PDA

View Full Version : where is MANU?

Emanuel20
11-29-2006, 07:52 AM
I don't see the fire in his eyes....without him we are not going to win another championship....Manu is better player at crunch time than Parker...

Do you guys think he even cares that he is not playing well (because if we know him well enough, when he is having a bad game, he at least tries to come with big game…..but not anymore)....
I think he is a little preoccupied about staying in the league for longer time and he is also changing his style of play which might not be so good to him..?

SpursWillOwn
11-29-2006, 08:20 AM
sorry.

Emanuel20
11-29-2006, 08:35 AM
sorry.

What are you sorry about?

Solid D
11-29-2006, 08:37 AM
He injured himself going for a loose ball contending for it against two Mavs. He had fire in his eyes as he tried to save it. He injured his lower back/hip doing so. That's the last time he's been on the floor for us to see the competitive spirit he has but I'm sure he hasn't lost it.

Do you get to watch many games or just highlights where you live?

Bruno
11-29-2006, 08:39 AM
Manu has been for the moment a disapointment this season.
I real hope that he will be back in the SuperManu mode.
This season, Manu is clearly behind Parker and Parker is clearly behind Duncan.

Emanuel20
11-29-2006, 08:40 AM
Manu has been for the moment a disapointment this season.
I real hope that he will be back in the SuperManu mode.
This season, Manu is clearly behind Parker and Parker is clearly behind Duncan.

Well, don't be so sure...because parker can't take over a game how manu can (Blazers:))

Emanuel20
11-29-2006, 08:42 AM
He injured himself going for a loose ball contending for it against two Mavs. He had fire in his eyes as he tried to save it. He injured his lower back/hip doing so. That's the last time he's been on the floor for us to see the competitive spirit he has but I'm sure he hasn't lost it.

Do you get to watch many games or just highlights where you live?

I just hope he is healthy from now on..
i usually watch those games that are on TNT, ESPN

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
11-29-2006, 08:42 AM
Yeah, I've seen Manu play with that same fire, he always has the same constant hustle since the opening game this season. Just watch him on the defensive end and you see it. He goes after the ball as much as always. I think his play so far this season just looks bad on paper/statsheets. Besides his understandable lower FG percentage, he's been great with the other things rebounds, assists, key defensive plays that has turned the tide for our potential L into a W, it's all there. Aside from a few games of brilliance--his offensive potency is just lacking. That's the only thing I want to see him try to resurrect, but apparently he's still adjusting to his new style. (i.e. Waiting around for an open three and typically handling the ball only for a few plays in a quarter)

Bruno
11-29-2006, 08:44 AM
Well, don't be so sure...because parker can't take over a game how manu can (Blazers:))

cough... Sonics... cough

Solid D
11-29-2006, 08:44 AM

If you saw the Blazers game, then you must know that Manu was not having a very memorable game until the 4th quarter, when he took over. He had 7 points prior to the 4th in that one.

Emanuel20
11-29-2006, 08:45 AM
Yeah, I've seen Manu play with that same fire, he always has the same constant hustle since the opening game this season. Just watch him on the defensive end and you see it. He goes after the ball as much as always. I think his play so far this season just looks bad on paper/statsheets. Besides his understandable lower FG percentage, he's been great with the other things rebounds, assists, key defensive plays that has turned the tide for our potential L into a W, it's all there. Aside from a few games of brilliance--his offensive potency is just lacking. That's the only thing I want to see him try to resurrect, but apparently he's still adjusting to his new style. (i.e. Waiting around for an open three and typically handling the ball only for a few plays in a quarter)

well, do you think he can make the All star game with those qualities...?

Emanuel20
11-29-2006, 08:46 AM
If you saw the Blazers game, then you must know that Manu was not having a very memorable game until the 4th quarter, when he took over. He had 7 points prior to the 4th in that one.

I was referring to the 4th quarter

Texas_Ranger
11-29-2006, 08:51 AM
His time will come, he is just not ready enough.

Emanuel20
11-29-2006, 08:52 AM
His time will come, he is just not ready enough.

What do you mean? (playoff.....?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
11-29-2006, 08:57 AM
well, do you think he can make the All star game with those qualities...?
I don't think so, he's averaging around 15, 14, he could raise it to his regular 16, but I think he needs to pull either an average of 6 rebounds 4 assists and be one of the top guards in steals, or add another 40 Plus point high scoring game to remind the coaches just how good he is, and that isn't likely going to happen, because :
1. He's the third scoring option iwith a semi deep bench.
2. How many Suns games do we have before the A-S game?
3. Pop doesn't like fast tempo offense and would bench his ass by the time he got hot with a streak of 9 points.
4. Manu has nothing to prove and isn't selfish enough to reach 40 points.
5. 2004,2005 was Manu's time to shine because he was emerging as an alternate Offensive Weapon to Tim Duncan. He'll never be an alternate 1st scoring option, and will probably stay third weapon because Pop thinks Tony should take 25 shots for some reason as if he were a Lebron or Kobe. I always thought Tim should be taking 20 shots.

Solid D
11-29-2006, 08:57 AM
Do you guys think he even cares that he is not playing well (because if we know him well enough, when he is having a bad game, he at least tries to come with big game…..but not anymore)....

I was giving you an example (Blazers :) ), since you were saying that Manu doesn't try to come with "big game" when he is having a bad game.

Emanuel20
11-29-2006, 09:00 AM
I don't think so, he's averaging around 15, 14, he could raise it to his regular 16, but I think he needs to pull either an average of 6 rebounds 4 assists and be one of the top guards in steals, or add another 40 Plus point high scoring game to remind the coaches just how good he is, and that isn't likely going to happen, because :
1. He's the third scoring option iwith a semi deep bench.
2. How many Suns games do we have before the A-S game?
3. Pop doesn't like fast tempo offense and would bench his ass by the time he got hot with a streak of 9 points.
4. Manu has nothing to prove and isn't selfish enough to reach 40 points.
5. 2004,2005 was Manu's time to shine because he was emerging as an alternate Offensive Weapon to Tim Duncan. He'll never be an alternate 1st scoring option, and will probably stay third weapon because Pop thinks Tony should take 25 shots for some reason as if he were a Lebron or Kobe. I always thought Tim should be taking 20 shots.

this just makes me think that POp does not like Manu or Pop like parker better.....25 shots a game uffffffffffff

Emanuel20
11-29-2006, 09:02 AM
:tu
I was giving you an example (Blazers :) ), since you were saying that Manu doesn't try to come with "big game" when he is having a bad game.

:))) :)

smeagol
11-29-2006, 09:03 AM
Let me check my calendar . . . mmmhhhh . . . yes!!!!!!

It is time for a new Manu vs Parker thread :depressed

Emanuel20
11-29-2006, 09:10 AM
i watched i spanish show in 2005, Gino and his wife where there...and when Many was asked If she goes out with Eva...she said NO .....
And gino said he does not watch Desperate Housewives.

manu in show match http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iofOEn627JU

Bruno
11-29-2006, 09:16 AM
:rollin @ some Manu's fans.

Stop living in your fairy tales world :
- Manu doesn't play 35 mpg because he can't, not because Pop doesn't like him.
- Manu isn't more unselfish than Parker or Duncan, Menu shoots less than them because he isn't able to score 20ppg with a good %.
- Pop ask Parker and Duncan to score a lot because they are Spurs best and more reliable scoresr.
- Everybody in Spurs team/staff and Manu, wants to have a Manu at an all star level but the truth is that he isn't able to play at this level for the moment.

Saying that "Manu is the best player in the world but he struggles because of the nasty Pop/Duncan/Parker/Spurs and because he is so great that he has nothing to proove" is rediculous.
The reality is that Manu isn't very good this season, plain and simple.

Emanuel20
11-29-2006, 09:25 AM

Stop living in your fairy tales world :
- Manu doesn't play 35 mpg because he can't, not because Pop doesn't like him.
- Manu isn't more unselfish than Parker or Duncan, Menu shoots less than them because he isn't able to score 20ppg with a good %.
- Pop ask Parker and Duncan to score a lot because they are Spurs best and more reliable scoresr.
- Everybody in Spurs team/staff and Manu, wants to have a Manu at an all star level but the truth is that he isn't able to play at this level for the moment.

Saying that "Manu is the best player in the world but he struggles because of the nasty Pop/Duncan/Parker/Spurs and because he is so great that he has nothing to proove" is rediculous.
The reality is that Manu isn't very good this season, plain and simple.

well...he was not good last season....but may be he does not score 20 points a night...
well but he
-plays DIFENSE (parker doesn't, he just shoots)
-Steals the ball and also shares the ball
-he he makes crucial plays
-he shoots the 3 relatively good
-he pisses of the other team because of his "style of play"
-he DIVES for loose balls (last season vs dallas it was because of manu and bruce we got to game 7 )
and let's just say HE IS CUTIER THAN TONY
:clap

Bruno
11-29-2006, 09:43 AM
^ I have never say that Manu wasn't a good/great player, I'm not a Manu hater.
It's just rediculous to blame others for Manu's struggles.
If Manu plays bad, the main and almost only person responsible is Manu.

spurschick
11-29-2006, 09:44 AM
Sanctified one moment, damned the next. Such is the life of Manu.

Emanuel20
11-29-2006, 09:45 AM
^ I have never say that Manu wasn't a good/great player, I'm not a Manu hater.
It's just rediculous to blame others for Manu's struggles.
If Manu plays bad, the main and almost only person responsible is Manu.

WELL, i was not blaming others, i said that may by Pop should allow manu to shoot the ball more and should se up some plays that will help his confidence....

TDMVPDPOY
11-29-2006, 09:53 AM
manu>parker

plays defense
works for his baskets, or setups his own offense for better shots
passes
floppin takes alot of his energy>35mpg

the reason why i hate parker
rushes down the court, flops like the biatch he is, complains when he dives and doesnt get the call, and sometimes no basket
fail to realize and open man next to him after a high pick/screen and forces up a jumpshot and then you see the open man with a wtf look on his face, gino always gets it..

he makes more mistakes during the game as compared to gino who creates alot of mistakes on last sec plays :(:(

Bruno
11-29-2006, 09:55 AM
WELL, i was not blaming others, i said that may by Pop should allow manu to shoot the ball more and should se up some plays that will help his confidence....

It was mainly ManuTim_best of Fwiendz who has blamed others.
but "this just makes me think that POp does not like Manu or Pop like parker better.....25 shots a game uffffffffffff" is too blaming Pop for Manu's weakness.

Cherry
11-29-2006, 09:56 AM

well, me too.
But he's still pretty damn good to me.

If he's open for the three, he's always had the guts to take it, and he's fearless going to the rim," Popovich said. "The in-between thing, I think, is going to take time for him to recognize when it's going to be appropriate. In the meantime, he's probably going to be caught betwixt and between now and then."

For Ginobili to stay in rhythm, Popovich said, he needs to be on the floor as much as possible. As a result, his minutes have increased to an average of 30.5 per game, the most of his career.

plain and simple.

Relax :)

Emanuel20
11-29-2006, 10:00 AM
manu>parker

plays defense
works for his baskets, or setups his own offense for better shots
passes
floppin takes alot of his energy>35mpg

the reason why i hate parker
rushes down the court, flops like the biatch he is, complains when he dives and doesnt get the call, and sometimes no basket
fail to realize and open man next to him after a high pick/screen and forces up a jumpshot and then you see the open man with a wtf look on his face, gino always gets it..

he makes more mistakes during the game as compared to gino who creates alot of mistakes on last sec plays :(:(

Tha's true....i have seen to many times whem gino or bruce is in the corner OPEN but noooooooooooooo parker has to go and shoot and if he misses he does not care the next time again he shoots even though an open player is waiting

Cherry
11-29-2006, 10:07 AM
Sanctified one moment, damned the next. Such is the life of Manu.

Only Manu can do that...

...at the same time. :lol

Emanuel20
11-29-2006, 10:14 AM
y'all think manu will be traded when his contract expires

Emanuel20
11-29-2006, 10:46 AM
Is manu playing tonight at all...?

Duncanoypi
11-29-2006, 11:57 AM
we must care for spurs as a team....not only one...

Texas_Ranger
11-29-2006, 12:05 PM
What do you mean? (playoff.....?

No man. That would be too long. I think he will start playing much better after the All-Star break.

SuperManu!!!
11-29-2006, 01:43 PM
I don't care if manu or parker are the 2nd or 3rd option....but i don't like parker being our 1st option as an scorer....Offense must run through duncan. Not manu or frenchie can carry a team like duncan, if not, we would be like the lakers with kobe making 80 shots just to score 30 points. Wake up POP!!!!

Emanuel20
11-29-2006, 02:01 PM
No man. That would be too long. I think he will start playing much better after the All-Star break.

ha, well that's a long time too

Emanuel20
11-29-2006, 02:03 PM
we must care for spurs as a team....not only one...

TELL IT TO PARKER .....HE IS SUPPOSED TO BE A POINT GUARD...MANU IS THE SHOOTING GUARD

Emanuel20
11-29-2006, 02:11 PM
just heard that gino is not playing tonight :((((((((((

Bruno
11-29-2006, 03:05 PM
:lol
Is there a chapter in the Manu's church's bible saying that every Manu lover should too be a Parker hater ?

Kori Ellis
11-29-2006, 03:09 PM
You started this thread to complain that Manu doesn't have any fire left (even though you rarely see games and wouldn't know) and quickly turned it into Tony vs Manu thread.

Good job. :downspin:

Move on.