP News

PM5K
11-29-2006, 04:18 AM
They weren't going to win another one anyway...

boutons_
11-29-2006, 05:07 AM
even dead cats bounce

Texas_Ranger
11-29-2006, 08:01 AM
I'll say he will grab about 7 rebounds per game and have about 15 pts, per game.

His time is over.

Amare_32
11-29-2006, 11:57 AM
Does it occur to anybody that maybe Shaq is not really hurt? I mean maybe the Diesel wanted to take off the 1st half off the season. We all know that he has a certain disregard for the regular season.
________
YAMAHA QT50 (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_QT50)
________
Paxil side effect (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/paxil/)

Sportcamper
11-29-2006, 12:05 PM
To the dismay of most of the NBA, Shaqs days will not be over till Shaq says they are over...

It will be fun to see the teams with the best records holding on for dear life in the play-offs when a healthy Shaq returns...

http://static.flickr.com/63/170916204_62eed9b3da.jpg

Amare_32
11-29-2006, 12:30 PM
To the dismay of most of the NBA, Shaqs days will not be over till Shaq says they are over...

It will be fun to see the teams with the best records holding on for dear life in the play-offs when a healthy Shaq returns...

http://static.flickr.com/63/170916204_62eed9b3da.jpg

True but he is not what he used to be. Remeber going back to the Finals there were games were he was outplayed by Dampier of all people. Wade is the one that got them the rings.
________
How i met your mother forums (http://www.tv-gossip.com/how-i-met-your-mother/)
________
WEB SHOWS (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

Bob Lanier
11-29-2006, 01:05 PM
Shaquille O'Neal latest injury should not be interpreted as a sign that he's in decline.

"They've been saying that the last 10 years," said O'Neal

They've been saying it since it was true.

THE Dr. Evil
11-29-2006, 01:54 PM
It's going to be hard for someone his size to come back from this surgery. He puts a lot of stress on his knees, and that's not good. I have to say, things are going to start coming to an end for him and it's going to take longer than 6 weeks for him to come back.

bdictjames
11-29-2006, 03:02 PM
I think it would be great to see Zoe and O'Neal retire at the same year

milkyway21
11-29-2006, 07:56 PM
They've been saying it since it was true.hey i hope your team will re-group, Big Ben will stop thinking about frustrations, be a leader like he was once in Detroit. You accumulated those losses early in the season because of your road games in Texas, you might make it now that Miami has lost their other Superstar. Or you might lose another run to Cleveland or Nets, or Detroit, who knows? before you know it. :wakeup

freedom&justice
11-29-2006, 09:47 PM
It's tough to rebound from this type of surgery. He probably won't get much lift from his knees (not that he had much hops to begin with) and he's probably gonna take quite a bit longer than six weeks to heal because of his age and his size, and as someone else said, he puts a lot of stress on his aging knees (not to mention his whole body). Heck, Kobe (who's only 28) overshot his healing time by a few weeks as well.

FlipMavFan
11-30-2006, 02:44 AM
Who cares? Eff Shaq!

milkyway21
12-06-2006, 05:28 AM
Who cares? Eff Shaq!
such a :dramaquee when it was the Dwyne Wade /Shaq who choked you from winning the title.

it's like one enemy down for you Dallas. Because if he can still recover and dominate the middle you'd still be in trouble.

YOU SHOULD BE JUMPING FOR JOY IF HE CAN'T, IF YOU CAN JUST ADMIT IT MAV FAN!

2Cleva
12-06-2006, 11:31 AM
It really doesn't sound good for Shaq. Marc Stein said microfracture surgery was an option for Shaq but the Heat decided against it simply because of the rehab time, not because he didn't need it. Greg Anthony said he's likely out until All-Star break.

mavsfan1000
12-06-2006, 02:54 PM
such a :dramaquee when it was the Dwyne Wade /Shaq who choked you from winning the title.

it's like one enemy down for you Dallas. Because if he can still recover and dominate the middle you'd still be in trouble.

YOU SHOULD BE JUMPING FOR JOY IF HE CAN'T, IF YOU CAN JUST ADMIT IT MAV FAN!
Correction it was the refs that took the title away from the Dallas. The 3 Wade lovers.

cornbread
12-06-2006, 03:02 PM
Correction it was the refs that took the title away from the Dallas. The 3 Wade lovers.

Here we go again...

milkyway21
12-07-2006, 02:47 AM
Correction it was the refs that took the title away from the Dallas. The 3 Wade lovers.so there was a conspiracy uh hum :rolleyes
so when Dirk missed those crucial FTs it was the ref's fault too? :D Funny!

...I wonder why ALL of the 3 refs (if you say so), favored the Miami Heat. Maybe because they are more lovable than Mark Cuban or Dallas?