PDA

View Full Version : Why does this board always go nuts....

conqueso
12-03-2006, 01:31 AM
After a victory?

You guys are acting like it's the end of the world because the Spurs, sans Ginobili, let a hungry Kings team back into the game tonight and eked out a win.

I can't use the excuse anymore that's it's November, but jesus guys, it's December 2nd. If the playoffs started tomorrow, we'd be in trouble, sure.

But they don't.

You people act like you haven't seen this every year (with one exception) for like the last decade. The Spurs lick scrotum in the first half of the season. It's a universal truth.

Don't make this more than what it is; a sloppy game that was one three pointer away from turning into a blowout if the scrubs had held down the fort in the third when the Spurs were up 17.

Fuck. Everyone stop overreacting. Reading this board is like watching a crappy reality show with all this drama everywhere.

Everyone just chill out. The Spurs are fine.

Fillmoe
12-03-2006, 01:35 AM
cuz they are passionate fans and like to see their team succeed?

withcheese
12-03-2006, 01:39 AM

filmoe, your retarded. hes not talking about people liking to see there team succeed, hes talking about people shitting themselves because there team doesnt blow everyo0ne out. fuck that. all these nit picking little bitches here always find something to fault and cant ever feel good about a win. whatever, they suck, this spurs team rules, and theyll be kicking ass come june while the kings are trying to avoiding assault charges :lol

Fillmoe
12-03-2006, 01:42 AM
why not just use the same name dickface? everyone knows they are both u....

Fabbs
12-03-2006, 01:45 AM
:clap
because patterns have develped that show no signs of being reversed.
In fact they show signs of 100% deja vu vs Dallas 2006 playoff ousted.

Should they be reversed, we rejoice.

conqueso
12-03-2006, 01:53 AM

Should they be reversed, we rejoice.Fabbs, these are the same patterns that are "deja vu" of '99, '03, and '05. Come on, it's way too early to start all this doomsday shit. A win at home in this fashion means something in March, but it don't mean anything now.

sprrs
12-03-2006, 01:54 AM

The fans who cry out for Pop to be fired or Manu/Tony to be traded go a bit too far I think.

Pop's trying various lineups to figure out who works best with who and against what. Sloppy play comes with that. That's what the regular season's for. We don't want another repeat of last year's playoffs where we just suddenly drasticaly change our play style and have to adjust.

Solid D
12-03-2006, 01:56 AM

Should they be reversed, we rejoice.

Spurs haven't had a lot of practice time, and not much rest during the first month since Paris. Pat Riley said prior to playing the Spurs that they were playing better than any team he's seen in the past 4-5 years. They've developed a few poor habits the past 2 weeks but they didn't have much practice time to correct them (7 games in 11 days).

Horry and Finley have been disappointing so far, but don't count those guys out. It's early.

Since when do the Spurs really gel as a team prior to February?

Dex
12-03-2006, 02:02 AM

When February starts coming after March. :blah

T Park
12-03-2006, 02:23 AM
Solid D spreads the wisdom as usual.

Solid D for MVP.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-03-2006, 03:12 AM
Spurs haven't had a lot of practice time, and not much rest during the first month since Paris. Pat Riley said prior to playing the Spurs that they were playing better than any team he's seen in the past 4-5 years. They've developed a few poor habits the past 2 weeks but they didn't have much practice time to correct them (7 games in 11 days).

Horry and Finley have been disappointing so far, but don't count those guys out. It's early.

Yeah, it's only November so I've kept my bitching to a minimal but I don't want this to be a repeat of last year where the team never really gelled at all (after everyone giving the BS "Spurs will dominate in february, then it became march, then april, and then we got ousted in the 2nd rd)

Fortunately, our road play seems to be impressive, so maybe when we do our annual rodeo trip, we can really kick it up a notch

exstatic
12-03-2006, 10:38 AM
Yeah, it's only November so I've kept my bitching to a minimal but I don't want this to be a repeat of last year where the team never really gelled at all (after everyone giving the BS "Spurs will dominate in february, then it became march, then april, and then we got ousted in the 2nd rd)

Fortunately, our road play seems to be impressive, so maybe when we do our annual rodeo trip, we can really kick it up a notch
Is Tim hopping around on one stem this year?

mando6599
12-03-2006, 05:18 PM
After a victory?

You guys are acting like it's the end of the world because the Spurs, sans Ginobili, let a hungry Kings team back into the game tonight and eked out a win.

I can't use the excuse anymore that's it's November, but jesus guys, it's December 2nd. If the playoffs started tomorrow, we'd be in trouble, sure.

But they don't.

You people act like you haven't seen this every year (with one exception) for like the last decade. The Spurs lick scrotum in the first half of the season. It's a universal truth.

Don't make this more than what it is; a sloppy game that was one three pointer away from turning into a blowout if the scrubs had held down the fort in the third when the Spurs were up 17.

Fuck. Everyone stop overreacting. Reading this board is like watching a crappy reality show with all this drama everywhere.

Everyone just chill out. The Spurs are fine.

I couldn't agree with you more.

MosesGuthrie
12-03-2006, 10:03 PM

damn you Beezy....you finally had a post I agree with!

The passion of Spurs fans is legendary....but conqueso is right....the Spurs are and will be just fine. Its only December.

flipcritic
12-04-2006, 12:38 AM
Let the fans be fans. I used to be annoyed by the extremes on this board (cockiness or depression, take your pick), but that just shows how much people here love their Spurs. If we were to "play safe" by being reticent or respectful all the time, then everybody might as well just show up after elimination or the trophy ceremony.

It's all venting. As long as one recognizes that, then it's not such a big deal.

TDMVPDPOY
12-04-2006, 12:39 AM
we are the definition of sorelosers

mookie2001
12-04-2006, 12:50 AM
the real problem is popovich blows, hes a shitty coach and deep down we all know it