PDA

View Full Version : Mavericks fans - why are you here?

spurschick
12-01-2006, 10:47 PM
I've seen quite a few Mavs fans posting on SpursTalk lately and more joining every day. Some say it's to talk smack and ruffle feathers, but I don't think that is why others are here. Since one fan started the thread about starting a Mavs forum, it's made me more curious as to what has brought Mavs fans here. Based on what Pistons and Kings fans have said about other forums, perhaps you all have some of the same reasons.

Choose all that apply:

A: You're here only to talk and stir up shit
B: You haven't found a Mavs forum you really like
C: The mods on Mavs forums will ban you if you even think of criticizing a Mavs player
D: You can talk harmless smack to Spurs fans here without getting banned by your third post
E: You've found a community of different fans that you can have good conversation with
F: You hate us, we hate you (blah, blah)... but we both respect the teams and the rivalry

dirk4mvp
12-01-2006, 10:48 PM
I've seen quite a few Mavs fans posting on SpursTalk lately and more joining every day. Some say it's to talk smack and ruffle feathers, but I don't think that is why others are here. Since one fan started the thread about starting a Mavs forum, it's made me more curious as to what has brought Mavs fans here. Based on what Pistons and Kings fans have said about other forums, perhaps you all have some of the same reasons.

Choose all that apply:

C: The mods on Mavs forums will ban you if you even think of criticizing a Mavs player
D: You can talk harmless smack to Spurs fans here without getting banned by your third post
E: You've found a community of different fans that you can have good conversation with
F: You hate us, we hate you (blah, blah)... but we both respect the teams and the rivalry

atxrocker
12-01-2006, 10:50 PM
they're only here when they win. come playoffs, count on them to dissappear... again.

Amarelooms
12-01-2006, 10:51 PM

Choose all that apply:

I am here to see you post naked pics :downspin:

texas84
12-01-2006, 10:53 PM

Choose all that apply:

ponky
12-01-2006, 10:58 PM
I say all of the above except definitely not C and I think mavtalk is alright, even if a bit sluggish at times. Spurstalk is probably the best forum I've seen, there's serious basketball talk both in the NBA forum as well as drama queen cliff-jumping types all over the place. Sometimes it's funny to just sit back and laugh at all the drama queens ready to say stupid stuff like "Trade Ginobili"

StylisticS
12-01-2006, 11:02 PM
they're only here when they win. come playoffs, count on them to dissappear... again.
:rolleyes many of us were still here last year after we lost the finals so there goes your fucked up theory.

BTW. My answer is E. I like to talk sports in general. I'm not into that smack talk shit....Unless you're the Redskin, Eagles, or Giants. :lol

ponky
12-01-2006, 11:04 PM

wrong, in fact, i think i was here more during the off-season because the other boards just about go dead during the summertime...there was so much fiba talk on this board, it was cool

mqywaaah
12-01-2006, 11:05 PM

Choose all that apply:

mqywaaah
12-01-2006, 11:06 PM
Were only here when we win. come playoffs, count on us to dissappear... again.

Ow... sorry dude. I feel for you. :lol

#1kingsfan
12-01-2006, 11:06 PM
why don't the Mavs disappear like they did in the finals?!?!

mqywaaah
12-01-2006, 11:07 PM
why don't the Mavs disappear like they did in the finals?!?!

Why cant the Kings reach the Finals?!?!

dirk4mvp
12-01-2006, 11:09 PM
Why cant the Kings reach the Finals?!?!

They did in '51

mqywaaah
12-01-2006, 11:13 PM
Ow I wasnt even born then so I dont give an eff! And let me re-phrase that... "Why cant the Kings reach the Finals ANYMORE?!?!

AverageMavsFans
12-01-2006, 11:14 PM
Remember when Vlade Divacs tipped the ball to Robert Horry for the game winning 3 pointer?

#1kingsfan
12-01-2006, 11:15 PM
Ow I wasnt even born then so I dont give an eff! And let me re-phrase that... "Why cant the Kings reach the Finals ANYMORE?!?!

Why don't u just stfu?!?!

Ur prob just a stupid little kid!

ponky
12-01-2006, 11:17 PM
Why don't u just stfu?!?!

Ur prob just a stupid little kid!

At least he's a sutpid little kid with a WINNING TEAM!!!

#1kingsfan
12-01-2006, 11:21 PM
At least he's a sutpid little kid with a WINNING TEAM!!!

Psh, WOW these games dont matter till May. And by then the Mavs will choke once again. The Kings in the otherhand, will win 30 in a row and go on the be champs :king

mqywaaah
12-01-2006, 11:23 PM
Thanks ponky. :) But I aint a kid. I can look out for myself. Youve got to sympathize with these Kings fans. I mean, to have a team that just flat out sucks can be really depressing and frustrating. Just look at how frustrated their #1 Kings fan is. :lmao

mqywaaah
12-01-2006, 11:26 PM
Psh, WOW these games dont matter till May. And by then the Mavs will choke once again. The Kings in the otherhand, will win 30 in a row and go on the be champs :king

Dream on. I mean, dream REALISTIC dreams!!! Possible ones. Not those "I'm gonna go to the moon and back" types of dreams. I mean, cmon, you're not serious with that are you?! The Kings? :lmao

#1kingsfan
12-01-2006, 11:28 PM
Thanks ponky. :) But I aint a kid. I can look out for myself. Youve got to sympathize with these Kings fans. I mean, to have a team that just flat out sucks can be really depressing and frustrating. Just look at how frustrated their #1 Kings fan is. :lmao

Sucks?!!?! :lmao

LOOK, you just caught us having a bad game, BUT u havent seen the way we really play if you did then we would've won by like 40 points. :rolleyes

mqywaaah
12-01-2006, 11:30 PM

LOOK, you just caught us having a bad game, BUT u havent seen the way we really play if you did then we would've won by like 40 points. :rolleyes

Ok till then boy.

#1kingsfan
12-01-2006, 11:32 PM
Ok till then boy.

boy? wtf?!?! Im a MAN little kid, get your facts straight! :madrun

ponky

nah, i didn't think you were...it's cool, we mavs fans have to stick together while browsing spurstalk (aka enemy territory)...errr, unless you're one of those rare spurs/mavs fans :)

Amarelooms

Haha are you people for fuckin real? Gotta be a bunch of pimple faced teenagers on here. I'm done...this bullshit is lame.

#1kingsfan
12-01-2006, 11:33 PM
Ok till then boy.

Plus u can't expect us to be perfect everyday as we usually are. You Mav fans are such IDIOTS! :king

dirk4mvp
12-01-2006, 11:34 PM
Haha are you people for fuckin real? Gotta be a punk of pimple faced teenagers on here. I'm done...this bullshit is lame.

Damn, you're getting your ass trolled. Does that mean you're gonna change teams now?

#1kingsfan
12-01-2006, 11:36 PM
Haha are you people for fuckin real? Gotta be a bunch of pimple faced teenagers on here. I'm done...this bullshit is lame.

STFU!!! WHO THE EFF DO U THINK U ARE?? U STUPID BANDWAGON FAN! :madrun

mqywaaah
12-01-2006, 11:39 PM
STFU!!! WHO THE EFF DO U THINK U ARE?? U STUPID BANDWAGON FAN! :madrun

You wanna take this outside?

Kori Ellis
12-01-2006, 11:42 PM
Damn the Kings fans trolled a perfectly reasonable thread.

Slow your roll, losers.

atxrocker
12-01-2006, 11:43 PM
kori, it's not fair to make such a claim when some of us haven't made one single troll post in this thread.

Kori Ellis
12-01-2006, 11:44 PM

Troll post by you.

A lot of the Mavs fans have been here for over a year.

So if you are going to make sweeping generalizations about Mavs fans, expect me to do the same about Kings fans.

Capiche?

#1kingsfan
12-01-2006, 11:46 PM
You wanna take this outside?

ugh! Shouldnt u go back the d-m.com... bet they miss u there!

atxrocker
12-01-2006, 11:47 PM
Capiche?

sure thing, but i didn't know that post was considered a "troll post". it wasn't intended that way, it wasn't hard to notice the absence of numerous mavs fans who were here during the season before they lost in the finals then all a sudden they all seemed to be gone.

Kori Ellis
12-01-2006, 11:48 PM
sure thing, but i didn't know that post was considered a "troll post". it wasn't intended that way, it wasn't hard to notice the absence of numerous mavs fans who were here during the season before they lost in the finals then all a sudden they all seemed to be gone.

A lot of them have been here all the way through.

But some left when they lost.

Same shit with some Kings fans who disappeared off the face of the planet after the Kings-Spurs series but will come here and talk crap if the Spurs lose tomorrow night.

Fillmoe
12-01-2006, 11:50 PM
A lot of them have been here all the way through.

But some left when they lost.

Same shit with some Kings fans who disappeared off the face of the planet after the Kings-Spurs series but will come here and talk crap if the Spurs lose tomorrow night.

ill talk crap if the spurs win!

mavsfan1000
12-01-2006, 11:52 PM
Nothing like Mavs and Kings fans going at it on a spurs board. :lol

Dirk41MVP
12-01-2006, 11:57 PM
I basically hate your team and their fans. They whine too much and you guys think your team and specially Duncan was hand-made by god. You don't accept losses, and always believe you have and DESERVE to win for some weird reason, and it's not always like that. If you win, you talk all the shit in the world, if you lose you do the same thing, but on the other people's teams. You're (fans) as far away as classy as it gets, and I just want to treat you with your same standards.

And besides it's always fun to troll around, with a bunch of idiots who one night when ginobili plays well, y'all are giving him fellatio, but as soon as he sits out 2 or 3 games with an injury, he sucks ass and should be traded for the second rounder he is. Or when Elson plays a good game and now you believe he's the Dirk-stopper, but he plays bad 1 night and you ask why he got signed. I'd have to say it's mighty entertaining

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-02-2006, 12:01 AM
A friend of mine (Son of Mavs Man) has said he would post more, but he actually doesn't like how quickly the serious threads deteriorate, but that's just him.

leemajors
12-02-2006, 12:02 AM
You're (fans) as far away as classy as it gets, and I just want to treat you with your same standards.

:dizzy

KB24
12-02-2006, 12:23 AM
All you need now is a LAKER FAN. :ihit

atlantaforever!
12-02-2006, 12:26 AM
Lakers? Atlanta is better than the lakers and kings

ponky
12-02-2006, 12:28 AM

Don't know nothing about that but I just picked up ZaZa for my fantasy team, hope he continues to do well!

atlantaforever!
12-02-2006, 12:30 AM
hahahaha! good move men! i wanna be your friend, because you will like zaza too

kingsfan
12-02-2006, 12:32 AM
I like the Hawks but better than the Kings? http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/no.gif
We do agree on the fakers though http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/toast.gif

atlantaforever!
12-02-2006, 12:36 AM
i wanna be your friend too..

yeah lakers are quite weak, but you think kings are stronger than la. currently, lakers have a better record than kings.. lakers relies on a player named "kobe-81 pts man", you rely on a player named "kevin martin", again kevin who?

ponky
12-02-2006, 12:36 AM
hahahaha! good move men! i wanna be your friend, because you will like zaza too

haha, i'm a girl! anyway, i have liked zaza since he first came into the league and i like the hawks alright, they have some good ballers

atlantaforever!
12-02-2006, 12:38 AM
and your starters scored 35pts in the game against dallas. uuuuuuu.. scary starting lineup

atlantaforever!
12-02-2006, 12:39 AM
haha, i'm a girl! anyway, i have liked zaza since he first came into the league and i like the hawks alright, they have some good ballers

you're a girl? thats even better.. hehe, kidding. yeah, they are still young give them time. but ill admit winning a championship is impossible, haha

kingsfan
12-02-2006, 12:41 AM
I've always been a fan of smoove and Joe Johnson is awesome, they need a better PG though and their management sucks.

Fillmoe
12-02-2006, 12:42 AM
maybe they should draft a player other than a SF?

atlantaforever!
12-02-2006, 12:43 AM
i was a suns fan before, but they f*ckin destroyed the amare,marion,q,jj,nash team

atlantaforever!
12-02-2006, 12:45 AM
maybe they should draft a player other than a SF?

hahahaha, yeah..

mqywaaah
12-02-2006, 02:53 AM

:lmao ampogi amp

spurschick
12-02-2006, 11:52 AM
Well, this thread derailed quickly. However, most of the Mavs fans that answered the question are pretty clear that they're not here to troll. There are obviously trolls from every fan base, including the Spurs, who have a tendency to make the entire fan base look bad, but I think there is enough intelligence on this board to sift through that.

I am now wondering though if the Mavs/Kings rivalry is worse than Mavs/Spurs. :lol You guys really go at it.

kingsfan
12-02-2006, 11:55 AM
maybe they should draft a player other than a SF?The fact that they passed on CP3 still makes no sense to me but their drafting leaves a lot to be desired http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smiconfused.gif
All they ever draft are forwards http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smidepressed.gif

u2sarajevo
12-02-2006, 03:29 PM
I am now wondering though if the Mavs/Kings rivalry is worse than Mavs/Spurs. :lol You guys really go at it.There really is no Mavs/Kings rivalry. I think there used to be when the Kings were a threat (and we got lucky enough for Webber to go down). The Spurs are who we care about (and the Suns). Everything else is just gravy.

I think what started the Kings thing was a couple of posters that wanted to start something.

LEONARD
12-02-2006, 03:34 PM
A

spurschick
12-02-2006, 05:47 PM
A

At least you're honest. :lol

StylisticS
12-02-2006, 07:22 PM
There really is no Mavs/Kings rivalry. I think there used to be when the Kings were a threat (and we got lucky enough for Webber to go down). The Spurs are who we care about (and the Suns). Everything else is just gravy.

I think what started the Kings thing was a couple of posters that wanted to start something.

I'm sorry but that sucks. You mean it's only a rivalry if the two teams are good at the same time. Then it wasn't a rivalry to begin with. When the Cowboys and REdskins started out the season 0-5 in 2001. You think it was less of a rivalry than it is now. Hell no. This isn't made towards you but in general towards the NBA and how they market their product. It's only a market if the two teams are good but when they aren't, it doesn't matter. Doesn't build any history when the franchise is good or bad. Sorry for the rant.

dallaskd
12-02-2006, 07:43 PM

Choose all that apply:

mqywaaah
12-02-2006, 11:49 PM

Where else do you post?

Dirk Nowitzki
12-03-2006, 12:42 AM

Choose all that apply:

:lol :lol At your "we are taking it back" sig. :drunk :drunk

spurschick
12-03-2006, 01:00 AM
:lol :lol At your "we are taking it back" sig. :drunk :drunk

:drunk :drunk Laugh all you want. Do you have any photos of Mavs players with multiple championship trophies? If so, I'd like to see them.

Trainwreck2100
12-03-2006, 01:06 AM
:drunk :drunk Laugh all you want. Do you have any photos of Mavs players with multiple championship trophies? If so, I'd like to see them.

Mavs have the coveted "At least we beat the Spurs" trophy

Condemned 2 HelLA
12-03-2006, 01:07 AM

You know that's going to send him scrambling for a picture of Devean George, right?
:rolleyes :lol

u2sarajevo
12-03-2006, 01:48 AM
I'm sorry but that sucks. You mean it's only a rivalry if the two teams are good at the same time. Then it wasn't a rivalry to begin with. When the Cowboys and REdskins started out the season 0-5 in 2001. You think it was less of a rivalry than it is now. Hell no. This isn't made towards you but in general towards the NBA and how they market their product. It's only a market if the two teams are good but when they aren't, it doesn't matter. Doesn't build any history when the franchise is good or bad. Sorry for the rant.No problem.... but the Kings aren't in our division.

We used to hate the 49'ers too, but that rivalry is all but gone as well. The Cowboys/Redskins rivalry remains because they see each other twice a year in a 16 game season so their success/failure against each other is pivotal on their season being a success or a failure.

mqywaaah
12-03-2006, 01:51 AM
Well said U2..

spurschick
12-03-2006, 10:48 AM
You know that's going to send him scrambling for a picture of Devean George, right? :rolleyes :lol

It don't mean a thing if you ain't got the ring.

Kobelooms
12-03-2006, 10:50 AM
I think they're here to support their team, just like every other fan right?

Dirk Nowitzki
12-03-2006, 01:10 PM

Sadly 2005 will be the final title you will ever win in the Duncan era. Using the title card while very true is weak and in the past. What have you done lately? GET BITCHSLAPPED BY THE MAVS! It is nice to know that you have to get past us to make the finals. BTW that fluke of an allstar Manu I hope feels better. His late game stupidity is an extra bonus for us. The Mavs have so many advantages over the Spurs it isnt even funny. With the experience factor much improved, it wont take us 7 games to send you summer fishing again. But hey maybe Eric Williams can be your "Dirk Stopper" :drunk :lol :blah! Chhhhhanges! :fro

P.S: Cait wait to OWN you again in that Barn Jan 5th! :elephant :elephant

spurschick
12-03-2006, 07:26 PM
What have you done lately? GET BITCHSLAPPED BY THE MAVS!

Bitchslapped? If beating us by 3 points is a bitchslapping, what do you call us beating you opening night by 6? And I don't think a series going to 7 games can be called a bitchslap either.

mabber
12-04-2006, 12:51 PM

Choose all that apply:

As with any forum, one has to sift through a lot of BS posts to get to the good ones but this forum generally has some good threads if for no other reason than there a lot of posts/posters. As a Mav fan, I try to stay away from defending the Mavs cuz it's pointless on a Spur's forum (and that's understandable).

I also go to a Heat forum where there aren't many posters but they are very knowledgeable about the league and they welcome fans of other teams. I had a great time talking about the finals with these guys last season. It was all just hoops related and no ridiculous trash talk that you get in this forum.

StylisticS
12-04-2006, 01:41 PM
No problem.... but the Kings aren't in our division.

We used to hate the 49'ers too, but that rivalry is all but gone as well. The Cowboys/Redskins rivalry remains because they see each other twice a year in a 16 game season so their success/failure against each other is pivotal on their season being a success or a failure.

Rivalries are rivalries not matter what. Even if we played Washington once a year, it would still be an intense and hated rivalry. I have to disagree with the niners. You honestly cannot tell me that Cowboy fans would love to see the Niners win their 6th superbowl before us. Hell, we hated to see Pittsburgh win its 5th last year and we have played them what, twice since Super Bowl 30? They don't have to be in our division to be a rival.

u2sarajevo
12-04-2006, 03:56 PM
Rivalries are rivalries not matter what. Even if we played Washington once a year, it would still be an intense and hated rivalry. I have to disagree with the niners. You honestly cannot tell me that Cowboy fans would love to see the Niners win their 6th superbowl before us. Hell, we hated to see Pittsburgh win its 5th last year and we have played them what, twice since Super Bowl 30? They don't have to be in our division to be a rival.I didn't say I would hate to see that. I was speaking to the importance we place on winning the games against said opponents. They aren't a threat. Absence of threat makes any perceived rivalry muted.

Besides, I'm a Mavs fan, so if they Niners won a 6th before us I would just point out that we have been to more Superbowls. ;)

j/k

spurschick
12-04-2006, 03:57 PM
I also go to a Heat forum where there aren't many posters but they are very knowledgeable about the league and they welcome fans of other teams. I had a great time talking about the finals with these guys last season. It was all just hoops related and no ridiculous trash talk that you get in this forum.

It's cool that you found a forum like that during the finals and even more impressive that there wasn't any trash talk.

u2sarajevo
12-04-2006, 03:58 PM
Oh... and to get back on topic.... spurschick... my answer would be:

clambake
12-04-2006, 04:27 PM
In mavs forums, you must be one of the choir.....how boring is that?

Trainwreck2100
12-04-2006, 04:28 PM
Sadly 2005 will be the final title you will ever win in the Duncan era. Using the title card while very true is weak and in the past. What have you done lately? GET BITCHSLAPPED BY THE MAVS! It is nice to know that you have to get past us to make the finals. BTW that fluke of an allstar Manu I hope feels better. His late game stupidity is an extra bonus for us. The Mavs have so many advantages over the Spurs it isnt even funny. With the experience factor much improved, it wont take us 7 games to send you summer fishing again. But hey maybe Eric Williams can be your "Dirk Stopper" :drunk :lol :blah! Chhhhhanges! :fro

P.S: Cait wait to OWN you again in that Barn Jan 5th! :elephant :elephant

So in the same post you say you bitchslapped the Spurs and then credit Manu's stupidity for the win