PDA

View Full Version : what happened to the usc so called "greats"?

Fillmoe
11-30-2006, 03:08 AM
reggie bush might have alot of promise but as far as rookie years go he isnt even in the rankings for best running backs out of the draft..... addai and maroney are shitting on the competition.......

and where is matt leinart? the so called "ready for the nfl" quarterback? isnt dude like 1 and 6 as a starter?

johngateswhiteley
11-30-2006, 03:29 AM
reggie bush might have alot of promise but as far as rookie years go he isnt even in the rankings for best running backs out of the draft..... addai and maroney are shitting on the competition.......

and where is matt leinart? the so called "ready for the nfl" quarterback? isnt dude like 1 and 6 as a starter?

this will be my only response to this nonsense.

1. Bush is having a very fine year
2. Leinart just broke the all time rookie passing record for yards in a game @ 405

...while some may have expected more from Bush, he'll be great in the near future and once Deuce is gone. he just needs to adjust to NFL rushing...needs to slow down. Leinart has done great, especially when you consider he has the worst lines in the NFL.

kskonn
11-30-2006, 11:39 AM

2. Leinart just broke the all time rookie passing record for yards in a game @ 405

...while some may have expected more from Bush, he'll be great in the near future and once Deuce is gone. he just needs to adjust to NFL rushing...needs to slow down. Leinart has done great, especially when you consider he has the worst lines in the NFL.

I think putting bush in as a fulltime running back in the NFL would be a mistake. I really like him as a slot receiver or as a back coming out of the back field in a two back set. I think he will be most effective as a change of pace back getting about 15 carries a game. combine his carries with receiving plays, reverses etc and he should get about 25-30 touches. That is where I personally feel he will be most successfull and most durable.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-01-2006, 11:50 PM
USC greatness in the nfl.

stretch
12-02-2006, 10:10 AM

Bush is having an okay year, but its only okay because hes a rookie. if he was an experienced RB, this would be a pretty shitty year for someone that was so hyped up.

and Leinart can put up all the stats he wants, but without wins, its meaningless. the Cardinals are what, 1-7 with him starting? compare that to Vince Young, who has a FAR worse team surrounding him, and a tougher divison, but he has led his team to a 4-4 record.

granted, its still rookie years for these guys, and i think that Leinart will be a very good QB, but id say so far this year, that VY has accomplished more than Leinart. both have put up crappy stats, but VY has put up the wins, which is what matters most for a QB.

kskonn
12-02-2006, 10:23 AM
Bush is having an okay year, but its only okay because hes a rookie. if he was an experienced RB, this would be a pretty shitty year for someone that was so hyped up.

and Leinart can put up all the stats he wants, but without wins, its meaningless. the Cardinals are what, 1-7 with him starting? compare that to Vince Young, who has a FAR worse team surrounding him, and a tougher divison, but he has led his team to a 4-4 record.

granted, its still rookie years for these guys, and i think that Leinart will be a very good QB, but id say so far this year, that VY has accomplished more than Leinart. both have put up crappy stats, but VY has put up the wins, which is what matters most for a QB.

I would also say that even though vince youngs success has a lot to do with him, I feel that he has a much better coach. This just goes to show how much having a coaching staff that understands how to develop players matters. I always get the feeling that Arizona does not understand how to focuse Leinart on the things that he needs to work on. It just seems like they tell him to go play and lets see what happens.

johngateswhiteley
12-02-2006, 05:06 PM

such horseshit:

1. Leinart has put up better stats
2. the titans, in case you hadn't noticed, have a much better team than the Cardinals
3. i agree about Bush, but its obvious to me, he'll be great

mookie2001
12-02-2006, 05:45 PM
the titans, in case you hadn't noticed, have a much better team than the Cardinalsin what way?

ducks
12-02-2006, 10:52 PM
titans do not have a lousy field goal kicker
and dennis green as their coach

LB7
12-02-2006, 10:57 PM
Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin compared to Titans WRs??? Give me a break...I'll give you the coach thing because Jeff Fisher is obviously a better one than Green but as far as the team goes, that edge has to go to the Cards. Leinart SHOULD be lighting it up with that receiving core.

Fillmoe
12-03-2006, 01:24 AM
as much as i hate matt leinart his fucking o line is crap!

titans o line >>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.qvsd.org/2550_708421363/lib/2550_708421363/cones.jpg

mookie2001
12-03-2006, 11:01 AM
VYs top 2 options are drew bennett and the injured BO FUCKING SCAIFE

TheTruth
12-03-2006, 12:10 PM
Reggie Bush will be worse without Deuce Mccalister.

Leinart is gonna be a good QB, but he won't be near as good as VY.

Jay Cutler is gonna be better than both of them.

Lendale White is a thug.

Fillmoe
12-03-2006, 04:15 PM
everytime i make a thread the shit backfires on me....... this homo bush just lit up my team for like 130 yards recieving 30 yards rushing and 4 tds

stretch
12-03-2006, 04:28 PM
such horseshit:

1. Leinart has put up better stats
2. the titans, in case you hadn't noticed, have a much better team than the Cardinals
3. i agree about Bush, but its obvious to me, he'll be great
1. Leinart has put up better stats in terms of yardage and comp%, but VY has more TDs, less INTs, and more wins which is what is most important.
2. you are a fucking moron to say that the Titans have a much better team. what true threats does their offense have other than Vince Young? NONE. what threats do the Cardinals have? Anquan Boldin, Larry Fitzgerald, Edge (although playing very crappy, is still a RB that should not be taken lightly). and the Titan defense is slightly better. but they dont have a MUCH better team by any means.
3. Bush could be great, but still looks a little too small to be a truly great NFL RB. I dont think he will be as good as someone like Ladanian Tomlinson.

ducks
12-03-2006, 05:38 PM
leinhart is not responisble for all the cards loses
he should have started this season
but green was so fucking stupid
matt deserved to beat the bears
the first 2 games the kicker blew the cards chances
cards should be .500 IMO
had their kicker been like last year and matt started this season

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-03-2006, 05:41 PM
cards should be .500 IMO

For somebody who doesn't know the difference between a basketball court and a football field, you have a lot of nerve calling anybody "fucking stupid."

stretch
12-03-2006, 05:53 PM
cards should be .500 IMO
coulda woulda shoulda.

well, the Titans should have won their first game against Indy, as well as the game against Baltimore, but they didnt. either way, VY has led his team to a 5-4 record as as starter, with wins in Washington and Philly, and against Houston, NYG, and Indianapolis. Leinart is 2-8 with wins in St. Louis, and against Detroit.

sorry, but Vince Young has unquestionably been the better QB so far.

johngateswhiteley
12-03-2006, 10:56 PM
1. Bush was awesome today

2. Leinart was good and his team won today

3. you guys don't know much about football, i'll take the team with the better lines (where the game is won) any day over the team with flashier players...the titans have a much better football team

...btw, vyoung isn't doing much, he turns the ball over way to much for the amount of times he throws and runs with it, but his TEAM is winning cause they are picking him up.

leemajors
12-03-2006, 11:09 PM
1. Bush was awesome today

2. Leinart was good and his team won today

3. you guys don't know much about football, i'll take the team with the better lines (where the game is won) any day over the team with flashier players...the titans have a much better football team

...btw, vyoung isn't doing much, he turns the ball over way to much for the amount of times he throws and runs with it, but his TEAM is winning cause they are picking him up.

yeah he isn't making big plays at key moments at all, leading drives to win games in the 4th. his teammates don't believe he will take them down the field when they need him to. :dizzy

ducks
12-03-2006, 11:13 PM
cutler is not going to be better then matt

ducks
12-03-2006, 11:16 PM
For somebody who doesn't know the difference between a basketball court and a football field, you have a lot of nerve calling anybody "fucking stupid."
court and a football field are the same thing you stupid idiot

ducks
12-03-2006, 11:17 PM
culter had alot of help from bell today
and he still is choking
2 ints and one fumble

dirk4mvp
12-03-2006, 11:20 PM
court and a football field are the same thing you stupid idiot

O

M

G

kingsfan
12-03-2006, 11:39 PM
Fill-why the hell would you post this right before Saints play 9ers? http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/madrun.gif You were asking for Bush to go off on us http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smidepressed.gif 4 fucking TD's!!

Fillmoe
12-03-2006, 11:44 PM
i just noticed that the cardinals won and bush tore shit up....... :lol

i need to stop making these threads

stretch
12-04-2006, 12:07 AM
yeah he isn't making big plays at key moments at all, leading drives to win games in the 4th. his teammates don't believe he will take them down the field when they need him to. :dizzy
couldnt have said it better. he has already made 3 GW drives this season, and also made a huge drive against baltimore, only to watch the line mess things up and let the FG get blocked. anyways, he has already shown that he is a natural born leader, and will soon be one of the best (if not the best) leader in football.