PDA

View Full Version : T.O. questions release of Vanderjagt

ducks
11-30-2006, 11:24 PM
T.O. questions release of Vanderjagt
T.O. questions release of Vanderjagt

By JAIME ARON, AP Sports Writer
November 29, 2006

IRVING, Texas (AP) -- Terrell Owens isn't just sorry to see his pal Mike Vanderjagt go. He thinks the Dallas Cowboys made a mistake by releasing the wayward kicker.

"I don't see what he did wrong to warrant him being cut," Owens said Wednesday. "I hope it doesn't come back to haunt us. Whoever made that decision, I'm pretty sure they're hoping the same thing."

ADVERTISEMENT

Vanderjagt was released Monday, only 11 games into a three-year, $5.4 million contract.

He was 13-of-18 on field goals, a 72.2 percent success rate that was the lowest of his nine-year career. However, he's still the most accurate kicker in league history (86.5 percent) and only one of his misses was completely botched; three hit the right upright and another was blocked.

The final straw was missing two kicks against his former team, Indianapolis, then barely making a 22-yarder against Tampa Bay. Coach Bill Parcells had lost confidence in Vanderjagt heading into the last month with the Cowboys (7-4) holding first place in the NFC East. Martin Gramatica was signed to take his place, despite his own struggles the last few years.

In their brief time as teammates, T.O. and the "idiot kicker," as Peyton Manning once called Vanderjagt, really hit it off. Owens said he's spoken with Vanderjagt since he was cut.

"Going into the Colts game, the guy was 12-of-15. That's still a high kicking percentage," Owens said. "He didn't lose any games for us. If I had to put myself in the mix, I feel like I lost some games and I'm still here, so it's just unfortunate."

Owens dropped a sure touchdown pass that would've broken open a game at Washington. Instead, Vanderjagt had a chance to win it with a last-second field goal, but a missed assignment by a linemen led to the kick being blocked and the Redskins wound up kicking the winning field goal. It was the only game Dallas lost when Vanderjagt missed a kick.

ducks
11-30-2006, 11:25 PM
"Going into the Colts game, the guy was 12-of-15. That's still a high kicking percentage," Owens said. "He didn't lose any games for us. If I had to put myself in the mix, I feel like I lost some games and I'm still here, so it's just unfortunate."

YEP BUT BILL CUTS THE WRONG GUY SHOULD HAVE BEEN T.O and his drops then the kicker

MannyIsGod
11-30-2006, 11:48 PM
Ducks, you love to hate on players more than anyone I've ever seen.

kskonn
12-01-2006, 03:25 PM
Yea exactly, cut the teams leading receiver in the middle of a winning streak. :rolleyes

BeerIsGood!
12-01-2006, 03:43 PM
It wasn't just for the FG misses. It was because the guy is a complete jack ass off the field. Nobody wants to put up with shit from a kicker. Nobody.

ducks
12-01-2006, 09:41 PM
and t.o is a perfect angle off the court?

ducks
12-01-2006, 09:43 PM
Yea exactly, cut the teams leading receiver in the middle of a winning streak. :rolleyes

dude was talking to much when they were losing now he is talking when they are winning

there are alot of people that do not like t.o

he should play in euro where he belongs with his drop passes :clap

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-01-2006, 09:44 PM

No, he's more of a congruent angle.

BeerIsGood!
12-01-2006, 10:12 PM
If the fucker could start catching passes he'd be a right angle

MannyIsGod
12-02-2006, 12:21 AM
:lol

Everyone fixated on angle and missed that TO now plays basketball according to Ducks.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-02-2006, 12:29 AM
:lol

Everyone fixated on angle and missed that TO now plays basketball according to Ducks.

I noticed it, but I can only call out Ducks' laziness/stupidity so much in one day.

kskonn
12-02-2006, 10:29 AM
I think one of the big problems had with Vanderjagt was his cocky attitude. That is all fine when you are kicking at an 87% clip, but when you can't admit that you just screwed up and be humbled there is a problem. Despite all the hate that some people have with TO atleast he admitted when he cost the cowboys a game. Atleast he appeared to be remorseful for the Washington drop and apologized to his team. Besides Parcells has always been know to deal with off the field issues if you help win games(see Lawrence Taylor), and TO does help win games. He is a big part of the reason that Crayton and Glenn are getting one on one coverage and getting open, yea he dropped some balls but he has brought a lot of other things to the table. Vanderjagt has brought nothing.

King
12-02-2006, 12:51 PM
Does Steve Smith belong in the NFL?

Because he has as many dropped passes as TO in two less games. Including big TDs.

ducks
12-02-2006, 01:26 PM
No, he's more of a congruent angle.
court field is the same thing :ihit

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-02-2006, 02:19 PM
court field is the same thing :ihit

http://www.allfornewborns.com/pictures/211_large.jpg

http://www.cmsu.edu/athletic/football/FIELD%20WORK/Field%20A.jpg

No, it really isn't.

Vinnie_Johnson
12-02-2006, 11:35 PM

Depends on what angle you are looking at. :lol

MosesGuthrie
12-03-2006, 10:17 PM

but not always the right angle! :lol