PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Blackjack

AlamoSpursFan
11-30-2006, 12:25 PM
$200 after mail in rebate and I'd have to re-up with Cingular for another 2 years. I want it bad, but I'm trying to talk myself out of it.

Should I or shouldn't I?

http://www.mobiletracker.net/archives/images/samsung-blackjack-1.jpg

Mostly good reviews from what I've read so far...

KEDA
11-30-2006, 12:28 PM
one of my work associates just got hers, she likes it.

it dosent have a touchscreen, so Ill pass

the new Treo should be out soon, my rep already had one and it kicks ass.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-30-2006, 12:30 PM
one of my work associates just got hers, she likes it.

it dosent have a touchscreen, so Ill pass

the new Treo should be out soon, my rep already had one and it kicks ass.

A new Treo? Newer than the 700 series?

Because I really would like the 700w (for the WiFi) and a new one would mean price drops on the old one.

AlamoSpursFan
11-30-2006, 12:33 PM
Does the lack of Wifi really hurt these type of phones? Because the Blackjack doesn't have it, but I have a hard enough time finding unlocked wifi hotspots for my laptop anyways.

I mainly need good signal reception in weak areas and that seems to be one of the Blackjack's good points. The Cingular salesdork who pushed this Motorola v551 P.O.S. on me said it got good reception. He lied.

KEDA
11-30-2006, 12:47 PM
its the TREO 750

its overseas now, or you can buy an unlocked version of it.

Im sure Verizon will get it, the bluetooth is fixed as well as improved reception.

also there is no antenna and it is smaller, while retaining the same screen size

and the best part is the 3G data transfer, so internet browsing will be faster.

also the SD card is behind a little door, so it wont pop out.

here is the link to the website (http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/smartphones/palm-treo-750v-heads-to-us-kinda-207939.php)

dougp
11-30-2006, 12:50 PM
A new Treo? Newer than the 700 series?

Because I really would like the 700w (for the WiFi) and a new one would mean price drops on the old one.
He's talking about the new 750w ... it has a few more updates along with the voice-dialing via bluetooth and a couple other additions over the 700wx (which features a couple more things, mainly more RAM, over the 700w.)

I own the 700wx (from Sprint) and jesus, is it nice. I would not give up the bluetooth, and EVDO > trying to find a wireless signal.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-30-2006, 12:57 PM
The EVDO or 3G would be great. I like quick online browsing and I love my 650, but wish it were Windows based.

MannyIsGod
11-30-2006, 01:04 PM
This is one gadget I've never felt a desire to get, and I love my gadgets.

SpursWoman
11-30-2006, 01:08 PM
The EVDO or 3G would be great. I like quick online browsing and I love my 650, but wish it were Windows based.

Me, too. Me & Adobe Reader for Palm have yet to work things out. :fro

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-30-2006, 01:09 PM
Me, too. Me & Adobe Reader for Palm have yet to work things out. :fro

Same here. It sucks ass.

Although I do love the Opera Mini web browser (much better, but slightly buggier than Blazer) and AvantGo.