PDA

View Full Version : Roy Williams vs Plexi-glass Burress

LEONARD
11-30-2006, 12:59 PM
I hope Roy takes his head off...Roy's not the best cover guy, but a 250 lb ankle tackler? What's Burress done? Beside get hurt a bunch in his career and be inconsistent???

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/475810p-400272c.html

Plaxico Burress has more to worry about than just Michael Strahan.

Terrell Owens remembers how Burress called him a "coward" who purposely slipped on the turf to avoid a potential hit during the Giants' 36-22 win in Dallas last month. Owens says Burress will want to watch out this Sunday, particularly for hard-hitting safety Roy Williams.

When reminded yesterday that Owens had joked a few weeks ago how Williams would take care of Burress for him, Owens said, "Yeah, we'll get him this week. We'll get him this week. All I know is, everybody, that defense has been hitting some people, kind of laying the wood a little bit," Owens said after practice at the Cowboys' Valley Ranch base. "I'm pretty sure they have been watching the film so he better watch out."

The Cowboys' bulletin board should be overflowing with motivation for their rematch with the Giants at the Meadowlands. Bill Parcells already has Jeremy Shockey's "there is no way they have a chance in hell to beat us when we play our football" boast from a week ago to work with.

"He was just popping off at the mouth," Owens said of Shockey. "Whatever he needs to do to spark that team and probably try to get a rise out of us. He is not going to do it. Right now he is frustrated. What they should really be focusing on trying to do is get off that losing streak. And I don't foresee it happening this weekend."

Williams, who was not available for comment, has incentive to target Burress. After that Monday night Giant win, Burress criticized the Dallas safety for complaining about how he was impeded by an official from making a play on Burress when the Giants' receiver caught a 50-yard touchdown bomb. Williams collided with the back judge on the play. "He couldn't have made that play if he wanted to," Burress said after the game. "He can't cover and No.25 (rookie safety Patrick Watkins) can't cover. It wasn't a surprise. That's been (Williams') rap since he came in the league. He's a 250-pound ankle tackler. That's what he is. And horse collars, too."

"He wouldn't have made that play if he was on a skateboard," Burress added.

RealEstateDude
12-02-2006, 02:35 PM
Lights out..

tlongII
12-02-2006, 02:39 PM
The Giants already beat the shit out of the Cowboys in Dallas. Shouldn't be a problem doing it again at the Meadowlands.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
12-02-2006, 02:58 PM
If they wanted to, they could call Williams for horse collaring on 75% of his tackles.

LEONARD
12-02-2006, 03:18 PM
The Giants already beat the shit out of the Cowboys in Dallas. Shouldn't be a problem doing it again at the Meadowlands.

True...since that game in Dallas was REALLY representative of the current team and all... :lol

Bledsoe benched at halftime...Romo's first playing time...
Cowboys 4-1 since then...Giants 2-3
Many injuries to the Giants
Bitching between teammates and coaches on the Giants
Blown 21 pt 4 quarter lead to the TITANS by the Giants

Cowboys ROLL in this one...

LEONARD
12-02-2006, 03:18 PM
If they wanted to, they could call Williams for horse collaring on 75% of his tackles.

Exaggerate much??

12-02-2006, 03:23 PM
Exaggerate much??

Are you saying he doesn't do it a lot? He does. Still.

If I remember correctly, he horse collared Tiki on consecutive plays in the first game.

LEONARD
12-02-2006, 03:36 PM
Are you saying he doesn't do it a lot? He does. Still.

If I remember correctly, he horse collared Tiki on consecutive plays in the first game.

He still does it sometimes, but most of the time it's not a horsecollar as per the rule, which is why they don't call it. It's rarely called on ANYBODY in the NFL because of the way the rule is written...

75% is ridiculous, which is why I said "exaggerate much?" It's not that difficult...

12-02-2006, 03:55 PM
He still does it sometimes, but most of the time it's not a horsecollar as per the rule, which is why they don't call it. It's rarely called on ANYBODY in the NFL because of the way the rule is written...

75% is ridiculous, which is why I said "exaggerate much?" It's not that difficult...

Of course it was an exaggeration, but he still does it quite a bit, which is laughable considering they wrote the rule because of the injuries caused by the way he was tackling players.

Call it or repeal the rule. Stop adding reasons why not to call it; fingers not inside the shoulder pads, player must go straight down, etc.

LEONARD
12-02-2006, 04:07 PM
Of course it was an exaggeration, but he still does it quite a bit, which is laughable considering they wrote the rule because of the injuries caused by the way he was tackling players.

Call it or repeal the rule. Stop adding reasons why not to call it; fingers not inside the shoulder pads, player must go straight down, etc.

I agree, but that's the way the rule is written...

He hasn't broken any legs this year at least... :lol

LEONARD
12-04-2006, 09:18 AM

:lol :lol :lol :lol :donkey

but damn, was Roy even on the field yesterday??? :dizzy

kskonn
12-04-2006, 10:12 AM

there are other things in the rule that say it must be in open field, it must be the last defender etc... tackling guys in that manner at the line of scrimmage is not a horse collar. I have seen him only do it twice in the open field and he was flagged for one of them.