PDA

View Full Version : Who is the team to beat?

TheSanityAnnex
12-01-2006, 04:43 AM
AFC- San Diego Chargers

NFC- Who gives a fuck, they'll be dominated by the Chargers.

Fillmoe
12-01-2006, 04:44 AM
the chargers is pussy son!

UPS Man
12-01-2006, 05:08 AM
As much as I like the Chargers, the AFC is goin through the Pats and Colts. The Chargers ALWAYS choke.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
12-01-2006, 05:17 AM
As much as I like the Chargers, the AFC is goin through the Pats and Colts. The Chargers ALWAYS choke.

TheSanityAnnex
12-01-2006, 11:26 AM
As much as I like the Chargers, the AFC is goin through the Pats and Colts. The Chargers ALWAYS choke.And what team broke both the Pats and Colts coveted streaks last year?

whottt
12-01-2006, 12:25 PM
I gotta agree about the Chargers always choking....

With a 90% increased chance of doing so with Marty the Ultimate Retread at the helm. When hasn't Martyball choked in the playoffs?

stretch
12-01-2006, 12:48 PM
And what team broke both the Pats and Colts coveted streaks last year?
whats streak of the Pats did they break? i know they stopped the colts from being undefeated. but i dont remember what they stopped the pats from doing.

johnsmith
12-01-2006, 01:41 PM
NFC - Agreed, who cares, they'll get smoked in the Super Bowl.

AFC - Sorry SA, as much as I'd like to say an AFC West team, I still have to go with the Colts.

NBA Junkie
12-01-2006, 04:17 PM
Two reasons why the Colts won't take the AFC- Peyton Manning and Tony Dungy.

Manning's problems in big games date back to his high school days. Dungy hasn't fared well as a postseason coach despite having strong teams in TB and Indy.

NBA Junkie
12-01-2006, 04:26 PM
AFC- Patriots= When they don't beat themselves with turnovers, they're awfully hard to beat. I know this goes without saying, but if you look at their losses this season and the playoff loss in Denver last January, you'll know what I mean.

NFC- Seahawks= I saw what the Bears did to them in Chicago, but if they face the 'Hawks with Alexander and Hasselbeck, it's a different ballgame. I'm not sold on the Bears because of the erratic play of Rex Grossman. That, and the fact that the Bears have notoriously lost many playoff home games when they were favorites dating back to 1986.

johnsmith
12-01-2006, 04:35 PM
Two reasons why the Colts won't take the AFC- Peyton Manning and Tony Dungy.

Manning's problems in big games date back to his high school days. Dungy hasn't fared well as a postseason coach despite having strong teams in TB and Indy.

I think I still have the Patriots terrible performance against the Broncos back at the beginning of the season stuck in my head. They were just awful. Plus I'm sick of them being so good so I can't pick them.

Spurs rock
12-01-2006, 04:46 PM
Cowboys

stretch
12-01-2006, 04:59 PM
AFC- Patriots= When they don't beat themselves with turnovers, they're awfully hard to beat. I know this goes without saying, but if you look at their losses this season and the playoff loss in Denver last January, you'll know what I mean.

NFC- Seahawks= I saw what the Bears did to them in Chicago, but if they face the 'Hawks with Alexander and Hasselbeck, it's a different ballgame. I'm not sold on the Bears because of the erratic play of Rex Grossman. That, and the fact that the Bears have notoriously lost many playoff home games when they were favorites dating back to 1986.
SEAHAWKS? you gotta be shitting me... they dont stand a chance against Dallas, Chicago, or New Orleans. while i think Chicago is very overrated, i think the Seahawks are even more overrated. they would get murdered by any of these teams.

TheSanityAnnex
12-01-2006, 05:20 PM
whats streak of the Pats did they break? i know they stopped the colts from being undefeated. but i dont remember what they stopped the pats from doing.
The Pats had something like a 14 game home winning streak at Gillette. It was broken.

TheSanityAnnex
12-01-2006, 05:21 PM
I gotta agree about the Chargers always choking....

With a 90% increased chance of doing so with Marty the Ultimate Retread at the helm. When hasn't Martyball choked in the playoffs?When has Marty had a QB he can trust like Rivers? And Rivers has been winning big games his whole life.

Again, this Martyball shit is getting old. If Martyball were alive, the Chargers wouldn't be the highest scoring team in the NFL.

NBA Junkie
12-01-2006, 05:35 PM
SEAHAWKS? you gotta be shitting me... they dont stand a chance against Dallas, Chicago, or New Orleans. while i think Chicago is very overrated, i think the Seahawks are even more overrated. they would get murdered by any of these teams.

Of course, you were also bragging about how your Eagles were the cream of the NFC and look what happened to them!

Don't bother using McNabb's injury as an excuse since their slide started while he was still healthy.

I agree with the consensus that the NFC is wide open. But, let's remember that the Steelers were in the same boat as the Seahawks last season in that some of their key guys were injured, but stepped up their game after Roethlisberger came back. Remember how the critics wrote them off? All they did was bounce back and win the Super Bowl. This could very well repeat itself with the Seahawks. What's more is that the Hawks won't have to go through a series of tough playoff games against very strong teams like the Steelerss did to get it done.

NBA Junkie
12-01-2006, 05:42 PM
The Pats had something like a 14 game home winning streak at Gillette. It was broken.

Yep, it was an 18 game home winning streak that the Chargers snapped.

What I remember most about that game is how dominating the Chargers were in the second half of that game after it was tied at 17. I think they scored something like 24 unanswered to win that game handily.

I don't think I've seen the Pats get manhandled by a team so badly since Brady took over.

Ironically, it was also against the Chargers in '01-'02 where Brady first made a name for himself when he rallied the Patriots to an OT win in Foxboro.

K24
12-01-2006, 06:26 PM
AFC- San Diego Chargers

NFC- Who gives a fuck, they'll be dominated by the Chargers.

Hells Yeah

This is the year of the BOLT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1kingsfan
12-01-2006, 11:40 PM
49ers are gonna kick some ass next year.

Super Bowl Champs 07-08

Dirk Nowitzki
12-02-2006, 06:18 AM
People need to stop having orgasims on the fucking Patriots. Put those bitches in another division in the AFC and they dont even taste the playoffs. Wow they finally beat a true elite team in the past 2 years big fucking whoopie. Broncos/Colts/Chargers over the past 2 years BITCHSLAPPED them. Chargers/Broncos/Colts/Ravens>>>>>>>>>Pats. The pats are nowhere as good as they used to be but a shitty ass division continues to get them blow jobs. Lost too many key guys and they just simply arent that good. Wipe their cum off of your mouth and get back to fucking reality! :rolleyes

TheSanityAnnex
12-02-2006, 06:25 AM
Wipe their cum off of your mouth and get back to fucking reality! :rolleyes

Completely agree. Seriously.

Now tell me how Dirk's cum tastes?

stretch
12-02-2006, 10:04 AM
Of course, you were also bragging about how your Eagles were the cream of the NFC and look what happened to them!

Don't bother using McNabb's injury as an excuse since their slide started while he was still healthy.

I agree with the consensus that the NFC is wide open. But, let's remember that the Steelers were in the same boat as the Seahawks last season in that some of their key guys were injured, but stepped up their game after Roethlisberger came back. Remember how the critics wrote them off? All they did was bounce back and win the Super Bowl. This could very well repeat itself with the Seahawks. What's more is that the Hawks won't have to go through a series of tough playoff games against very strong teams like the Steelerss did to get it done.
teams can slide a bit during a season, and still come back. look at the Raiders a few years ago. they started 4-0. then they lost 4 straight, putting them at 4-4. but then they went on a big run, finished 11-5, and went to the Super Bowl. after the bye week, the Eagles definitely looked more focused, and beat the shit out of the Redskins. then McNabb got hurt early in the next game, basically ending the season for the Eagles. if they still had McNabb, I think they would still be a playoff team, possibly even a SB contender, because of how weak the NFC is.

the Seahawks look very average so far this season. Hasselbeck looks like his usual self, throwing all kinds of dumb throws at dumb times, like he always has. and they have no chance against the Cowboys (depending on how Romo plays). the Cowboys absolutely have more talent than any team in the league. but for them, its all about how Romo responds to pressure. if he can handle the pressure of the playoffs, i dont think anyone can beat them.

just mark my words. Seattle will not be in the Superbowl.

kskonn
12-02-2006, 10:17 AM
teams can slide a bit during a season, and still come back. look at the Raiders a few years ago. they started 4-0. then they lost 4 straight, putting them at 4-4. but then they went on a big run, finished 11-5, and went to the Super Bowl. after the bye week, the Eagles definitely looked more focused, and beat the shit out of the Redskins. then McNabb got hurt early in the next game, basically ending the season for the Eagles. if they still had McNabb, I think they would still be a playoff team, possibly even a SB contender, because of how weak the NFC is.

the Seahawks look very average so far this season. Hasselbeck looks like his usual self, throwing all kinds of dumb throws at dumb times, like he always has. and they have no chance against the Cowboys (depending on how Romo plays). the Cowboys absolutely have more talent than any team in the league. but for them, its all about how Romo responds to pressure. if he can handle the pressure of the playoffs, i dont think anyone can beat them.

just mark my words. Seattle will not be in the Superbowl.

I completely agree, and I do believe we find out how romo handles the pressure of a big game in which they are not the underdog(ala colts) against the Giants this sunday. He will be playing in a hostile enviroment that is quite possibly one of the toughest places for a quaterback to play because of the wind gusts etc.....

I would also like to add that another factor to the cowboys is their defense continuing its dominating play of late. If they keep playing like that they will be very very tough to beat if the offense just plays mediocre. If the offense plays well then I do not believe anyone in the NFC can compete with them. I also think that they will be able to compete with anyone in the AFC if their defense maintains its high level of play.

StylisticS
12-02-2006, 07:30 PM
What bothers me about Seattle is their defense. They can have all the Alexanders and Hassellback's they want. If they can't stop anybody, they won't win shit.

And until Marty shows he can do the necessary things to win in the playoffs, I will continue to doubt him, period. Many around the NFL will as well. Same situation as Roy Williams of UNC. He shut everybody up with his championship in 2005. Marty needs to do the same. So you may be tired of the Martyball thing, but it's a living fact that has been with him since his Kansas City days.

TheSanityAnnex
12-02-2006, 08:07 PM
You do realize Marty hasn't been calling the plays this year right? Cam Cameron has been running the offense exclusively.

dallaskd
12-02-2006, 08:09 PM
Ravens vs Cowboys in the Super Bowl. DEFENSE wins championships.

StylisticS
12-04-2006, 01:43 PM
You do realize Marty hasn't been calling the plays this year right? Cam Cameron has been running the offense exclusively.

Fine then. A team LED by Marty Schottenheimer will need to GET to the superbowl before anybody stops labeling him as the coach that does not get to the top. Sorry, just the way it is until proven otherwise.

spursRgay
12-04-2006, 01:50 PM
cowboys over chargers...martyball comes back in the super bowl

johnsmith
12-04-2006, 02:39 PM
I'd like to change my nomination:

AFC: Chargers

NFC: Still doesn't matter.

tlongII
12-04-2006, 02:56 PM
Seahawks

TheSanityAnnex
12-04-2006, 03:25 PM

You've seen the light!

TheSanityAnnex
12-04-2006, 03:26 PM
The Bears seemed to be a lock for the NFC a month ago, but Grossman's disgusting play over the last few weeks is laughable. He fucking sucks and would be dominated by many AFC teams.

Fillmoe
12-04-2006, 03:37 PM
bears if they could get a good qb

Dirk Nowitzki
12-04-2006, 03:39 PM
Can the Chargers beat a physically and mentally tough Indy team? An Indy team that is led by a CLUTCH Experienced QB in Peyton Manning especially when facing a 3-4 D! An Indy team who is led by a legendary coach in Tony Dungy? Good luck coming into the Dome and getting a win. That Colts D is going to shut down LT and hold him under 50 yards rushing! Chargers have work to do. :drunk :drunk

TheSanityAnnex
12-04-2006, 03:41 PM
Can the Chargers beat a physically and mentally tough Indy team? An Indy team that is led by a CLUTCH Experienced QB in Peyton Manning especially when facing a 3-4 D! An Indy team who is led by a legendary coach in Tony Dungy? Good luck coming into the Dome and getting a win. That Colts D is going to shut down LT and hold him under 50 yards rushing! Chargers have work to do. :drunk :drunk

:lmao

greywheel
12-04-2006, 05:30 PM
When has Marty had a QB he can trust like Rivers?

1993 - Joe Montana (http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.jsp?player_id=154)
Not meant as smack. Just answering the question.

kskonn
12-04-2006, 06:35 PM
The Bears seemed to be a lock for the NFC a month ago, but Grossman's disgusting play over the last few weeks is laughable. He fucking sucks and would be dominated by many AFC teams.

I think the Bears could get beat buy a couple of NFC teams at this point. With Rex playing so poorly I think the Cowboys and Seahawks could beat them, perhaps even New Orleans.

RealEstateDude
12-04-2006, 08:23 PM
I think the Bears could get beat buy a couple of NFC teams at this point. With Rex playing so poorly I think the Cowboys and Seahawks could beat them, perhaps even New Orleans.

werd
:hat

TheSanityAnnex
12-05-2006, 05:14 PM
1993 - Joe Montana (http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.jsp?player_id=154)
Not meant as smack. Just answering the question.
And what year did Montana retire?

johnsmith
12-05-2006, 05:18 PM
Sanity, you seem like a good guy, we would probably be friends if we were to meet in person. Having said that, seeing you this happy in regards to what it is you're happy about, makes me sick.

TheSanityAnnex
12-05-2006, 05:20 PM
Sanity, you seem like a good guy, we would probably be friends if we were to meet in person. Having said that, seeing you this happy in regards to what it is you're happy about, makes me sick.
I'm only really happy that Rivers proved the entire media world wrong. I'm not surprised at the success the Chargers are having, I am surprised at some of the Broncos decisions.

johnsmith
12-05-2006, 05:22 PM
I'm only really happy that Rivers proved the entire media world wrong. I'm not surprised at the success the Chargers are having, I am surprised at some of the Broncos decisions.

I'm not surprised about the Chargers either, they have been improving over the last couple of years and it was obvious that they would eventually figure out how to finish games.

I'm also not surprised with the move(s) the Broncos have made, it was a long time coming.

I am surprised however that the Broncos have fallen off so quickly when their season seemed so promising. That makes me sad, bitter, and angry.

Fillmoe
12-05-2006, 09:25 PM
chargers are prolly juicing up right now as we speak

StylisticS
12-06-2006, 04:10 PM

AL: Tigers, White Sox, Yankees
NL: Doesn't matter
right?

johnsmith
12-06-2006, 04:16 PM
right?

That's a good point. Although I still think the NFC is irrelevant, that's still a good point.

tlongII
12-06-2006, 04:19 PM
Seahawks

TheSanityAnnex
12-06-2006, 04:26 PM
right?

Point taken.

But I'm a Charger fan so I'm allowed to be completely and utterly biased.

BeerIsGood!
12-06-2006, 05:11 PM
The Bears and Cowboys are fully capable of beating any AFC team on any given day. I don't think the AFC wins the Super Bowl this year. No seven game series here - just one game on one day.

Condemned 2 HelLA
12-06-2006, 11:04 PM

Is that the same Colt matador run defense that came up so huge against the Titans the other day?
That one?
Can't wait to see either Fred Taylor or Maurice Drew have career days against them this weekend!

Slinkyman
12-06-2006, 11:12 PM
When has Marty had a QB he can trust like Rivers?
Bernie Kosar

Fillmoe
12-06-2006, 11:38 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/insideout/northwest/series5/i/steroids_200.jpg

chargers are after sharing this in the locker room

DirkAB
12-07-2006, 12:16 AM
AFC: Chargers and Ravens. Colts will choke in the playoffs as usual. Chargers make the superbowl.

NFC: Bears and Cowboys. Cowboys will make the superbowl.

T Park
12-07-2006, 12:37 AM
Chargers VS Cowboys in the superbowl.

Cowboys in a shootout 52 44.

mookie2001
12-07-2006, 12:41 AM
I don't think the cowboys will make the superbowl

mookie2001
12-07-2006, 12:42 AM
big game sunday for the titans though

Sense
12-07-2006, 02:34 AM
AFC-Colts
NFC-Cowboys

Cowboys win Superbowl..

oh..... and the chargers suck.

TheSanityAnnex
12-07-2006, 02:52 AM
AFC-Colts
NFC-Cowboys

Cowboys win Superbowl..

oh..... and the chargers suck.

10-2 = 10-2

But who's hot at the right time?

greenroom
12-07-2006, 08:45 PM
Well since we are talking today. Although this could change after this week as the NFL is pretty much as up and down as it can be.

AFC- San Diego.. They would beat INDY as INDY does not play the 3-4 well. But I would like to see who pulls out the homefield for the playoffs to see how that plays out.
NFC- Chicago.. They will be home and if they get ANYTHING from Grossman they will be almost unbeatable.