PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else here have Lightscribe software?

TheSanityAnnex
11-29-2006, 03:41 PM
This cd labeler program and software is the shit. Good bye to Sharpie's and paper labels, hello lightscribe. Anyone know if Lightscribe will have the capability to inscribe color anytime soon? Also, does anyone know of a website where I can find pictures of the actual cd to use on my own burned cd? Long live Lightscribe.

MannyIsGod
11-29-2006, 03:59 PM
I've used the lightscribe feature on my drive once in the time I've had my computer. I think both of our laptops have it also, but I just don't care enough to do it. I do think its cool, but whatever.

Samurai Jane
11-29-2006, 04:18 PM
I'm in the same boat. It was really cool being able to put a custom label (in our case it was for my bro-in-law's wedding and we put a picture of him and his bride on the CD/DVD.) That was neat but I haven't used it since then. (Who burns CDs anymore anyway???) I kid I kid..

TheSanityAnnex
11-29-2006, 04:32 PM
I am very particular about cd's I burn and don't like the look of the Sharpie handwriting that you usually come across, so I had always made paper labels for my discs. For me, this is a God send. Not only do I not have to use the smearing paper that sometimes gets stuck in the cd player because its too thick, but this lightscribe deal won't fade on me. And the images it will reproduce are quite sharp.

I'm addicted to purchasing and burning so this fits my needs perfectly.

TheSanityAnnex
11-29-2006, 04:33 PM
cd surface.

Notorious H.O.P.
11-30-2006, 04:46 PM
How long is it taking you to burn a detailed image? I have one and tried once but it took a while to finish.

Samurai Jane
11-30-2006, 04:47 PM
I think the one I did took about 35 minutes

leemajors
11-30-2006, 05:17 PM
I think the one I did took about 35 minutes

just like burning at 1x! i'd rather burn faster and write on it with a sharpie. to each his own, though.

Mixability
11-30-2006, 05:24 PM
I can't imagine fumbling with burnt CDs anymore. I just buy the CD, upload it into Itunes and sync to my iPod. Keeps my truck much cleaner. now only if I could play videos from my iPod onto the tv in my truck. :depressed

TheSanityAnnex
11-30-2006, 05:50 PM
How long is it taking you to burn a detailed image? I have one and tried once but it took a while to finish.
25 minutes

MannyIsGod
11-30-2006, 06:48 PM
I can't imagine fumbling with burnt CDs anymore. I just buy the CD, upload it into Itunes and sync to my iPod. Keeps my truck much cleaner. now only if I could play videos from my iPod onto the tv in my truck. :depressedFumbling with CDs? :lol Dude, I agree the Ipod is an easier way to go, but its not like CDs were this huge burden.

Mixability
12-01-2006, 10:40 AM
Fumbling with CDs? :lol Dude, I agree the Ipod is an easier way to go, but its not like CDs were this huge burden.

When you have 500+ cd's and a short attention span with music. I'd rather scroll through a click wheel in my truck and leave all my cds at home, then to have to carry around one of those old school CD binders and risk them being stolen from my truck.

CharlieMac
12-01-2006, 12:34 PM
I use it when I'm not in a rush.