PDA

View Full Version : Trade Ginobili!

Pages : [1] 2

SequSpur
12-01-2006, 01:57 PM
Dude hasn't done shit this year. He had one flash and now he's out. Dude is not an allstar. He belongs on the Grant Hill poster child list.

When are you all going to quit wacking off to this guy and see the light?

Dude is the reason why the Spurs lose and the exact reason why they didn't win last year.

Begone!

zero signal
12-01-2006, 02:02 PM
*finds a good seat* :corn:

clambake
12-01-2006, 02:06 PM
Trade to who for what in return?

Medvedenko
12-01-2006, 02:06 PM
I agree...the money they are paying him far exceeds his return. Now, he's an incredible player yes...

SilverPlayer
12-01-2006, 02:08 PM
Rumor has it Gasol is available. Gino +Elson +fillers might work.

/Just throwing it out there.

LEONARD
12-01-2006, 02:08 PM
Manu for JHo? Don't think so...

SequSpur
12-01-2006, 02:10 PM

That's a decent idea.

Medvedenko
Shit...I though Manu was better than Kobe...and the best SG in the NBA. Oh, how times have changed. My earlier comment was purely to talk trash, and guess what, no one defends Manu. Honestly, I think Manu is the X Factor on the spurs that can win you games more than TP or TD, however he also can lose you games to the same effect.

polandprzem
We are fucked !!1

Big time. Nobody wants Ginobili so we stucked with him.

Mr. Body
12-01-2006, 02:11 PM
This thread is all kinds of suck.

SequSpur
12-01-2006, 02:11 PM
I agree...the money they are paying him far exceeds his return. Now, he's an incredible player yes...

Another example of the Spurs overpaying a player for the past instead of the future of the franchise.

They paid Avery 8 million for one year. They aren't that bright.

SequSpur
12-01-2006, 02:12 PM
We are fucked !!1

Big time. Nobody wants Ginobili so we stucked with him.

True.

Ginobili!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is the most overrated player in the NBA. Just because Barkley yells his name.

2centsworth
12-01-2006, 02:17 PM
Dude is the reason why the Spurs lose and the exact reason why they didn't win last year.
Spurs lost last year because they couldn't hit last second shots to finish off games..cough Tim Duncan.

Is it a coincidence the spurs are losing with Ginobillio hurt? I think not. Nevertheless, I can't believe the incredible amount of hate Manu gets from hardcore spurs fans so I wish they would trade him. I guarantee the team they trade him to will be instant contenders and the spurs will go back to the weak '01 type of team.

polandprzem
12-01-2006, 02:18 PM
True.

Ginobili!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is the most overrated player in the NBA. Just because Barkley yells his name.

Yeah even that fat TNT jurnalist is playing better I think.

SequSpur
12-01-2006, 02:20 PM
I guarantee the team they trade him to will be instant contenders.

BS. They will dream and wack off just like most of you here. Dude plays in about 50% of the games and 30% of those games he doesn't do jack.

So basically he is good about 6 games a season, 2 games in the playoffs. Yeah, that's a contender isn't it....

2centsworth
12-01-2006, 02:21 PM
BS. They will dream and wack off just like most of you here. Dude plays in about 50% of the games and 30% of those games he doesn't do jack.

So basically he is good about 6 games a season, 2 games in the playoffs. Yeah, that's a contender isn't it....he's good in crunch time so that's why he has the ball 90% of the times down the stretch.

Before Manu and Tony the Spurs sucked, but like I said you're in the majority on this board so I hope Manu is traded to see the majority cry. Wouldn't this board be great with 100% more Dallas Trolls.

polandprzem
12-01-2006, 02:23 PM
he's good in crunch time so that's why he has the ball 90% of the times down the stretch.

Before Manu and Tony the Spurs sucked, but like I said you're in the majority on this board so I hope Manu is traded to so the majority cry.

JamStone
12-01-2006, 02:24 PM
For RAY ALLEN!

:spin :spin :spin
:downspin: :downspin: :downspin:
:hungry: :hungry: :hungry:
:lol :lol :lol

2centsworth
12-01-2006, 02:25 PM
1999That team was awesome but way gone and the * was tormenting this city. No to mention the drubbings from the Lakers. Tony and Manu turned it around and we beat the Lakers and made Kobe cry.

Kobe's words "the spurs are more athletic". The old saps on the team is what's dragging the spurs down now.

clambake
12-01-2006, 02:25 PM
This discussion is a joke, right? Trade Manu? Serious?

Medvedenko
12-01-2006, 02:27 PM
Sad...no one defending Manu...where are the Church of Manu acolytes....

2centsworth
12-01-2006, 02:28 PM
This discussion is a joke, right? Trade Manu? Serious?
Majority of people on this site don't give Manu the respect he deserves. The guy is the best crunch time player the spurs have.

xamila rey
12-01-2006, 02:29 PM
Sequ likes to do this,
i dont think he is serious about it
are u?

Bruno
12-01-2006, 02:29 PM
Nevertheless, I can't believe the incredible amount of hate Manu gets from hardcore spurs fans.

:lol
Are you serious ?

Texas_Ranger
12-01-2006, 02:30 PM
Rumor has it Gasol is available. Gino +Elson

Manu & Elson for Gasol.:lol

OK, Pau can play on PF position and Tim on center, but who will be our bench center. Butler perhaps? He sucks. Only if Timmy or Pau will play 48 min. per game then everything is OK.
One more question. Who will play on SG. Finley? He sucks this season to. And who will replace Finley?

For me that team would not be good.

2centsworth
12-01-2006, 02:30 PM
Are you serious ?
yup. On this site Manu gets a lot of hate for some reason. Maybe the Argentinians get on everyone's nerves?

SequSpur
12-01-2006, 02:33 PM
he's good in crunch time so that's why he has the ball 90% of the times down the stretch.

Bullshit.

polandprzem
Manu done nothing for the spurs and talking about crunch vs Sacto where he lost the ball and spurs lost and fould Dirk in game 7 of the NBA Finals.

manu :pctoss

Bruno
yup. On this site Manu gets a lot of hate for some reason. Maybe the Argentinians get on everyone's nerves?

Disagree.
Manu is one of the most loved Spurs on this board.
There should have something like 2 or 3 Manu haters at most on this baord.
On the other end, there are tons of Parker haters.

Bruno
12-01-2006, 02:37 PM
BTW, this thread is stupid.

clambake
12-01-2006, 02:38 PM
Parker haters too huh? Some of you guys are spoiled. Could you imagine this team without Manu and Tony?

polandprzem
12-01-2006, 02:38 PM

Kind of :drunk

Most threads in here are stupid. And who is starting them?

bus driver
12-01-2006, 02:39 PM
NO reason to jump off the bus....I am revoking your bus pass!
Go Spurs Go

bdictjames
12-01-2006, 02:40 PM
The only person I want to trade is Finley

Texas_Ranger
12-01-2006, 02:42 PM

Totally agree.

I hate this kind of threads.:madrun

smeagol
12-01-2006, 02:42 PM
True.

And the poster who started it is not very bright either.

BigVee
12-01-2006, 02:46 PM
Most on this board would defend Manu, it is just that we have learned to ignore the incredibly idiotic fair weather fan who calls himself sequspur. It is obvious to most he doesn't know one thing about basketball. Or, he does this to stir people up...either way fuck him.

polandprzem
12-01-2006, 02:47 PM
True.

And the poster who started it is not very bright either.

And all smart users are here to remind that.
Just to post
:spam:

Texas_Ranger
12-01-2006, 02:47 PM
If someone thinks that Tony Parker is the best player in NBA, then something must be wrong with that person. :ihit

SequSpur
12-01-2006, 02:50 PM
You see, it didn't take long before the Manu love posters to come out.

Anybody that understands winning can clearly see Manu is overpaid and overrated.

smeagol
12-01-2006, 02:55 PM

Anybody that understands winning can clearly see Manu is overpaid and overrated.
And it doesn't take long for the Manu haters to spew idiotic statements about Manu being overpaid.

Please, show this forum the extent of your stupidity by saying that Manu is a loser and that he had nothing to do with the '05 Championship.

bdictjames
12-01-2006, 02:55 PM
WOW.. considering we have a 1-3 record with him injured.. damn Manu heal that freaking back of yours this instant!!!

smeagol
12-01-2006, 02:57 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol

You are joking, right?

SequSpur
12-01-2006, 02:59 PM
Please, show this forum the extent of your stupidity by saying that Manu is a loser and that he had nothing to do with the '05 Championship.

And?

Viva Las Espuelas
12-01-2006, 02:59 PM
Manu for JHo? Don't think so...we dont need thugs on our team. don't want one.

smeagol
12-01-2006, 03:04 PM
And?
Are you agreeing with the statement I made?

texas84
12-01-2006, 03:15 PM
If Ginobili hadn't fouled Dirk in Game 7 and his 3 pointer had ended up being the shot that saved the Spurs season, would this thread exist right now??

texas84
12-01-2006, 03:17 PM
we dont need thugs on our team. don't want one.

Yah, yall already have Bowen. Don't need another thug.

Texas_Ranger
12-01-2006, 03:17 PM
If Ginobili hadn't fouled Dirk in Game 7 and his 3 pointer had ended up being the shot that saved the Spurs season, would this thread exist right now??

If he would not do that, then Manu would be the best, but now he is the worst, that is what some of you think.

The Truth #6
12-01-2006, 03:20 PM
A giant contract? Hardly. If anything it was under market value when he signed it. He was the main reason the Spurs got through the 2005 playoffs and won a title. Sure, it would be great if wasn't as injured but that goes with the way he plays. He's sandbagging until the playoffs so he'll have some energy. Deal with it.

People who want to trade him for Gasol are basically retarded. Yeah, that's our big weakness - Power Forward.

Texas_Ranger
12-01-2006, 03:21 PM
People who want to trade him for Gasol are basically retarded.

Funny but true.

texas84
12-01-2006, 03:30 PM
No way the Grizz trade Gasol for Elson, Ginobili, and spare change. You don't trade big for small, especially young big for older small. If it did happen tho, you'd have an extremely dominant frontline on the boards and low post but a huge speed and defensive liability on the court with him and Duncan.

Dirk Nowitzki
12-01-2006, 03:31 PM
:fro No keep Manu. The Mavs could use a 6th man and so far Manu/Pop are taking turns on that position.

phxspurfan
12-01-2006, 03:33 PM

Manu is a winner. period. Everybody says it. He has won wherever he has gone. Take him away from the Spurs and you are :

a. dealing a major blow to the team's collective killer instict and ability to execute down the strech (intangible)
b. eliminating a lot of the allure that the Spurs have now for FAs (a whole country is behind this guy. this makes good players want to come here more, despite the fact that we are a small market team)
c. getting rid of a bona fide clutch shooter
d. ripping part of the heart and soul from the team (a la malik rose trade).

Trading Manu = Pistons letting Ben Wallace go. He may not be our best stats guy at this point, but he is the Spurs. :fro

ATX Spur
12-01-2006, 03:33 PM
Don't feed the trolls.

kskonn
12-01-2006, 03:40 PM
Manu is a winner. period. Everybody says it. He has won wherever he has gone. Take him away from the Spurs and you are :

a. dealing a major blow to the team's collective killer instict and ability to execute down the strech (intangible)
b. eliminating a lot of the allure that the Spurs have now for FAs (a whole country is behind this guy. this makes good players want to come here more, despite the fact that we are a small market team)

Trading Manu = Pistons letting Ben Wallace go. He may not be our best stats guy at this point, but he is the Spurs. :fro

I agree with most of this post. The only thing I don't agree with is comparing Manu to Rose. We traded the "heart and sould" and went on to win the championship? I would say that would be evidence that he was not the heart and sould of this team.

Ginobli would be a much larger blow to the moral of the team if he was traded than Malik was.

LEONARD
12-01-2006, 04:01 PM
we dont need thugs on our team. don't want one.

LOL...Spurs fans would welcome JHo with open arms if he went to the Spurs... :lol

Shaolin-Style
12-01-2006, 04:08 PM
I was thinking about this after he got injured yet again.

Seeing games without him though...forget it, he's too valuable to this team, even if he gets injured every other month.

phxspurfan
12-01-2006, 04:11 PM
Without Manu, we would not have one in 2005. If he is half of that player, we will win our 4th ring. The only player I would trade for Manu is someone like Ray Allen or Michael Redd.

Michael Redd is money. I'll give you that. Ray Allen is a cancer.

Kori Ellis
12-01-2006, 04:14 PM
This thread sucks.

SequSpur
12-01-2006, 04:19 PM
This thread sucks.

Yeah, reality sucks... Manu is overrated and overpayed and should be traded.

midgetonadonkey
12-01-2006, 04:22 PM
I agree. They should trade him now that he would still have some value on the market. In 3 years his game will gone and we will be stuck with his contract.

SequSpur
12-01-2006, 04:24 PM
I agree. They should trade him now that he would still have some value on the market. In 3 years his game will gone and we will be stuck with his contract.

Another good point. Keep em coming.

Another note... on a team without a dominant player, he would be Derrick Anderson.

ShoogarBear
12-01-2006, 04:27 PM
:fro No keep Manu. The Mavs could use a 6th man and so far Manu/Pop are taking turns on that position.Okay, this was actually funny. :lol

vanvannen
12-01-2006, 04:33 PM
I say trade him for Ray Ray's used underwear. After he's gone, we should torch his house and kill his family.
He's been since the beginning a disgrace for the silver & black. :rolleyes

smeagol
12-01-2006, 04:39 PM
Come to think about it, if Sequ, that brilliant baskertball mind, says we should trade Manu, Manu should be gone.

wildbill2u
12-01-2006, 04:41 PM
Over the hill? Overrated? Doesn't anyone remember just a few days ago when he personally dismantled Portland with steals, rebounds, points, assists, --and selling popcorn in the stands-- in the 4th quarter?

midgetonadonkey
12-01-2006, 04:42 PM
Over the hill? Overrated? Doesn't anyone remember just a few days ago when he personally dismantled Portland with steals, rebounds, points, assists, --and selling popcorn in the stands-- in the 4th quarter?

Yeah but what has he done lately?

SequSpur
12-01-2006, 04:44 PM

Portland.

SequSpur
12-01-2006, 04:52 PM
So what would Manu be worth? Would anybody even want him? dude is erratic, injured all the time, but sometimes awesome...

Outside of San Antonio, who would want this inconsistency with a possible upside which is doubtful?

tim_duncan_fan
12-01-2006, 04:59 PM
No one is going to trade us anyone of any real value for ginobili so this thread is pointless.

Bob Lanier
12-01-2006, 04:59 PM
It would probably be better for all parties concerned if Ginobili returned to the Euroleague and the Spurs spent their cap space on a free agent like Vince Carter.

For RAY ALLEN!
:lmao

phxspurfan
12-01-2006, 05:00 PM
manu for moochie norris.

SequSpur
12-01-2006, 05:00 PM
It would probably be better for all parties concerned if Ginobili returned to the Euroleague and the Spurs spent their cap space on a free agent like Vince Carter.

:wakeup

duncanchick21
12-01-2006, 05:01 PM
just give manu sometime to heal. sequspur you will eat your words come playoff time!!!

ShoogarBear
12-01-2006, 05:05 PM
Noobs. Come playoff time Sequ will be the #1 shit-talking Spurs-All-The-Way booster.

Until they lose their first playoff game.

phxspurfan
12-01-2006, 05:07 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54259

Bruno
12-01-2006, 05:16 PM
dude is erratic, injured all the time, but sometimes awesome...

Even if Spurs shouldn't trade him and Manu is far from being overpaid, I had to admit that I quite agree with Sequ about that.

Since his great year in 04-05, manu has been quite a disapointment.He has had few good/great games but a lot of very average/bad ones.

- Sometimes he was injured and didn't play. Some injuries weren't just bad luck, as an example the last one is due to his flopping style.
- Sometimes he wasn't in the rythm because he came back from an injury or because he played with a little injury.
- Sometimes he was tired and lack some energy like during b2b last year;
- Sometimes his defender was in his head like Artest and to a lesser extent Bell.
- Sometimes he wasn't in the game because he thought at some previous mistakes.
- Sometimes his shot was off ....

I still like manu, he is great player but the truth is that he is for the moment far from being a consistent player who help Spurs for each games.

I'm really worried about Manu. I wonder if he is still able to be good/great during 25 games (the length of the playoffs) or if he is can only be great during some random games and be average during the others.

phxspurfan
12-01-2006, 05:23 PM
the only thing that can stop Manu from being great is himself. He will bounce back because he has the will to bounce back.

MmP
12-01-2006, 05:33 PM
This thread is more like: "I want to convince everyone that Manu isn't that great player". The guy just bashes everyone who defend Manu.

diego
12-01-2006, 05:47 PM
Even if Spurs shouldn't trade him and Manu is far from being overpaid, I had to admit that I quite agree with Sequ about that.

Since his great year in 04-05, manu has been quite a disapointment.He has had few good/great games but a lot of very average/bad ones.

- Sometimes he was injured and didn't play. Some injuries weren't just bad luck, as an example the last one is due to his flopping style.
- Sometimes he wasn't in the rythm because he came back from an injury or because he played with a little injury.
- Sometimes he was tired and lack some energy like during b2b last year;
- Sometimes his defender was in his head like Artest and to a lesser extent Bell.
- Sometimes he wasn't in the game because he thought at some previous mistakes.

I still like manu, he is great player but the truth is that he is for the moment far from being a consistent player who help Spurs for each games.

I'm really worried about Manu. I wonder if he is still able to be good/great during 25 games (the length of the playoffs) or if he is can only be great during some random games and be average during the others.

bruno, i respect your bball knowledge, but its not like your boy parker is a model of consistency. aside from the injuries, you could say the same things about duncan (shot being off, defenders/mistakes in his head, tired on b2bs/ even the past 2 seasons duncan has been injured as well). want to trade him too?

and do you really think he got injured because of his "flopping style"? because i saw a determined player trying to recover a ball that was going to the other 2 mavs who had position on him.

manu was underpaid, as his production tails off with his health it wont continue to be like that but really the only way the spurs get another above average shooting guard under market price is by drafting him.

anyways this is obviously bait for the manu groupies, so please carry on feeding sequ- he needs all the stimulation he can get if hes ever to grow tall enough to lick tony's balls without a stool.

dg7md
12-01-2006, 05:49 PM
He'll get his act together in the playoffs I'm sure, he's a really smart player and that's what a team like the Spurs need on their roster, experience and poise. Although Gasol would be a great, great choice I doubt he goes anywhere.

K24
12-01-2006, 05:59 PM
bruno, i respect your bball knowledge, but its not like your boy parker is a model of consistency. aside from the injuries, you could say the same things about duncan (shot being off, defenders/mistakes in his head, tired on b2bs/ even the past 2 seasons duncan has been injured as well). want to trade him too?

and do you really think he got injured because of his "flopping style"? because i saw a determined player trying to recover a ball that was going to the other 2 mavs who had position on him.

manu was underpaid, as his production tails off with his health it wont continue to be like that but really the only way the spurs get another above average shooting guard under market price is by drafting him.

anyways this is obviously bait for the manu groupies, so please carry on feeding sequ- he needs all the stimulation he can get if hes ever to grow tall enough to lick tony's balls without a stool.

Good Point

smeagol
12-01-2006, 06:01 PM
People now cannot appreciate Manu's aggressivness and say he is injured because he flops????!!!!!!

That's fresh.

Bruno
12-01-2006, 06:08 PM
bruno, i respect your bball knowledge, but its not like your boy parker is a model of consistency.

Thanks but : "your boy parker" : :wtf
This thread has nothing to do with Parker and Parker has been Spurs most consistent player last year.

aside from the injuries, you could say the same things about duncan (shot being off, defenders/mistakes in his head, tired on b2bs/ even the past 2 seasons duncan has been injured as well). want to trade him too?

RIF : I've said in my previous post "Spurs shouldn't trade him"
The difference between Duncan and Ginobili is that Duncan was clear : sprained ankle and a PF. Now it's finished and he is back at his previous level. My concern about manu is that it's a lot of different little things and I wonder if his troubles will finish one day.

The injury against Mavs was clearly a result of his crazy/flopping style.

PM5K
12-01-2006, 06:10 PM
It really has been far to long since Manu has played consistently well....

Interestingly his numbers aren't that far off from when he was an All-Star, I guess the problem for me is that I actually expected more, not less...

K24
12-01-2006, 06:10 PM
There are few NBA players that play with passion and MANU is one of them. You just don’t trade that up because he has been hurt a couple of Games. The passion he brings to the court is priceless.

Bruno
12-01-2006, 06:12 PM
People now cannot appreciate Manu's aggressivness and say he is injured because he flops????!!!!!!

That's fresh.

RIF.
I've never said that I don't appreciate Manu's aggressivness but you are blind if you don't see that Manu's style creates more tears and injuries to his body.
If Spurs' staff asked him to take more jumpshot, there is a reason.

T Park
12-01-2006, 06:18 PM
I can't believe you guys have made a 4 page deal out of this little boy's attention wanting rant.

K24
12-01-2006, 06:19 PM
RIF.
I've never said that I don't appreciate Manu's aggressivness but you are blind if you don't see that Manu's style creates more tears and injuries to his body.
If Spurs' staff asked him to take more jumpshot, there is a reason.

The reason MANU is so good and fun to watch is because he is MANU. Asking him to change his game would be a crime.

3rdCoast
12-01-2006, 06:20 PM
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/4485/pandacheckjk2.gif

Bruno
12-01-2006, 06:25 PM
The reason MANU is so good and fun to watch is because he is MANU. Asking him to change his game would be a crime.

It's not me who ask him to change his style but Spurs' staff.

K24
12-01-2006, 06:29 PM
It's not me who ask him to change his style but Spurs' staff.

My Bad.

diego
12-01-2006, 06:34 PM
Thanks but : "your boy parker" : :wtf
This thread has nothing to do with Parker and Parker has been Spurs most consistent player last year.

RIF : I've said in my previous post "Spurs shouldn't trade him"
The difference between Duncan and Ginobili is that Duncan was clear : sprained ankle and a PF. Now it's finished and he is back at his previous level. My concern about manu is that it's a lot of different little things and I wonder if his troubles will finish one day.

The injury against Mavs was clearly a result of his crazy/flopping style.

Parker, Ginobili, Duncan. the big three, with the ball and in Holt's wallet. the things you said about manu you could have said about all of them. only duncan has proven to be more reliable and effective. so parker was consistent, last season, too bad he couldnt keep it up in the playoffs. We still dont know if tony can dribble this season, although his shot looks nicer. Parker is younger and has more upside, that i wont argue. but he still has a lot to improve. I dont think the spurs could do better than manu at SG without spending more. and thats what the discussion is about, business. all of the better options make way more than manu. you prefer finley to start? the FO is forced to find another diamond in the rough, all we can do is pray manu gives them time to find someone

spurschick
12-01-2006, 06:41 PM
SWEET! A trade Manu thread! It's officially Spurs season!

Bruno
12-01-2006, 06:48 PM

Please re-read what I've written.

My first post started with "Spurs shouldn't trade Manu".

I've never said that Manu should be traded. Trading him is stupid.

I'm just saying that I'm worried about Manu.

wildbill2u
12-01-2006, 06:50 PM
The new defensive rules seem hand made for Manu's style. No hand-checking out on the perimiter?

With his unorthodox moves, he's gonna be extremely hard to stop on his drives to the basket. That's what we haven't seen a whole lot of this year because he's been shooting the pull-up jumper.

I expect to see him among the leaders in FTs made this year.

danyel
12-01-2006, 06:56 PM
From the creators of "Giricek > Ginobili" "Ginobili is the worst SG in the league"

Trade Manu

Don't miss it...

PS: Hand over your XS Ginobili tshirt Sequ...

cornbread
12-01-2006, 07:21 PM
I'm not ready to give up on Ginobili yet. I believe he'll be a hero again this season.

v2freak
12-01-2006, 07:28 PM
Spurs lost last year because they couldn't hit last second shots to finish off games..cough Tim Duncan.

Is it a coincidence the spurs are losing with Ginobillio hurt? I think not. Nevertheless, I can't believe the incredible amount of hate Manu gets from hardcore spurs fans so I wish they would trade him. I guarantee the team they trade him to will be instant contenders and the spurs will go back to the weak '01 type of team.

I think you're forgetting something

MaNuMaNiAc
12-01-2006, 08:20 PM

Since his great year in 04-05, manu has been quite a disapointment. give me a fucking break! a disappointment?? how was Manu a disappointment last season?? He played his heart out, and truth be told that last foul of his was disappointing but we wouldn't have been in a position to win that game if it wasn't for him either.

He has had few good/great games but a lot of very average/bad ones.Please! Last season his good games most definately outnumbered his bad ones, I don't know what the hell you're talking about. You make it seem as though Manu fucked around all last season and came up with just a few good games and thats it. That's bullshit and you know it.

- Sometimes he was injured and didn't play. Some injuries weren't just bad luck, as an example the last one is due to his flopping style.I agree the dude injures himself more than the average player because of the way he plays, but this last injury clearly wasn't because of his flopping

- Sometimes he was tired and lack some energy like during b2b last year;Are you serious?? which Spurs player doesn't?? well... maybe Bowen, but the rest suck at back to backs.

- Sometimes his defender was in his head like Artest and to a lesser extent Bell.aah, yes, because Artest has never shut anyone else down, this is a Manu thing right? Give me a break! Artest is one of the premier defenders in this league, and although I agree to some extent that Manu seemed completely shut down by him during some games, I think we can cut him some slack for that, don't you?

I'm not even going to bother with that one :lol

I still like manu, he is great player but the truth is that he is for the moment far from being a consistent player who help Spurs for each games.dude may not score like he used to, but "far from being a consistant player who helps Spurs for each games"?? WTF have you been smoking son?? I dare you to find another spur that can do more for the spurs when having an off night on shooting.

I'm really worried about Manu. I wonder if he is still able to be good/great during 25 games (the length of the playoffs) or if he is can only be great during some random games and be average during the others.Let me ask you something, was Tony great during the entire playoffs last season? was Tim? now I admit Manu is definately not the player he was during the 2004-2005 season, but again you're talking as if Manu is more of a hindrance to our championship aspirations than he is an asset.
This post clears a few things up http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif Sequ was just being his old trolling self, and I'm sure he'll be back hanging from Manu's balls during this years playoffs, you on the other hand...

P.S. Just FYI sugar coating bashing doesn't mean it isn't still just that bro

SequSpur
12-01-2006, 09:06 PM
I'm not ready to give up on Ginobili yet. I believe he'll be a hero again this season.

Now this should be the Spurs slogan this year.... I mean this is the Manunobili fan's motto.

Pay somebody because he "may" be a hero again...

Well wtf is a hero in a basketball game?

This is all about the W. That's right, fucking winning. You can't help the W, if you are hurt or you're making stupid decisions.

And yes, that was typical Manu flopping.

Again, keep on wacking Manu fans. That is what you do best. Wacking off to hope.

I ain't hoping for shit. I am ready for this management team to wake the fuck up and do something with this roster before they become the Twolves.

And yes Finley is old and washed up, but that is another topic also.

midgetonadonkey
12-01-2006, 09:12 PM
I say we trade him.

Dirk Nowitzki
12-01-2006, 09:15 PM
As for Manu for Josh Howard no thanks. However If we are unable to land a stud like Chris Webber, I might be open of talks on Stackhouse for Manu! :drunk :drunk

Leetonidas
12-01-2006, 09:22 PM
As for Manu for Josh Howard no thanks. However If we are unable to land a stud like Chris Webber, I might be open of talks on Stackhouse for Manu! :drunk :drunk
Dude, get off Chris Webber's dick already. He fucking sucks ass.

Bruno
12-01-2006, 09:23 PM
give me a fucking break! a disappointment?? how was Manu a disappointment last season?? He played his heart out, and truth be told that last foul of his was disappointing but we wouldn't have been in a position to win that game if it wasn't for him either.

Give me a fucking break!
Manu has spend the whole season last year at searching his play.

Please! Last season his good games most definately outnumbered his bad ones, I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Please, look at last season more closely and you will see what I say.

Are you serious?? which Spurs player doesn't?? well... maybe Bowen, but the rest suck at back to backs

Duncan had a specific injury that haven't allowed him to play well during b2b.
Don't forget that Pop wanted to sit down Manu for b2b because of his lack of energy.

aah, yes, because Artest has never shut anyone else down, this is a Manu thing right? Give me a break! Artest is one of the premier defenders in this league, and although I agree to some extent that Manu seemed completely shut down by him during some games, I think we can cut him some slack for that, don't you?

Give me a break!
RIF : Being shut down isn't the same thing than being in the head of someone.
I have no problem with a player shut down, but a player who doubt and lost his confidence because he is shut down is more problematic.

dude may not score like he used to, but "far from being a consistant player who helps Spurs for each games"?? WTF have you been smoking son?? I dare you to find another spur that can do more for the spurs when having an off night on shooting.

WTF have you been smoking son??
Manu off nights aren't all related with off shooting nights.

Let me ask you something, was Tony great during the entire playoffs last season? was Tim?

Spurs haven't only played the playoffs after the 05 title, they have too played one regular season and one month this year.
To answere at your question, Duncan was better than manu during the playoffs. Parker was slighty better too even if he was injured during the Mavs serie.

you're talking as if Manu is more of a hindrance to our championship aspirations than he is an asset.

Don't put words in my mouth, I say what I say and I've never say that.

you on the other hand...

I've critzed Manu, I will go to hell.

P.S. Just FYI sugar coating bashing doesn't mean it isn't still just that bro

Just FYI, before saying things like that, you should have a strong argument and not a weak one that have just been destroyed. :lol

Leetonidas
12-01-2006, 09:26 PM
I wouldn't trade Ginobili though. Even though he may have an off shooting night, he recognizes it and tries to do as many things to help the team as possible.

MaNuMaNiAc
12-01-2006, 09:30 PM
just FYI, before saying things like that, you should have a strong argument and not a weak one that have just been destroyed.

please! the only thing you just destroyed is everyones notion of you being able to form a coherent sentence.

Bruno
12-01-2006, 09:41 PM
please! the only thing you just destroyed is everyones notion of you being able to form a coherent sentence.

Weak.

MaNuMaNiAc
12-01-2006, 09:44 PM
Weak.as was your response to my first post. You know what, lets leave it at that. Good to see where you're coming from, it was a bit of a mistery for a while there.

Bruno
12-01-2006, 09:55 PM
as was your response to my first post.

My response was in the same tone than your post.

You know what, lets leave it at that.

Agree.

Good to see where you're coming from, it was a bit of a mistery for a while there.

Bad to see that you think that there is only one thinking per country.

Cherry
12-01-2006, 10:28 PM
SWEET! A trade Manu thread! It's officially Spurs season!

Congratulations Sequ! You won two rings and a gold medal for this thread! :toast

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9128/sequloveginoid7.jpg :p:

maldita21
12-01-2006, 10:39 PM
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9128/sequloveginoid7.jpg

Fillmoe
12-02-2006, 12:16 AM
yall should trade him while his value is high

Kori Ellis
12-02-2006, 12:17 AM
Next time Manu has a great game, the same people who want to trade him will anoint him.

It's the SpursTalk way.

Fillmoe
12-02-2006, 12:18 AM
Next time Manu has a great game, the same people who want to trade him will anoint him.

It's the SpursTalk way.

most team boards are like that..... its a must have as far as team forums go!

xamila rey
12-02-2006, 01:36 AM
sequ u r famous,
i went to the manu's forum,
and they are asking if sth is wrong with u,,,
:lol :lol
i just said you start this kind of threads just for fun.

Manu we miss u! get well soon!

KB24
12-02-2006, 01:51 AM
MANU is Awsome and should retire a SPUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ronaldo McDonald
12-02-2006, 02:15 AM
Manu is the single source of passion for the spurs', and although there are more players than I can think of that share a passion for the game, few showcase it with the ammount of class that he does. It's like every time he plays you know he gives it his all, this is an important quality because remember, before the spurs had anyone like him, their lack of heart was at the core of every persons problem with the team. I personally think that when he brings his A game, you got to look at the whole package, and it's more than numbers and stats, it's about his determination and will to win, which, especialy in the playoff, tends to spread throughout the team like a rash.

Dudes' been way to valuable for the team (2 rings and the leader of and olympic team that won gold medal) to just lose confidence in.

phxspurfan
12-02-2006, 03:06 AM
no me importa

upTD
12-02-2006, 04:04 AM
Shit...I though Manu was better than Kobe...and the best SG in the NBA. Oh, how times have changed. My earlier comment was purely to talk trash, and guess what, no one defends Manu. Honestly, I think Manu is the X Factor on the spurs that can win you games more than TP or TD, however he also can lose you games to the same effect.

shit, you and MANU, better than Kobe? IT'S A DREAM NEVER COME TRUE

upTD
12-02-2006, 04:09 AM

Before Manu and Tony the Spurs sucked, but like I said you're in the majority on this board so I hope Manu is traded to see the majority cry. Wouldn't this board be great with 100% more Dallas Trolls.

he's BAD in crunch time last playoff, you manu fan are blind.

upTD
12-02-2006, 04:15 AM
Parker haters too huh? Some of you guys are spoiled. Could you imagine this team without Manu and Tony?

Could you imagine this team spend how much money on them? a champion team's start player should not do so little for the team as the shit manu did.

upTD
12-02-2006, 04:20 AM

before manu's 3 pointer there was fin's 3 pointer, and other player did so mach for spurs to catch mavs, are you think a spurs's start player should do nothing for spurs?

xamila rey
12-02-2006, 04:28 AM
i just think is wayyyyyyyyyy too early for talking about this kind of staff.
Manu will be fine, and most of you will love him again.

TDMVPDPOY
12-02-2006, 04:35 AM
fuck manu, i say we trade TP also

phyzik
12-02-2006, 04:53 AM
fuck manu, i say we trade TP also

Fuck that, I say we all pitch in for Valume for all the fucked up people on this board who are already contemplating suicide... ON THE 1ST OF DECEMBER!!! :bang

Kori Ellis
12-02-2006, 04:54 AM
Fuck that, Isay we all pitch in for Valume for all the fucked up people on this board who are already contemplating suicide... ON THE 1ST OF DECEMBER!!! :bang

:lol I'm not spending my money on Valium.

Let 'em jump.

:downspin:

phyzik
12-02-2006, 04:55 AM
:lol I'm not spending my money on Valium.

Let 'em jump.

I knew I had it spelled wrong, Firefox told me, but didnt feel like fixing it.... :drunk

Texas_Ranger
12-02-2006, 05:20 AM
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9128/sequloveginoid7.jpg :p:

Dirk Nowitzki
12-02-2006, 05:57 AM
Dude, get off Chris Webber's dick already. He fucking sucks ass.

:rolleyes :rolleyes Please you will be shitting your pants if we were to somehow get him! Webber in the low post and dirk on the perimeter=A NIGHTMARE for the Spurs somewhat physical defense. You might want to get off of Manu's dick thinking he is going to revert to the 2005 player he was once. Or thinking the spurs physical defense it will be as great as it once was. Either way please keep Manu. As a Mavs fan I will join the "keep Manu in SA" protest. It is comforting to know that you have a player who will give a foul to a 90% free throw shooter! :clap :clap :spin

SpurYank
12-02-2006, 08:38 AM
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Why, it's better if we move the team to Austin. Let them worry about whom to trade and whom to keep.

You guys have too much time on your hands. Pop,Tony,Timmy, and Manu are the reason the Spurs are the winningest franchise in ANY major sport in America. You may not know it, but the rest of the country does.

You better get ready to cry again, too. We will lose 18 to 20 more games before it's over.

As our departed Rummy says, "Stuff happens."

smeagol
12-02-2006, 08:42 AM
It would be interestig to see Manu play under a different coach and different system in the NBA.

Emanuel20
12-02-2006, 10:06 AM
I CAN NOT BELIEVE THAT Y'ALL WROTE 6 PAGES ABOUT THIS STUPID THREAD

During the 2005 playoffs you guys were saying he was underpaid....now you are saying he is overpaid.....that balances his income....so stop being stupid b/c MANU is not going ANYWHARE!!!!

TMTTRIO
12-02-2006, 10:18 AM
hey at least if we traded him we would stop having these Manu versus Tony threads that pop up all the time:p: . If you want to trade him, trade him to Phoenix. I'd like to see him play with Steve Nash :) or the Chicago Bulls . Seriously this is stupid. Interesting that the three games he has missed are the ones that the Spurs have lost because they played without any energy. Yes even with him healthy and playing those games we might not have won but he would've hustled to make plays that led to a win. He doesn't always have to score. And for those dwelling on the mistake he did last season get over it. It's done and we're in a new season.

Emanuel20
12-02-2006, 10:21 AM
hey at least if we traded him we would stop having these Manu versus Tony threads that pop up all the time:p: . If you want to trade him, trade him to Phoenix. I'd like to see him play with Steve Nash :) or the Chicago Bulls . Seriously this is stupid. Interesting that the three games he has missed are the ones that the Spurs have lost because they played without any energy. Yes even with him healthy and playing those games we might not have won but he would've hustled to make plays that led to a win. He doesn't always have to score. And for those dwelling on the mistake he did last season get over it. It's done and we're in a new season.

Absolutely...i think that whoever started this thread does not know that ginobili has career high in rebounds.............manu is not only about point...he does everything on the court....EVERYTHING......

SequSpur
12-02-2006, 10:34 AM
Absolutely...i think that whoever started this thread does not know that ginobili has career high in rebounds.............manu is not only about point...he does everything on the court....EVERYTHING......

Manu does EVERYTHING! Amen.

SequSpur
12-02-2006, 10:39 AM
sequ u r famous,
i went to the manu's forum,
and they are asking if sth is wrong with u,,,
i just said you start this kind of threads just for fun.

Manu we miss u! get well soon!

Where? I would like to discuss this with them.

Emanuel20
12-02-2006, 10:39 AM

Manu does EVERYTHING! Amen.

you really have to cool it off man...you have to appreciate what manu gives you on the court

MmP
12-02-2006, 11:13 AM
Where? I would like to discuss this with them.
www.manuginobili.com/forum

MmP
12-02-2006, 11:15 AM
Yeah, trade Ginobili and expect another case like Dallas, letting go a potencial MVP like Steve Nash.

SequSpur
12-02-2006, 11:17 AM
I don't see any topic in there about this.

Emanuel20
12-02-2006, 11:30 AM
Yeah, trade Ginobili and expect another case like Dallas, letting go a potencial MVP like Steve Nash.

Great comparison:!!!

MmP
12-02-2006, 11:40 AM
I don't see any topic in there about this.
There's not an specific topic about it. Just a few comments about this thread here: http://manuginobili.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26985

spurschick
12-02-2006, 11:54 AM
:sleep

Cherry
12-02-2006, 12:06 PM
http://img480.imageshack.us/img480/6375/201961jjk1.jpg
Sequ:"I will not pay the dinner"

Emanuel20
12-02-2006, 12:12 PM
manu looks cute :)

Emanuel20
12-02-2006, 12:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGwqUChiENI

i am going to cry:((((((((((

upTD
12-02-2006, 12:36 PM

you know, without him spurs minus a start-player, that's the difference, if wo replace him with ather top teams's sg, wo could have win the games.

ginobili fan
12-02-2006, 01:07 PM

:clap :clap

ginobili fan
12-02-2006, 01:13 PM
trade everyone you want but never Duncan,Parker,Ginobili
because Duncan,Parker,Ginobili=our only nba winning chance
however,manu musn't penetrate anymore or playing hard because he get injures always he's getting old
However,he has to change his game A LITTLE

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-02-2006, 01:17 PM
3-way trade:

Bobcats:
Michael Finley
Beno Udrih

Bucks:
Eric Williams
Manu Ginobili
Rights to Scola

Spurs:
Michael Redd
Brevin Knight

ginobili fan
12-02-2006, 01:25 PM
3-way trade:

Bobcats:
Michael Finley
Beno Udrih

Bucks:
Eric Williams
Manu Ginobili
Rights to Scola

Spurs:
Michael Redd
Brevin Knight

:lol :lol :lol :dizzy
brevin knight ...WTF??!!?

polandprzem
12-02-2006, 01:27 PM
Is this thread still on?

So what is the conclusion?

Sequ sucks or Manu sucks?

Emanuel20
12-02-2006, 01:43 PM
Sequ sucks

Cherry
12-02-2006, 02:49 PM
So what is the conclusion?

Sequ sucks or Manu sucks?

Sequ loves Manu

http://img286.imageshack.us/img286/8352/manuhippieswo2.jpg

temujin
12-02-2006, 03:39 PM
Bring Manu back here immediately.

Keep this Sequ guy there, though.

mavsfan1000
12-02-2006, 03:42 PM
I agree with Sequ. It's time to trade Manu for a second round pick before it's too late.

xamila rey
12-02-2006, 03:47 PM
Sequ loves Manu

http://img286.imageshack.us/img286/8352/manuhippieswo2.jpg

:lmao :rollin i love that pix
Cherry please keep posting that kind of staff,
it is a good entertainment until Manu is back

Cherry
12-02-2006, 03:54 PM
:lmao :rollin i love that pix
Cherry please keep posting that kind of staff,
it is a good entertainment until Manu is back

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/5691/man11ei2.jpg

Emanuel20
12-02-2006, 03:56 PM
I agree with Sequ. It's time to trade Manu for a second round pick before it's too late.

First: What are you doing in Spurs Forum...
Second: Leave Manu alone, start worrying about your TEAM

xamila rey
12-02-2006, 04:25 PM
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/5691/man11ei2.jpg

:lol :blah :lol :blah
la mejor de todas Cherry.

spurschick
12-02-2006, 05:36 PM
I'll say this much... for someone the haters want to get rid of so badly, they sure give Manu a lot of attention. This forum is full of threads focused solely on him.

rasho8
12-02-2006, 05:48 PM
Manu is the freakin man.
You people have issues, he gets hurt because he goes out there and gives 100% every night. Not everyone can be Kobe and hit a million shots a night.
When hes on, hes on like crazy, when hes off... hes way off.
But hes good and it gives our team more fire with Manu on the court distracting players and stealing balls like crazy.
Go Manu... all you haters need to go.

Emanuel20
12-02-2006, 05:54 PM
It seems to me that we all expect to much of Manu...(but who's to blame after what we saw he can do)

Get well manu:)

Mavs<Spurs
12-02-2006, 07:36 PM
I have a better idea, let's trade Sequ.

Manu gives us so much more than just points:

he gives us hustle, he gives us steals, he draws charges against his opponents when they are on offense, he gets a key rebound, he gets opponents in foul trouble, he is one of the best playmakers in the entire NBA, he is a great passer.

These are things that Manu does even when he is not shooting well.

Someone might say that Manu doesn't do any good things when he is injured on the bench. However, the fact is that he plays 80 % or higher of the Spurs games since being on the team (probably closer to 90%). So that allegation does not make much sense.

Axl Van Dam
12-02-2006, 07:46 PM
Dude hasn't done shit this year. He had one flash and now he's out. Dude is not an allstar. He belongs on the Grant Hill poster child list.

Begone!

:ihit HORSESHIT!!!!!!!!

MmP
12-02-2006, 07:53 PM
he is one of the best playmakers in the entire NBA, he is a great passer.
That's primarly why Pop keeps giving him the ball in clutch time. Manu may not score in the last posetions but he creates a lot for the Spurs.

RC's Boss
12-02-2006, 09:38 PM
I wouldn't trade him THIS year, but lets be honest... That contract is going to look a lot bigger when he's 32 and broken. Who knows... A.I. is one I thought would be broken by now, but he seems as sharp as ever. Maybe Manu can do the same. With that said, Manu would be VERY attractive trade bait a year or two from now if he can play an avg. of at least 70-75 games for the next year.

spurschick
12-02-2006, 11:52 PM
I have a better idea, let's trade Sequ.

Good idea. I hear the Lollipop Guild is looking for a point guard.

RC's Boss
12-03-2006, 12:08 AM
Ouch

Cherry
12-03-2006, 12:36 AM
Good idea. I hear the Lollipop Guild is looking for a point guard.

Thatīs cruel :lol

angel_luv
12-03-2006, 12:51 AM
Props for the photo shops Cherry! :)

T Park
12-03-2006, 12:54 AM
The sideshow is looking for attention and you people gave it.

Hook, line, and sinkah :lol

upTD
12-03-2006, 02:36 AM
trade manu, for king's k-Martin.

sendman
12-03-2006, 08:21 AM
Yeah! Coming from the worldwide known winner!

No, it's just that you and your lover T Park are so far up TPs butt that you can touch his tonsils.
And that is not a win you smell...

:devil

Emanuel20
12-03-2006, 10:31 AM
i can not believe that this thread is still going on...:(

Cherry
12-03-2006, 11:49 AM
Props for the photo shops Cherry! :)

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/4355/sequ2zu1.gif

thank you :angel

spurtime
12-03-2006, 12:06 PM
The thing that is amusing about this thread is that Sequ ignores a fundamental inconsistency with his line of thinking. If it is true that Manu is incapable of playing at the level that he has in the past, and will continue to be injury prone, why will any team in their right minds trade us anything of value for him? If Sequ's "brilliance" is in line with NBA GMs then they will see the same thing about Manu and not offer us anything other than the expiring deals of poor players or the bloated contracts of bad players. Is that what we're looking for in return for Manu?

If Sequ thinks that his opinion really carries any weight then he is directly responsible for lowering Manu's perceived worth and making it more difficult for the Spurs to get anything of value for Manu.

The other possibilities are that Sequ simply wants to throw chum in the water to get the board riled up OR that he's borderline retarded.

rr2418
12-03-2006, 12:58 PM

Begone!

Hey dude, smoking crack is still illegal! :lol

MaNuMaNiAc
12-03-2006, 02:20 PM

Holy shit!! :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao! :tu Cherry :tu

ATX Spur
12-03-2006, 02:32 PM
:lol All that's missing is an Argentine flag.

Texas_Ranger
12-03-2006, 03:22 PM

OMG. :lol :lol :lol :lmao :lmao :lmao

wildbill2u
12-03-2006, 03:23 PM
I wouldn't trade him THIS year, but lets be honest... That contract is going to look a lot bigger when he's 32 and broken. Who knows... A.I. is one I thought would be broken by now, but he seems as sharp as ever. Maybe Manu can do the same. With that said, Manu would be VERY attractive trade bait a year or two from now if he can play an avg. of at least 70-75 games for the next year.
Let's look at the game plan of Pop and the Front Office. This team will become geriatric in a couple of years.

However, it's clear they want to keep the big three together until Duncan's run at more championships is over. However, Manu is probably the only one of the three they would consider trading and that's because of his age.

But who or what draft pick can they get in return that will be equal or better? 2nd round picks are usually useless as starters although there are some notable exceptions.

Our problem is not so much trading Manu as it is replacing a lot of players due to age WHEN WE CANT DO MUCH VIA THE DRAFT if we continue to be contenders.

We will have to revamp all the guard positions except for Parker and our Euros (or White) don't look like the answer right now for the SF slot when Bowen slows down.

We will have to go through a few years of being in the wilderness, probably dead last in the league, to get some favorable draft picks. The chances of getting another Timmy with a lottery pick while still hanging on to him (a la Robinson) is infinitely small.

xamila rey
12-03-2006, 03:34 PM

so,where is sequ now?
oh, ok cherrys pix explained it well... :spin

Texas_Ranger
12-03-2006, 03:45 PM
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g253/Ivan21_2006/sequ.jpg

:fro

Emanuel20
12-03-2006, 04:35 PM
i think that SequSpur LOVES Manu...(he gives gino so much attention)...Sequspur is just a little upset because Manu is not rising up to his's expectations

Cherry
12-03-2006, 04:52 PM
It's the SpursTalk way. :lol

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/6834/3premiosfhn6.gif.....maybe :lol

Kori Ellis
12-03-2006, 04:52 PM
Sequ rags on players to no end.

In 2003, he ragged and trashed Stephen Jackson to the utmost. Worse than he trashes Manu.

Then after the Spurs won the title, I met up with him outside the arena right after the game and he was crying (yes literally crying) down on the sidewalk, praising Stephen Jackson.

"Stephen Jackson!! Stephen Jackson!!!"

The day when he praises Manu will come too.

Solid D
12-03-2006, 05:00 PM

Best gif-shop ever! :rollin

:lol Poor Sequ.

Emanuel20
12-03-2006, 05:01 PM
Manu destroys Sequspur

SequSpur
12-03-2006, 05:06 PM
Sequ rags on players to no end.

In 2003, he ragged and trashed Stephen Jackson to the utmost. Worse than he trashes Manu.

Then after the Spurs won the title, I met up with him outside the arena right after the game and he was crying (yes literally crying) down on the sidewalk, praising Stephen Jackson.

"Stephen Jackson!! Stephen Jackson!!!"

The day when he praises Manu will come too.

:dramaquee

Kori Ellis
12-03-2006, 05:08 PM
:dramaquee

Just admit this picture is funny as anything you've ever seen.

SequSpur
12-03-2006, 05:10 PM

:nope

:depressed

JLH Fans
12-03-2006, 05:29 PM
Trade him to Twincities for Ricky+Madsen :drunk

ATX Spur
12-03-2006, 05:42 PM
For a thread that started so crappy, it sure got good about 6 pages in. :lmao

spurschick
12-03-2006, 07:18 PM
However, Manu is probably the only one of the three they would consider trading and that's because of his age.

If I'm a GM of another team, I'm more interested in Tony than the other two, especially if I'm looking for youth and experience. If I get Tim or Manu, I'm getting them for what they still have in the tank right now and for veteran leadership in the coming years.

SequSpur
12-03-2006, 07:22 PM
If I'm a GM of another team, I'm more interested in Tony than the other two, especially if I'm looking for youth and experience. If I get Tim or Manu, I'm getting them for what they still have in the tank right now and for veteran leadership in the coming years.

Yeah, but Tony and Tim are untradeable because they actually contribute on a more than regular basis.

v2freak
12-03-2006, 07:27 PM
Not every GM has the same line of thinking..

spurschick
12-03-2006, 07:29 PM
Yeah, but Tony and Tim are untradeable because they actually contribute on a more than regular basis.

You'd make a helluva GM. :rolleyes

Emanuel20
12-03-2006, 08:03 PM
SequSpur.... MANU is not going to be traded for the next couple of years ....(it's not rocket science)

Emanuel20
12-03-2006, 08:56 PM
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g253/Ivan21_2006/sequ.jpg

:fro

Manu to SequSpur: So i am enjoying the extra cash

Cherry
12-03-2006, 10:09 PM
For a thread that started so crappy, it sure got good about 6 pages in. :lmao

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/9797/kicksequem2.gif

"Sequ, let me show you some of my regular basis!":lol

Emanuel20
12-03-2006, 10:29 PM
cherry: good animation

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
12-03-2006, 10:58 PM
This thread kinda backfired :lol

Hopefully that Sequ guy's a good sport.

Really great GIF's love the star wars one.

ATX Spur
12-04-2006, 12:20 AM

"Sequ, let me show you some of my regular basis!":lol

:lmao Manu's face in this gif makes the whole thing!

gospursgojas
12-04-2006, 12:26 AM
:rolleyes

MaNuMaNiAc
12-04-2006, 12:30 AM

"Sequ, let me show you some of my regular basis!":lol:lmao great job!

Emanuel20
12-04-2006, 01:47 PM
this thread sucks...please Kori remove/close it
:cry

Cherry
12-04-2006, 02:33 PM

donīt worry for this thread :lol

spurschick
12-04-2006, 03:54 PM

If you don't have the stomach for this thread now, I'd stay clear of the forum during the playoffs.

SequSpur
12-04-2006, 05:09 PM
If you don't have the stomach for this thread now, I'd stay clear of the forum during the playoffs.

wtf.. sounds like you're lacking in some spurs confidence.

ShoogarBear
12-04-2006, 05:15 PM
What Sequ is doing to you guys in this thread:

:violin

Solid D
12-04-2006, 06:09 PM

:nope

:depressed

:cry :baby

v2freak
12-04-2006, 06:17 PM
If SequSpur is serious about this thread, then there's not really any reason to ridicule him for his beliefs. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. The topic of trading Ginobili is not out of the question; can't we all just discuss it without without ridiculing pictures and name-calling? No offense Cherry, those pictures are impressive, just not conducive to a good discussion.

SequSpur
12-04-2006, 06:27 PM
If SequSpur is serious about this thread, then there's not really any reason to ridicule him for his beliefs. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. The topic of trading Ginobili is not out of the question; can't we all just discuss it without without ridiculing pictures and name-calling? No offense Cherry, those pictures are impressive, just not conducive to a good discussion.

yeah cherry, you trollin beyitch.

smdanss
12-04-2006, 06:29 PM

It's the SpursTalk way.

Agree.

I would like to see Manu healty and make great play again. Spurs are still needing Manu on the court.

GrandeDavid
12-04-2006, 06:32 PM
This thread is funny. I love how easily people get stirred up, and you gotta love how the bandwagon fans of a championshipless franchise who lucked out in squeaking by the Spurs only to get their asses handed to them in Finals love piling on. Pretty funny.

spurschick
12-04-2006, 07:07 PM
wtf.. sounds like you're lacking in some spurs confidence.

Huh? I think you misinterpreted what I said.

Cherry
12-04-2006, 07:58 PM
If SequSpur is serious about this thread...

What if Sequ is not serious? :dizzy
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55127

I was thinking to take some pics from the caption Nash thread, but i knew that Sequ loves Manu and his "trade someone thread" is a classic.

Cherry
12-04-2006, 08:01 PM
This thread is funny. I love how easily people get stirred up, and you gotta love how the bandwagon fans of a championshipless franchise who lucked out in squeaking by the Spurs only to get their asses handed to them in Finals love piling on. Pretty funny.

:tu

spurschick
12-04-2006, 11:08 PM
Rumors of Manu's demise have been greatly exaggerated.

SequSpur
12-04-2006, 11:16 PM
Rumors of Manu's demise have been greatly exaggerated.

Golden State.

smeagol
12-04-2006, 11:17 PM
Golden State.
Who beat the Spurs a couple of nights ago . . .

polandprzem
12-05-2006, 02:20 AM
Manu incresed his value now, so...

TRADE HIM !!!!

xamila rey
12-05-2006, 05:23 AM
his value never went down. :spin .....

celldweller
12-05-2006, 09:37 AM
:wakeup ----------"TRADE GINOBILI"---------:lmao

AFBlue
12-05-2006, 09:48 AM
The idea, on principle, isn't so crazy. Manu is great when he's healthy and aggressive, but those two qualities are at odds most of the time (meaning that if he's aggressive, he won't be healthy and that if he wants to stay healthy he'll be more timid).

The problem with the whole idea is that Manu is a "superstar" in SA, but JUST a "star" everywhere else. That means SA will be less inclined to get rid of him because of his intangible to the ballclub and they just wouldn't get "equal" value (Lebron James?) in a trade.

Bottom Line: Manu Ginobili retires as a Spur. It's really not a question of "if", but "when"

nkdlunch
12-05-2006, 10:22 AM
Bottom Line: Manu Ginobili retires as a Spur. It's really not a question of "if", but "when"

I wouldn't bet on it. If Spurs don't get a championship in the next 2 years, they might make a big move. Either Parker or Manu or both would go.

AFBlue
12-05-2006, 10:34 AM
I wouldn't bet on it. If Spurs don't get a championship in the next 2 years, they might make a big move. Either Parker or Manu or both would go.

I don't think the Spurs would blow the team up if they didn't win it all over the next couple years. That's a bit of an overreaction.

I'd be inclined to agree with you if the Spurs were not contending (i.e. bottom-four seed or lottery), but to me that would mean a major, season-ending injury had occured.

My guess is that the Spurs continue to contend for the title, and tweak their line up with role players while they've still got the big three under contract...so no big moves.

AFBlue
12-05-2006, 10:43 AM
Oh, and I know it seems like young, talented point guards are falling of trees right now (Paul, Williams, etc.), but that shouldn't affect how Tony is viewed. He has grown into a legit perennial all-star and if he continues to develop he could be the best PG in the league.

He's someone you can build a franchise around, and in a few years...the Spurs will.

TMTTRIO
12-05-2006, 11:09 AM
I would hate to see Manu gone because he's my favorite players but unless your Tim or now even Tony, there's always a chance to get traded. Manu has even admitted that eventually he might be traded. He may be a fan favorite but Malik was one too and he got traded. The question is which team would the Spurs trade him to and for whom? If they traded him I would hate to see him on a Western Conference team and comes back to tear us apart.

Emanuel20
12-06-2006, 09:51 AM
Oh, and I know it seems like young, talented point guards are falling of trees right now (Paul, Williams, etc.), but that shouldn't affect how Tony is viewed. He has grown into a legit perennial all-star and if he continues to develop he could be the best PG in the league.

He's someone you can build a franchise around, and in a few years...the Spurs will.

he certainly has to improve his fourth quarter performance, the guy is turning like ball crazy in the last 2-4 minutes of the 4th... (don't get me wrong I like parker but if he want to be seen as an ALL-Star..he has to improve that..and less of hogging the ball)

Compare: Manu in the 4th quarter against Portland
:Tony.......

Please_dont_ban_me
12-06-2006, 09:54 AM

Uh, no.

I wouldn't even do Manu straight up for Gasol. Now give me a Kirilenko and I'd consider it. Or maybe a J'Oneal. Not Pau 'the choker' Gausol.

Emanuel20
12-06-2006, 09:56 AM
man are y'all given up on Manu already
Only trade talks about gino in this forum

Please_dont_ban_me
12-06-2006, 09:59 AM
man are y'all given up on Manu already
Only trade talks about gino in this forum

I don't think any real Spurs fan has given up on him.

But I wouldn't say he's "untradeable". I would put Tony in that class (just because of how young he is) and obviously Duncan is in that class. Manu is in the 'we PROBABLY wont trade him...unless we just get a really sweet deal' type of class.

Emanuel20
12-06-2006, 10:03 AM
I don't think any real Spurs fan has given up on him.

But I wouldn't say he's "untradeable". I would put Tony in that class (just because of how young he is) and obviously Duncan is in that class. Manu is in the 'we PROBABLY wont trade him...unless we just get a really sweet deal' type of class.

but did you see the energy he brought yesterday...and the energy he usually brings....i don't know if they will find more passionate guy than him

Do you think that if the SPurs win it this year? (with playoff manu) Do you think they will resign him after his contract expires...

Please_dont_ban_me
12-06-2006, 10:05 AM
but did you see the energy he brought yesterday...and the energy he usually brings....i don't know if they will find more passionate guy than him

Do you think that if the SPurs win it this year? (with playoff manu) Do you think they will resign him after his contract expires...

I don't know his contract situation...

But if what you say is correct, and he's a free agent after this year....whether we win or not he will be resigned. The value he brings to this team is undeniable. But when you look at his age, and look at his style of play...I would say his number of quality years left in the league are 3-5. Now look at a Kirilenko. You can get a guy who will be solid for 10+ years.

Emanuel20
12-06-2006, 10:06 AM
no i think his contract does not expire in the next 2 years i am not sure

Please_dont_ban_me
12-06-2006, 10:07 AM
Well, I'm sure we won't be signing him to a 10 year deal or anything.

It'll probably be a 2-4 year deal for like 5-7 mill per year.

Emanuel20
12-06-2006, 10:09 AM
true....
you know i read an article that he might actually make the hall of fame
because of his all around the world basketball achievments

wildbill2u
12-06-2006, 10:25 AM
We're in a hell of a dilemma for the future. Unless Duncan goes down with an injury for a year and puts us in the lottery, we're going to continue as high level contenders with terrible draft position.

Drafting at the 25-30 position every year eventually erodes and ruins your roster--unless you can keep finding unknown jewels like Parker and Manu to draft. We've been able to exploit the overseas player market, but that's becoming less likely as other teams extensively scout the world for players.

Our only hope is that Isaiah Thomas remains in charge of the lowly Knicks and makes some more stupid trades.

I think CIA Pop has compromising pics of Isaiah or something.

Please_dont_ban_me
12-06-2006, 10:29 AM
true....
you know i read an article that he might actually make the hall of fame
because of his all around the world basketball achievments

Doubt it...

I was kind of young at the time, but didn't that guy Drazen Petrovic (sp?) have a similar impact? I don't think he's in the hall of fame. I could be wrong though.

Please_dont_ban_me
12-06-2006, 10:30 AM
Drafting at the 25-30 position every year eventually erodes and ruins your roster--

Not true, look at the Patriots.

I think it comes down to a good GM and good coaching. We have both.

Emanuel20
12-06-2006, 10:31 AM
yeah i've heard that name he's from croatia, played basketball during 80's

if manu made the shot against spain and won the gold medal may be yeah but.....

Please_dont_ban_me
12-06-2006, 10:36 AM
yeah i've heard that name he's from croatia, played basketball during 80's

if manu made the shot against spain and won the gold medal may be yeah but.....

I still doubt it.

Sabonis get's in the hall before Manu.

Emanuel20
12-06-2006, 10:37 AM
u think tony will

Please_dont_ban_me
12-06-2006, 10:42 AM
u think tony will

It's hard to say.

But he's pretty young and already has 2 rings along with good stats. If he picks up at least 2-3 more rings and his stats keep improving like they have been...why not?

Emanuel20
12-06-2006, 10:46 AM
so finley's starting today right
are we going to win tonight w/o bowen ana timmy

Please_dont_ban_me
12-06-2006, 10:47 AM
Let's skip the small talk.

You want the winning Lotto numbers?